2012 Playbooks

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

No need to post if you're keeping the same book, but if you're changing your offense or defense, let us know what you'll be running.

2. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I am switching defense to the multiple

3. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I will be sticking with Syracuse offense and 4-3 defense.

4. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

I will be switching defense to 4-3 and I'm choosing between a couple of playbooks Ill have an answer tonight

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

I am going to be moving to an Air Raid offense. Not sure what book I will be using, still trying to decide between BYU and Texas Tech.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think I may be making a change also. Not sure to what just yet, but I gotta stretch the field a bit more.

7. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

If you want to keep pro style but sling the ball around the field with Crist I'd go with Syracuse. The passing out of that book is really really good and it has enough I formation to establish a good running game.

8. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

FSU will be switching to Va Tech's playbook and staying with the 3-4 D.

9. bdub

bdub Walk On

Going to start pounding the ball?

10. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

I like their i forms and ace... I will continue to run a balanced offense.

11. bdub

bdub Walk On

I have used it once or twice its a great playbook.

12. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

I also like the wildcat or the wild hokie

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I tend to base my choice on as much variety as I can get within a certain set of limits. Last year, I wanted balance, and lots of TE options. The Kentucky book is great for that. This year, I'm really thinking that running a Manning-esque 3 WR concept is best (I'm loaded at WR and my QB has the best arm in the game), so I may be going with the New Mexico book. I like the 3 WR sets (ACE-Slot, ACE Y-Trips, Shotgun Normal and Normal HB Weak, and it also has I and Strong I Trip sets, and the Normal Y-Slot so I can split out the TE). Throw in a few big sets including I-Tight, a few 4-wide, a five wide, and I've got lots of options. I'm not set on it yet, but I should be by tonight. If I switch, look for a full commitment to slinging the ball all over the field. Should be fun.

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Also, did you guys know about this: NCAA PLAYBOOK SPREADSHEET?

I thought it was pretty common knowledge, but just in case, I thought I'd post it.

15. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

That is a really nice resource...I have been running the PSU playbook since I started on the Xbox 360 version of the game and know it inside and out. But I have been wanting some new books and with my team having 4 good solid running backs this year I am looking to make a switch to a book that is pro style so I can make sure they all play heavily.

16. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

If you want to go power running I really like Michigan State. It has great I Formation and Maryland I in it.

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Pitt, MSU, & Boise are really good, but if you want a monster run book, look at Miami. Lots of big sets, some interesting tackle over stuff, and lots of weak I sets, including a Twin TE. Also, Cal is a good pro book, too, with tons of strong I sets. If you're looking for something new, Miami has the most unique pro style in the game, I think.

18. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Miami is a good book. I was looking at it for this season but I don't like the lack of variety if offers with the tackle over sets (there are few backside runs and you tip off the strong side run to the defense).

19. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Tackle over is kind of like Y-trips in the I and Strong sets. You're just not going to see much to the weak side. You can switch run directions, but you'd have to bounce to get outside, and that's kind of a gimmick this year. Load option is a great play, though, if you have a running QB. The under center power and speed options work pretty well, even on our settings.

20. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Since most of my RBs are young I will rep that Miami book offline. I gotta stick with what I know.

21. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Sissy. :D

By the way, I'll be sticking with what I know as well. I'm staying with the Kentucky book. :oops:

22. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

If I wasn't playing the number 1 team in the country week 1 I would consider a change, but it is too big a cookie to try something new on.

23. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I am actually going to use the 3-4..I thought about it and decided it was for me!

24. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Same reason I'm sticking with Syracuse book.

25. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

sold me I'm going with Miami

and a 4-3 defense