2012 Recruiting Recap

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, Nov 9, 2010.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Talk about your class here.

Best Player:

Biggest Disappointment:

Overall Grade:

---------------------------------------------------

Best Player: QB Ashton Sykes (JUCO JR) 86 overall 90 THP 87 THA
    He is probably going to redshirt this season but if Bolden struggles he may be the guy Penn State turns to.

Biggest Disappointment: CB Kelvin Anderson 74 overall
    Expected more from the #4 CB in this year's class. He has a lot of mediocre company at CB, other players in this class are 73, 72, 72, 69.

Overall Grade: B-
    My 3 best players in this class are from junior college ranks, Sykes, WR Johnathon Gray (SO, 83 OVR) and DT Chris Bryant (JR, 82). This was a deep class with 20 signings but there wasn't any superstars in this group. The cornerback class was especially disappointing. With 5 signings I expected at least 1 to start as a true freshman. The whole group likely ends up redshirting unless the starting corp gets decimated by injuries.

2. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

I was quite happy with my class. We needed to sign 21 players and we were able to fill each one. 13 of the 21 came in ranked 80 or higher. This was aided my a number of JUCO that we signed late in the year. We ended up redshirting 15 of the 16 true freshman CB Jason Brown was the only one who did not receive the designation.

Best Player: JUCO MLB Justin Gibson. Justin came ranked as an 85 overall. I have yet to decide if he will see starting time at OLB. He only has 79 speed and that worries me a little. His is a sure tackler with 91 tackle.

Biggest disappointment: Both of my :4stars: CB. Chris Graves and Brian Fuller both come in ranked at 75 overall. CB was a big position of need and we were hoping to get a freshman to start, but it didnt happen. They both get a redshirt and we are hoping for some vast improvements for next season.

Overall: The impact of this class will not be felt for a couple of years. The incoming JUCO players should fill in while the younger kids develop. The pair of :5stars: guards should shore up the running game for the next few years.

3. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Overall, this class was pretty disappointing. But, the news gets worse as a bunch of these guys are going to see significant playing time. The Georgia defense is going to struggle this season, but look out in 2015.

:4stars: DE Darryl Holley came in as the biggest surprise. He is ranked 78 overall, with 80 speed and 80 strength. He will redshirt this season.

The biggest disappointment is :4stars: HB Joe Wade, who came in with only 81 speed and 74 strength. Also, :4stars: WR Elliot Smith came in ranked 70 ovr with 80 spd.

Juco Jr WR Perry Robinson, ranked as the #167 WR, came in at 70 overall, with 91 speed and may see some playing time as the #4 receiver.

The linebacking corps is going to be young. Freshmen :4stars: MLB Matt Butler 75 ovr 83 spd 79 str 88 acc and :3stars: OLB Matt Walker 75 ovr 83 spd 80 str 85 acc will start for the Bulldogs. :3stars: Fr OLB Matt Holt 75 ovr 84 str 87 acc will see significant playing time. The Matts are going to be fixtures in the Georgia defense for many seasons to come.

:3stars: P Ira Washington will handle both the punting and kicking duties once SEC play starts.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

I am disappointed with my whole class. 5 star DT only came in at 78 overall and the rest of my players averaged 67 overall.

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Best Player: :4stars: DE Pat Patterson (78 ovr) He's a flat out stud as a freshman. 74 speed, 78 Accel, 80 strength, 88 power move, 86 finesse move, 84 block shedding, 88 play recognition, 91 pursuit, 72 tackle, 75 hit power. He will redshirt most likely though with my depth at the position and the fact that he is only 6'0 218 lbs.

Biggest Letdown: That I didn't sign a kicker. I don't think any of the people I signed came in unexpectedly higher or lower than I thought they would. Unfortunately I have to settle for a walk on kicker with a noodle leg.

Overall Grade: B+. I filled all needs except kicker, and the class looks like its going to be a really good one after a year or two of progression. My only complaint is the lack of a big time recruit that will make an impact right away. Watch out for QB Justin Huffman in the future, he might be the steal of the offseason with his great dual-threat ability. He will have to wait his turn though behind sophomore Nick Richardson.

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Does anybody have a kicker over 60? lol There are never any kickers and they always sign with the CPU. It's BS.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

My kicker turned punter is like a 72 overall I think. I had a freshman kicker from last season that is like a low 80 now, I think.

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

:5stars: QB Greg Fields came in at 80 overall. 88 THP 81 THA 87 Speed 80 Brck Takle 95 Elusiveness. He will redshirt.

:5stars: DT Carl Prater came in at 82 Overall and will be starting.

:4stars:FS Rick Washington came in at 81 Overall, 98 speed, 72 catch, 93 accel, 92 hit power, 85 tackle... Absolute monster and will be starting at SS as a true freshman.

My :3stars:FB also came in at 80 overall and will redshirt, nice find there.

My :5stars: TE came in at 81 overall and will redshirt. I have a RS JR TE on my roster named Xavier Grimble who is 6'6 256 with 93 speed, he is a monster and I do not know here he came from but will be starting this season and should be a huge target with the hit our WR corps took.

9. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

My incoming Freshman kicker is rated 81.