2012(S1)- Week 9

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by TEClemson53, Jul 30, 2012.

1. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The unpredictability of the CPU brings us into Week 9, whether it's the game freezing or a hostile home crowd, we've had plenty of upsets so far this year. Two weeks ago, we saw #1 USC just flat out collapse in Salt Lake City & last week we watched #8 Wisconsin eliminate there hopes against Purdue. Michigan & Oregon are the only two remaining undefeated user teams. The Wolverines are more then likely the team to beat. Oregon has a tough road ahead facing USC, Utah, Cal, Stanford & rival Oregon State while the Wolverines will host Michigan State this week, Nebraska & then the always huge matchup against the Buckeyes. As long as Michigan keeps bringing there A game on the field, I don't see them falling.​
    Arkansas keeps climbing back into the hunt, if they stay hot they will have a shot at #1 LSU at the end of the season, where could a win like that boost them to? Speaking of Arkansas, they have a big game against South Carolina in a few weeks but I just don't see South Carolina being able to match score for score with the Razorbacks. Missouri snagged probably the biggest victory of there season and knocked off Alabama 27-24. Even without Matt Barkley, USC still has a small hope. They will face off with #3 Oregon & just like Arkansas, a big win will boost them up in the polls. Out west, Cal had a high scoring affair with Washington State. The Bears need to find some defense if they want to win big games, especially this week against a tough Stanford squad. ​
    Some of the conference championships are starting to take place, With the win over Illinois, Michigan has taken control of Big Ten Legends, in the Leader's side of things, Ohio State now holds a 2 game lead over Wisconsin. The matchup creates the possibility of a Michigan/Ohio State season finale & then a rematch in the B1G Championship.​
    In the SEC, Arkansas holds a 1 game lead over South Carolina in the east which makes there matchup mean even more. In the west, LSU is 2-0 in conference while Auburn, Missouri & Texas A&M all have 1 loss, who knows what will happen there. In the Pac-12, things got shaky after USC's loss. Stanford & Colorado are the only one's without a conference loss in the north while in the south Oregon & Utah remain undefeated. ​
    There isn't a whole lot of buzz regarding this week's match ups. We decided to take this show to Stanford based off the history of this matchup. Surely everyone knows the 1982 story. Stanford took a 20-19 lead with 4 seconds left. Cal received the kickoff & used 5 lateral passes to score the game winning touchdown. The curve ball however was the Stanford band had thought the game was over so the band had began to run on the field to celebrate creating the famous saying "the band is out on the field". That seemed to add fuel on the fire to this rivalry they call "The Big Game". Stanford holds a 57-46 record against Cal & currently has a 2 game winning streak. Will Stanford contain Keenan Allen ? How will Cal be without Zach Maynard ? Can Cal end the streak and save there season? Will Oregon & Michigan remain undefeated ? Who will fall this week ? .....​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HB Isi Sofele: 825 Yards, 9 TD​
    WR Keenan Allen: 49 Rec, 1,104 Yards, 12 TD​
    DT Aaron Tipoti: Team leading 6 Sacks​
    MLB Robert Mullins: 29 Tackles, 17 TFL, 3 Sacks​
    [​IMG]
    QB Brett Nottingham: 95/140, 1,489 Yards, 13 TD, 5 INT​
    HB Stepfan Taylor: 725 Yards, 10 TD​
    WR Ty Montgomery: 23 Rec, 432 Yards, 5 TD​
    LE Henry Anderson: 14 Tackles, 9 TFL, 7 Sacks​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] QB Denard Robinson: 6/9, 185 Yards, TD, INT​
    6 Att, 178 Yards, 3 TD​
    [​IMG] QB Tyler Wilson: 22/26, 394 Yards, 6 TD​
    [​IMG] QB Braxton Miller: 16/23, 236 Yards, 4 TD, INT​
    [​IMG] RB Isi Sofele: 20 Att, 132 Yards, TD​
    [​IMG] WR Julian Horton: 7 Rec, 141 Yards, 3 TD​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] WR Keenan Allen: 8 Rec, 266 Yards, 3 TD​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Kinnick Stadium​
    Iowa City, IA​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Memorial Stadium​
    Lincoln, NE​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    The Shoe​
    Columbus, OH​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Michigan Stadium​
    Ann Arbor, MI​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Vaught-Hemingway Stadium​
    Oxford, MS​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium​
    Fayetteville, AR​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Williams-Brice Stadium​
    Columbia, SC​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Kyle Field​
    College Station, TX​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Folsom Field​
    Boulder, CO​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Sun Devil Stadium​
    Tempe, AZ​
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Stanford Stadium​
    Stanford, CA​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 31 - 21 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 24 - 17[​IMG]
    [​IMG] 21 - 38 [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 21-24 [​IMG]
    (this is a work in progress...no where near what I want it to be. Shit is just time consuming)​
    PAgamer07 , hasn't advanced yet. Just posting this.​

• Like Like x 6
  2. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

3. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

This was awesome man. Great, great work. Now you just need to win on the field to get that COTY!!

Also, the guy who did the most damage to me against Cal was that damn HB.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PAgamer07

Advancing now

6. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

holy hell, fell from #8 to #21......

studio update shows maryland beats #17 nc state. texas tech beat #15 tcu

7. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

OSU destroys the Purdukies 52-14.

Braxton Miller was a man today throwing for over 300 yds and 4 TD and rushing for another. The pundits will be happy that he found his #1 WR open all day and deep and short routes as Devin Smith caught 6 passes for 200+ yds and 3 TDs. His first TD was a deep post out of play action and was wide open in center field. Another deep pass was the 80 yarder in which the Purdue defense blitzed hard and Smith beat his man on the press and out ran him. The 3rd TD catch was a perfect route on a post play from about 13 yards out. Stoneburner chipped in with another TD from 30 yards out.

The starters were pulled at the 38-14 mark halfway through the 3rd when no CPU hax comeback could conceivably take place. But the backups kept the hurt on. Backup RB Jordan Hall, who was replaced in week 4 by Carlos Hyde was a beast against the Purdue first team defense. He had 11 carries for 97 yds and 2 TDs in about 1.5 quarters of action. So it is apparent that both RBs are capable starters. Coach Screw will start riding the hot hand in upcoming games.

OSU had a big recruiting week and looks to add 7 more players to round out the class. Only Pedo State and Toledo stand in the way of the gauntlet of Wisconsin and Michigan after a week 12 Bye.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  8. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I will really try to play tonight.. Sorry, it's been so busy here the last couple of days. I should be able to make time and take my loss to the Spartans. Love the new TV but I'm very nervous about playing on it. :oops:

9. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I got a lot better at Football games when I moved from a 19" Tube TV to a 32" HDTV. Was able to so more of the screen and since it was bigger it was easier to see plays develop. If the same is true with you I can see you winning every game 70-0.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PAgamer07

Don't worry about it Shane, we won't be advancing tonight it looks like

11. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Any chance of an advance tonight? I'm leaving early in the morning tomorrow, and itd be sweet to have some sort of shot to beat LSU.

12. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

lol, well I guess Jesse answered that.

13. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Sorry guys. We tried 4 times earlier and it would just get stuck at the loading into the game screen.

14. PAgamer07

Sorry man :( They aren't even going to try again until 1130

15. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Yeah, its fine. I'll try the supersim from web thing, but I have a feeling LSU and Florida will still demolish me.

16. AJ Hart MN

I'll be around late so I can advance after myself, JC and Zac play.. Just a thought PAgamer07

17. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

If its possible, that'd be sweet. I could knock out my game late tonight.

18. PAgamer07

if youll be on that late i can transfer... you sure?

19. PAgamer07

transferred

• Like Like x 1
  20. AJ Hart MN

[​IMG][​IMG]
    The #2 ranked Wolverines came into their annual rivalry game against the hated Spartans on a high as they just got done beating a good Illinois squad last week. Everyone has been talking about how good Michigan is but coach Hart knew Michigan St would be a chore as these squads have squared off a couple of times prior with both games being very close. The Michigan D would need to somehow contain State stud TB Laveon Bell if they were to keep this dream season going.​
    Sparty won the toss and elected to defer to the second half. Heisman hopeful Denard Robinson would go down on the opening drive after only 3 plays but thankfully for the home team, it was just a stinger and he would be able to return the next drive. His replacement, Devin Gardner would show opposing B1G defensive coaches both the good and bad about him as he took a option keeper for a 30yd gain to put the Wolverines on a 1st and goal but then showed his bad side when he completely missed a wide open Roy Roundtree on a 3rd down pass that would have been a easy TD. Michigan would have to settle for a FG. All year, everyone has talked about the play of Denard Robinson but this Wolverine defense has been about as good as any unit in the country. They again answered the call as they forced a MSU punt and then you know who struck for the first time. Coming back to a standing ovation and chants of "Shoelace", Denard Robinson took the field and immediately electrified the 110,000 in attendance. He took off from 52yds out and wouldn't be caught as he would give Michigan a 10-0 lead in the 1st. Sparty would answer back with a nice, time consuming drive in which Laveon Bell would be the star both on the ground and in the passing attack as the Wolverine defense had no answer for him. He capped off the long drive with a 2yd plunge to cut the lead to 3. The rest of the second quarter would be a heisman video promo for Denard as he would take off from 60 yards out for his 18th rushing TD of the year and just for good measure, he would hit Jeremy Gallon on a slant from 9 yards out to give Michigan a commanding 24-7 halftime lead.​
    Michigan State would show some signs of life in the 3rd but they didn't take advantage of their chances and were only able to muster a FG to cut the Michigan lead to 14. State would play some decent defense in the 2nd half but Denard did throw a bad pick that cost the home team 7 points and kept this game closer than it should have been. He would add a 1 yd plunge in the 4th to end all doubts about this one as with a 31-10 lead, the defense could just get after State QB Andrew Maxwell. Maxwell may have had a nice completion percentage but the Wolverine front seven was in his face all game long as they notched 5 sacks to go with numerous knockdowns. It was a dominating performance by this defense! The coaching staff was much happier after the game with their play than they were with Denard's.. Don't get me wrong, Robinson we think just made the statement that he is the best player in the country but it was nice to see the defense step up to the plate against such a good offense. When all was said and done, the final from the Big House was...​
    Michigan 31 Michigan St 10
    Nebraska is up next for the Wolverines and coaches are just taking this one game at a time. All this team is thinking about right now is Taylor Martinez and Rex Burkhead. Nebraska is a great team and will be a tremendous challenge.​
    [​IMG]
    Robinson 18-28 254yds TD 2 INT's
    Robinson 15 Carries 196yds 3TD's
    Touissant 20-103yds (32yds Receiving)
    Gardner 2-26yds
    Gallon 6 Catches 85yds TD
    Roundtree 5-64yds
    Dileo 4-51yds
    Roh 2 Sacks
    Talbott Sack, Forced Fumble
    [​IMG]
    Maxwell 18-22 214yds
    Bell 17 Carries 75yds TD
    Bell 5 Catches 87yds
    Lippett 4-55yds
    Sims 3-34yds
    White 2 INT's

21. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Saved for when I get back home Illinois takes Nebraska to woodshed

22. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

so uh...wheres the advance? i thought that was the whole point of transfering commish?

• Like Like x 1
  23. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

so mr AJ...care to advance us? or we letting them try again?

24. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

ur not a patient person r u ?

• Like Like x 1
  25. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

meh, i guess not. well not when commish is xferred overnight to advance...but there's no advance.