2012+ Oklahoma Sooners

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Juggernautblitz, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

2012+ Oklahoma Sooners

Offense - TBD
    Defense - 4-2-5

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Offense: He did not have his #1 QB so his offense was very conservative in this match. He ran the ball very effectively and his offensive line is very good. I could not get to running back with any of my front 7. Backs also fell forward for 2-3 yards on every hit, including a very frustrating 4th down conversion when my linebacker hit his back 2 yards behind the line. Passing game was sporadic but QB made a few nice plays.

Defense: He really stopped my offense in this game. Aside from one hurry up drive my offense did nothing the entire game. Run defense was very sound and he also got pressure on my QB in passing situations. I was often forced to find space outside the pocket because the pocket would collapse in just a few seconds.

3. Juggernautblitz

That 4th down was whack. I was imagining you being about ready to fucking explode when I converted that because I was dead to rights about 2 yards behind the line.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I was less than pleased. I didn't throw my controller but I did throw some punches at a nearby pillow. I learned not to punch the padded arm rest of my futon, badly bruised my hand doing that in one game. My linebacker had a running start at your back and your back never even got started, yet somehow your back fell forward for a 2 yard gain.

5. Juggernautblitz

Back to Balanced offense for the time being.
    Offense - Balanced
    Defense - 4-2-5

6. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I lost 21-23 @ OU

Offense - His approach was run first. His RB falls 3-5yds forward unless you whack him just right. I played mostly man which he was able to make small to medium size gains. I had some success mixing in zone blitzes and got some sacks and rushed pass attempts.

Defense - His top 2 CBs have an amazing ability to break-up what I thought would be for sure catches. Plus he was able to apply a ton of pressure. I came back by targeting my TE and slot wr. His D-line is good so I set up the run by passing. Pick your spots though. I saw a lot of zone blitz so I spread him out out and saw some success.

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Offense - Fairly balanced. He wants to run it (I think) to set up play action downfield. He threw it deep and short over the middle and into the flats at times. He never really took shots deep, but that may be due to his QB. He will run with his QB if it's there but will look to throw once he's outside the pocket. His OL is tough, and pushed around my highly rated front 7 all game.

Defense - He runs the 4-2-5 cover 2 a lot, and with his DL in 2011 it's tough. There are plays to be made 20-25 yards downfield but you need about 2.5 - 3 seconds of time to get the guy open. His DL doesn't usually give you that much time. Against me he pretty much controlled one of the lineman all game except when I ran a bit of heavy formations when he controlled the FS and brought him up to show a 9 man front.

Good game Jugg.

8. Juggernautblitz

Thanks again Dru.

OU didn't realize that we couldn't switch playbooks as long as it was posted so we are taking a recruiting penalty this week. I switched because Landry Jones got hurt and my backup is more of an option scrambler.

Defense - 4-2-5
    Offense - ECU for the rest of the year

9. Juggernautblitz

2013 Playbooks

Offense - ECU
    Defense - 4-2-5

10. Dru50

Sorry this is late, I overlooked it.

Offense - I think his offensive gameplan went out the window after he fell behind 21-0 with two pick 6's, so take this for what it is worth. I think he still wants to run the ball mostly between the tackles to then set up play action. His first two passes were out of ace big twins, both were PA passes, and on both he appeared to be looking to hit a TE on a crossing route to the wide side of the field. After our game last year, where he rarely threw more than 15 yards downfield, I decided to use aggressive zone defense this year on him and it worked on both plays, as my LB's, CB and SS were all in position to make a play on the pass.

Defense - 4-2-5 about 90% of the time, although this year I didn't see nearly as much cover 2 as last year. He mixed up the coverage and plays it seemed. Once I was up big, I basically decided to churn out the clock with Whaley, so his defensive strategy wasn't as easy to decipher when I was mainly running on every down.

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

2014 Playbooks

12. Juggernautblitz

Offense - Baylor
    Defense - 4-2-5

13. Dru50

Offense - Runs a lot, I'd estimate about 80% of his passes are off PA. If you stop the run, you likely can shut his offense down. He likes the lone fleXbox One set in the Baylor playbook, but since all the dangerous plays in that formation go away from the slot halfback, you really only need to worry about the open part of the formation. If he comes out in ace big twins, watch for the PA rollout to the TE, he likes to sprint the QB to the right off the fake and try and hit the TE coming across the formation. Didn't run much shotgun, when he did it was the two back set with 3 WRs and he would look to hit the slot WR. If you can get a couple score lead he starts scrambling with the QB on every pass play which I think hurts him more than it helps.

Defense - 4-2-5, mostly zone. Started doing some wierd stuff in the second half - running goal line and punt returns against shotgun sets, calling 5-2 and blitzing the house and other things. He had his #1 CB make a couple of sweet picks for him and the goal line/5-2 strategy threw me a couple times as I made a couple stupid reads and threw into bad spots.

But what am I saying, in the end strategy means nothing vs OU since the CPU is a Texas fan. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.