2012 QB Pre-Season Power Poll

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by nikpin, Sep 26, 2010.

1. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

2012 QB Pre-Season Power Poll

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Rank Player Team Career Stats Reasoning Trending
    1 [​IMG]
    David Isabelle​
    [​IMG]UAB​
    165.3 QB Rating 327/581 6,398 Yards 49/33 TD/INT 56% Comp % 3 Rush TD Though Isabelle did not get the nod for 1st Team All Conference honors he’s #1 in my initial power rankings. He’s easily the best QB ratings wise with an 83 OVR 79 SPD 83 ACC 78 AGI 88 THP and 87 THA. I expect the Senior Impact Player and Captain of the Blazers to lead them to a Western division title this season. [​IMG]
    2 [​IMG]
    Ryan Aplin​
    [​IMG]Arkansas State​
    132.5 Rating 422/746 5978 Yards 37/29 TD/INT 56.6 Comp % 2 Rush TD Aplin is getting a ton of pre-season hype right now as he was a 2nd Team All American and 1st Team All Conference. He’ll be joined this season as well by Auburn transfer Dontae Aycock as they make up the Red Wolves offensive Impact Players. He’s got decent wheels(77 SPD 87 ACC) and a accurate arm(85 THP 88 THA). The Arkansas State vs UAB game in Week 8 should be an entertaining one. [​IMG]
    3 [​IMG]
    Alex Carder​
    [​IMG]Western Michigan​
    178.2 QB Rating 299/504 5835 Yards 47/23 TD/INT 59.3 Comp % 1 Rush TD Carder is fresh off leading his team to a C-USA championship and the national championship game. As an Impact Player even more is expected of him this season with the lack of RB depth. Carder relies solely on his arm(86 THP 83 THA) as he’s one of the least athletic(66 SPD) C-USA QB’s. The biggest question for the Broncos is can Carder lead them to repeat championships his Senior year. (y)
    4 [​IMG]
    Kawaun "JQwon" Jakes​
    [​IMG]Western Kentucky ​
    131.9 QB Rating 260/500 4446 Yards 23/25 TD/INT 52 Comp % 10 Rush TD JQwon probably has the least room for growth on this list as his ratings as a QB are just horrible. A lot of teams have better arm’s that aren’t playing QB. I thought he might consider working on his arm strength(75) and throwing accuracy(73) from last season but they went up a meager 4 points combined. The only thing holding him u p this high is his athleticism. Can Coach DirtyCash manage this unique talent? [​IMG]
    5 [​IMG]
    Spencer Keith​
    [​IMG]Kent State​
    115.8 QB Rating 265/575 4464 Yards 23/25 TD/INT 46.1 QB Rating 1 Rush TD Spencer Keith probably made the most dramatic improvement from 2010 to 2011. His challenge this season is to take the next step In a wide open C-USA East and lead the Golden Flashes to the promise land. He’ll lean heavily on his favorite target SR WR Tyshon Goode and those two will need to come through big time this season. (y)
    6 [​IMG]
    Trent Steelman​
    [​IMG]Army​
    116.6 QB Rating 364/719 5329 Yards 28/33 TD/INT 50.6 Comp % 3 Rush TD Steelman is actually the C-USA’s 2nd highest rated QB at 80 OVR but it’s really hard to put much faith in him after last season. He’s got a great Speed(80 SPD 86 ACC 76 AGI) and Arm(80 THP 84 THA) combo. He does lack size and an adequate supporting cast though. It will be interesting to see if new coach GStang can utilize him effectively and turn around his Army career. EA and his teammates gave him a vote of confidence as he is an Impact Player, Captain and the best player on the Army team. (y)
    7 [​IMG]
    Cody Wells​
    [​IMG]
    UL-Monroe
    108.7 QB Rating 172/388 2768 Yards 18/21 TD/INT 44.3 Comp % Wells returns for his Senior season with a lot to prove. The Warhawks went winless last season and as the QB goes so goes the team. The good news is a new play caller is on the scene as Coach HammerHead takes over and has a lot of work to do. Wells will benefit from the addition of Ole Miss transfer Melvin Harris who at 6’7 is one of the tallest wideouts in the country. Wells need to step up this season or else the Warharks can’t expect to improve by much. (y)
    8 [​IMG]
    Blaine Gautier​
    [​IMG]
    UL-Lafayette
    None Gautier takes over for Chris Masson and immediately disappoints due to his lack of facial hair. Hopefully he can overcome that glaring weakness in his game to grow half the beard that Masson did. He doesn’t have near the accuracy that Masson did with only 82 THA but does have a slightly stronger arm with 82 THP. I’m going to assume that Coach Snoopy is sticking with the same offense he ran last season so Gautier should have a good shot at moving up this board. [​IMG]
    9 [​IMG]
    Brett Burnette​
    [​IMG]MidTenn State​
    126.4 QB Rating 95/177 1360Yards 8/6 TD/INT 53.7 Comp % 1 Rush TD Burnette missed a good portion of the 2011 season with injuries. His upside is definitely limited at 5’10 with little to no athletic ability(60 SPD. His arm is average by C-USA standards at 77 THP and 78 THA. He’ll have to perform significantly over his head to move up this poll. Health will be an issue as well and with plenty of options at QB new coach TimRoy will be able to play the hot hand. (y)
    10 [​IMG]
    Brent Terry​
    [​IMG]Idaho​
    120.5 QB Rating 142/285 2141 Yards 15/14 TD/INT 49.7 Comp % Brent Terry has two first names and you can never trust someone with two first names. Will the rest of the Vandals trust him to lead them to a West championship? Terry will have limited talent at the skill positions which will inhibit his ability to sustain drives or hit big plays. That seems like a recipe for disaster but he does have one of the better offensive lines in the C-USA. It’s also interesting to note that Terry is the first non senior on this list to go along with Dennis Brewster of Utah State. [​IMG]
    11 [​IMG]
    Dennis Brewster​
    [​IMG]Utah State​
    None Coach Steamer was asked at C-USA media day if he would stick with incumbent QB Jeff Fischer or plug In :2stars: ATH Dennis Brewster from day one. You can see that he’s rolling the dice with the freshmen QB in 2012. Brewster isn’t just a track star though(87 SPD) as he has a above average arm as well(82 THP 75 THA). I’m sure he won’t have a long leash this season but he could prove to be a dangerous weapon. (y)
    [​IMG]DeVontae Payne​
    [​IMG]
    Eastern Michigan
    69.3 QB Rating 163/454 1949 Yards 9/21 TD/INT 35.9 Comp % 3 Rush TD Well after two seasons of Payne complaining about a lack of talent surrounding him it’s time for him to put up or shut up this season as superstar transfer WR James Jackson will be the most talented WR in the conference. Payne obviously can’t fall any further on the power poll and I fully expect him to take a step forward this year and break the 10 passing TD barrier. He’ll need to cut down on both interceptions and sacks as he was among the conference leaders in both categories last season. (y)

2. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

very nice write up. BTW Brewster was a :2stars: ;)

3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Great job man, Aplin's gonna rock the house this year

4. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Good write up man

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Isabelle is going to have to carry the load as I have nada at tailback this year!

6. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

Gautier looks primed to move up the board after week 1... good job by the way and keep it up. These are quite fun

7. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Thanks guys. I've got the RBs all done but the writing

8. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

This is seriously awesome nikpin. As if I didn't love this dynasty enough already...

Burnette with definitely be starting game 2, but after a completion percentage below 50% in game 1, I'll definitely be keeping my options open.

9. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Very cool dude.