2012 Sim Nation Directory

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Brogowicz, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I'm new to the group and want to get to know the guys I'll be competing against for the next 12 months (or more). I thought it would be worthwhile to start a league directory post where everyone shares a little bit about themselves.

Originally From
    Now Lives In
    College Affiliation
    Team Choice
    Player Level (How strong is your game?)

2. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Originally From:
    Detroit - I grew up near Detroit and lived there until I left for college.

Now Lives In:
    San Diego - I have lived here since 1999. I think it's an incredible place to live, but the football culture out here doesn't compare to what I grew up with in the midwest.

34 - I'm married with two young boys (2 & 1)

Software Developer - I have my own consulting practice, which allows me to work flexible hours from home (and play football when I should be working).

College Affiliation:
    Michigan State, Class of '98

Team Choice:
    Michigan State - For the first time in a long time, the Spartans start with some quality talent.

Player Level (How strong is your game?):
    My game is solid. I love the competition that online play provides and usually knock down about 100 games in online lobby play. I'll usually win 60% of those and find myself in the top 1000-2000. Although the competition is strong, the sportsmanship (in online lobby play) is horseshit, so I strongly prefer to play head-to-head games in my online dynasties. In those, I usually win about 75% of my H2H games and regularly compete for titles. I take recruiting very seriously and always manage to put together an top-notch program.

3. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Originally From

Born in Oklahoma on a Air Force base. My entire family is from south Florida since they came from the Bahamas a generation back.

Now Lives In

South Florida. Palm Beach Gardens to be exact. Been here since i was 2 or so and will most likely never leave....I live in paradise

Occupation

I am the every man at a upscale condo on Palm Beach Island. If they need it i find it lol

College Affiliation

Spent some time at Palm Beach State College where i am a few credits short of my AA...Was destine to be a Gator until family business called. We have 12 Alumni Gators in my immediate family to say we bleed orange and blue is a given.

Team Choice

GatorNation

Never thought about this before. Guess i would consider myself a solid player. Lots of my games are close and hard fought. I like to play a SEC style of grind it out on both sides of the ball. So many times one possession counts heavily

Extras

I don't have any kids got a couple pit bulls to hold me over lol. Live a stress free life in a great place. With a supportive family network and a strong friend bond with my 2 buddies who I have known since 5. Appreciate every day given to me and do my best to live life with nothing but Love in my heart. Is a pleasure to be a part of TSO and able to compete with a class act group of gentlemen. Best wishes to you and yours in the Sim Nation. Look forward to a long relationship threw many game releases with you 11.

4. bdub

bdub Walk On

Originally From:
    Palm Desert California

Now Lives In:
    Salt Lake City Utah - My parents moved us here when I was in High School and I love it. If you are into doing stuff outdoors there is no better place to live.

30 - Been married for 6 years and have 2 daughters, 5 and 2 years old.

I work at a major financial firm managing a group of traders that trade stocks for our clients.

College Affiliation:
    University of Utah class of '02

Team Choice:
    University of Utah - With the Utes moving into the PAC 12 the Utes finally have a chance to gain real respect.

Player Level (How strong is your game?):
    My game is solid. My h2h games are usually decided by a touchdown or less and while I don't win all of them I win a good amount.

5. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Originally From:Arkansas
    Now Lives In: still here!
    I work at Bryce corp, it's a factory that makes chip bags. It sounds lame but it's am easy job to get paid 17 dollars an hour. I am in the process of taking classes to move into front office management. Although it is taking awhile.

College Affiliation:
    I've taken classes at Arkansas st...asi said above I'm still in that process but slower now that I have this full time job

Team Choice:ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS....a fan all my life. And then a few sec teams like Florida follow. I hate auburn....but who doesn't now. Stanford grew on me last season, mostly because I played as them in bfr.

I'm mediocre, I go on win streaks then I go on horrible losing streaks. I try my best not to use money plays at all. And it usually ends up in me losing a lot. Hopefully with zone coverage getting fixed that will help a lot on that aspect

Extra: with this job I have the schedule is kind of goofy. It's really good for NCAA one week and the next week a little tight. Heres what it looks like

7pm-7am
    Week A workdays: Wednesday Thursday

Week B Mon, Tues, Fri, sat, sun.

Course I'll have a few hours between on my work days to play. Just a heads up on that aspect for you guys

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Originally From: Toledo, OH. But I grew up down south as a small kid.

Now Lives In: Columbus, OH.

Occupation: Underpaid and exploited English Professor. I write for a number of publications, also.

College Affiliation: Buckeye through and through. Graduated (3 times) from Ohio U (Bobcats, not Buckeyes) and now work for branch campuses of both schools.

Team Choice: Ohio State

Player Level (How strong is your game?): I'd say I'm a pretty tough out. I've won a number of titles since I started here in '09, but my sim-junkiness always wins out over my competitive spirit. I leave the gimmicks in the bag, even if it means taking a loss, and it has meant several. I'll try to run you right out of the stadium, but I try to do it with a well executed and diverse gameplan, not a rotating set of money plays. You'll get all you want and more in the 'Shoe, but your best game can get you a win. I ain't no robot or stick jock.

7. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

• Born & Raised: Pawtucket, Rhode Island
    • Presently Reside: Providence, Rhode Island
    • Years Young: 30
    • Occupation: I'm a Clinical Supervisor at a vocational center for adults with autism and also a graduate student.
    • College Affiliation: There isn't a lot of college football talk in Rhode Island, or even New England for that matter. However, there is some Boston College love around here; but as a PC Friars fan, I just can't be a part of that. As a result, I root for (most) Big East programs to do well, but not too well.
    • Team Choice: JCA and I decided to play in the same conference because we bring the best out of eachother (we never let eachother slack with game-play or board participation). Once he opted for the Huskies, I wanted a PAC-12 team that was a bit under the radar, but capable of big things under strong leadership. I'm excited to be leading the Arizona State Sun Devils.
    • Playing Ability: In terms of overall gameplay, I'm probably slightly above average, but I'll try to out-work you. I do my home work, I stay unpredictable, and I'm quick to pick up on opponent tendancies. When I'm on my game, you'll have no idea what's coming your way offensively. I pride myself on being a pure sim player - 3/5/7 yard drop-backs, downhill running, and realistic/varied play-calling - but there's always room for growth. I look forward to enhancing my game in this regard even further in '12.

8. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Originally from state college, pa
    Presently live in a small, charming south carolina town where forrest gump was filmed.
    Occupation: head high school football coach, assistant ad, and sex ed teacher (my degree is in social studies ed) I also write for some preseason college football publications.
    College affiliation: I played at a d2 school in pa, but my heart lies with joepa, I also follow south carolina because of the free tickets I get for every game.
    Team choice: for balance of the league I am going with south carolina, but my heart is in happy valley, look for that as my dream job here. But in the mean time usc is a great option they remind me of psu in 94 minutes the great tightend; they have a three headed offensive attack in garcia, lattimore, and jeffries that reminds me of collins, carter, and ingram.
    Player ability; I'm okay, I haven't ever been blown out in a sim style game, but I have lost to some good players. I have challenged for a title and would love to win one, but I have grown to be a sim style player and believe in life that success with honor is the way to live each day.

9. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Originally From: San Diego, CA

Now Lives In: Back in San Diego. Went to the University of Portland for 4 years to play soccer, didn't like living in the rain when my playing days were up, so I moved back to the sunshine.

Occupation: Video Editor: Currently working as a Contractor for a Regional Maintenance Center for the Navy, making Training Videos for the Ordering System. High School Coach: Football, Basketball, and Track. Entering my 7th year of coaching. I love working with the kids.

College Affiliation: University of Portland for 4 years, then transferred to USD and graduated from there.

Team Choice: University of Washington. My cousin played for the Huskies in the late 80's and I always looked up to him, so U-Dub along with Michigan are my 2 favorite college teams. One of my earliest memories of watching football with my dad was watching Michigan play Ohio State and I liked Michigan's uniforms. Have been a fan ever since.

Player Level (How strong is your game?) I'm decent, managed to win an NC last year in Saturday Heroes, but was never more than an also ran in Cream of the Crop. Snuck my way into a BCS Championship Game in Year 2 over there, but was routed by JFunk and his Crimson Tide and I was never able to make it back again.

10. Goose

Goose Walk On

Originally From Ravenna, Ohio
    Now Lives In Same
    Age 27
    Occupation Officially Shipping Manager, but I do all the A/P's, A/R's, Inventory control, and some Purchasing for a Polyurethane Machining Plant. We build machines that mix and shoot foam for car seats, dashboards, Urethane coverings for bowling balls, golf balls, a wide variety of stuff.
    College Affiliation Graduated Kent State '10 B.A in Accounting
    Team Choice Born and bred a Buckeye fan, really enjoyed playing as Nebraska last season, but we'll lace it up with Wisconsin this year.
    Player Level (How strong is your game?) I'd say I'm fairly good, I've won more user games than I've lost, I believe I'm one of the few if not only guy to make it to the NC game in SimNation/TDL. Lost both games looking to rebound in '12. I've been playing video games almost as long as I can remember and really like it here.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Big D

Big D Walk On

Originally From: Lincoln, WA 67740_1540263140215_1044007651_31300770_7615422_n.jpg 241071_1890791063194_1044007651_31817921_740804_o.jpg A small small community outside of Spokane, WA on Lake Roosevelt, which stretches 160 miles from central Washington up into Canada.

Now Lives In: New Orleans, LA. Technically Metairie LA, which is about 10 minutes from downtown NOLA.

Occupation: I work for the New Orleans Saints radio network, the LSU Tigers Radio Network, and WWL Radio as an Account Executive. I also do lots of radio and some TV play by play sportscasting for high school and small college basketball and football.

College Affiliation: Washington State University, class of 2006. I'm a die hard Wazzu Coug. I bleed crimson and cry gray. The football program was such a proud one when I went there. . .making it to the Rose Bowl, Holiday Bowl, and Sun Bowl. . .and defeating Texas in a classic game in the Holiday Bowl when Texas was ranked #3. We've fallen on really hard times and the basketball program has taken over as the top draw in Pullman.

Team Choice: Wazzu! Going to be a tough tough road for me, but in this league I'll just be happy playing as my Cougs. Winning will be totally secondary, at least in the first 3-5 seasons.

Player Level (How strong is your game?): I am a Madden player first and foremost. Back when the site had rankings up I was TSO's #1 ranked Madden player. In the OMFL my record for Madden 11 is 55-6. And keep in mind that every one of those is a user v. user game. OK now that I'm done bloviating, lol, let me say that I absolutely do NOT think that this will translate to NCAA. I played in Bowlin for Roses last year and won the BCS Title my first year at Penn State, but then moved to WSU and just got shellacked for 2 years...I think winning 6 games each season. So in a nutshell, you can expect for me to make our games a challenging as I can with my on field talent limitations.

Extras: I work M-F 7am-5pm CST. . .so my availability usually is M-F 6p-9p...and Sa-Su mornings or afternoons.

12. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Originally From - Dearborn, MI

Now Lives In - Murfreesboro, TN... I was asked to move to Janesville, WI with work in 2006, stayed there for two years, and was asked to move down to middle Tennessee to help with another plant. I've enjoyed the moving around, but Janesville, WI is about the last place I'd ever want to live ever again. No offense to anyone out there that may have some love for Janes-Vegas. My wife and I love it here in TN, but I really can't wait for the opportunity to move back to the Detroit area. Spring through Fall in Michigan are my favorite, but that winter is not exactly something I miss much...

Age - 29

Occupation - Quality Control Manager for a tier 1 automotive supplier. We build seats for OEM's. Luckily we've leaned out a bunch so we only run production on 1 shift, and ship to our customer JIT on 2 shifts, so my evenings are relatively free.

College Affiliation - University of Michigan graduate, class of 2005

Team Choice - University of Michigan. I grew up going to games. My earliest memories with my family were tailgating at the tennis courts in Ann Arbor with my grandparents. I've been very lucky to have seen some of the great games in Michigan Stadium in the past 20 years. Jim Harbaugh to Denard Robinson... Cool to really think about.

Player Level (How strong is your game?) - I'd say I can hang with the upper 80% of the guys around here. I was able to build up the Lions to win PMFL's Super Bowl in season 3 this last year for Madden, and I've been lucky enough to build up a good run with my Wolverines in the Pride for a couple seasons. I believe JCA's kicked my tail multiple times in the various leagues we've crossed paths in, but I'd like to think I can hang with the best. My down fall really is that I try too hard to play like my team plays in real life, which obviously can be detrimental in certain situations (i.e. - Gunther Cunningham's loving of the blitz in Madden or GERG Robinson's 3-3-5 defense last year).

13. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Foam for car seats???? No way... In Ravenna, OH... Did you supply Lear Lordstown or Setex Ohio??? You work for Woodbridge or Bridgestone?

14. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Doesn't really count, the only time(s), not sure if it was more than once, you were new in the league and I had been with my team for 4 years. I'm sure you'll get your revenge here (y)

15. Goose

Goose Walk On

Our plant is in Cuyahoga Falls, just north of Akron, we build the machines that do the mixing. We've sold a bunch to Lear, Renosol, Delphi and others.

16. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for contributing their stories. I'm a big fan of rivalries and it is my belief that rivalries require time to develop and some knowledge about your opponent. Knowing that Smooth is an honest to goodness Wolverines fan will make me want that W that much more. And while I know that our hoops team shit the bed this year, I very much like our chances of knocking down our 4th straight win over Big Blue when we host them in East Lansing in mid-October.

17. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Just get the f off my court, alright? Lol... The best ever.