2012(S1)- Week 14

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by sonn, Aug 6, 2012.

1. sonn

sonn Walk On

Welcome to Week 14!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #8 USC Trojans (9-2) ===============
    Last week, USC won 45-28 against UCLA (5-5).
    This week, the Trojans will host #20 Notre Dame (8-3).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RG Shannon Roberts has committed to South Carolina
    - (****) WR T.J. Pleasant has committed to Stanford

=============== #16 Illinois Fighting Illini (9-2) ===============
    Last week the Fighting Illini were idle.
    This week, the Fighting Illini will host Northwestern (5-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Jamaal Wood has committed to Illinois

=============== #12 Missouri Tigers (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Missouri won 38-35 against Auburn (6-4).
    This week, the Tigers travel to College Station to face the Texas A&M Aggies (5-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Missouri targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Vinnie Meeks has committed to Missouri

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (5-6) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 34-31 against Kentucky (5-6).
    This week, the Aggies will host #12 Missouri (8-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Jared Hines has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #13 Oregon Ducks (9-2) ===============
    Last week, Oregon lost 31-28 against Stanford (8-3).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Corvallis to face the Oregon State Beavers (6-5).

=============== Wisconsin Badgers (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin lost 31-0 against Ohio State (10-1).
    This week, the Badgers travel to University Park to face the Penn State Nittany Lions (6-5).

=============== #23 Stanford Cardinal (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Stanford won 31-28 against Oregon (9-2).
    This week, the Cardinal travel to Pasadena to face the UCLA Bruins (5-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Stanford targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR T.J. Pleasant has committed to Stanford

=============== #15 Arkansas Razorbacks (9-2) ===============
    Last week the Razorbacks were idle.
    This week, the Razorbacks travel to Baton Rouge to face the #14 LSU Tigers (9-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Nate Pleasant has committed to Arkansas
    - (****) HB Jason Ralph has committed to Arkansas
    - (****) HB Chris Ford has committed to Clemson

=============== #5 Ohio State Buckeyes (10-1) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 31-0 against Wisconsin (7-4).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host #3 Michigan (11-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) LG Kyler Wright has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) HB Julian Massey has committed to Ohio State
    - (***) CB Jordy Brant has committed to Ohio State

=============== Cal Golden Bears (7-5) ===============
    Last week, Cal won 56-44 against Oregon State (6-5).
    This week, the Golden Bears are idle.

=============== South Carolina Gamecocks (6-5) ===============
    Last week the Gamecocks were idle.
    This week, the Gamecocks travel to Clemson to face the Clemson Tigers (5-6).
    In recruiting news, the following South Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RG Shannon Roberts has committed to South Carolina

=============== #3 Michigan Wolverines (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 38-8 against Iowa (8-4).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Columbus to face the #5 Ohio State Buckeyes (10-1).

• Like Like x 1
  2. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

#2 Utah wins, #1 Georgia Tech loses 27-24 to Georgia

3. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Uh oh big game against Utah in the Championship game. I'll try my best, unless somebody pays me to lose.

4. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

how much do u want

5. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I'll match it.

After that Oregon State game I don't think he should be looking past UCLA.

and I am taking on Clemson this week.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  6. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Well the big match up is finally here, all the smack talk & build up will be settled on the field. These two coaches have never faced off against each other & the two first year coaches haven't let the rivalry die. The Buckeyes head coach Screwthebcs hasn't been short of letting the public know of his displeasure with how the Wolverines run their offense with QB Denard Robinson. Funny enough, the Badger's head coach TEClemson found it funny about the smack talk & use of Robinson's legs but last week's matchup with Buckeye QB Braxton Miller, his legs were used in the same fashion. Miller might not run the ball as much and that's purely on the play callers, but these two squads are eerily similar. This game already has enough pressure due to the #2 and #5 rankings for both squads. The only slip up this season from either team was for the Buckeyes who surprisingly took a 24-10 beating from the Texas A&M Aggies. ​
    If they could erase that, we would be seeing in a somewhat National Championship type atmosphere. The home field advantage could be big for the Buckeyes but it will solely lean on the Ohio State defense, how will they stop Denard Robinson? Nobody has done it all year, the closest team was probably Minnesota who held Robinson under 100 yards rushing and even forced a few turnovers from the quarterback but sadly for the Gophers, there offense couldn't help them.​
    Oh yeah, we have other teams in this dynasty, Missouri keeps climbing the polls. They jumped to the 12th spot this week after they slid by Auburn 38-35 last week. Arkansas had the week off in preparation for rival LSU this week. LSU has dropped 3 in a row after dominating the #1 spot all season and it hasn't been close games. Alabama dominated the Tigers 37-7 and last week Ole Miss won 31-10. Elsewhere in the SEC, Texas A&M snuck by Kentucky 34-31 and will need to snag a victory over Missouri to become bowl eligible. South Carolina had the week off in preparation for Clemson who's been an up and down squad this season. These Tigers have dropped games to unexpected Maryland & Duke while they've gotten wins over ranked Virginia Tech & NC State. Clemson needs a victory over the Gamecocks to become bowl eligible which puts more incentive on the rivalry & coach SuperBowlNachos would love to end the season early his up-state rival. ​
    In the Pac-12, Stanford upset Oregon..... yep, it happened. It was bound to happen these last few weeks, Oregon beat USC on a once in a million play, they found themselves fighting with Cal for a half & finally Stanford took advantage of the Ducks and held on to win 31-28. Big big win for the Cardinal after the roller coaster season. The Trojans knocked off UCLA, what's new ? When is the last time the Bruins actually beat the Trojans because I sure as hell can't remember. They'll face Notre Dame this week who's given some of our user teams fits this season. Cal continues to ride Keenan Allen to victories and last week's game was insane. After the NCAA investigated the use of WR Allen last week, QB Zach Maynard made his return & while he utilized the star WR, he found a new weapon with redshirt freshman WR Maurice Harris. The Bears defense gave up over 250 rushing yards to Oregon State back Malcolm Agnew and found themselves in a 42-34 shootout at halftime. Cal pulled away in the 2nd half and ended there season with a 56-44 victory & will await to find out there bowl opponent.​
    In B1G cheese, Illinois was off last week, Michigan whipped Iowa 38-8 and Ohio State put a shellacking on the Badgers in Madison 31-0. Ohio State will need to dominate upfront & in the trenches like they did a week ago and disrupt Denard Robinson as much as possible. The slippery QB can sometimes look like he has no where to go and poof, hes running for a touchdown all by himself. He's very quick & elusive and the Buckeye defense will need to contain the QB...not stop the QB, just contain him. For Michigan, they'll need to do the same however I believe the Buckeyes have more weapons in the receiving group. If Braxton doesn't get any running room, he has the chance to beat you with his arm & TE Jake Stoneburner has been the man leading the show in that area. How will these two coaches start out in the rivalry & will anything brew up for seasons to come? Keep in mind anything that may happen this week may carry over into the B1G Championship. ​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    QB Denard Robinson: 1,967 Yards, 13 TD, 10 INT​
    1,442 Rushing Yards, 25 TD​
    WR Jeremy Gallon: 52 Rec, 744 Yards, 4 TD​
    MLB Kenny Demens: 42 Tackles, 21 TFL, 8 Sack, FF​
    LE Craig Roh: 19 Tackles, 16 TFL, 13 Sack, FF​
    [​IMG]
    QB Braxton Miller: 2,822 Yards, 36 TD, 10 INT​
    664 Yards, 8 TD​
    HB Carlos Hyde: 601 Yards, 4 TD​
    TE Jake Stoneburner: 43 Rec, 747 Yards, 12 TD​
    OLB Etienne Sabino: 53 Tackles, 24 TFL, 11 Sack, 3 INT, 2 FF​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] QB Zach Maynard: 24/34, 350 Yards, 5 TD, INT​
    [​IMG] WR TJ Moe: 8 Rec, 168 Yards, 2 TD​
    [​IMG] QB Braxton Miller: 8/9, 191 Yards, 2 TD (5 Att, 79 Yards, 2 TD)​
    [​IMG] WR Ryan Swope: 8 Rec, 127 Yards, 2 TD​
    [​IMG] WR Keenan Allen: 12 Rec, 188 Yards, 2 TD​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Tiger Stadium​
    Baton Rouge, LA​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Kyle Field​
    College Station, TX​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Memorial Stadium​
    Clemson, SC​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    The Coliseum​
    Los Angeles, CA​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Reser Stadium​
    Corvallis, OR​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Rose Bowl​
    Pasadena, CA​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Beaver Stadium​
    University Park, PA​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Memorial Stadium​
    Champaign, IL​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Ohio Stadium​
    Columbus, OH​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 35 - 21 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 24 - 21 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 14 - 31 [​IMG]
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 34 - 31 [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  7. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Rape Still An Issue In Happy Valley
    [​IMG]

University Park, PA -- After a dismantling from the Buckeyes last week, the Badgers looked to end the regular season on a high note. The Nittany Lions opened up the game and quickly rode Silas Redd into Wisconsin territory before stalling out just inside the Badger 35 yard line and came up empty when kicker Anthony Fera came up just a few yards short. For Wisconsin, there first drive was a disaster as Ball didn't get far on first down and QB Danny O'Brien was sacked on 2nd & 3rd down. Penn State went a quick 3 and out after two dropped interceptions from the Wisconsin secondary and once again the offense took the field, this time they struck for points. O'Brien converted a 3rd & 10 to WR Jared Abbrederis on the next play it was Abbrederis once again. this time to walk-on WR caught the 59 yard bomb to put Wisconsin up early 7-0. The two squads traded a pair of possessions into the second quarter before O'Brien and Abbrederis hooked up once again deep middle to move to the Penn State 25 yard line early in the quarter. A few plays later O'Brien found receiver Jeff Duckworth at the 5 and Duckworth went in for the score to give Wisconsin a 14-0 lead. The two teams again went back and forth and then the Nittany Lions took over with 2:00 minutes before half. QB Paul Jones led Penn State down the field rather quickly. A 3rd & 5 screen went to HB Silas Redd and Redd broke out of the trackle from star linebacker Chris Borland and gave Penn State a fresh set of downs inside the 5. The drive was capped off with a Silas Redd 2 yard score on 3rd & goal to trail 14-7. Wisconsin had 38 seconds on the clock and they weren't settling. O'Brien hooked up with Abbrederis on first down that was good for 10 yards to their own 35. O'Brien was sacked on the next play and Wisconsin used 1 of their 3 timeouts. Abbrederis caught a curl for 15 yards to move to midfield, WR Jeff Duckworth snagged another reception for 10 yards to move to the 40 and with 10 seconds remaining, O'Brien chucked one deep and again it was Abbrederis who got behind the defense for the 44 yard score to take a 21-7 halftime lead.

A mix of run & pass moved Wisconsin down the field to start the 3rd quarter and a delayed handoff to Montee Ball went for another Badger touchdown. Ball went untouched for the 27 yard score as Wisconsin stretched things out 28-7. The Wisconsin offense was again too much on the next drive as O'Brien rolled right down the field with ease once again but a 3rd down sack inside the Penn State 5 yard line setup Wisconsin for the short field goal that kicker Kyle French booted through to go up 31-7. Late in the 3rd, Penn State tacked on a Anthony Fera 46 yard field goal to trail 31-10 going into the final quarter. Wisconsin marched down the field yet again but for the 2nd straight redzone trip, a sack set them back and Kyle French booted through another field goal, 34-10 Wisconsin with 4:30 remaining in the game. With 3:30 remaining and on 3rd down, Paul Jones was finally picked by CB Devin Smith. The Badger defense must've dropped 4-5 interceptions and a few that would've gone for a score but it was nice to see Smith haul in one for the defense. The Badger offensive line and a mix of Ball & James White destroyed the Penn State defense. A James White 31 yard run down the left sideline moved Wisconsin inside the PSU 35 and a few plays later it was Ball once again with the touchdown run, this time from 30 yards out to give us what would be the final 41-10. Wisconsin ends the season on a high note with a road victory, something that troubled them all season. The Badgers will await their bowl opponent in a few weeks.​
    Player Stats
    [​IMG]
    QB Danny O'Brien: 20/25, 370 Yards, 3 TD​
    HB Montee Ball: 25 Att, 156 Yards, 2 TD​
    WR Jared Abbrederis: 10 Rec, 252 Yards, 2 TD​
    SS Shelton Johnson: 4 Tackles, 2 Sacks​
    [​IMG]
    QB Paul Jones: 17/29, 201 Yards, INT​
    HB Silas Redd: 15 Att, 108 Yards, TD​
    WR Allen Robinson: 4 Rec, 79 Yards​
    DT DaQuan Jones: 5 Tackles, 3 Sacks (as a team Penn State had 8 sacks, holy shit!)​
    Highlights
    Replay Link

• Like Like x 1
  8. JohnnyClutch

Nice write ups. No love for Taylor on player of the week, sonn will vouch for him.

Also I'll take however much money it is before the NCAA leader will issue sanctions. ;)

9. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I'll match as well

10. NDCOLTS1979

Will play my game late tonight

11. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

You are far too kind in picking me to only lose by three to mizzou. This a&m team is simply awful.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

My Internet went out in the middle f my game, but it's still letting me play. What do I do?

13. JohnnyClutch

Hit the XBOX button and try reconnecting to internet/sign in.

14. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Froze at halftime. Will have to play it tomorrow now.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  15. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Yeah, that's happened to me just on Sunday.. Keep playing and reconnect and you'll be fine.

16. AJ Hart MN

:eek:

17. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

man I had Taylor on my list & I don't know how I left him off or forgot about him. wtf

18. JohnnyClutch

No problem, just messing with you. He had another big week this week and stepped up in OT.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

AJ Hart MN

since you're the commish, what's the plan for the off-season ? We'll advance to week 15 tonight, I'm guessing we're going to do a 24 hour advance to let people recruit in Week 15 or less time then that ? Conference Championships Thursday & Friday ? Bowl's over the weekend ? , are we shooting for like a week night ?

Does PAgamer07 want any of us to grab screenshots of stats for the archive?

I have no idea when he's going to be back.

20. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I vote for Sunday night.

• Like Like x 1
  21. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

Sunday night sounds good to me also.

22. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

agree.

23. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Missouri clinches spot in SEC title game with a 24-21 comeback win over A&M

It took everything the Tigers had, but they escaped from College Station with a hardfought 24-21 (really, did Trey have a crystal ball) victory. This one started out really well for the Aggies, as they were able to force a quick 3 and out from Missouri on the game's opening possession and took the ball in good field position. Ben Malena was generally unstoppable on the day, and it started out well for him with over 40 yards and the 17 yard TD for A&M to start the game out 7-0. After another Mizzou punt, A&M would make their first mistake of the day. Jameill Showers would try to throw a bomb, but a DB was right there waiting for it and would pick it off to give Missouri the ball in good field position. After a few passes that were very fortunate to find Mizzou wideouts hands, Missouri would come out and settle for a 30 yard kick to make it 7-3. Unfortunately, the defense fell asleep for the Tigers, because on A&Ms very next play, Ryan Swope ran uncovered right down the middle of the field for 75 yards to make it 14-3 just 10 seconds after the Missouri FG.

The 2nd quarter looked to be more of the same from A&M. They generally dominated play and with about 2 min left in the half found themselves in a position to go up 21-3 with a first and goal from the 2. After 2 straight runs were stuffed, they decided to go playaction and disaster struck. Showers would put the ball right into a Missou LBs gut for an INT and Missouri was able to get out of it unscathed. The Missouri offense would then kick into gear and managed to add another FG right before the half to make it just a 1 score game going into the break.

The 3rd quarter then started out with a bang for both teams. The opening kick was returned by Henry Josey, and he would shrug off 2 tackles on his way into the end zone on a 95 yard kick return that made the game that A&M had been absolutely dominating only a 14-13 Aggie lead. But again, A&M would respond incredibly well. Within a minute of the Josey TD, Ben Malena decided he'd try to 1 up the Missouri RB with a highlight reel run of his own. He would shrug off 2 Missou LBs in the backfield and then turn on the jets for a 69 yard TD to make it 21-13 again. Missouri would then add on another FG in the 3rd to make it 21-16 going into the decisive 4th quarter.

The quarter would start off with an incredibly solid drive from Missouri. They would have an 18 play drive that would end with a 4th and 3 conversion from the 5 yard line on a curl to TJ Moe who would take it in for the TD. After a 2 point conversion, Missouri would lead 24-21 with 5:30 remaining in the game. After forcing an A&M 3 and out, Missouri would make a few 1st downs and milk as much time off the clock as possible. They were able to take it down to about 1:30 before being forced to punt it back to the Aggies. Missouri would come out aggressive on the A&M possession and blitzed heavily, with the strategy ultimately paying off with a 4th down sack that turned it over and gave Mizzou the ball back for them to take a knee and end the game.

• Like Like x 1
  24. AJ Hart MN

Fucking gutted.. Stoneburner catches a hail mary to end the half and then after tying the game with 10 seconds left, my squib kick is caught by his upback so he get's great field position. That said, I can't play prevent and of course he just throws the bomb and comes down with it for the winning TD bascially as time expires. It was a great game.. Just wish it would have ended differently. GG Screw, look forward to seeing you tomorrow :)

25. NDCOLTS1979

Tomorrow is called payback time bitches