2012 Recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Jan 20, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2012 Recruiting

Post/brag about your signees here.

I see some of you guys nabbed a couple of the top 100 guys. I better see you posting something about them in here or else.....

:sheep:

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Welcome to Tennessee Coach Colemanchu!

The Georgia Bulldogs go deep into the heart of Tennessee and find themselves a gem in tackle Dan Williams. Williams is rated at #3 for his position and #22 overall, and will compete day one for a job on the line with the two powerful freshman that we already have. His skills are as follows:C- SPD, C- AWR, B PB, B-RB, B IBL, C+ STR. Auburn and Tennesse both offered Williams a scholarship in week 1.
    Bad new for Georgia is that they lost out on two top talents in week one as Florida St was able to use an in that Colemanchus staff had set up to snag a top DE in King, and Nebraska got a signing from a fierce SS prospect Woods.

3. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

78(4)QB Kevin Adams 6'4" 215 lbs.- A great thrower already and adds depth to a shaky position outside of Shepard, but slower than LSU QB's.

140(8)FS Napoleon James 6'1" 173 lbs.- An easy sign adds depth to a younger position.

221(10)ATH Matthew Crooks 6'2" 198 lbs.- Probably shakes out to be a WR or RB, these athletes can surprise you.

4. GoGators

Tennessee landed a huge commitment in week 2. I'll let him give the details.

5. GoGators

Column 1
    OLB Lee 4 star 11 6'4 220 B spd B- tkl C prc C bsd

Gators sign #11 OLB Seth Lee out of Brenham, Texas. This 4 star athlete is 6'4" 220 lbs. He runs a solid 4.5 forty and is a really great prospect out of high school. His size could give him the option of moving inside or even to DE. Very versatile kid that we're glad to have. It's always a big win when you steal a kid out from Texas. Coach KSherm just knew how to close the deal on this one.

6. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

Big, Early Commitment For the Vols

The Volunteers and Coach CHEESEDIP received big news early this morning. Eric Young has decided to become a Vol.

Eric Young was the #1 WR for recruiting this year and #19 best overall. He has an amazing build, 6'5" 196 LBS. A- in speed, B- in catching. We will be very excited to have this young man next year and he might even get some playing time next year due to the seniors in our receiving core.

7. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Alabama gets its first commit!

The Tide signed the #3 overall player in this years recruiting class.

#1 CB Mike Lester 5'11 195 Clinton OK *****
    Speed 4..40
    Man Cov B+
    Press C+
    Acc B
    It looks like we have our future shut down corner in Lester.

8. GoGators

I don't think a shutdown corner exists in this game. Last night against Beazus he won because of it. On 4th and 4 in OT he connects with his WR for a 17 yard TD when he was being man covered by my 99 overall, 99 man cover corner. Kind of shitty really, dude shouldn't of caught a ball all game against him.

9. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Good point. I'd still rather have some talent and hope for the best.

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Brandon Boone
    :4stars: #9 OLB
    6'1'' 239lbs
    C+ Speed
    B Tackle
    C+ Block Shedding, Strength
    B- Pursuit, Hit Power, Agility

11. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I need to figure this recruiting thing out. I don't know how you guys get recruits to sign so early. I mean I know the girls from Blacksburg aren't the most glamorous....maybe I need a new angle.

12. GoGators

Hahaha, Blacksburg girls, that's funny!

I had an interesting thing happen this week in recruiting. For the first time, I offered a scholarship to a guy last week, then when I called him this week I pitched trying to unlock something. It turned out it was his last of the 3 key pitches (Most, 2 VH's). When the pitch unlocked, the guy immediately committed. I didn't expect it but it was awesome!

13. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

With as bad as my recruiting has been, things should get turned around this year. I have some 5* kids interested and I only have 8 guys to sign so I'm able to spend copious amounts of time on the phone with these guys.

I had a flash signing this week too on a nice 5* kid. I'll fill you guys in on him after this week (just in case someone is going to waste their time talking to a kid I've already signed, I'm not going to tell you who).

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah you always want to talk to the guys that have you number 1, even if its only ten minutes. If you didnt get the diamond thing, the padlock, or X2 then someone will sign, guaranteed. I always check for the diamond and if there is none then I spend ten minutes talking to my lower rated guys who have me #1 and then my good #1 guys.

15. jello1717

UNC Inks Some Big Names

Following a thrashing of rival NC State in front of many potential recruits, UNC has gotten 3 future studs to sign with them. With only 5 more scholarships available, coach Jello is confident that he'll be able to sign all of the guys that he wants without having to rely on any plan Bs. Allow me to introduce some of our future Tar Heels.

Jon Jude
    Jude hails from Johnstown, PA and is rated as the #2 MLB in the country and the #14 overall recruit. UNC has out recruited Florida to sign this gem. Coach Jello has also put a lot of phone time in with the #1 MLB in the country, but he was just a plan B and he never offered him a scholarship as he preferred Jude for 1 main reason. Jude is the fastest MLB in the country and is even faster than all but 5 OLBs. This 4.52 speed is packed onto a 6'2, 241lb frame and there is no doubt that Jude will be the heir to Quan Sturdivant that graduated from the Heels a couple of seasons ago. In addition to his speed he is an excellent tackler and has phenomenal pursuit.

Ben Brown
    Brown is another future beast, and was signed away from LSU, Maryland, and Notre Dame. He is the #2 rated DE in the land and is ranked #16 overall. He has decent speed and size and is also a great tackler and has terrific pursuit. While Jude won't start as a FR because of a decent RS FR who is starting for the Heels this year, Brown will come in and start immediately.

Wallace Russell
    Russell rounds out the trifecta of #2 rated players as he is the #2 HB in the recruiting pool. Despite his tremendous talent, he will likely redshirt his first year behind current starter Dallas Kirk (UNC's first 5* signing under coach Jello). Stone has terrific speed and is decent at breaking tackles. He is very agile and has great acceleration. He will make an excellent replacement for Kirk when he leaves.

16. GoGators

How the hell did you ink Jude??? I was out in front on him and had a visit scheduled for this week.

That sucks balls!

(thankfully, I don't think I needed a MLB that bad. That guy was a beast though. Either way, he won't matter because he won't be able to track down the HB I'll be signing this week, I hope.)

17. jello1717

He told me all along that he wanted to play in a real conference.

18. GoGators

Hahahaha, I think the key word you left out goes in the middle of that phrase and equals "shitty" hahaha.

From what I'm hearing from my assistant coaches who recruited him, he just didn't want to compete every day in practice. He wanted the starting job to be handed to him and he didn't want to work for it.

Either way, I'm sure Beazus will be really happy to see this guy over the next 4 years.

19. jello1717

I think your assistants are just trying to save face for not being able to seal the deal. I know what they told him isn't true since I've told Jude all along the following:

20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Man I hate that stupid purple diamond. I got it this week on the number 1 guy in the country and he's a god damn kicker, and not even the best one in the class.

21. GoGators

That's funny because the UGA guy last year signed the #1 kicker.

22. jello1717

Why would you hate it? The only thing it's good for is letting you know that if you put that guy (who currently doesn't have you in his top 10) onto your target list, you'll instantly move into his top 10. The diamond couldn't possibly be a bad thing. It's either "hey I wanted that guy and now he's interested in me and I can go after him" or "that crappy guy that I don't want is now interested in me. Big whoop. He can join the other 100 guys that have me in their top 10 that aren't on my target list."

23. KnightNoles

guy I signed back in week 1 I believe

Brandon Boone
    6'1'' 239lbs
    :4stars: #9 OLB
    C+ Speed, Block Shedding
    B Tackle
    C Coverages
    B- Hit Power

24. KnightNoles

The Tigers second commitment on the year

William Jackson
    6'4'' 270lbs
    :4stars: #5 DT
    Notes:
    William shows good strength (B) in the interior and a good power move (B). He does an excellent job of getting rid of the defender (block shedding B) and can lay a lick (Hit power B-). He will have to improve his agility (D) and Finesse move (C) and secure the tackle (C) better and his awareness on the field (D-). Another issue is his weight he will need to put on some as 270 is a little light for a DT. If he was a tad bit better in those categories he would be a :5stars: player. Auburn gets a solid prospect as one of two teams to offer the young man a scholarship the other Missouri.

25. GoGators

Nice sign Noles. That dude looks like he'll be pretty good. I wonder how much the weight actually comes into play in this game?