2012- Season 1 Preview

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PAgamer07, Jul 10, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out
    Till my legs give out, can’t shut my mouth.
    Till the smoke clears out - am I high? Perhaps
    I'ma rip this shit till my bones collapse.
    Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out
    Till my legs give out, can’t shut my mouth.
    Till the smoke clears out and my high burn out
    I'ma rip this shit till my bones collapse.
    Until the roof
    The roof comes off
    Until my legs
    Give out from underneath me
    I will not fall
    I will stand tall,
    Feels like no one could beat me.

After 2 months of waiting.. It is finally here. Season 1 of the Redshirts, NCAA '13. Anticipation is high, we've already had some challenges thrown, and the smack-talking is in full force. It's time to put up or shutup. What new rivalries will form this year? Who will rise to the challenge and who will fail?​
    None of us knows what to expect this year. We have dnf913 back home in Arkansas. We have briosu99 taking Texas A&M, the first time he has played outside of Columbus in 3 years. AJ Hart MN moves on to take his beloved Wolverines. There will be numerous storylines to watch this year both on the field and off. It's time to take a look at what the season will bring....​
    [​IMG]
    As mentioned, Nick returns to Arkansas. After dominating with them in NCAA '11 and becoming the player most guys tried to avoid playing, he stumbled in NCAA '12. Going 0-fer in the National Championship hunt. This year, he hopes to regain some of his swagger, and he turns to a familiar team.​
    On offense, he returns Senior QB Tyler Wilson as well as a trio of talented backs in Knile Davis, Ronnie Wingo and Dennis Johnson. The offensive line looks solid, but the big question is who will step up to fill the enormous shoes of Joe Adams, Jarius Wright and Greg Childs? If Wilson can find a go to guy, look out.​
    Defensively, they have some question marks. The biggest of which is if they can handle some of the better offenses in the SEC. S Tremain Thomas, LB Jerry Franklin and DE Jake Baquette are all gone and these were solid players. They do return LB Alonzo Highsmith, and he is expected to take the leadership role.​
    Overall, I like the team and I like Nick's chances. If he can get a few big wins over LSU and Alabama. If he can do that, you can punch Arkansas' ticket to the SEC Championship game.​
    [​IMG]
    ryalaman has taken his talents to Missouri and this will be a helluva fun team to watch. Namely, because of a Mr. DGB. The #1 prospect coming out of high school will have an immediate impact for the Tigers. He will pair with T.J. Moe at the other wideout position. QB James Franklin needs to cut down on his INT from last year. If he does, and gets protection this could be a high-powered passing attack.​
    The run game will be a question mark though. We are unsure who gets the start here, but the offense will only go as far as they can in the air.​
    On defense, it really is a no-name defense outside of LB Andrew Wilson who accounted for 98 tackles last year. We don't really know what to expect, except that Raj will bring his expertise with the 4-3 to Missouri.​
    My prediction for Missouri is a 2 year stretch of tough losses. These will only last until they get pieces in play to be competitve. Once they do, they should be able to make a run at the SEC.​
    [​IMG]
    SuperBowlNachos had a great pick here with the Gamecocks. One of the most talented teams both on offense and defense, I expect them to make some noise.​
    I'm not sure how much Nachos likes defense, but this Front Seven is one of the best in the nation. They are anchored by Jadeveon Clowney, and this guy will give opposing QBs fits all season long. Their secondary is very solid as well, with S D.J. Swearinger leading this group. He is a very talented safety and I fully expect Nachos to use him well.​
    On offense, Marcus Lattimore is the guy to watch here. Kyle loves to run the ball and Lattimore is one of the best backs in the nation. The offensive line will be a big questionmark though, and we have to wonder how well they do here. Finally, it's QB Connor Shaws job to lose. Can he find rhythym with the WR corps, and add some balance to the offense?​
    I really expect the Gamecocks to do well. Nachos has been quiet this offseason. Way too quiet, and I think he backs up the lack of smack-talking with winning. Look for the Gamecocks in the SEC Championship game.​
    [​IMG]
    Brian went with one of the biggest surprise picks in the draft. The Aggies were an unexpected pick, but I think this team suits him well.​
    The offensive line is highly touted and there is talent everywhere at RB here for the Aggies. We know Brian loves the ground and pound game and I think he finds success here. WR Ryan Swope had over 1000 yards in receptions last year, but he had Ryan Tannehill passing to him. This year, it's on the shoulders of Jamielle Showers. Expect the Aggies to cautious with Showers throwing the ball.​
    On defense, the secondary is a bit of a question for the Aggies and facing some high powered passing attacks will be difficult. Thankfully, they field a trio of solid LB in Sean Porter, Steve Jenkins and Jonathan Steward.​
    This is a tough, tough conference. I think Brian will take a couple of years to figure out the game, but once he does I think he surprises some people. He has one of the biggest assets of any team in the dynasty: The Texas recruiting Hotbed. If he scouts well, this team will be dangerous in no-time.​
    [​IMG]
    My own USC Trojans are heavy favorites this year. Anything less than a Rose Bowl or National Championship berth will be a colossal disappointment.​
    There is no question that QB Matt Barkley is the best QB in the nation. We feel very comfortable in the pro system, and have always been a bit pass heavy in our game planning. Add in WR Robert Woods and Marqise Lee and this is an EXPLOSIVE offense. The Offensive Line is a bit of a question mark, but with the talent of the athletes at our disposal, we do not expect this to be a problem.​
    Defensively, the team is not as good as one would expect. The secondary is the strength and the best player here is probably CB Brian Bauchman. The Front 7 though, is relatively unexperienced and it will take some time for these guys to jell.​
    The Trojans are the favorites here this year, but Stanford, Oregon, Cal and Washington cannot be overlooked. If we can play defense, we can win.​
    [​IMG]
    sonn the Canadian takes over for the Ducks this year and they are also ranked in the Top 10. With the best uniforms in the game, it's going to take more than looking good to win this year.​
    On offense QB Brian Bennett takes over this year, and will attempt to continue the fast paced, Spread attack the Ducks are known for. Kenjon Barner will take over the role at HB and has big shoes to fill from LaMichael James.​
    On defense, no one really knows who is going to step up here. They are a collection of 3 and 4 star players with speed, but none really were mentioned in PAC-12 defensive honors last year. Arik Armstead will probably be the guy to watch though this year, as he was a highly touted recruit, whose brother actually played at USC.​
    Sonjay's Ducks have already begun with the trash talking with USC. This game is HUGE for all the wrong reasons. If they beat USC, they win the PAC-12.​
    [​IMG]
    JohnnyClutch brings his talents to Stanford to take on the team with the dumbest Mascot on the face of the earth :p There is so much talent gone from this roster from last year, that one has to wonder if Josh may have picked the wrong team here?​
    He didn't.. This team is still very, very good. They still have one of the best offensive lines in the country, 2 solid backs in Anthony Wilkerson and Stepfan Taylor and they have 2 very good TE. The question is certainly not only who will take over at QB, but what sort of season he will have? If they get good QB play, they will surprise a lot of people.​
    The good news for Josh is that this defense is stacked. Easily the best in the PAC-12. Shane Skov is the MAN, and did damage when he was coached by Ryal back in NCAA '11. They have so much depth, and recruited so well here that this is going to be a tough, tough team to score on.​
    Like I said, if Josh can figure out his QB situation, he can shock the world. If not? Then it will be a long season. The defense will keep them in a lot of games though, and expect one of the best Pts against in the Nation.​
    [​IMG]
    ZCar352 I love you man.. but I STILL don't know about this pick. I really, really hope you surprise the dynasty here. I know absoultely nothing about Cal. I'm pretty sure that's a bad thing, but I have done some research :)
    The WR corps is SICK, and is led by Junior Keenan Allen. They recruited even more talent at WR last year, and now just need someone to throw them the damn ball. QB Zach Maynard is a senior this year, and it's now or never for him. Also of surprise is that the offensive line, although young, should develop into a solid group.​
    On defense, the strength is the secondary and it will certainly keep the high powered USC and Oregon attacks in check. Unless they are unable to get pressure, which is highly possible with the lack of a dominant pass rusher. Can they hold up to a strong running game?​
    This team is really not as bad as I initially thought. They do have talent, are young and should be a fun team to play. It may take a few years to get up to par, and to do this, they need to expand their pipelines. If USC stays strong, the California pipeline will be a tough one to pull players out of.​
    [​IMG]
    TEClemson53 is expected to refrain from his "Air it the fuck out" approach this year, and lean on this powerful running game. I absolutely love Wisconsin this year, and if I had a choice of a B1G Team, this would be it.​
    On offense, it all starts with HB Montee Ball, one of the best running backs in the nation. Oh yeah, they have an incredible offensive line, with 4 guys rated 88 OVR or higher. They also add Maryland transfer Danny O'brien and if guys stack the box, expect Trey to still be able to AITFO.​
    The defense is solid as well, and is led by MLB Chris Borland. This guy is a stud at MLB and will be one of the leading tacklers in the nation. This is a solid front 7 and is probably the best in the B1G. The secondary, although not as talented as the front 7, is still very, very good and CB Marcus Cromartie is a shutdown CB.​
    Trey is going to do some damage with this team this year. I don't think he has any regrets not taking Clemson. Yeah, it will be an adjustment for him on offense, but I think he has a chance to win multiple B1G titles.​
    [​IMG]
    Screwthebcs takes over at Ohio State, and this is one of the other big surprises of the draft. The spread option appealed to him, and Ohio State is as good as any in the country.​
    QB Braxton Miller will lead the attack and has a great combination of speed, strength and accuracy. He has the luxury of having a solid TE in Jake Stonebrunner who is one of the best in the country. It's highly possible Miller leads the team in rushing, and with a solid offensive line, anyone they put at HB will have success.​
    On defense, Andrew once again has the talent that he had at Virginia Tech last year. DE John Simon is a beast, and Screw proved how much he likes to cheese with the DE so expect double digit sacks out of this kid. I really like everything about this defense, including the secondary. Screw will have no problems with recruiting, and the depth will continue season after season.​
    The Buckeyes continue the trend of dominant teams in the B1G. At this point it's a tossup as to who wins this conference. It won't be a CPU team though.​
    [​IMG]
    Shane took his 2nd favorite team this year, and if anyone can return Michigan to glory, it's him. I think he is a little undecided on the offense he wants to run this year. Spring workouts have shown a lot of Denard Robinson running the ball, and experts are predicting they will run the Spread.​
    Irregardless of what offense they pick, Denard Robinson is the best QB in conference. He is incredibly strong, fast and surprisingly accurate. When they do pass the ball, expect WR Roy Rountree to get a ton of catches. He is one of the best WR in the conference and will dominate most cornerbacks. The offensive line is not nearly as talented as Ohio State or Wisconsin, so look for AJ Hart MN to recruit heavily here.​
    The Front 7 on defense is solid, but outside of DE Craig Roh, no one is as impressive as some of the other B1G squads. The defense overall, especiall the secondary is a little bit of a concern. How they will keep Wisconsin in check is a HUGE question mark. I do like SS Jordan Kovacs and look for him to make some huge hits.​
    This is a tough conference. Shane has been away from the game for awhile, and we have to wonder if he will be able to hang with Wisconsin and Ohio State. I absolutley love Denard Robinson though, and his speed can be a game changer.​
    [​IMG]
    And finally NDCOLTS1979 and his Illinois Fighting Illini. This team is a challenge, but I think Greg is up to the task.​
    On offense, it's been no secret that they are returning to smash mouth Big Ten football. Gone is the janky spread, and this team is going to "try to find the next Mendenhall." I am unsure who will be the starter here at HB, but most pundits feel it is Donovan Young. Although, he is relatively unheard of, if they are patient and stick to their approach, he could surprise everyone.​
    Defensively, they were very good last year. Although the opposition wasn't as explosive as teams from the Big 12 or PAC-12 for instance, they still put up solid stats. The front 4 will surprise a lot of people with DE Michael Buchanan leading the way. At LB, Jonathan Brown will make some noise as well and will probably lead the team in tackles. The secondary is decent, and looking at the offenses here in the B1G, I dont think they will be tested much.​
    This team is a lot better than people give credit for. Greg is a solid coach, and knows what he wants the team to look like. He needs to get a foothold on another solid pipeline state. If he does, look out.​

• Like Like x 8
  2. sonn

sonn Walk On

Great writeup.

I was planning to move the Ducks to a 3-4 this year but with the lack of depth at LB means I'll probably have to hold off until next year.

3. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I've missed these the last two months. Always an enjoy to read.

I agree with my QB situation. Whoever starts this year may not be the starter next season.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

DY definately is the go to back in the Illinois offense. Just need a couple WR to step up we are lacking there.

5. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

Awesome, looked like you nailed everyone's teams pretty well. Can't wait for the season to start, so much more excited to play as Arkansas this year than last.

6. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

cheese with the DE?! i mainly user the MLB!

7. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I think I was the only team who never had a DE with 20 sacks.

Cheese on offense > cheese on defense

8. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Nice write up PA (y)

9. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Just as you said, my defense will probably be my downfall. I can't stop anything right now and me usering guy's is just causing more damage.

10. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I might win 50 games total in this release.

11. PAgamer07

Your crazy... why is it Im the only one you talk smack to and the rest of the OD you say how bad you are?

12. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

you might be shocked but even with my O-Line and Ball, I struggle to run so far in this game still. So Danny O better be ready to "AITFO" to Abbredaris

14. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Just so we're all on the same page... he wouldn't have started if he came back to Maryland. And we suck balls.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Ryal, I swear man I got a good nights rest and I STILL don't know what you're talking about :p

16. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Our shitty little program is still about .500 all time and better than .500 since the turn of the century against Clemson...

17. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Good lord.. Nobody cares about either Clemson or Maryland lol They both suck!

• Like Like x 4
  18. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

watch your whore mouth !

19. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Go Noles!!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

Nice job on this, but you were too kind to my team. I'm really struggling against the CPU, especially on defense. I still can't run for shit either, so looks like I will live and die by the pass (or more precisely, interceptions).

21. PAgamer07

Gotta be patient, let blocking develop

22. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

That's the problem, my dudes don't block.

23. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

not sure what a/m's line is rated...but in my offline as bama on Heisman, i finished my first season with my RB stats as: 280ish carries, 1500 yds, 11 TDs...and that was from the ace and strong i forms.

and mccarron finished like 70% completion, 4000 yds, 40 tds and 12 ints. so for season two i'm uping the CPU pass defense slider to 55 and lowering the user QB accuracy to 45. i like that a great RB can run for 6 ypc with a very good oline...but the throwing was a bit much so i'll see how that goes.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012