2012 Notre Dame Game Summaries and Recruiting Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Noknee, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

2012 Notre Dame Game Summaries and Recruiting Updates

Coaches' Poll Rank - 8
    Media Poll Rank - 8
    BCS Rank - 8

Schedule
    Week 1 - Alabama 28 Notre Dame 30 (1-0)
    Week 2 - NC State 9 Notre Dame 38 (2-0)
    Week 3 - Bye (2-0)
    Week 4 - Notre Dame 70 Ball State 10 (3-0)
    Week 5 - Bye
    Week 6 - Illinois 21 Notre Dame 51 (4-0)
    Week 7 - Penn St. 14 Notre Dame 58 (5-0)
    Week 8 - Notre Dame 34 Wisconsin 28 (6-0)
    Week 9 - Notre Dame 30 Michigan 33 (6-1)
    Week 10 - Northwestern 17 Notre Dame 51(7-1)

Offensive Team Leaders
    Passing
    Steve James - 99-167, 1642 yards 15 TDs 7 INTs

Rushing
    Jonas Gray - 167 carries, 1090 yards, 6.5 ypc, 15 TD.

Receiving
    Joseph Fauria - 17 receptions, 382 yards, 1 TD, 47.8 ypg

Defensive Team Leaders
    Tackles: Stacy Davis - 79
    Interceptions: EJ Banks - 3
    Sacks: Kapron Lewis Moore - 5
    Next Game: vs. Iowa

Recruiting Summary
    9 commits

Class Break down
    5 stars - 4
    4 stars - 5
    3 stars - 0
    2 stars - 0
    1 star - 0

List of commits (alphabetical order)
    Barrett, Earnest (#5 SS)Wellington, FL. 6'3" 229 lbs.
    Campbell, Tyler (#9 TE) Ottawa, IL. 6'4 240 lbs.
    Hicks, Andy (#5 FS) Fort Valley, GA. 6'0" 188 lbs.
    Hodges, Aaron (#1 OLB) Massapequa Park, NY. 6'3", 219 lbs.
    Hurd, Connor (#10 HB) Fenton, MI. 6'0" 200 lbs.
    Jenkins, Jake (#3 MLB) Bradenton, FL. 6'2" 234 lbs.
    Johnson, Connor - (#1 WR) Novato, CA. 5'9", 179 lbs.
    Mayo, John - (#3 DT) Riviera Beach, FL. 6'1", 280 lbs.
    Stewart, Craig (#5 DE) Indianapolis, IN. 6'3 250 lbs.

Needs: C, FB, OLB.

2. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

It was a showdown of 2 elite programs in college football when the #7 Alabama Crimson Tide met the #1 Notre Dame Fighting Irish in South Bend. The Tide had revenge on the mind but came up on the short end of a 30-28 battle. The key reason Bama lost was due to field position. The Irish started every drive past their own 40 while Bama consistently had to start around or inside their own 30.

The first quarter started with a drive by the Irish mixing run and pass but primarily using the pass to eat up yards due to the Tide's strong run defense. The drive took up nearly half of the first quarter but Heisman hopeful Jonas Gray plunged in from a yard out to make it 7-0. Alabama responded with a drive of their own marching it down the field. On a second down play Quarterback Star Jackson found Welsh in the corner of the endzone to tie it at 7-7, and that's how the first quarter would end.

First Quarter - 7-7 ND

On the ensuing kickoff Walker would have one of his game changing returns by returning it to the Alabama 28. The Irish would have to settle for a FG however without even getting a first down as the Irish squandered great field position. Anthony Yates made it 10-7 Irish after the 40 yard field goal split the uprights. Alabama took the next drive and sliced through the Irish defense quite easily to put in their second score and take a 14-10 lead due to a Marrow 2 yard run. The ensuing kickoff proved again disastrous for Alabama as Deion Walker would take it back to the house at give the Irish a 17-14 lead. Momentum swung in the Irish's favor as the defense would step up and force a 3 and out. The Irish then took it down the field running the 2 minute drill and Trevor Payne would be put in for Yates because of the distance and he would hit the 48 yard field goal to give the Irish a 20-14 halftime lead.

Second Quarter - 20-14 ND

The Irish defense would continue its play from the second quarter by forcing another 3 out. The good field position resulted in another Irish TD where Gray would add his second 1 yard score. The Irish would take a 27-14 and this is where the Irish offense became far too aggressive for the rest of the game.

Third Quarter - 27 - 14 ND

The Alabama offense would show up in the 4th. They put in their first TD thanks to another TD pass by Jackson, this time hooking up with Burns which would cut the deficit to 6. An interception by Kirkpatrick due to an errant James throw in the Red zone gave Alabama new life. It wouldn't take long as several plays later Jackson added a 63 yard Touchdown pass to give Alabama a 28-27 lead with under a minute left. However, the poor kickoffs reared their ugly head again as the Irish would start with the ball at their own 47. Steve James would engineer the first game winning drive of his career. The first play he would scramble to the right for a 17 yard gain. The next play he hit Davis across the middle to get them down to the 25. The Irish would run down the clock to 8 seconds and kick the game winning field goal by Payne from 29 yards out. A hail mary was the Tide's last chance and it would come up short as the Irish would seal the victory 30-28.

Final Score - 30-28 ND

Players of the Game
    Alabama - Star Jackson 12-17 212 yards 3 TD 2 INT
    Notre Dame - Jonas Gray 26 carries 67 yards 2 TDs

Other Notable players
    Alabama: Jason Michell - 8 carries 48 yards
    Kendall Kelly - 3 receptions 113 yards
    Notre Dame: Steve James - 13-21 167 yards 0 TD 1 INT, 6 carries 32 yards
    Manti Teo - 5 tackles (2 TFL), 2 sacks

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Where the highlight's NoKnee? I thought you said you were gonna have some.

4. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

i guess u only won 1 game this year huh? that sucks man i would have never thought that you would only win once.

5. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Due to the lack of summaries Noknee lost his weeks recruiting for last week, I kept him on auto. However after talking to him I am hopeful and confident he will become more active.

6. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Bahahahaha!!

7. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

I'm sure you wish the Alabama game was the only game I won, since that would mean the 38-9 ass whipping you had to deal with in week 2 wouldn't exist. I'd be probably be more concerned why my team is 2-5 than what other people are posting for game summaries.

8. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Let's all settle down here...Noknee has gotten his punishment for the lack of game summaries, end of story. If you feel the need to keep this discussion take it to the PM inbox. This thread is for game summaries, that's all I want to see in here. And I hope to see them.

9. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I'd like to know what happened in the game against Northwestern....come on man we talked about you getting more active and I really thought you would. You are always online, I see you online as much as anyone in this OD. Start posting more, and start with this game summary thread. I'm not warning you again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.