2012 Roster Project Information

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by RynoAid, Feb 20, 2011.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

For NCAA 2012 we are going to be doing our own Tradition Football NCAA Roster Project. It will be a collaboration of all of us putting our in depth knowledge of our own teams to use to benefit everyone.

Don't worry about the logistics of getting them done in the game... let me worry about that part. Let's just start defining what each team is going to look like from a position depth chart point of view.

I encourage you to take part in the process and help us get the most THOROUGH, ACCURATE and UP TO DATE rosters out there for NCAA.

Let's do this the Tradition way.

2. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I have tennessee covered. All tho if a couple other vols wanna collaborate that would be awesome!

3. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I will do Georgia's if that's ok.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

it's going to be community based... no one person will be "assigned" a team... instead, you will work with other fans of the team in that thread to give us the most accurate depth chart to start the season.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    We aren't dickering over ratings, right?

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

not for the initial launch rosters... we are just renaming the default and getting the depth chart, demographics, height and weight right.

7. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Ya i figured thats what you meant. I already posted up Georgia's thread and already someone has posted wanting to help.

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Thank god you guys are doing one, Operation Sports is always a cluster**** over who is doing what with what team and which google document to use and who has it.. bleh

/rant

I'll be poking around the Nebraska, Minnesota, and Iowa threads to contribute.

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

There really isn't a need to talk about the depth chart etc. right? basically list players and their numbers or what? Since we aren't doing ratings changes and such we shouldn't have to worry about depth charts and the like correct?

10. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

I think the bigger concern is we only have about 8 teams covered...

Hopefully more people come on board when the release gets closer. The more we get done now the easier/faster it will be to complete.

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Well if we only need numbers, which is what I see right now as all that is needed ( we can do ratings edits later) then we could fly through teams just putting down positions and numbers so whoever puts the names in doesnt have to google everything.

If all we're doing is numbers then we don't need these detailed depth-chart driven pages that are team previews. I would like for @RynoAid to chime in here when he gets the chance and give his 2 cents.

12. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

once each teams prospectus is released and if NCAA 12 is going to have the team builder, it will make the process a lot smoother and easier.

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Well every team that has a new depth chart on rivals is posted as of 4/9/11! took a while haha

14. Koach Vonner

Koach Vonner Walk On

I'll help out with the University of Texas Thread. I have a lot of knowledge of those guys. In communication with a few of their players and coaches. LOL!!

15. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

any ideas on how this is going to get done yet?

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

From my past experiences, we really need to hope EA releases the Teambuilder rosters to give us ample time to see what the rosters look like coming out of the box-- then we just match the people on the out of box roster to their names!

@RedAL925

17. H0TT NIKKELs

H0TT NIKKELs Walk On

where are the independents going because i follow service academy football and i have the depth charts

18. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

just create a thread, I have one right under this one for ND

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

When should we expect ths to pick up? I mean all we need is numbers for the names. all te depth charts are unnecessary right?

20. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Well yes and no. Chances are that EA doesn't have enough info to get the depth charts right. Also with transfers and other unfortunate reasons (Aaron Douglas death, Brandon Wimberly being shot) some players will be on the roster that shouldn't be and a lot will be starters.

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I wasn't sure if we were doing "adjustments", but if we are then I see exactly what you're saying. My understanding was we were simply naming them is all though.

22. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Once the team builder site goes up it will be a lot easier to determine how the rosters are going to look. We are probably going to need a good 3-5 guys putting in a lot of work getting these templates done.

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

But are we adjusting the depth charts etc?

@RynoAid

24. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

EA puts FR on the squads that won't be on the dept charts or the rosters because they have not enrolled yet. Using the TB allows you to match up the FR that don't match anyone on the roster. At that point you have to use rivals.com and the Phil Steele magazine to match them up using their height and weight.

Its not an exact science but the team builder is the best way to plan for doing a roster file. Its a shame that the TB site for '12 won't be out until a week before the game comes out, that only makes this a lot harder and a lot longer to do.

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I know all of this bud, I am still just simply wondering if we are going deeper then just naming the rosters for the TF dynasties to use. It would appear we are.