Information 2012 (S1)- Week 4

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PAgamer07, Jul 22, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Advanced. Deadline is Tuesday 10 PM EST

2. PAgamer07

Welcome to Week 4!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #1 USC Trojans (3-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 55-24 against Texas Tech (1-1).
    This week, the Trojans are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C D.J. Gillett has committed to USC

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Fighting Illini were idle.
    This week, the Fighting Illini travel to Pittsburgh to face the Pittsburgh Panthers (2-0).

=============== #22 Missouri Tigers (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Missouri won 27-10 against Georgia (0-2).
    This week, the Tigers are idle.

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 37-28 against Vanderbilt (0-2).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Columbus to face the #14 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Chris Taylor has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #4 Oregon Ducks (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 38-3 against Fresno State (1-1).
    This week, the Ducks are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Kevin Richardson has committed to Oregon

=============== #12 Wisconsin Badgers (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Badgers were idle.
    This week, the Badgers will host #7 Michigan (2-0).

=============== Stanford Cardinal (1-1) ===============
    Last week the Cardinal were idle.
    This week, the Cardinal will host #17 Notre Dame (2-0).

=============== #8 Arkansas Razorbacks (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas won 44-27 against Florida (0-1).
    This week, the Razorbacks will host #2 Alabama (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) DT Landon Shaw has committed to Arkansas
    - (***) ROLB Albert Young has committed to Miami

=============== #14 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Buckeyes were idle.
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Texas A&M (1-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Vince Williams has committed to Alabama
    - (***) C William Brooks has committed to Penn State

=============== Cal Golden Bears (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Golden Bears were idle.
    This week, the Golden Bears will host Arizona (2-0).

=============== South Carolina Gamecocks (1-2) ===============
    Last week, South Carolina lost 38-3 against Michigan (2-0).
    This week, the Gamecocks will host Ole Miss (1-1).
    In recruiting news, the following South Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Matt Wright has committed to South Carolina
    - (***) WR Greg Jefferson has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #7 Michigan Wolverines (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 38-3 against South Carolina (1-2).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Madison to face the #12 Wisconsin Badgers (2-0).

3. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We're headed to Columbus!... there is a better match up in Wisconsin but we were just at Camp Randall two weeks ago. Last week wasn't an action packed week for our user teams. USC blew out Texas Tech which was expected. Wonder how long Tommy Tubberville has left in Lubbock ? Oregon moves to 3-0 with a snoozer over Fresno State, Arkansas continues to rebound from that week 1 loss and have jumped back inside the top 10 and move to 2-0 in SEC play after a big win in Gainesville. Texas A&M starts 1-0 in SEC history with the win over Vanderbilt and Missouri rebounded from the dismal showing in Wisconsin with a 27-10 victory over Georgia...how hot is that seat Mark Richt? Tough time's in Columbia after South Carolina suffers already there 2nd loss of the season and Michigan moves to 3-0 on the season. ​
    This week will be a little uncomfortable for Brian as he travels into The Shoe, something he's never had to do. He'll be in the away locker rooms, other side of the field and for once pulling against the Buckeyes. How will he handle all the pressure returning back to his alma mater with different colors on. Also going on the Big Ten is the first conference game for the Wisconsin Badgers who will host undefeated and 7th ranked Michigan. This game has all the ingredients to be a classic or a dud. ​
    The Aggies will rely heavily on running back Christine Michael, QB Jameill Shower has struggled so far on the season with consistency and not turning the ball over, so I imagine that Coach Evans will do his best to limit the pressure on Shower. Receiver Ryan Swope will also play a big factor in this game coming into the game with a team leading 14 receptions for 148 yards. ​
    On defense, the Aggies will need to somehow contain Braxton Miller, Miller has "gone off" so far this season, he's got a solid 68% completion rate along with 10 touchdowns to only 2 interceptions. Miller is also a huge thread with his feet already racking up 141 rushing yards with 2 scores on the ground. On the receiving end of Miller is tight end Jake Stoneburner and receiver Evan Spencer. I don't see Texas A&M staying in this one, but who knows, that's why we play the game...​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    QB Jameill Shower:​
    RB Christine Michael:​
    WR Ryan Swope:​
    CB Dustin Harris:​
    [​IMG]
    QB Braxton Miller:​
    TE Jake Stoneburner:​
    OLB Etienne Sabino: ​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] HB Kenjon Barner: 18 Att - 140 Yards - TD​
    [​IMG]HB Knile Davis: 17 Att - 112 Yards - 2 TD​
    [​IMG]QB Cody Kessler: 9/14 - 251 Yards - 5 TD​
    [​IMG] WR Cobi Hamilton: 6 Rec - 131 Yards - TD​
    [​IMG] WR Ryan Swope: 9 Rec - 114 Yards - TD​
    [​IMG]
    Honestly couldn't find any crazy looking stat this week​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Ohio Stadium​
    Columbus, OH​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Heinz Field​
    Pittsburgh, PA​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Camp Randall Stadium​
    Madison, WI​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Ohio Stadium​
    Columbus, OH​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium​
    Fayetteville, AR​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Williams-Brice Stadium​
    Columbia, SC​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Stanford Stadium​
    Stanford, CA​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    California Memorial Stadium​
    Berkeley, CA​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 21 - 35 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 24 - 38 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 21 - 17 [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 17 - 28 [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  4. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

lost to Arizona 37-27...smh

• Like Like x 1
  5. PAgamer07

great writeup trey. and zac?? :doodie:

6. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I'll get my recap up later today once I get home but Michigan continues to play well.. This time in Mad town as they topple heavyweight Wisconsin!

7. AJ Hart MN

PAgamer07

Just a heads up.. I close on Thursday and it looks like I'll be moving Saturday-Monday. I'm hoping to have my internet and shit at my new place by Monday so hopefully I don't miss anything.. I'll keep you updated on things as they get closer.

8. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I just want to say one thing, I'm not going back through the Skype chat but I don't recall me once saying AJ was "cheesing" or Denard was "cheese". AJ ran the read option really well. I was irritated at how no matter what play I called or Spy's I ran, the DE or LB would chase after the running back way after Denard would pull it back and run. I guess that's EA's way of making that play work this year lol... I had one play where 2-3 of my lineman were standing with Denard in the backfield and they just stood there and let him run away, that was the most frustrating. Once other people joined the Skype chat, the "cheese" talk started but I don't see a problem with what AJ was doing. He knew I couldn't stop that play and he ran it down my throat, can't blame him. I don't think I once said AJ was "cheese", my issue wasn't with AJ or Denard, but the fact my defense was retarded and I couldn't stop it.

I think I said "this is fucking stupid" or something, but again, it wasn't directed at AJ or anything he did as a player. It was my defense.

9. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I believe this is code for "FUCK YOU AJ, YOU CHEESEBALL".

• Like Like x 1
  10. AJ Hart MN

This isn't directed at anyone but if the way I played yesterday is considered cheese in any way, i'm in the wrong league. Between the two user games yesterday, denard ran it a grand total of 17 times. I bet I threw it more than I ran it and I imagine Toussaint had many more carries than denard. It should be a non issue and i'm not quite sure why the cheese talk started. I take the way I play seriously and it annoyed me to no end why I was being labeled that way.

11. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

I love you AJ. I probably took it too far. I actually watched some of the replay on his stream last night and you're right, legit play calls. i was trying to do my homework for week 14 :).

12. AJ Hart MN

I know 95% of it was ball busting and i'm totally fine with that but it seemed at some point it changed during the game. I probably just need to stop taking that shit seriously though.. It can be stopped, that's all I know and when it's stopped, I'll be fucked as Denard is so inaccurate. Until then, go Michigan!

13. PAgamer07

Yep. It's not cheese at all and can be stopped. Thankfully there's only 1 Denard.

14. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

i seriously practiced for like an hour last night against michigan running only the read option on what i can do to stop it. didn't really find much...the thing is, if you control the read side DE and manually move him to the QB (not showing the read animation), then he literally brushes right off denard without any tackle animation triggering. so it CAN NOT be stopped by manually controlling the DE...which seems broken a bit. so i'll have to use a DT or LBer or safety or something...which of course then takes away from a zone/man assignment.

if peeps don't believe me, i'll record it on my cellphone or something. the read side DE will not make the tackle no matter what if manually controlled.

15. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

Using the read option is definitely not cheese with Denard as that is their offense. I think AJ has showed great restraint in not using it too much.

I do honestly believe that EA purposely made this play overly difficult to stop, it fits their typical MO of over doing the hottest thing in the game. Seems like theres always something each release.

16. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I had that happen against ryal in the week 2 game

http://www.twitch.tv/teclemson53/b/325673831 its at the 1:03:15 or mark

17. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

Yes, it can definitely be stopped, or at least slowed down where he only breaks 1 or 2 big runs.

18. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

19. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

• Like Like x 1
  20. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

21. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Will get my game in sometime tonight and get caught up on hot or not in the middle of a move right now

22. AJ Hart MN

To be fair, I was pretty annoyed on one of Bucky's TD's when my CB just literally sat there in perfect position yet watched the guy catch the ball for a TD. There are things that are always broken like last year when guy's would complete 8 passes for 400 yards.. That shit is more of a problem than the read option actually working for once.

• Like Like x 1
  23. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

yea the CB's are messed up this year, sad thing is, that touchdown, I led the pass to the inside and O'Brien threw it outside.

24. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I heard there is a glitch that lets you injure your opponents QB for 10 weeks. I think AJ Hart MN was using it.

25. PAgamer07

Annnnnddd it looks like our next victim to fall to the CPU was JohnnyClutch