2012(S1)- Week 8

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by TEClemson53, Jul 28, 2012.

1. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

gotw coming tonight

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  2. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Welcome to Week 8!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #9 USC Trojans (5-1) ===============
    Last week, USC lost 62-39 against Utah (5-0).
    This week, the Trojans are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LG Michael Clark has committed to Kansas State

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Illinois lost 28-10 against Wisconsin (5-1).
    This week, the Fighting Illini travel to Ann Arbor to face the #2 Michigan Wolverines (5-0).

=============== #24 Missouri Tigers (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Missouri won 38-14 against Navy (2-3).
    This week, the Tigers will host #18 Alabama (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Missouri targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Brandon Daniels has committed to Missouri

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 31-26 against Ole Miss (3-3).
    This week, the Aggies are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Adam Price has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #3 Oregon Ducks (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 45-28 against Baylor (1-2).
    This week, the Ducks are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Kyle Huffman has committed to Oregon

=============== #8 Wisconsin Badgers (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 28-10 against Illinois (5-1).
    This week, the Badgers travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (2-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR Dan Holycross has committed to Nebraska

=============== Stanford Cardinal (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Stanford won 45-3 against Arizona State (2-3).
    This week, the Cardinal are idle.

=============== #7 Arkansas Razorbacks (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas won 49-21 against Houston (2-3).
    This week, the Razorbacks travel to Lexington to face the Kentucky Wildcats (2-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Drew Miller has committed to Arkansas
    - (**) FB Reggie Thompson has committed to Arkansas

=============== #12 Ohio State Buckeyes (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 34-31 against Nebraska (4-2).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Bloomington to face the Indiana Hoosiers (3-2).

=============== Cal Golden Bears (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Cal won 38-24 against Air Force (3-2).
    This week, the Golden Bears travel to Pullman to face the Washington State Cougars (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Cal targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LG Alfred Moore has committed to Cal

=============== South Carolina Gamecocks (4-3) ===============
    Last week, South Carolina lost 24-10 against Georgia (2-4).
    This week, the Gamecocks travel to Starkville to face the Mississippi State Bulldogs (1-5).
    In recruiting news, the following South Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT James Walters has committed to South Carolina

=============== #2 Michigan Wolverines (5-0) ===============
    Last week the Wolverines were idle.
    This week, the Wolverines will host Illinois (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Tim Jones has committed to Michigan
    - (*****) QB Zach Allen has committed to Michigan

3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I love seeing 5* QB next to Zach Allen.. A new era in Michigan football is about to begin!

4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

No more shit talk from USC. No way we beat Oregon with this shit we have in defense

5. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Purdue 31-13 victory over Wisconsin. 9 Sacks for the defense (not coverage sacks)

6. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

video recap

• Like Like x 1
  7. PAgamer07

:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  8. AJ Hart MN

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Even though Illinois weren't able to keep their undefeated season in tact last week against the Badgers, this game still had loads of anticipation as the winner would put themselves into the driver's seat in the Legends Division.​
    Illinois won the toss and elected to receive but the Wolverines defense would stand tall and force a three and out. The potent Michigan offense would take the ball and methodically move down the field and Heisman hopeful Denard Robinson would start off his huge day with a 2yd option scamper for the games opening TD. Illinois would again be forced to punt and this time Robinson would do the damage with his arm.. Denard would hit Jeremy Gallon on a curl and Gallon would slip 1 tackle and take it to the house from 52yards out to give Michigan a 14-0 lead. After a turnover on downs Robinson again showed why he's been virtually impossible to stop this year. He would take a read option and simply run right by all the Illini defenders for a 71yd TD. At this point, Michigan was looking as good as they had all year and with Robinson on top of his game, it was going to be tough for Illinois to come back. After a Illinois FG, Robinson would pretty much put the icing on the cake when he would break another long TD.. This one from 75 yards out. The Illini would add a FG right before half but it was all Michigan as they were on top 28-6.​
    The second half was pretty uneventful as for most of it both teams would just chew the clock. Robinson did add another TD early in the 3rd when he hit Drew Dileo on a simple streak in which nobody bothered to cover him. The 77 yard TD pretty much ended this one as with a 35-6 lead, Robinson would spend the rest of the day on the sideline. Michigan would add a FG in the 4th quarter to give us our final of...​
    Michigan 38 Illinois 6
    GG Greg. I think we could both tell from the minute Denard got moving that this was going to be the Wolverines day. I honestly don't know what to do.. I hope guy's aren't getting mad at me for running with Denard but I tailored this offense for him but I never envisioned that it would be working like this. I'd still be shocked if he made it through the season healthy.​
    Next up for the Wolverines is a huge matchup against hated rival Michigan State. It's the 3rd of 5 straight home games. Michigan seems to be on a collision course with bitter enemy and hated Ohio St and coach Screwthebcs.​
    Stats
    Robinson 6-9 185yds 2TD's INT
    Robinson 6 Carries 178yds 3TD's
    Touissant 12-55yds
    Dileo 2 Catches 95yds TD
    Gallon 2-63yds TD
    Roundtree 2-27yds
    Roh & Kovacs Sack
    Taylor INT
    Sheelhasse 8-18 148yds INT
    Ferguson 20 Carries 51yds
    Wilson 2 Catches 60yds
    Lankford 2-37yds
    Hull INT

9. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

6 for 178 and 3 tds? ummmm. and peeps are mad at me for throwing to the only guy on my team that can catch? lol. denard is basically just running the wildcat every play. i don't rly get drunk, but i think i will against you so i don't throw my controller against the wall.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AJ Hart MN

I'll run it 20 times against you if it makes you feel better. I believe he ran the read twice but both went 70+. Don't know what you want me to do but I could really abuse it if you want me to.

11. sonn

sonn Walk On

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  12. PAgamer07

Denard is broken. Your next qb won't be that good.

13. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

i know. i know you don't abuse it. there is no way to stop it unless PA just bans the read option...which he shouldn't do. but thats just crazy. I mean last year i know PA got on guys for running it 30 times a game and RBs with 200 yds a game and this is a QB, lol.

EA just made the read option OP this year. I wish GOOD DEs were able to read and react to it better then just a yes or no situation for an ez read for the QB...but oh well. I mean I've run it with success also this year and love it.

So, it's an OP play for someone as OP as denard. Hopefully, when a scrambler thats fast, but doesn't have 90 BTK comes along it evens out, like Braxton. All i know is A&M stopped everything, so I think denard is just that OP he's like a cheat code. Hopefully u get to have your fun this year and it ends after that :).

Also, briosu99 you said that you "highlighted" braxton. how? i tried to left trigger and highlight taylor martinez and i couldn't...so what do you mean you highlighted him?

14. AJ Hart MN

Gardner's stats are almost as good when he's played. Granted, he's not anywhere in the same league with Denard but yeah.. And guy's have stopped Denard, dnf did a damn good job of it.

15. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Yeah, dnf was really good at stopping the read option (at least when I played him with UMD).

16. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

The real issue i think is the LBer play. if the lb's reacted better to it...like they expected it...it wouldn't be quite as easy. but yes, denard is just OP.

17. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

dnf913 tell me.

18. AJ Hart MN

And yes, I hate having goofy stats more than anyone but I don't want to run it much with Denard while I'm winning. If I throw it, I'm a asshole, if I run it with Denard, I'm even a bigger asshole.. My whole offense is based on the read so I'm in a no win situation. If I run it with Touissant, he get's drilled when I'm up big because guy's just bring the house and he has no chance. I mean, I only ran 32 plays against the Illini so who knows what I can do at this point.

19. AJ Hart MN

He usered a LB.. That's it! I've done it before as well.

20. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

just run off tackle with the RB and throw dink and dunks for 3rd downs. don't throw deep middle posts and outside streaks and just run draws and power-o plays out of shotgun. idk, just what i do when i've scored enough.

21. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

ya, i think i MIGHT have a decent idea to stop him. i literally went into practice mode and put denard in the read option, and tried every single defensive package in the 4-3 PB, lol. it'll probably just be a matter of if he breaks the LBer tackle or not, if he does, not jack crack i can do about it anyway. at the end of the day, it will only work if guys win their individual battles. and i'm pretty sure your guys are better at most positions on O compared to my D.

22. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

23. AJ Hart MN

Denard Robinson's real life rushing stats:

2010: 256-1702yds 14TD's
    2011: 221-1176yds 16TD's

24. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

and no AJ, i'm not arguing with you. i love running the read from the shotgun. but against Aggie I found out I can't do that exclusively so i'm using more of the Iform stuff from my base KSU PB.

25. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

the issue with that of course is the averages. you have like a 10+ yd average, probably closer to 20 now, lol.