2012 RB Pre-Season Power Poll

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by nikpin, Sep 30, 2010.

1. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

2012 RB Pre-Season Power Poll

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Rank Player Team Career Stats Reasoning Trending
    1 [​IMG]
    CoShik Williams​
    [​IMG]Western Kentucky​
    2 Carries 1 Yard Williams transferred from Kentucky after getting 2 carries in 3 years there. It’s now his time to prove that he’s got a shot at playing in the league and I predict he’ll step up for WKU and be one of their few offensive weapons. He’s an impact player and the best offensive player on the Hilltoppers. His 95 SPD ranks him among the elite in conference and his 87 ACC and 81 AGI make him a capable runner in any situation. If he proves himself I see WKU as having a decent shot at a C-USA East and he starts a top the power poll. (y)
    2 [​IMG]
    Dontae Aycock ​
    [​IMG]Arkansas State​
    1 Carry 2 Yards Aycock transferred from Auburn after his freshmen year and only getting a single teaser carry. He’s only a Sophomore and should be among the leaders in this poll for the next 3 years. As an Impact Player he should lead one of the better C-USA offenses with Ryan Aplin. He’s a extremely well rounded runner with 89 SPD 84 ACC 88 AGI 84 BTK 82 CAR and a slew of other decent running stats. Him and Williams should battle it out for the top spot this season. (y)
    3 [​IMG]
    Yobes Walker​
    [​IMG]
    UL-Lafayette
    369 Carries, 1801 Yards, 5.9 YPC, 22 TD 78 Rec, 946 Yds, 6 TD Walker’s the first returning player on this list and would probably be higher if he didn’t play in such a pass heavy offense. His carries are limited and usually out of the shotgun and he seemed to last year after the change in offense. Coach Snoopy would be smart to get him the ball more this season as he’s an Impact Player and the best offensive weapon on the team. He does catch the ball a significant amount of the backfield and that gives him a slight boost. He’s got the potential to compete with the top two RB’s but has the potential to fall down the list if he doesn’t continue to get a significant amount of touches in the passing game. (y)
    4 [​IMG]
    Tevin Drake​
    [​IMG]Western Michigan​
    93 Carries 665 Yards 7.2 YPC 11 TDs 13 Rec 248 Yards 1 TD Drake broke out late last season after the Broncos top two starters succumbed to injury rendering them out for the season against ULL. I expected him to have a backup role with Antoin Scriven starting but Scriven transferred to Army. He was a Freshmen AA this year and is the 2nd Sophomore on this list. It will be interesting to see if he can hold for the entire season as WMU has little depth behind him. It’s hard to say what kind of potential he has but is a solid upper tier back in the C-USA. (y)
    5 [​IMG]
    Benjamin Cunningham​
    [​IMG]Mid Tenn State​
    52 Carries 178 Yards 3.4 YPC 1 TD 10 Rec 148 Yards 2 TD Cunningham steps into MTSU starting RB role have some experience under his belt having received carries the previous 2 seasons. This is his one and only season as a feature back and MTSU is relying on him to be an impact player on offense. At 75 OVR he’s slightly behind the upper class RB’s but does have good athleticism at 89 SPD/AGI and 91 ACC. His biggest vulnerability is his susceptibility to injury so keeping him on the field will be a priority. With a fragile RB and QB MTSU’s new coach will have to be conservative or his offense could quickly become a disaster. (y)
    6 [​IMG]
    Lonnie Liggins​
    [​IMG]Army​
    184 Carries 543 Yards 3.0 YPC 5 TD 28 Rec 272 Yds Liggins was a starter last season but extremely unproductive. He’s undersized at 5’7 and 188 and also brittle with 81 INJ. His only real asset is his athleticism with 91 SPD 94 ACC 90 AGI. He’s probably capped out at this point on the list as his upside is extremely limited. This being his last season in an Army uniform I hope he enjoys his time serving his country. (y)
    7 [​IMG]
    Kama Bailey​
    [​IMG]Idaho​
    6 Carries 10 Yards 1.7 YPC Bailey is the feature back in Coach CenTech’s high octane offense. The only problem is the passing game is what drives the Vandal offense. Expect Bailey to be relegated to a secondary roll and never really amass a lot of carries or yardage. He doesn’t really excel at anything but has decent athletic attributes with 89 SPD/AGI and 87 ACC. The one thing to watch out for is his 88 Spin Move. (y)
    8 [​IMG]
    Josh Johansen​
    [​IMG]Utah State​
    44 Carries 214 Yards 4.9 YPC 2 Rec 11 Yds One has to wonder if Johansen’s slight frame at 6’2 185 will hold up to an entire season of pounding. Coach Steamer seemed to have a hard time getting a much better RB the carries necessary last season so that might not even be an issue for Johansen. He’s the least athletic RB s far on the poll with 85 SPD 88 ACC and a weak 77 AGI. He does feature a 91 Break Tackle a 90 Spin Move and an 85 Juke Move which makes him a threat to take it to the house without breakaway speed. (y)
    9 [​IMG]
    Isaiah Newsome​
    [​IMG]
    UL-Monroe
    205 Carries, 826 Yards 4.0 YPC 5 TD 10 Rec 28 Yds Newsome is stuck exactly where he left off last season on this list and is only the 2nd returning player at this point. He’s only a (RS)Junior and with a new coach he’ll have an opportunity to prove himself as one of the conference’s elite RB’s by the end of his tenure. He’s pretty well rounded in that he’s not going to shake your or break many tackles but he does have adequate pure athleticism with 88 SPD 86 AGI & 85 ACC [​IMG]
    10 [​IMG]
    Chad WinBush​
    [​IMG]UAB​
    34 Carries 213 Yards 6.3 YPC 4 TDs Winbush will be relieved to know that most defenses will fear the UAB passing attack much more than anything he can do. That should actually give him a decent chance of some running room this season as a lot of teams will play heavy coverage against QB David Isabelle. He doesn’t have breakaway speed(86) but has a decent array of secondary RB skills with 77 Trucking/Elusiveness, 79 Stiff Arm, 85 Juke Move, and 75 BC Vision. (y)
    11 [​IMG]
    Howard Brown​
    [​IMG]Kent State​
    None Howard Brown sounds more like an ivy league scholar than a C-USA RB. I can only imagine the intellectual conversations him and Sophomore LB Adam Collins engage in. Needless to say he probably belongs in the Ivy League rather than the C-USA. His 91 SPD can’t possibly make up for his 72 ACC and 71 AGI. He does have an adequate Stiff Arm(80) Spin Move(75) and Juke Move(72) but I’d imagine by the time he executed the move and considered running again he’d be easily tackled by someone else. He is the only freshmen on the list so kudos to him for that. (y)
    [​IMG]Joe Waters​
    [​IMG]
    Eastern Michigan
    145 Carries, 603 Yards, 4.2 YPC, 2 TD, 6 Rec, 44 Yds Waters is terrible and Coach Crumb is forced to run him out their despite his consistently horrid performance. The good on Water is he’s only a Sophomore and has pretty good SPD at 89 and 84 ACC. The bad on Waters is everything else. He weighs 173 LBS which is pretty good for a HS RB but not D-1. If you force him to run in anything but a straight line his 70 AGI comes into play. He’s not breaking a tackle with 45 BTK. He’s not holding onto the ball with 55 Carrying. He’s not catching balls out of the backfield with 54 CTH. Once again he’s terrible. [​IMG]

2. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

ooh oooooh

3. nikpin

5-6 Up

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Aycock will finish this season at #1, bet your house on that. His last 2 games he's racked up 643 yards and 8TDs on 53 carries...BEAST

5. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I dont wanna see that guy for 3 more years. Heres to hoping he Declares! (y)

6. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Yet Isaiah Newsome is leading the country in rushing with 915 yeards, 13 TD's, averaging 9.5 yards per carry.

Making a name for himself...

7. nikpin

I'm going to finish this today or tomorrow. Also hope to do a Mid-season update to QB's as I'm off Columbus day.

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Doubt he's leading the country after this week

9. nikpin

Complete

10. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Ahh, to work in a bank.

Fn Colombus Day... go to work!

11. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

You got my guy 11th? Adam Collins will find you...