2012 Season Review

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by BluRuin, Nov 16, 2012.

1. BluRuin

BluRuin Walk On

Hey guys, thought it would be good for everyone to post up a paragraph or 2 about their season in review. Feel free to include your off-season plans, team needs, trade rumors, and all that stuff.

The Dallas Cowboys 2012 campaign was overall, a failure. Finishing last place in the NFC East at 5-11, the Cowboys had their share of dissapointments this year. They fired their former head coach, and brought in Coach BluRuin to return the Cowboys to the top. Coach Blu did a respectable job with the Cowboys in their last 4 games, losing only 1 game, to the Washington Redskins at the end of the season. The Cowboys have all the tools necessary to compete with any team in the league next season. Coach Blu will plan to add depth to the D-Line and the Safety position in the upcoming draft. "With the team I have now, if we aren't competing for the #1 seed next season, I will have let this city down."​
    I feel this team made big strides in our last few games, and we're anxious to improve in the off-season.​

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

[​IMG]
    The Jets season started out bery promising at 11-0, but then ended with a divisional round playoff loss to the rival New England Patriots. The Jets did many positive things this year, but did not acheive their main goal. Hoist the Lombardi trophy. Coach Hiciano announced this weekend in a post-conference that changes are coming to the Jets offense this off-season. The offense stumbled down the home stretch this year. In the final 3 games the Jets' O didn't put more than 30 pts. So to make changes, Coach Hiciano is bringing in a new offensive game-plan to New York. We ran primarily a run-balanced attack last year, but that didn't give us the best chance to win. Next year we will run an offense more suited to Tebow's strengths. He add that he is putting Tim Tebow into the starting line-up and QB Mark Sanchez will be demoted to backup ,if he is not traded in the off-season. In the back field, HB Shonn Greene will not re-sign with New York. He will be released, to test out the FA Market. "We may bring Shonn back in the off-season, but we would have to pair him with another top-tier back if we were going to do so. I think that is when Shonn is most effective, when being used as a 2nd option in the running game." Only time will tell if these changes prove fruitful for New York.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  3. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

4. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

This was my first season here at RS so I came into the season wanting to just compete and build my team to make a run in season 2. I struggle with a 3-4 defense so I knew it would be difficult. I ended up finishing at 8-8 and made a huge trade to bring in future Hall of Fame QB Peyton Manning without breaking up the core of my team.

I plan on trying to fix some of the holes on my o-line, bring in a HUGE TE target or 2 for Manning, and maybe look around for a deal or 2 to get some new people on defense. I will also look to find my qb of the future.

Goal for Season 2 is the playoffs and if I get the pieces I need hopefully Arizona will be there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

This season had ups and downs from Carolina. Most were up with Cam Newton on fire the first 15 weeks of the season. The last two weeks of the season Cam fell apart with inconsistent passing but the defense stepped up strong. In Cams first playoff experience his team was out scored leading to along car ride home. After lots of tears in their beer the Carolina Panthers are trying to put the pieces together to return to the Super Bowl for the first time since the devastating loss tothe New England Patriots in 2003. Carolina is looking to draft defense heavy but if a game changing receiver is availible to line up opposite Steve Smith it may make things difficult.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

The 2012 Seattle Seahawks season might as well have been defined as the Year of the Defense. With the DL (Jason Jones) and DB (Richard Sherman) of the year in the NFC and 4 defensive starters making the Pro Bowl, it should come as no surprise that as the defense went, so went the Seahawks. Seattle claimed the NFC West crown with a 10-6 record. They did so despite scoring just 20 points per game and having the 30th ranked pass attack in the league. Marshawn Lynch still managed a decent season, rushing for 1,169 yards and 12 TDs, but overall the offense was too much of a liability and Seattle made a 1st round exit from the postseason.

It will be an interesting offseason for the 'Hawks, as they are still a relatively young team. Lynch will be 28, but Russell Wilson was just a rookie, and 3 of Seattle's top 4 WRs are all under 25. There are some veterans on the defensive side, but there shouldn't be much tweaking on that side of the ball in the offseason outside of maybe drafting a couple of depth guys for insurance. The obvious needs for Seattle are on the offensive line and a top tier WR. There could be some talent waiting to be found in the draft, but the Seahawks do have some cap space to play with. 2012 can be considered a successful season for Seattle, no doubt, but if they want to avoid treading water, the offensive issues will need to be addressed in the offseason.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

[​IMG]

Dolphins Look to Build Around AFC ROY Tannehill This Off-Season
    The Miami Dolphins were literally 10 yards away in the final game of the season when Tannehill inexplicably threw a wounded duck pass that was picked against the eventual AFC champion Patriots that cost them a playoff spot and could of cost the Patriots their playoff chances. In what is easily the toughest division in the NFL, Miami looks to be aggressive in the free agent market. They recently franchise tagged their top corner in Sean Smith and look to keep their stout defense in-tact and maybe adding one or two players in the FA market or draft to help defend the Patriots double TE attack and remain solid up front with run-help against the Bills and Jets. Don't be surprised to see Miami go after a nickle corner or an upgrade in the LOLB position.
    On the offensive side Miami will be letting go TE Anthony Fasono and probowl WR Anthony Armstrong and Brian Hartline in order to re-vamp the Dolphins inconsistent passing attack. With 30 million in cap space look for them to fill some holes in these positions or in the draft. They also need guard help, losing two guards to free agency and Coach Westcott was not openly thrilled about how rookie RT Jonathan Martin played at times last season either. So as far as the draft is concerned, you can almost count on the Dolphins to address the LG, RG and maybe the Tackle position with Miami being aggressive towards getting a WR that can make a difference right away to help out Tannehill. Also look for Coach Westcott to maybe deal Reggie Bush as well if the right deal is on the table this off-season due to a traffic jam of talent at the HB position. When asked about the draft, Westcott was obviously mum about it only saying "We will take the best player for our team that is on the board."

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Boman5

Boman5 Walk On

Texans Expect Superbowl in 2013
    [​IMG]
    Two years ago, rookie back up QB TJ Yates led the Houston Texans to their first playoff victory in franchise history. This past year, the team went 14-2, won the AFC South and made it to the AFC Championship game before falling to the Patriots. According to Coach Thomas, "We just want to get better and farther than last year." That only means one thing, the Superbowl. The Texans offense should stay in tack with a few additions to the O Line. Look for big changes on the defensive side of the ball where they were exposed in the playoff loss to the Patriots.

The Texans will be drafting for pass rushers and defensive backs to add to their big outside linebackers. Coach also added that he would love a Reggie Bush or Devin Hester type of player that can change a game with special teams play. QB Matt Schaub was a big question mark midway through the season but he pulled himself together towards the end of the year and played great in the playoffs. Although the two sides didn't agree on a new contract yet, we expect them to very soon.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  9. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

St. Louis Rams 2012
    All in all the St. Louis Rams 2012 season was a success, but Coach VanGiesen isn't at all satisfied, "These guys play hard and they play together. At the end of the day, this league is about winning championships so we have some work to do. We are going to address some team needs through free agency and the draft. We are a young team and we are going to work to take the next step. Our first goal will be to win the NFC West."​
    Team needs are plentiful...wide receiver, tight end, OL, LB, safety...many many ways the Rams can go in the draft​
    The 2013 Rams will have a slightly different look offensively, Steven Jackson will still be the focal point of the offense, but it is time for Sam Bradford to step up his play and improve the effectiveness of the passing game. The Rams defense will once again be solid next season and will continue to focus on creating turnovers and rushing the passer.​
    Expectations are once again high in St. Louis...the off-season will be very important in determining how good the 2013 St. Louis Rams will be!!​

• Like Like x 1
  10. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

PATS LOOK TO GET BACK 2 THE SHIP IN 2013!!
    In 2012 the Pats hired new Coach Varno and had a great rookie season of coaching going 11-5 in the regular season going 3-0 in the playoffs but eventually losing the Superbowl 45-42 to the Redskins. Pats look to get better through the draft and free agents. Pats looked most exposed by teams with a running game early on but later in the season got better but was exposed by their weak secondary they will look 2 improve by next season, the pats will be looking 2 get a FS and another CB and will be looking 2 get another Pass rusher to compliment chandler jones.

Although the 2012 patriots didn't win the Superbowl they completed many goals and got to where they wanted 2 be look for them 2 rebound in 2013 and compete for the AFC East Crown in a packed division.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fast Feet Pete

Fast Feet Pete Walk On

The 2012 Buccaneers had an up and down season. They had a slow start to the season losing a few close ones but then were able to turn it around towards the end finishing strong. Their running game was potent and allowed the passing game to open things up. Freeman has to work on protecting the ball next season as he had double digit turnovers throughout the season and on the other side of the ball, the young defense needs to mature quickly and get better to have a chance at a playoff run in 2013.

• Like Like x 1
  12. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

[​IMG]
    Giants Look Forward To Productive Offseason.
    After a tough loss to the Redskins in the conferance playoffs the Giants watched the superbowl from their couches, but coach Harris has big plans in New York this offseason. The Giants had a great season in the offense department, but struggled at times in the transition to the 3-4 defense. The Giants plan to cut a large majority of their roster that struggled to perform last year. Starting with the defense. Coach has his eye on a few young rookies that can hopefully step up in big situations for the giants defense. Next seasons draft should be very fun and the Giants plan to have a solid draft.

• Like Like x 1
  13. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Steelers 2012 Review & 2013 Outlook

[​IMG]

Offense: Big Ben and this offense were great in some areas and poor in others. Ben's receivers and TE Heath Miller had great years but Ben, too many INTs. As Coach nellycuz and this team figured out about halfway through the season, if you turn it over more than your opponent you're going to lose. We stepped it up after the midway point and that got us to the playoffs. Showed well in the playoffs and just came up short to the Texans. Next year we're looking to limit those INTs and rely more on our running game and defense, just like today's Steelers.
    Defense: We as a whole were not bad. Top 10 maybe overall. Need to get more talent at cornerback and safety. Having SS Troy Polamalu get injured during the first playoff game really hurt the Steelers against the Texans. Made us realize we need more depth and that's what we will do in the off-season. Against the run we were great and I was satisfied, holding a lot of good running backs to under 100 yards.
    Special Teams: Antonio Brown will continue to handle most of the kick offs and punt returns in 2013.
    2013 prediction: 10-6 Winning Division

• Like Like x 2
  14. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

Bill Clinton's (that was the coaches name when I took the team over lol) venture into NFL head coaching was nothing short of a disaster.

The team regressed into a complete mess on both sides of the ball, and by week 14 with the team standing at 3-10, Clinton abruptly retired and was replaced by Offensive Co-ordinator Jay Gruden.

Gruden hopes to restore sanity to one of the league's longest standing jokes of a franchise. Fresh off the publicity stunt of giving a former president a shot in the NFL, he will have his work cut out for him.

Gruden's name first surfaced during last off-season as a head coaching candidate around the league. Bengals' management, however, was quick to sign him to a lucrative extension after his work with QB Andy Dalton as a rookie.

Dalton regressed in his 2nd year, but Gruden remains optimistic that Andy's sophomore slump is merely an aberration and he will return to form for the coming season.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

lmao Bill Clinton.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Doc Holliday904

Doc Holliday904 Walk On

The Packers season was a disaster and complete disapointment to the league, players and its fans.

The Packers record is not a reflection of the talent on the Packers roster and Coach Holliday understands that.

" We're going to stack this roster through the draft and a little through Free agency. "

• Like Like x 1
  17. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Atlanta Falcons 2012 review/2013 Off-Season Needs

Unacceptable is what I use to describe our 2012 effort. Nothing else to say but that....so moving forward....

Dirty Birds are being aggressive in Free Agency, looking to fill positions on both sides of the ball.

#1 Priority is HB. Falcons traded away Mike Turner early on, and struggled to find any one to fit their scheme. Coach CT just spent 43000 scouting points and has 4 players that he will go after hard. With the #11 pick overall, I know who I want, just hoping he is still there.

Looking to add to my receiving core, need speed at the slot receiver and in the return game. We will also be looking for a new starting TE to replace the legend Tony Gonzales. Middle Linebacker is another need, as well as Strong Safety. The O-line can use an upgrade, in particular at the Center position.

5-11 dirty bird squad doesn't fly (Pun intended) with CT and the ATL fan based. CT has neglected the birds in favor of the wild Pack in other leagues. 2013 is gonna be a new year and a bit different

• Like Like x 1
  18. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

The Browns Focus on 2013

After a very lackluster campaign in 2012, the Browns look to regroup heading into 2013 with a game plan and personnel philosophy that hopes to prove fortuitous throughout the next few years. After clearly displaying a lack of talent on the field throughout the whole season the Browns are shopping their first overall pick right now to move down in the draft and acquire a mass amount of picks for this years and next years draft. The Browns have a few things to look forward too next season though.

On offense we are very happy to see the progression that rookies Brandon Weeden, Trent Richardson, Travis Benjamin, and Josh Gordon have made. Next year should be a breakout year for players like Greg Little and Mitchell Schwartz. On defense we feel that we are very strong overall but there is still room for massive improvement. Mainly among depth on the defensive line and backfield, and hopefully adding a big playmaker to the linebacking corps.

For 2013 the Browns look to add some more pieces to the offense to give Brandon Weeden a strong supporting cast of Wide Receivers and Tight Ends that allow him to put up some big numbers to compliment a hopefully dominant rushing attack from Trent Richardson. The defense looks to add a FS, CB, and LB while we are also looking at adding a DE depending on what the market looks like. The draft looks really weak at positions we need so hopefully we can find some late round gems that can supplement our weaker positions.

Prediction for 2013: 8-8

• Like Like x 1
  19. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

The Saints had an up and down season. To start off, the Saints competed well, especially versus good competition. It seemed that the teams the Saints lose to, they somehow pulled it off; however, the team seemed to overlook 'easier' opponents. This story continued throughout most of the season, and ended with a losing streak. The Saints and Drew Brees were very disappointed with their season and are looking to get younger in the draft and look to compete with Carolina next season for the top spot in the NFC South!

• Like Like x 1