2012 Pushin for Paydirt Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by Mike E, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

User Power Rankings – Week 3
    "Do you even Lift?" Edition
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the first bi-monthly edition of the Pushin for Paydirt Power Rankings. Each week will be a different theme, based on this author’s whims mind you. However, there should be a loose connection between the theme itself, and the rankings. For a little back ground on this week’s theme, click here.

We decided to debut these rankings after a couple games had been played, you know, just the tip, just to see how it felt at first.

Good, now that that’s out of the way we can turn our attention to the matter at hand. Boobs (NSFW perhaps?)…umm…I mean the Power rankings.

1. Danthraxxx - Oregon Ducks

Having had TSA and Homeland Security steal an epic win at Florida State was a definite let-down. However not even the thought of FEMA Camps, Chemtrails, or an Illuminati Olympic Conspiracy can take the top spot in the rankings from the Ducks. Too much speed on offense and too much senior leadership on defense. Do you even lift? Apparently so...

2. Bulldog - USC Trojans

Much like giving your kid the keys to the Maserati, P4P has given Zach the USC Trojans. The question is, can he be trusted with them? Clearly the most talented team in the country, there is pressure every week to win and win big. This can be a precarious situation for many owners. If Bulldog can “play within himself” and “give 110%” and “leave it all on the field”, he should walk away with the Season 1 National Title.

3. JFace907 - Washington Huskies

Some of you may scoff at this high of a ranking, but then again, you may be high. So, piss off. Anyone that has played Justin knows that he can take any team at any point and have them in contention for a title. This Husky team actually has talent, and they are our dark horse to win this year.

4. Bucs - Miami Hurricanes

With a strong running game and speed all over the field, Matt has himself a great shot at winning the ACC in year one, getting a great recruiting class, and winning a title in the 2013 season. Mark it down. Lately he has been killing it on the sticks and is our early pick to represent the ACC in a BCS game in January.

5. Mike E - Florida State Seminoles

I could write the same thing here that was written about the Trojans...so fuck it, here ya go:

Much like giving your kid the keys to the Maserati, P4P has given Mike the Florida State Seminoles. The question is, can he be trusted with them? Clearly the most talented team in the ACC, there is pressure every week to win and win big. This can be a precarious situation for many owners. If Mike can “play within himself” and “give 110%” and “leave it all on the field”, he should walk away with the Season 1 National Title.

6. DerekC - Virginia Tech Hokies

Not much is known about this team yet other than its stellar defense. Will there be enough offense to take the Hokies to yet another ACC title? We think so. There is no doubt that this team is loaded and equipped to wrest total control of the ACC and win it for years to come.

7. Baron - Utah Utes

With a win against I Peench in a parallel dimension, Baron proved himself as a serious competitor. As well, he has a team that has talent in all the right places. Can he get past the Huskies, Trojans and the Ducks in his own conference though? We don't know but we look forward to all those match-ups and we foresee Baron upsetting at least one of them.

8. MartyWebb - UCLA Bruins

Sitting in USC's shadow is not a place Coach Webb is comfortable with. A tremendous game day coach, Marty will have UCLA back, casting its own shadow very soon. Just not this year...

9. I Peench - North Carolina Tar Heels

It is a guaran-damn-tee that I will regret putting the Heels so low. By the time ACC play gets rolling, this team could very well find their way to the top of the Conference. However, with the early growing pains of a new offense and defense, we cannot justify putting the Heels any higher. There is no doubt that when the season is over, this team may very well be up above the Seminoles, Hokies, and 'Canes.

10. sawemoff - Oregon State Beavers

A program knows for outperforming its talent will continue to do so this season. 8 or 9 wins are not out of the question for this team and its coach. The issue will be talent and depth in the PAC-12 though. We just don't see either just yet for the Beavers, at least not enough to compete for a Conference title this season

11. RedZoneD25 - Clemson Tigers

Not much is known about this team or its coach. Steeped in mystery, we all eagerly await the results of a User controlled Clemson team. We do know there is a lot of talent on the roster, but that's about it. If used properly, this is a team that could win the ACC going away.

12. SteamboatReb - Mystery Team

Always a dark horse, Mystery Team just may prove to be serious competition for the ACC.

. ​

• Like Like x 1
  2. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Insert whatever team you care to by my name and you probably have it right anyway. lol. I am trying to pick one of the "Sisters of the Poor" teams. You guys didn't happen to bring Pitt into the ACC a year early did you?

Leaning towards the Wolfpack. They seem to be the most talented by a pretty good stretch.

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Maryland fits your flair.

4. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

NC State is no joke. once you pick, ill put a few more words in. Welcome to the league, man!

5. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Absolutely awesome shit Mike E

Glad I could help you with the hyperlinks. ;)

6. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

thanks, bro. I read FAR too many conspiracy theory websites...