2012 Post your GT's and a little about yourself

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Jun 16, 2011.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Can we post our GT's so we can add each other to our friends list.
    oops sorry Parrot GT is MYCANE

Post a little about yourself: This sould be easy for Parrothead...
    My name is Matt York. I am a 36 year old married father of 3 boys 9-5-4. I have been on TSO since may of 2009 I think. I have been gaming since I was 7 with the Atari. My favorite all time game was NHL 95. I love sports but only play golf now. Favorite teams are Miami Hurricanes Boston Red Sox and Bruins and the New York Giants. I also am a fan of the Louisville Cardinals since thats where I live. I am partners with a friend of mine and run a pawn shop in Louisville. Looking forward to playing with you guys (oh sorry Rip and girls) this year should be fun.

2. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Nice work on leaving out your GT.

My GT: The Parrothead

As you might imagine, I'm a Jimmy Buffett fan. 38 years old, married with three kids (5, 3, and 8 months). Been on TSO for a couple of years now. Like York, I started gaming back when Atari hit the stores. Too many favorite games to mention, but the earliest one I remember is Activision's Decathlon for the 2600. Loved that junk. Fan of the Oakland Raiders, Cincinnati Reds, Pittsburgh Penguins, and Miami Heat (since the days of Rony Seikaly, Glen Rice, et al, so forget the bandwagon talk) for pros. For college, it's USC, Iowa State, and Northern Iowa. Currently live in North Carolina and work for Duke. No, I cannot get you men's basketball tickets. Ha! Looking forward to being the first coach to get a new job offer!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Check out this guys favorite teams. I mean pick a city, this dude is all over the map. Hahaha.... Also he forgot to mention he is the maid. So if he pauses the game on live every now and then he has gone to do the dishes or laundry.

I'm just busting his balls. Parrot and I have been friends for years and he definitely the "bird dog" you want with you when going out on the town.

Oh. Back to the point. GT- Riptides

ATL pro fan. UGA college. I live in SC, married with two kids (11 & 7). I'm 37 yrs. old.

I'm sure parrot or York will fill in anything I left off.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

GT - Murk wk2

Im 20 years old, turn 21 in March. Going to be a Junior cornerback at Monmouth College...next year is our year. We bring back 4 seniors (2 being all americans at wide receiver and quarterback) that had medical redshirts, lose 1 D linemen, bring back 4 3-year starters at linebacker, and of course ME haha.

I live 15 minutes from Champaign, Illinois and spending my summer down in Destin, Florida. I am a fan of the Bear, Blackhawks, STL Cardinals, Florida State, and Illini as well as many other teams.

I'm studying Accounting, doing ROTC this year, plan on going to graduate school, and then into whatever branch lets me fly!

5. mrmiller84

mrmiller84 Walk On

GT: MrMiller84

I just turned 27 yesterday. I am married and my wife and I have a newborn (1 month old). I'm from Mississippi. I started gaming on the NES. My favorite games of all time is Madden 92(SEGA), Super Mario Cart (SNES), Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball (SNES), and Super Tecmo Bowl. I am a big sports gamer. I just recently started to play FPS with COD MW2, and bought my first one with Black Ops. I am a Michigan Wolverines(Football), Mississippi State, Chicago Bulls, and Chicago Bears fan. I work in management for a sporting goods company. So everyday whether its gaming or working i'm dealing with sports. It is my passion. Feel free to add me on XBL.

I plan on buying a few games coming up NCAA 12 obviously, Madden, NBA2k, and COD MW3.

6. jnewcomer5

jnewcomer5 Walk On

GT: EnlightenedSelf

Graduated from: Indiana University of PA (IUP!!)
    Living in: Canton, OH (Theme, JIM THORPE!)
    Drink: Heavily
    Smoke: Moderate
    Gaming Habits: Addicted
    Excited for C2C.. Off the chains.

No kids yet!

7. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Someone probably DOES have to fill in stuff for you. You're the same guy who forgets to give his area code when giving someone their phone number. You blew it! hahaha!

8. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Avoid Accounting at all costs. It's just not worth it.

9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Dude, if you're going to call out K to the A (Mario Kart) as a favorite, you better spell it right! That game was my life for like an entire year in college. No wonder it took me 7 1/2 years to graduate. haha. Loved me some Griffey baseball, too. For my money, nobody was better than the Indians on that game. I don't recall having ever lost a 7 game series to anyone when I used them.

10. mrmiller84

mrmiller84 Walk On

Sorry about the K

lol...I wish I still had my SNES with those games some days. The memories...oh well...I played the new Mario Kart on the Wii with my niece and feel like an old man. The Indians were oddly a great team on that game. I played mostly with the White Sox's or Mariners.

11. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

was that the Joey Bell robbie alomar carlos baerga indians?

12. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Best Games of all time in no paticular order
    1.Super Tecmo Bowl
    2.NHL 95
    3.rbi baseball
    4.Contra
    5.final fantasy 3
    6.double dribble
    7.mike tysons punch out
    8.Mortal Kombat
    9.Mario Kart
    10.Tiger woods 2005
    11.shinobi
    12 sim city
    and for arcade games nothing beats Gauntlet/Double Dragon I droped mad coin in those two games

13. mrmiller84

mrmiller84 Walk On

@mcyork I owned 6 of that 12.

14. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

@mrmiller Happy B-day by the way I had my 1st nes when you were 3 I played the hell out of smb and duck hunt

• Like Like x 1
  15. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

GT: vBIG SLICKv

I am 38 yrs old, born and raised in the Great Lone Star State of Texas and live in Houston. No, I do not ride a horse to work, but I do have some horses and a few head of cattle. I have a live in girlfriend, it is just like being married except if we split up she doesn't get half my stuff. I work in the Oil Drilling industry and think all of the enviromental bleeding hearts should go live in a mud hut somewhere and shut the hell up. I am addicted to golf and in my free time if I am not spending "quality time", her term not mine, with my gf or playing xbox I am on the golf course. I started gaming with the Atari way back in the day and have had every gaming system up to the xbox. I have always played sports games until COD: Modern Warfare 2 and am now hooked on it. I only play 2 games now, NCAA and Black Ops. I am a CAMPER, I think of it as securing a position, and if you come through my area I will own your ass and not feel sorry for doing it. You shouldn't run around like an idiot.
    My favorite sport is college football. I am a die hard University of Texas fan. I also follow the Saints, Rockets, and Astros.

I have been a part of TSO for a year now and have been a member of the premeir league Trifecta for that entire year. I look forward to playing and competeing with you guys.

16. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

@vBIG SLICKv when do you play black ops my job allows me to play during the day you get on then?

17. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

18. vBIG SLICKv

I'm on in the evening usually after 7pm cst until around 10pm cst. I work 8-5 so unfortunately I'm at the office all day.

I don't know Parrothead yet, but being a jimmy buffett fan I am sure he has smoked his and my share of weed. Damn random drug tests!!!!

19. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

You guys would be surprised at the amount I've had (at least that was first hand and not second hand): None.

20. mrmiller84

mrmiller84 Walk On

@vBIG SLICKv @mcyork

What would you guys suggest as far as clubs or just tips for someone trying to get into golf?

21. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I just figured because you were surrounded by Douche Bags all day at Duke that you would unwind by popping in Cheeseburger In Paradise and toking up

• Like Like x 3
  22. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

@mrmiller84 if you just starting out wait for a demo day at Dicks Sporting Goods or a Golf Galaxy-Edwin Watts type place or check at your local muni and see when they are hosting a day. Get a club fitting it doesn't cost you anything but they will match you up with a type of club that fits your swing. You do not want blades you want a cavity back. how much do you want to spend? Golf Galaxy and places like Play it Again Sports and your local Pawn Shops sell used clubs you can sometimes find some great deals. GG lets you try them out before you buy them. I am partial to Ping I have never hit sweeter clubs in my life and I have owned Titleist DCI's, Callaway x-18's and Taylor Made's. What I have learned is that you go with what you feel comfortable with golf is 75% mental.

• Like Like x 2
  23. vBIG SLICKv

Well, if you are just getting into it you may want to buy a fairly cheap set or some used ones to see if you are going to like golf and stick with it. Becuase golf is a VERY expensive addiction.

When you get serious any of the normal clubs are great, callaway, titlelist, mizunos, pings. I have been playing with Taylormade irons for the last 3 yrs and love them. However, I think my next set will be Mizuno. The important thing is don't just buy them off the shelf. You need to go to almost any golf shop and they will fit the clubs to your swing. They can adjust the length of the clubs, the lie of the club, and the loft of the club to fit how you swing. I believe your standard clubs off the shelf are for someone 5'-10. If you are taller or shorter you need to have them made to you.

TAKE LESSONS!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  24. mrmiller84

mrmiller84 Walk On

25. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

The irony is that the vast majority of the people I work with graduated from UNC. Weird.

• Like Like x 1