2012 (S2) Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Aug 23, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

CPU Games due by Wednesday August 24, 10pm PST
    USER Games due by Thursday August 25, 10pm PST

UTEP mboda at Army whygodwhy1111
    MTSU Cheez at Arky State Darr27z

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (1-2) ===============
    Last week, San Jose State lost 24-10 against Army (4-0).
    This week, the Spartans will host Stanford (1-3).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Kent State lost 39-17 against Tulane (2-1).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Akron (1-2).

=============== Tulane Green Wave (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Tulane won 39-17 against Kent State (1-2).
    This week, the Green Wave will host Southern Miss (0-2).

=============== #18 Army Black Knights (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Army won 24-10 against San Jose State (1-2).
    This week, the Black Knights will host UTEP (3-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Johnny Clark has committed to Army

=============== Memphis Tigers (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Memphis won 42-3 against Marshall (2-2).
    This week, the Tigers travel to College Station to face the #1 Texas A&M Aggies (1-0).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 27-14 against Air Force (0-2).
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Jonesboro to face the #22 Arkansas State Red Wolves (3-0).

=============== Western Michigan Broncos (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 25-24 against UNLV (1-3).
    This week, the Broncos are idle.

=============== UTEP Miners (3-0) ===============
    Last week, UTEP won 37-7 against SMU (0-2).
    This week, the Miners travel to West Point to face the #18 Army Black Knights (4-0).

=============== #22 Arkansas State Red Wolves (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State won 35-7 against Georgia Tech (1-1).
    This week, the Red Wolves will host Mid Tenn State (1-2).

=============== Idaho Vandals (0-2) ===============
    Last week the Vandals were idle.
    This week, the Vandals will host #4 Boise State (3-0).

=============== UNLV Rebels (1-3) ===============
    Last week, UNLV lost 25-24 against Western Michigan (3-1).
    This week, the Rebels are idle.

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Warhawks were idle.
    This week, the Warhawks travel to Bowling Green to face the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (0-2).

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Cheez

Again, I can't say enough about the scheduling committee's work about railroading the Vandals. I mean with the great stop and start schedule the first five weeks, then with front loading my schedule with tough user games. It was like he didn't want to give my team any rhythm. Then finally when I get out of all my bye weeks I am given #4 BSU, I just don't know why he didn't give me #18 Army right after, so I would be given a chance at 0-4?

• Like Like x 1
  4. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Didn't you ask for Boise? And you get awful Washington State next week...everyone beats them. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

gowazzucougs is in a pissy mood after losing his After Midnight game this morning. You have no room to bitch about schedules. Look at mine, then look at my team. Suck it up man! I got Army, then get Stanford...then Arky State and the WAC. We gotta get our wins in conference or we are both screwed!

6. aarondramp

Yeah, I was looking at the team ratings last night, and you still have the worst team. Here are the team ratings:

W. Michigan: 83 OVR
    Arkansas St: 77 OVR
    Tulane: 75 OVR
    Army: 75 OVR
    MTSU: 74 OVR
    Idaho: 74 OVR
    Kent St: 74 OVR
    Memphis: 72 OVR
    UTEP: 72 OVR
    UL Monroe: 72 OVR
    UNLV: 70 OVR
    SJSU: 66 OVR

Sorry, Rec.

7. gowazzucougs

What irritates me is that we are in Week 6, and I have no feel for my team. Every other week so far has been a bye for my team. I couldn't tell you who is on my team because all I am doing it feels like is recruiting. I have only two/three observations so (1) they good at home, but crappy on the road (that was my main observation from last season; (2 and 3) my offensive line must be crap while Tulane's offensive line ( dakota7 )must be the best out of all of us. Against Kent State, Jface's defense sacked my quarterback at least 8 time if not more, and then against Tulane, Kent State get's only like one or two sacks. How does that happen?

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

How many passes did you throw? I only put the ball up 20 times, so 10% sack rate isn't really that good.

9. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

Arkansas State 24
    Middle Tennessee State 17

This game was almost a choke job for the Red Wolves but the Blue Raiders beat them to it. The game was a tale of two halves. The first half was controlled by Arkansas State getting out to a 17-3 lead. The second half was mostly Blue Raiders as the Arkansas State defense and offense crumbled allowing the Blue Raiders to tie the game at 17. With two minutes left the Arkansas State Red Wolves got into Blue Raider territory only to throw a pick with 38 seconds left. The Blue Raiders returned the favor setting up the game winning touchdown.

Thanks Cheez, I needed that win to attempt to win the Sun Belt, now that mboda is gone.

10. dakota7

Fwiw 4 of my oline starters are in the low 70's and 1 guy is 68? So not great.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. gowazzucougs

Here is the official tally I threw 25 passes, but dropped back 34/35 times, as I was down for most of the game. My quarterback was tackled 10 times, but only nine sacks are recorded, most likely one play my QB scrambled. Kent State sacked my quarterback 9 times. That equates to a percentage of 26% of the time when my quarterback dropped back he was sacked with the ball. So if a 10% rate isn't really that good, something like a quarter rate must be down right awful.

The sad part I would say 7 of the 9 sacks occurred in the first half. It seemed like two out of three plays in the first half for me ended in a sack.

13. aarondramp

Sounds like Cheez may have someone else that would be willing to accept coordinator jobs if it meant leaving their current school.

• Like Like x 3
  14. dakota7

Yeah, I agree.....26% isnt very good either.

15. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

My 83 overall team sure doesnt feel like an 83 overall team at times...

16. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Nobody wanted to win that game. We should have just quit when I tied the score and called it a draw. Those last few minutes were painful.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Stanford - 23
    San Jose State - 27

Coach Rec Chem gets the marque victory he desperately needed, taking down the rival Cardinal in San Jose. Turnovers played a big part in this one, as the Spartans were able to cash in on 2 INT's and a fumble to steal the win at home. Stanford outgained San Jose 344 - 264 but the Spartans made the big plays when they needed too, including a pick with under a minute to go to seal the victory. San Jose State improves to 2-2 on the season, and will get a bye week before traveling to Reno to take on Nevada in WAC play.

SJSU Stats
    QB Blake Jurich 17/27 210 Yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT
    HB David Freeman 20 carries, 89 Yards, 1 TD
    TE Rich Rodriguez 7 catches, 90 Yards
    LB Keith Smith 7 Tackles, 6 Solo, 2 TFL

18. aarondramp

#1 Texas A&M - 20
    Memphis - 10

The Memphis' defense was up to the challenge with all of the Texas A&M points coming from a short field or a return for a TD. Starting QB Mueller was brutal with 4 turnovers before getting knocked out of the game in the 3rd quarter. After rushing at will the past two games, Memphis actually ended up with negative rushing yards in this game as they couldn't figure out the 3-4. I really could've won this game. I had several almost big runs that just couldn't quite break free and a dropped deep ball. Ultimately, the turnovers killed me. I really thought I had a chance in this one...now I have to get it together for Southern Miss next week.

19. dakota7

Southern Miss 28
    Tulane 59

Shootout in the Superdome, as the Green Wave rolls in it's CUSA opener. Tulane put up 49 points in the first half, behind an impressive display of wide receiver play. Wideouts Mark Ervin and Jacob Davis combined for 3 touchdowns and 375 yards receiving as they shredded the USM defensive backfield. Quarterback Ryan Griffin passed for over 275 yards and 4 tds, all in the first half. (he left the game with a torn shoulder, initial reports expect him to miss 9 weeks. However, Griffin said he'd be back next week). HB Orleans Darkwa rushed for over 100 yards and 2 scores.

20. gowazzucougs

IDAHO BEATS BOISE STATE!!!

Yesterday was a sad day in Moscow,Idaho, but in the virtual world there was a big ass party as the Vandals beat the #4 ranked Broncos in triple overtime 51-48. The game started off as well as it could as the Vandals jumped out to a 14-0 lead on two deep passes from Blackmon to Hernandez and Veltung. Boise would respond by scoring 24 unanswered points. Things appeared to desperate for the Vandals but Blackmon would lead the team down the field with HB Troy Vital scoring on a 1 yard to end the third quarter. Late in the fourth quarter the Vandals were forced to settle with a field goal with 2:00 minutes to go after being stoned at the goal line. The Broncos then pulled their shennigans, and on the first play after the Vandals tied the game scored on a 74 yard TD pass. The Vandals would respond taking the ball 91 yards down the field for the game tying score with 13 seconds remaining, Justin Veltung caught a 11 yard TD pass from Blackmon. Coach Worgum seriously considered going for two and the win, but thought better. In overtime, the Broncos started with the ball and scored a TD, the Vandals responded very quickly as Blackmon threw a 30 yard TD pass to his tight end, Taylor Elmo, on the Vandals first play from scrimmage in OT. The Vandals in the second OT, scored a TD on a four yard pass to Calvin Thompson, but not to be outdone the Broncos would score a TD of their own making the score 45-45 as the game headed into Triple Overtime. The Vandals defense stood strong forcing the Broncos to settle for a field goal. On the Vandals possession, the Vandals got the ball to Broncos 13, then the magic happened Calvin Thompson took the ball and ran 13 yards for the game winning TD.

Stats

QB Dominque Blackman 19-28-377 yards, 5 TDs, 2 Ints.
    HB Todd Handley 15-62 yards
    HB Calvin Thompson 8-47 yards, 1 TD
    WR Justin Hernandez 5-89 yards, 1 TD
    WR Marquan Major 3-124 yards, 1 TD

21. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

You small type hurts my eyes to read. On the flip side nice win.

22. gowazzucougs

It is fixed

23. aarondramp

whygodwhy and mboda are almost done. Is JFace907 the only one left?

24. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

Appreciate it :)