2012 Player Profiles!

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by WreckEm27, Jul 23, 2012.

1. WreckEm27

WreckEm27 Classless Clown

I will continually update this thread throughout the season as I pick out spectacular (both the good and bad kind) players to do fictional profiles on.

WEEK ONE:

For the first week of 2012, I pick a player that is a huge question mark for this team and could be what either makes their offense or keeps it from being as good as it should be.

His name is Jameill Showers! Aside from having a deceptively hard first name to spell, he is also taking the reins of a new offense at Texas A&M.

After losing first round draft choice Ryan Tannehill, Showers is thrust into the big role of being the QB at A&M. The Aggie faithful who used to deride Mike Leach and his dink and dunk gimmick offense have now hired someone who runs the same thing concept wise. If Showers doesn't show(harharhar), the Aggies could become more one dimensional and easier to stop. If he does play well however, he could make A&M a darkhorse team in the SEC.

[​IMG]

#3 Jameill Showers
    Position: Quarterback
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 219
    Year: Sophomore
    Hometown: Killeen, Texas
    High School: Shoemaker
    Experience:
    1 Letter

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Nice piece, although I'm not sure who told you A&M plans on dinking and dunking. We're going to punch opponents in the mouth with the run, and when their safties start to get nosey we're going deep:)

3. WreckEm27

I'm gonna pretend like I'm in the media and just didn't do my homework. :D

4. WreckEm27

WEEK TWO:

[​IMG]

We look at Tajh Boyd. The do it all QB from Clemson. He loves his mamma, cooking, and the Beastie Boys. Born in Hampton, Virginia and is majoring in Sociology. A dual threat, Boyd's career has been an arguably successful one.

After being redshirted in 2009, Boyd spent 2010 as the backup quarterback to Kyle Parker. He finished the season completing 33 of 63 passes for 329 yards with four touchdowns and three interceptions.

Boyd took over as the starter in 2011.After nine games, Boyd had completed 195 of 318 passes for 2,674 yards and 25 touchdowns.At that point, he ranked third in passing touchdowns and seventh in passing yardage among all NCAA Division I FBS quarterbacks.

Boyd led the Tigers to a 10-3 record, winning the ACC Championship and setting up a game against West Virginia in the Orange Bowl. Although the Tigers lost the Orange Bowl in record fashion, 70-33, Boyd had a highly successful year. He finished the year completing 298 of 499 passes for 3828 yards and 33 passing touchdowns. He also ran for 218 yards and five touchdowns.Boyd has been mentioned as a possible 2012 Heisman Trophy candidate.

Boyd attended Phoebus High School in Hampton, Virginia. He was awarded the Pete Dawkins Trophy for being the co-MVP of the 2009 U.S. Army All-American Bowl after completing seven of nine passes for 179 yards and three touchdowns.

Boyd also holds the record for touchdown passes in a season with 38. If Clemson is to be battling back into the title running, Boyd has to be a huge part of that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Love it WreckEm27 Good seeing all that Orange on my screen. Great write-up.

6. WreckEm27

Week 3:

This weeks player is Denzel Perryman from Miami! As it stands of this week, he is tied for the lead in sacks and tackles within our twelve team league. A very active player that while only a sophomore, has made his mark on the college football world. Another standout linebacker from Miami.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2011 YAHOO! SPORTS FIRST-TEAM FRESHMAN ALL-AMERICA
    2011 CBSSPORTS.COM FIRST-TEAM FRESHMAN ALL-AMERICA
    2011 NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR AWARD

2011 (FRESHMAN): Saw action in all 12 games, earning five starts ... Finished first among Atlantic Coast Conference freshmen and second overall on the team with 69 tackles (47 solo, 22 assists) ... Tied for the third-highest tackle for loss total on the team with 6.5 ... Recorded seven tackles and three tackles for loss (including his first career sack) against then-No. 20 Georgia Tech ... Registered seven tackles in four games, against Bethune-Cookman, the Yellow Jackets, Virginia and Duke ... Tied for the team-lead and recorded a career-high with 14 tackles against Boston College. Earned a letter.

High School: Rated as a three-star prospect according to ESPNU and Rivals.com ... Ranked 25th and 28th at his position by Rivals.com and ESPNU, respectively ... Most likely will play inside linebacker ... Described as a punishing tackler ... Recorded 137 tackles, seven for losses, four sacks and an interception return for a touchdown his senior year ... Area Defensive Player of the Year as a junior, registering 126 solo tackles ... Racked up 105 tackles, four sacks and two interceptions as a sophomore ... Also considered Florida State, LSU, Notre Dame and Florida.

Personal: Son of Sandra and Dezmond Perryman.

52 Denzel Perryman

Class:
    Sophomore

Hometown:
    Coral Gables, Fla.

High School:
    Coral Gables

Height / Weight:
    6-0 / 225

Position:
    Li

• Like Like x 1
  7. WreckEm27

Week 4:

This weeks player profile looks at the leagues leading kicker, a position that gets very little love but will here. He is Florida State's, and his name is Dustin Hopkins. He's perfect on extra points this year, and is 4/5 on his field goals with a long of 53 yards.

[​IMG]
    Fucking beast.

As a freshman in 2009, Hopkins had one of the best seasons of any first-year kicker in the country. He hit 19 of 27 field goals, or approximately 70%, over the course of 2009, including a 52 yarder. He was also accurate on his PAT attempts, booting 40 of 44. On November 13, 2010, against Clemson, Florida State, who was trailing the entire game, made a comeback in the 4th quarter. With less than a minute left in regulation, tied at 13, Florida State marched down into Clemson territory, where, with 3 seconds left, Hopkins made a 55 yard field goal to win the game. (it happens in real life too! :p) This was an important ACC victory. In 2011, while playing against Wake Forest, he kicked his 109th extra point in a row, breaking the previous FSU record.

He went to Clear Lake high school in Houston, and I'm actually quite close to there. So that's cool.

8. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

I remember this game. That kick would've made it from 70. He's a great kicker.

9. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

He is certainly a badass. He only went 3 for 6 vs Clay this week, but that was my fault for trying to kick 63 yarders in a rain storm. Apparently when the wind is in your face and it's raining he's only good from 55.

10. WreckEm27

Week 5:

Rex Burkhead is this weeks player profile. The leading rusher of league Overdrive, he has torn up many a defense and does it all sharing the spotlight with fellow rusher Taylor Martinez, the QB. He has many awards to go along with his cool first name and is also from the great state of Texas! He is key in keeping the children of the corn in Big 10 title contention.

Honors & Awards
    • Preseason Second-Team All-American (Athlon, 2012)
    • Preseason First-Team All-Big Ten (Athlon, Phil Steele, 2012)
    • Honorable-Mention All-American (Sports Illustrated, 2011)
    • Doak Walker Semifinalist (1 of 10, 2011)
    • First-Team All-Big Ten (Coaches, Media, ESPN, Phil Steele, 2011)
    • Second-Team All-Big Ten (Yahoo.com, 2011)
    • Rivals.com Big Ten Player of the Week (vs. Ohio State; vs. Michigan State, 2011)
    • School Record Holder for Single-Game Carries (38 vs. Iowa, 2011)
    • Tied School Record For Consecutive Games with a Touchdown (10, 2011)
    • First-Team CoSIDA Academic All-American (2011)
    • Academic All-District VII (2011)
    • Academic All-Big Ten (2011)
    • Honorable-Mention All-Big 12 (Coaches, 2010)
    • First-Team Academic All-Big 12 (2010)
    • 2-Time Nebraska Lifter of the Year (2010, 2011)
    • Two-Time Big 12 Commissioner’s Fall Academic Honor Roll (2009, 2010)
    • Big 12 Commissioner's Spring Academic Honor Roll (2011)
    • Uplifting Athletes Rare Disease Champion (2012)
    • Nebraska Student-Athlete HERO Leadership Award (2012)
    • Brook Berringer Citizenship Team (2010, 2011, 2012)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I'm glad you went back to actually profiling football players. If you would have profiled a punter, I was through:)

• Like Like x 2
  12. WreckEm27

lmao. I was trying to throw a curveball and it went wild.

13. WreckEm27

Week 8:

Tyler Bray from Tennessee is our week 8 player profile! The 6-6 Junior is the user leading passer(sorta) in our prestigious league Overdrive, and when he isn't recklessly boating he is contributing to the success of the CPU led Volunteers.

[​IMG]

Some of his accolades include:

• Named SEC Offensive Player of the Week (Sept. 12, 2011)
    • Sophomore QB named to preseason Manning, O'Brien, Maxwell Award Watch Lists
    • 2010 Three-time SEC Freshman of the Week (Nov. 6, 13 & 27, 2010)

• Full Name: Tyler Ian Bray
    • Born on December 27, 1991 in Clovis, California
    • Son of Jeff and Lori Bray
    • Majoring in Sociology

• Like Like x 1
  14. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

15. WreckEm27

Week 9:

This weeks profile is over Minnesota's Jamel Harbison. The Freshman phenom has 445 yards and 2 touchdowns on the year. He was quite the get for Minnesota in the offseason, they beat out Clemson, East Carolina, and West Virginia for his services.

OVERVIEW: Earned a four-star ranking by ESPN, which also rated him as the No. 32 wide receiver in the nation and the No. 11 player in North Carolina • deemed a three-star prospect by both Rivals.com and Scout.com • ranked as the No. 29 player in North Carolina by Rivals.com and the No. 148 wide receiver in the nation by Scout.com • ranked as the No. 20 player in North Carolina by Super Prep magazine • explosive wide receiver with a thick build • has the ability to play inside or out • good burst off the line • reliable hands • good speed • will take a hit after making the catch • good body control, displays a knack for coming down with jump balls and contested passes.

[​IMG]

He is going to be a star in the future iterations of the Flying Gopher. (my fun nickname for my offense, cheesy and lame yes.)

• Like Like x 1