2012 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Cheez, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

You know the drill. Talk up your incoming 1 star until everyone thinks you hit a diamond in the rough.

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Im liking my possible class this year

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Northwestern's :4stars: recruits last season did NOT come in with the ratings we expected. In fact, our "best" rated recruit came in at a very disappointing 62. The recruit from the same position at HB 4 spots down came in at 68 and we had a couple :3stars: recruits come in at 69, even though they were 300-500 spots down the list overall.

So..... hopefully we get some great :3stars: talent this season because we are simply lacking any high profile recruits looking at us, and the talent from last season sees tremendous growth over the next couple seasons. Of course we'll keep you updated here on the progress of the class.

4. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Dude...... you gotta kind of ignore the star ratings and look at the skill grades

5. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

28 scholarships are available. The limit is 25. I'll be lucky to get 20

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Instant Commit for the Hosiers as they take a hometown boy away from Notre Dame.

:3stars:G(54) Spencer Ramsey out of South Bend, Indiana. Spencer's a big boy, 6' 4", 301 lbs. He's green but has good acceleration for a big man and decent blocking skills...needs to improve on his Run Block Footwork (D+) as he seems to trip over himself when's the pulling guard in run plays!

7. Jayrah

I do. Unfortunately didn't have much to work with since I had so many to sign and couldn't really put too much focus on any group of players.

This year isn't that much different in what I have to work with but I can be a bit choosier. Not much, but a bit. My :4stars: options have already signed somewhere else so finding the best guys possible is going to be key this season. Really looking to fill some depth issues and get some future contributors this year as opposed to players for next season.

8. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Purdue's off to a good start in recruiting, and has signed the first two players in their 2012 Class:

:3stars: SS Brendan Jones - Brendan is a hard hitting safety with good coverage skills. While he does not have great speed, he has outstanding acceleration. Though Strong Safety is not a position of need for the Boilermakers, we were happy to offer him and build depth at the position.

:2stars: P Trey Moore - Trey has good power, but will need to work on his accuracy. Again, while not a position of need, Trey will be able to sit a few years as he works on his accuracy and increases his leg strength.

9. Jayrah

I've reeled in 2. I'll get the details of the commits tomorrow.

10. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Purdue adds another:

:3stars: FS George Key - George has good athleticism, above average cover skills and can tackle. He will likely be a starter after a couple years in the system.

11. MexiRican35

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck. 3 of my top 4 guys all signed somewhere else, while the 4th soft commit to Mizzou. And I have yet to sign someone. With 28 open spots, this is gonna suck.

12. Wyrmreaver

Signed a bunch of guys..... including a QB who will allow me to run some option :D

13. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Few more for Purdue:

:2stars: CB Ryan Bonner - Ryan has great athleticism (B+/B+/B) and is comfortable both in Zone and Man coverage (B-/B-). Due to the lack of depth at the position, Ryan will likely see the field from day one.
    :3stars: OLB Colton Miranda - Colton finally committed to the Boilermakers after an intense battle with the hometown Illini Cheez. When asked why he chose the Boilermakers, he stated that seeing Purdue defeat Illinois in Champaign was the deciding factor. Colton is an solid athlete with a high motor and good hitting ability.
    :1stars: FB Justin Wood - Justin is a much needed pickup at the position and is especially adept at run blocking and catching the ball out of the backfield; he will fit seamlessly into the Boilermaker offense.

14. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Yeah, and you took a MLB that I was really hoping to pick up. Will he even see the field for you? :p

15. Wyrmreaver

....... probably not, barring injury :oops:

16. Cheez

:(

17. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I was able to land a MLB this week as the TCU Horned Frogs will be going to a 3-4 and are getting some athletic LB's to work with it. I'll provide more in depth analysis on them in the coming hours as well as updating my recruiting board.

18. MexiRican35

Board is updated. We got the highly sought after :4stars:HB Paris. He comes in with A- SPD, B ACC, and C+ ELU. He looks to play as a freshman. Adding depth at positions is DT Long (B- STR), MLB Paris O'Neil (B SPD, C+ PUR), and CB Harvey (B+ SPD and AGI). Two guys coming in with the name Paris. Looks like were gonna be called Le Wildcats next season.

19. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Minnesota has some news, you guys probably thought I was slacking. Well I may be, but the Golden Gophers finally have signed their first recruit. More information to come when I have a chance.

20. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Oklahoma State has 9 signings:
    :2stars:P Chad Heinz- He's got C+ kick power. Oh, and yeah he's 6'3" with A- speed, A- acceleration, and B+ agility. Let's see what this guy can do when he's not kicking.
    :4stars: WR Patrick Patterson- At 6'4" he's got B speed, A acceleration, B+ route running and A- jumping. He'll be looked to in goal line fade situations often.
    :4stars:SS George Adams- He plays safety and is 6'7". He has decent skills but his size attracted OSU.
    :4stars:G Chris Miller- Good pass blocker who will be in the line in 2-3 years.
    :4stars:G Stephen Edwards- He's a run blocker, but OSU thought he was good enough of a pass blocker to come play here.
    :4stars:OLB Paul Holland- A little undersized at 6'0" 225 but he has B speed and A+ acceleration meaning he may be able to play defensive back if his coverage ratings improve.
    :4stars:DE Dan Thurman- A good, strong, pass rusher he possesses decent speed also.
    :4stars:ATH Jeff Lewis- He's an A- speed and will definitely be playing WR.

21. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I wish they had pooch punts for this guy Chad Heinz. It would be awesome if he could throw, tackle, or catch, but I'll assume all he can do is run and kick.

22. Cheez

I wish i had 9 signings :(

23. Wyrmreaver

I have 11...... my board is updated ;)

24. Jayrah

For all intensive purposes, I have 15 that either have or will. Board will be updated tomorrow

25. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Board is up to date reflecting most recent signings and what our thoughts are on it.