2012 (S2) Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Aug 27, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

CPU Games due by Sunday August 28, 10pm PST
    USER Games due by Monday August 29, 10pm PST

Army whygodwhy1111 at Idaho gowazzucougs
    Memphis aarondramp at MTSU Cheez

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to Week 8!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (2-2) ===============
    Last week the Spartans were idle.
    This week, the Spartans travel to Reno to face the Nevada Wolf Pack (2-2).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 28-16 against Bowling Green (0-5).
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to Buffalo to face the Buffalo Bulls (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR David Roberson has committed to Kent State

=============== Tulane Green Wave (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Tulane lost 52-48 against Tulsa (2-3).
    This week, the Green Wave will host Rice (0-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Tulane targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FS Kevin Warren has committed to Tulane

=============== #16 Army Black Knights (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Army won 42-38 against San Diego State (1-3).
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Moscow to face the Idaho Vandals (1-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Gabe Sanders has committed to Army

=============== Memphis Tigers (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Memphis won 45-31 against Southern Miss (0-4).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Murfreesboro to face the Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (1-3).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (1-3) ===============
    Last week the Blue Raiders were idle.
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Memphis (3-2).

=============== Western Michigan Broncos (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 48-6 against Central Michigan (1-5).
    This week, the Broncos will host Eastern Michigan (1-5).

=============== UTEP Miners (4-1) ===============
    Last week, UTEP won 33-10 against Colorado State (2-3).
    This week, the Miners travel to Birmingham to face the UAB Blazers (1-5).

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 21-17 against UL Monroe (4-1).
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Troy to face the Troy Trojans (3-2).

=============== Idaho Vandals (1-3) ===============
    Last week, Idaho lost 42-16 against Washington State (2-3).
    This week, the Vandals will host #16 Army (6-0).

=============== UNLV Rebels (1-3) ===============
    Last week the Rebels were idle.
    This week, the Rebels will host #13 TCU (3-1).

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (4-1) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe won 21-17 against Arkansas State (4-1).
    This week, the Warhawks travel to Miami to face the FIU Golden Panthers (0-5).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Monroe targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB James Carey has committed to Tulsa
    - (****) C Justin Sanders has committed to Mississippi State

3. sreese

sreese Walk On

interesting user v user matchups this week. Memphis at mtsu? Cheez i warned you about that damn option.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im gonna show a butt load of restarts in my game. After my user game in After Midnight, I choose poorly and decided to try and play my NO game...this was several IPA's into the wee hours of the morning. At any rate, I had the game freeze so I tried to super sim it a couple of times to get to where the score was or at least close. Never quite happened. After that I passed out on the couch and am feeling the pain today (im no 21 year old kid anymore). So thats my drunken restart story!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

Arkansas State Wins a Defensive Struggle.......

NOT.jpg

Arkansas State 55
    Troy 52

Arkansas States Defensive stayed in Jonesboro this week as they gave up 582 yards through the air and seven touchdowns. The only saving grace for the Red Wolves is that the Troy defensive spent the week getting drunk instead of practicing. Red Wolves running backs ran the ball 49 times for 443 yards and 5 Touchdowns. Aplin went 11-26 with 210 yards, two touchdowns, and two pics. The fourth quarter alone featured 45 points of scoring with Arkansas State sealing the game on a last second field goal. The Red Wolves return to Jonesboro hoping to find some defense against the Spartans of San Jose.

6. sreese

sreese Walk On

Did i miss an announced family night? Got on last night after work to find no night owls anywhere:(. Catch u guys tonight. Cheez watch out for that damn option, its coming!!

7. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

Cheez should have a decent option defense, since I ran the option on him for 6 straight game cycles until her finally learned how to defend it. The skinny post on the other hand, he has no defense for :D.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Was wifey time last night :)

9. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Cheez

Memphis seems incapable of playing a normal game at this point. After each team moved down the field easily on their opening drives, things slowed down considerably. After MTSU kicked a field goal with less than 30 seconds in the first half, Memphis decided to come out throwing (even with their backup QB). However, when the pocket collapsed, the QB took off up the middle, made a few people miss and scored on an 81 yard TD run with 16 seconds left in the half to go up 17-10. After MTSU downed a punt at the 4 yard line, Memphis countered with a 96 yard run for a TD to go up 24-10. That was still the score in the 4th quarter when Memphis foolishly threw into coverage in the end zone for an interception when a run up the middle would have resulted in a field goal and a three possession lead. MTSU went on the attack and scored on a 59 yard pass play to cut the lead to 7. After Memphis' offense stalled, MTSU drove down and scored with 3 seconds left. MTSU debated but ended up deciding to kick the extra point and play for OT. MTSU was on offense first and failed on 3rd and short and had to settle for the field goal. Memphis quickly got to the 7 yard line, but failed on first and second downs, and were left with 3rd and goal from the 9. Gilchrist threw a quick pass to the TE Harper who was open down the middle for a 9 yard TD. They ended the game with just 16 yards passing, and 9 came on that final play. The star of the game was Memphis HB Rhodes who had several big plays and ended with 271 yards on 13 carries.

Memphis - 30
    MTSU - 27

Good game, Cheez. I was fortunate with those long plays that were basically the difference. Sorry about running a play out of the 1-5-5. I didn't know that formation wasn't allowed.

recchem2000 - did I miss something about the 1-5-5 not being allowed?

• Like Like x 1
  10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Probably not...I just thought it was implied I guess. We banned it over in my other league and figured no one would really use that kind of defense in a Sim style league. I'll update the rules. So in short, no you didnt miss it, I just never bothered to post it. My fault.

11. aarondramp

Ok. I used it one play in the 4th quarter, and Cheez texted me about it, but now I know.

12. sreese

sreese Walk On

I was using it, too. I was also unaware until recc mentioned it to me one night in the chat.

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Just out of curiosity, why would you guys use that defense? Have you ever seen a football team run that D? The thought never even crossed my mind to run that type of defense in any situation. In real life if a team came out in the defense, you could just pound the ball up the middle on them all day. But with the games blocking logic, it doesnt work that way. Its alot like running a base 4-2-5 or 3-3-5, which im also not a big fan of.

14. aarondramp

I see it run in the NFL...not sure that I've ever seen it in college but I thought I remember Boise used it at some point. I used it because I was giving up a lot through the air and couldn't get pressure on the QB, so I was trying to mix it up. I certainly wasn't using it as a base. It was because I was up 7 with a minute left, so I was trying to stop the pass. He actually ended up running up the middle on the play but was stopped for a loss. The good thing is, Cheez scored a few players later, so it was irrelevant.

I didn't realize it was something that had been banned or frowned upon and definitely won't do it again. I don't think I ever ran it in my other user games (since neither of them mentioned it), so I went almost 12 quarters without using it. I will make sure that I don't use it again, though.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im not accusing you of anything by any means...I was just curious as to why you would want to run that defense. No big deal, just my curiosity :)

16. sreese

sreese Walk On

I had never used it before this season. Mainly because i play with crappy teams that dont have 3 good lbs much less 5. But when i tried it in my Florida dynasty it seemed to be pretty effective against the pass. Dont think i have ever used it in a user game and i dont watch enough college football to know if its used at all. Just assumed it was, only because it was in the game?lol!

17. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

The Packers use the 1-5-5, they call it psycho. I think they had a d-lineman shortage 2 years ago and used it to give the healthy guys a break. I can see using it in a medium 3rd down spot or even against a spread option team, just to mix things up.

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Maybe if the AI blocking logic could pick up LB's...im not sure they can.

19. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

The AI Blocking logic cant even pick up the defensive line on a three man rush. I doubt it can pick up LB's....

20. aarondramp

The Jets use it as well, but if it's a logic issue, then I have no problem with banning it.

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Good point!

22. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

Thank you :D.

23. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I was just answering when you would realistically use it. I agree 100% that the AI doesn't do well with it.

24. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

#16 Army 7
    Idaho 37

The key to beat WGW, is have him on AP. The Vandals only managed to score 6 points in the first half, but dominated the game in the second half scoring 31 points to throttle the Black Knights of Army. Todd Handley provided a strong rushing performance going for 158 yards and scoring two touchdowns. Army made it 20-7 early in the fourth quarter, but the Vandals went down the field and scored a TD, and then when Army got the ball back, Idaho's DE Maxx Forde recovered a fumble and rumbled 15 yards for a touchdown putting the game out of reach.