2012 SE MVP Winner

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Mar 3, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2012 SE MVP Winner

It gives me great honor to introduce the 2012 SE MVP winner.

And the winner is......​

[​IMG]

Column 1
    Votes 1st 2nd 3rd Total
    Jordan Reed 18 2 3 23
    Russell Shephard 12 4 2 18
    Bryce Brown 3 6 2 11
    RW Sweetness 0 6 2 8
    Marlon Brown 0 4 2 6

(Couldn't find a better picture haha)

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Wow!

I'm not sure how Shephard didn't win this in a landslide.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Go back and look at the stats people...... made a mistake

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I voted for Reed. He was the best player I saw in a game all year.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    the votes were pretty close, not like it was a runaway. I just felt Reed was better

6. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Do you guys really want me to turn him into a 2000 and 2000 player this year?

7. GoGators

Well you can't blame me because I couldn't vote for Reed hahaha.

I was surprised by this as well. I thought Shephard would win it by a mile but I guess his record didn't hold up very well. Reed had a phenomenal year, he broke the UF school record for passing, which with 7 user vs user games, that's pretty impressive.

Thank God Sweetness didn't win!

Rumor has it Kenny Mayne is catching up with the heisman and SE MVP winner later this week for an informative interview.

8. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

I must admit that Reed was my #1 vote. I should've know he was going to be my biggest competition and not voted for him.

9. GoGators

The Mane Event:

Kenny caught up with Coach KSherm and QB J. Reed for a little chat this week leading up to the BCS game.

Kenny: Congrats on the SEC, the BCS bid, the heisman, and the SE MVP J Reed.

Reed: Thanks. It's been a surreal year. I struggled there in the first Auburn game throwing 6 picks but I was able to bounce back. It was so bad that I got left off the finalist list for all the other awards which is pretty crazy.

Kenny: How did you manage to have such a great season in your first year seeing significant playing time?

Reed: I gotta thank God. Without him, none of this would of been possible. Beyond that, have you seen the talent I was surrounded with this season? I have 4 WRs who would start on any team in the nation. I have an offensive line that's out of this world. I have a coach and a playbook designed for me to succeed. I really didn't have to do that much. Maybe the biggest thing though was when HB Mike Gillislee went down early in the year. Losing him limited our running game and coach turned to me to get the job done.

Kenny: The WR's you have would make anybody look like a Tom Brady. I have to ask though, there's rumors floating around that this past spring, Coach KSherm seriously considered moving you to FB or TE to make way for the young recruits he landed this offseason. Is there any truth to this?

Reed: (laughs) Amazingly, there is truth to that story. Coach came to me in the spring and asked what I thought about moving to TE or FB. I guess he felt I didn't have the legs to run the offense the way he wanted it ran. I asked him to give me the first half of spring practice and if it didn't look like it was going to work I'd move. Thankfully I was able to prove my worth as a QB.

Coach KSherm: Looking back, it's crazy the coaching staff even considered that move. We thought Reed could be a solid FB or TE due to his size but when we approached him about it you could see in his eyes that he wanted to play QB. We figured we'd see what he could do and he proved that QB is his natural position.

Kenny: What do you guys see happening in the BCS game?

Reed: Lightning never strikes the same place twice.

Kenny: So, not to get ahead, but what are your plans after the BCS game? Come back for your SR year or go pro?

Reed: I'm not sure yet. We'll have to see. I'm sure I'll sit down with coach after the season and we'll figure it out.

Coach KSherm: We'll focus on winning another BCS game. After that, we'll see if Reed's a first rounder or not. If not, he'll have work to do because next season we won't have the WR cast like we had this season and our young QB's should be ready to play. The spring will probably figure to be an open competition for QB no matter who's on campus.