2012 Recruiting Chatter

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Dec 3, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'll be posting up the big board here this weekend with the top 25 recruits in the country. A brief look at the class, its pretty thin on :5stars: guys. I'll update each team too but I need the info and for you guys to post when you have someone sign.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 20 scholarships available
    Class Currently Ranked #2 In The Country As Of Week 9

1 | G (#9) - :4stars:- Kevin Austin, 6'1", 324 lbs, Pomona, CA
    2 | OLB (#6) - :4stars:- Cedric Bishop, 6'4", 252 lbs, National City, CA
    3 | SS (#29) - :3stars:- Kareem Williams, 6'0", 200 lbs, Castro Valley, CA
    4 | DE (#11) - :4stars:- Josh O'Neil, 6'3", 235 lbs, Paris, TX
    5 | CB (#56) - :3stars:- James Perkins, 6'1", 176 lbs, Lyndhurst, OH
    6 | DE (#15) - :4stars:- Sam Ross, 6'2", 260 lbs, Chula Vista, CA
    7 | SS (#10) - :4stars:- Mitch Young, 6'4", 216 lbs, Arabi, LA
    8 | FS (#4) - :4stars:- Joe Martinez, 6'1", 200 lbs, Winnsboro, LA
    9 | TE (#5) - :4stars:- Adam Wallace, 6'2", 242 lbs, Pittsburgh, CA
    10 | HB (#6) - :4stars:- Sidney George, 5'11", 202 lbs, Whittier, CA
    11 | OLB (#14) - :4stars:- Stanford Davis, 6'3", 187 lbs, Chino, CA
    12 | P (#6) - :3stars:- Jeremy Nelson, 6'2", 239 lbs, Valley Station, KY
    13 | TE (#15) - :3stars:- Sean Jackson, 6'5", 248 lbs, Manhattan Beach, CA
    14 | C (#4) - :4stars:- Greg Utley, 6'2", 296 lbs, Woodland, CA
    15 | CB (#22) - :3stars:- Jim Norwood, 5'11", 191 lbs, San Jose, CA
    16 | OLB (#7) -:4stars:- Marques Jackson, 6'5", 240 lbs, San Buenaventura, CA
    17 | QB (#7) -:4stars:- Steve Green, 6'1", 232 lbs, Fontana, CA
    18 |
    19 |
    20 |

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

A&M - 19 Seniors on full roster

*SPECS AND COACHES COMMENTS*

NEEDS:
    DE: 2/1 - 1 Sr, 2 Soph, 1 Fr. Planning on this class blossoming over the next couple years, playing time should really speed up the process. Signed 2 4star players here to add to the depth of young talent at the end spots. With the loss of highly rated Spencer Nealy from LE, this group should get a lot of rotation.

MLB: 1/1 - 1 Sr, 1 Jr, 1 Fr. Kyle Mangan has been a star performer for our defense, he will be missed as we will not have anyone of his caliber next season. Only plus is that Mangan is not very fast so we could increase our coverage abilities.

OLB: 2/2 - 2 Sr, 1 So, 1 Fr. Not particularly fast bunch. Even the seniors have struggled with speedy spread teams. Some speed has been added to the new group, but not enough to think of coverage abilities.

SS: 2/1 - Sr Colton Valencia is our superstar, and he brings toughness to our secondary, and we saw earlier this season how our defense performs without him. Jermaine Hail may see some action, but our starter will more than likely be Grant Hall, who is bigger, stronger, and made from the mold of Colton

P: 1/1 - Ryan Epperson has been a solid ST weapon and will be sorely missed. There is really nobody close to him in the recruiting class, so offense controlling the field next year will be ultra important to our success. Low rated recruit Ralph Church will replace him.

1: :3stars: MLB Robbie Kendrick 6'1 227 - Coverage LB with decent speed and pursuit. He'll need to beef up over his 5 years for him to have a legit shot at playing a lot. Some big time LBs want to come to A&M, but seeing how much trouble we've had covering TE's, Kendrick's speed could get him on the field eventually.

2: :1stars: P Ralph Church 6'0 213 - It's going to hurt going from a really good punter to Church this upcoming season, but we just didn't have the resources to go after an uninterested P. This fills a kicking need in week 2, so this is who we get. He's a bigger kid so we hope he matures quickly

3: :4stars: G Mike Gardner 6'5 282 - Mike is a rounded athlete, considered one of the top linemen in the 2012 recruiting class. Nothing really stands out, except he's got above average footwork and can really lay the wood if he gets good leverage downhill. He's got some work to do, but in a couple years he should be a very solid Guard for this team.

4: :3stars: OLB Cedric Hamilton 6'3 232 - Cedric fills a pretty big need for us, and we are excited to have him, despite the mid star ranking. With a freshman and sophomore on the roster behind our 2 seniors, we had 2 OLB needs coming in. He's not particularly great at anything, but he is fast and a decent tackler. He may have better coverage skills than our current young guns, and definitely better coverage abilities than any of our other OLB prospects, and thus could work his way into the rotation right away.

5: :3stars: S Jermaine Hale 6'0 185 - Jermaine is a small, but relentless hitter. He is going to have a shot at playing, but not immediately in any extended roles. With another S in the recruiting plans, Jermaine should be a guy that we are able to attempt to redshirt. Not great man coverage or tackling skills, so he needs some work.

6: :4stars: WR Jason Johnson 5'11 180 - Jason is a little guy who is explosive with his legs and an above average route runner. On a very young and talented receiving corps, Jason will need to improve his catching skills to make an impact, but the Aggies feel he is a receiver that can make the leap into the rotation early because of his explosiveness and very good route abilities.
    7: :2stars: K Willie Higgins 5'11 169 - Willie will challenge our current F kicker for the starting role next season we think.

8: :4stars: SS Grant Hall 6'3 186 - Grant is a prize pickup for the program. Almost lost him to SMU late, but we regained his confidence this last week to snag him. He will probably start with his toughness and hit power. But he will need to be wary of speedsters. His is right in the mold of current SS Valencia, but will really need to become faster if he wants to be a great Big 12 S.

9: :3stars: OLB Will Thomas 6'3 220 - Another faster lb, but his play recognition, coverage and pursuit skills are too low to get him in with any consistency his first two seasons. Probably a redshirt for us.

10: :4stars: QB Alfred Howell 6'3 194 - Alfred is another prize pickup for Aggie Nation. A guy with solid accuracy, and a propensity for eluding guys in the pocket. The coaching staff really feels like he has a chance to challenge for a starting spot his freshman year, although they would really like to see Jameill Showers step up and earn that spot outright. Showers is a guy with some experience and would bring a steady poise to the team.

11: :4stars: DE Chris Howard 6'7 230 - Chris is a big, explosive, bull rushing end that will be a beast when he gets some experience. An absolutely wonderful pick up for the Aggies.

12: :4stars: DE Spencer West 6'3 237 - Spencer is not great at any one thing, but he is really strong and good at pretty much everything coming out of HS. Really feel as if this guy along with Howard are going to be a strong, strong tandem in the coming seasons.

13: :3stars: C Brett Cody 6'4 277 - Somewhat of a project, the coaching staff is just hoping that Brett can overcome a low star rating and become a real player along the lines.

14: :3stars: CB Jonathon Cameron 6'0 174 - A speedy cornerback with good coverage skills will always get a shot. That's what J Cam is going to give the Aggies. Probably a nickel and dime guy his first couple years, if we can't redshirt him.

15: :3stars: QB Mike Hawkins 6'3 206 - About average in the power and accuracy ranges. Good size gives Mike a chance to compete after a couple years if he can bloom the way we hope.

16: :3stars: OLB Jean Ashton 6'1 199 - A bit undersized, but for an olb in this system you might get away with that, if he can develop his ball skills. His strength and decent speed are what we'll run with for now. Security in the LB position is always a bonus.

17: :4stars: T Matt White 6'6 330 - Just a huge man. Our staff is really looking forward to developing this guy into a premier lineman, because he has the size to gobble people up. Exactly our style of tackle.

18:
    19:

4. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Illinois: 18 Scholarships available
    Currently: Class ranked #18 in the country

1. #20 QB Dan Battle - 6'3", 221 lbs - Burlington, KY- Scrambler - committed Week 1 - :3stars:
    2. #36 QB Nathan Carter - 6'1", 209 lbs - Machesney Park, IL - Scrambler - committed Week 1 - :3stars:
    3. #35 SS Jonathan Rogers - 6'1", 169 lbs - The Village, OK - Hard Hitter - committed Week 8 - :3stars:
    4. #23 ATH Travis Ruffin - 6'0", 175 lbs - Adamsville, AL - Athlete - committed Week 8 - :3stars:
    5. #77 WR Robert Dickens - 6'2", 177 lbs - Mattoon, IL - Possession - committed Week 8 - :3stars:
    6. #41 WR Chirs Harris - 6'5", 197 lbs - Westwood, MI - Balanced - committed Week 8 - :3stars:
    7. #11 ATH Jonathan Lumpkin - 6'5", 245 lbs - Highview, KY - Athlete - committed Week 8 - :4stars:
    8. #13 CB Brett Ferguson - 6'1", 188 lbs - Waukegan, IL - Hard Hitter - committed Week 8 - :4stars:
    9. #17 WR Greg Fernandez - 6'2", 181 lbs - Niles, IL - Balanced - committed Week 8 - :4stars:
    10. #15 T Dwayne Horne - 6'3", 303 lbs - Hazelwood, MO - Balanced - committed Week 9 - :3stars:
    11. #18 ATH E.J. Phillips - 6'0", 170 lbs - Harvey, IL - Athlete - committed Week 9 - :3stars:
    12. #25 TE Joel Davis - 6'4", 244 lbs - Glen Ellyn, IL - Blocking - committed Week 9 - :3stars:
    13. #20 ATH Kyle Perry - 5'9", 187 lbs - Sturgis, MI - Athlete - committed Week 9 - :3stars:
    14. #23 HB Renaldo James - 6'0", 213 lbs - Martinez, GA - Power - committed Week 10 - :4stars:
    15. #26 HB William Jackson - 5'9", 177 lbs - Willoughby, OH - Power - committed Week 11 - :3stars:
    16. #59 DE Joe Rawls - 6'0", 235 lbs - Sault Ste. Marie, MI - Run Stopper - committed Week 12 - :3stars:
    17. #44 DT Kyle Williams - 6'4", 265 lbs - Bettendorf, IA - Balanced - committed Week 12 - :3stars:
    18. #50 OT Trey Brewer - 6'5", 316 lbs - Peoria, IL - Pass Block - committed Week 14 - :3stars:

5. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Wisconsin - 18 available scholarships

1. C. Holland - G -:3stars: - Instant commit who likes run scheme, add depth. Fires off the line with B+ acceleration. Can also be an asset on passing formations at the G/C position.
    2. D. Cook - T - :4stars:- Run blocker with good RBF (B-) and RBS (B). Will have to hit the weight room early on to build strength up and gain some pounds.
    3. G. Moses - G - :5stars: - Another run blocker (B+) who looks to start coming in right out of high school. He fires off the ball with A acceleration and and B impact blocking.
    4. J. McDuffie - SS - :4stars: - Hard hitting safety who brings the wood with his tackles (B+ power). Can be used as the 8th guy in the box with great pursuit angles and good speed for a safety. Plays in zone well in covering the middle of the field in cover 3.
    5. G. Badlwin - CB - :4stars:- Comes out from Florida so you know he's a speedster. Can lock up on one on one coverage real nice.
    6. L. Holman - HB - :3stars:- The kid has good size at 206 lbs and surprisingly quick feet, with B+ agility along with his B+ speed. Also is very elusive for a bigger guy.
    7. R. Fowlkes - DT - :5stars: - With so much depth on the d-line position, it will be hard for him to find early playing time. But who can pass up on a :5stars: player who tackles anything in sight.
    8. M. Matthews - G - :4stars:- Adds to the already nice class of offensive lineman coming in. Once again, he is a run blocking machine.
    9. N. Cox - FS - :3stars:- Juco jr who should start right away given his speed and man coverage abilities.
    10. J. Turner - T - :3stars:- Another good run blocker with room for improvement in strength.
    11. D. Gaddius - DE - :4stars:- Great speed and fights through blocks to get to the ball carrier.
    12. J. Schneider - WR - :3stars:- Good speed and quickness who goes up and gets the ball.
    13. R. Hutcherson - MLB - [​IMG]- Great acceleration who leads a nice pipeline to Michigan
    14. M. Osborn - QB - [​IMG]- Decent arm and accuracy who adds depth
    15. D. Kaplan - ATH - [​IMG]- Great speed who can tackle and bring the thunder. Looks to play at the LB position.
    16. V. Herron - QB - [​IMG] - Amazing arm who can throw with touch on the deep ball
    17. B. Williams - G - [​IMG]- You guessed it, a run blocker with great strength who jumps off the line.

6. omega41

omega41 Walk On

Iowa - 20 available scholarships

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas

1| SS :4stars:Erik Wade, Good all around, linebacker size and power at the saftey position
    2| QB :5stars:Aaron Cook, Talented, Big arm with some mobility
    3| DE :4stars: Michael James, 280lbs Monster will most likely end up in the interior of the D-Line
    4| C :4stars:Paul Madison, Solid all around, A little bit weak in strength, good speed for OL
    5| QB :4stars:Brian Holman, 6'4" good quickness, not a good arm, accuracy is a weakness
    6| DE :4stars:Drew Garcia, Very good speed off the edge, solid pass rush moves
    7| WR :4stars:Dan Dawson, Average speed on a 6'4" build with good hops
    8| TE :4stars:Chris Byrd, Good straight line speed, cutting may be a problem, good blocker
    9| G :4stars:Clint Kid, 317 with quality blocking and the speed to pull out out to the edge
    10| MLB :4stars:Scott Beverly, 247 LBS pretty good speed, Skill set quality LB or DE
    11| WR:5stars: Adam Butler, Good speed and recieving ability, weak Accel for an elite WR
    12| WR:5stars: Nate Williams, 5'11 speedster with great Accel.
    13| K :3stars: Ben Thomas, He kicks the ball with his foot.

8. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Nebraska - 17 scholarships available
    1 | OLB (#61) - :3stars:- Tyler Jones, 6'2", 233 lbs, St. Louis, MO - Committed Week 1
    2 |
    3 |
    4 |
    5 |
    6 |
    7 |
    8 |
    9 |
    10 |
    11 |
    12 |
    13 |
    14 |
    15 |
    16 |
    17 |

9. Cheez

As opposed to kicking it with his head? haha

10. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I thought it a much needed description of his skill set. :)

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA adds to its impressive recruiting class. I believe I got another 2 to sign last night with the advance. I'll have to update again later. Currently, the Bruins ranked 2nd so far in recruiting, trailing only Texas.

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Me Ben, me kick ball, me kick ball with foot!

13. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

What is this now ucla.... You stay out of louisiana, that goldmine is MINE! ;)

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Those southern boys are tired of the humidity...they want the mild temps the west coast can give them, and all the blondes;)

15. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

We have breaking news to report out of Corvalis, the Oregon State Beavers have signed their first recruit: :3stars:ATH Mark Williams, Lake Serene, WA (I have no idea where Lake Serene is located, and I lived in Washington all my life, except for three years while I lived in Moscow, ID)

16. Cheez

Id be more offended with this one:
    4 | DE (#11) - :4stars:- Josh O'Neil, 6'3", 235 lbs, Paris, TX

I smell a game between you two next season hahaha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_towns_in_Washington

you will not find Lake Serene anywhere on that list. interesting......

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We did that year one...it wasnt pretty!

18. gowazzucougs

19. Cheez

I do have too much time on my hands.

But being out of school, I have more time. And being on steroids (for swelling when i had my wisdom teeth removed), I can't spend that time getting hammered lol.

Although, I know that for my birthday (Jan 16), my sis and a couple of my friends are going to a concert (In This Moment, Sevendust, Korn, and Disturbed), then heading to a bar and getting smashed. Later that night at my place i will have some apple pie with 190 proof everclear as well. So that time will be well spent :D.

20. Jayrah

Texas A&M is up to 9 recruits out of 19, with 3 more recruits (2 :4stars: DE's and 1 :4stars: QB), verbally signing this week. Just have to finish the deal. Doesn't look like we'll fulfill the 19 spots, but we'll have some good quality coming in.

21. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Aggie nation must be mad as the Badgers swoop down all the way to texas and is currently stealing :4stars:G Matthews from A&M with Matthews giving a soft verbal to Wisconsin this week. Gotta love the compare option in recruiting.

22. Jayrah

trying to swoop him back. Don't count the chickens just yet

23. Cheez

Illinois was able to sign 4 more guys in week 9, including 2 more pure athletes.

24. Jayrah

Now you can count em. Doggone it!

TAMU has officially signed the 3 recruits previously mentioned and has updated the board with them.

25. gowazzucougs

The Beavers must be feeling good, the Beavers have signed ATH Tyrone Washington :3stars: