2012 Sim Standard Pre-Season Tournament (Single Elimination)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by RRAHx2, Aug 31, 2012.

1. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

I thought it would be a good idea to do a pre-season tournament while we are all anxiously awaiting the start of our league. A couple other leagues are doing them and they are going great. This will help us all get a feel for the skill of our co-owners as well as help to liven up the forums and user activity. There is no prize for winning other than bragging rights, and smack talk. Competing in this tournament is 100% OPTIONAL! I say again 100% OPTIONAL.
    If you won't have time over the next week or just don't want to get whooped on :eek: before the season starts that is perfectly fine. If you choose not to compete reply to the thread stating such and your opponent will automatically advance to the next round. However, ALL OWNERS MUST INDICATE WHETHER THEY WILL COMPETE OR NOT BELOW. The seeding was completely randomized and has no affiliation to team rank or rating. I made sure no team will play another team from their own division in the first 2 rounds, for competitions sake, but after that all bets are off. Enough talking, here are the rules:

Tournament Rules:
    - Advance will be 72 hours for the first round and every 48 for the rest (quick turnover to make sure this tournament is done before our season starts)
    - Gameplay/ Game Settings rules will be the same as season play: http://onlinedynasty10.webs.com/rules.htm
    • All - Pro Difficulty
    • 8 Minute Quarters
    - No restriction to Offensive or Defensive Playbook in this tournament. Use any team's playbook you like.
    - Home team will be the higher seed.
    - If you are not able to get in contact with your opponent through the forum or XBL post that here and if still no word by deadline you will advance.
    - Winning team MUST post final score in THIS thread. I don't need a novel, just something as simple as:

Round:
    Winning Team: Score
    Losing Team: Score

This will make it easy for me to update the bracket.

Here is a link to the bracket.

Feel free to also use the "Game Scheduling" thread to get in contact with your opponent. Be advised, next to the team name I listed the Owner's TSO User Name, that is not the XBL GT! Let's have fun and get these games started.

AZURE, I was unable to find the owner info for the Chargers and Giants so if you have that I will update the bracket, thanks.

MGovier
    ThatCoolBlackGuy
    SeanSemps
    pollux2
    ZCar352
    brizz98
    Singlewinghog
    JavierJAlen
    QJBeat
    raveneff
    Dboi313bad
    OptimusMagnum
    charter04
    BrownsTillDeath
    KaoticWVUFan7
    clutchology101
    Dtown
    bruno_sardine
    XLenceofXQtion
    AzureEffect
    bestactaround
    stryder24
    COACH RUCKUS
    Dboyfresh209
    JSimms
    MrWitness36
    sschevyridah
    SimFBallCritic
    Anthrax78

Bracket last updated 09/07

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bruno_sardine

bruno_sardine Walk On

I'm in

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

4. raveneff

raveneff Walk On

im in fo sho!!!!11 lol :)

In all seriousness I was thinking about wanting to do something like this yesterday while i was at work. Frigging awesome

• Like Like x 1
  5. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

6. bestactaround

bestactaround Walk On

7. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I can't this week end. I'm out of town.

8. Reickross

Reickross Walk On

Sounds good to me

9. Dboyfresh209

Dboyfresh209 Walk On

I'm down, my phone hasn't been updating so I just found about this today but I'm in

10. sschevyridah

sschevyridah Walk On

11. RRAHx2

Alright cool thanks for the quick response guys. I will send out an XBL message to make sure the other members are aware of the tournament.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  12. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

SimFBallCritic and I will be playing tonight. I know you were going to advance in 72 for this round so if that's still cool, he or I will post the winning score this eveing on the thread.

13. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

"AZURE, I was unable to find the owner info for the Chargers and Giants so if you have that I will update the bracket, thanks."

Currently updating as we speak. The google Doc should be up to date and finding a new Dolphins & Titans Owner.

14. sschevyridah

sschevyridah Walk On

Hey ill take the Titans. I currently have the Rams. havent played my game yet bc the user awol. if thats possible.

15. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

If the guy I contacted about the Titans does not respond, then I will switch you over no problem. Ill let you know.

16. sschevyridah

sschevyridah Walk On

cool

17. bruno_sardine

bruno_sardine Walk On

I was just tasked with a huge project at work, so XLenceofXQtion can advance for our game and I will take the loss. Good luck!

18. bestactaround

bestactaround Walk On

I still have to play azure

19. RRAHx2

Yeah due to Labor Day weekend I have no problem extending it a day or 2, I have heard a couple of owners have been MIA so if I don't hear from them by tonight I'll update the bracket tonight.

20. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

We can play tonight at some point, preferably BEFORE the NYG/Dal game...lol

21. raveneff

raveneff Walk On

has anyone hear from QJBeat if he is doing the tourney?

22. RRAHx2

Alright guys, I let the first round go a little longer because of the holiday weekend. However, we have to keep the tourney moving. Tomorrow 09/06 at 11:59pm CST the tourney will be advancing to the 2nd round. I have messages from those who have been trying to schedule games with their opponent, so if the game isn't played they will get the advance. Get your games in tonight or tomorrow fellas. If you are not participating please let me know, so I don't have to keep messaging everyone to figure whos in or out. Thanks.

23. raveneff

raveneff Walk On

I just got a hold of QJ on twitter and let him know about it. Dunno if he is joining yet or not

*He is in, we are playing our game tomorrow evening.*

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  24. Reickross

Reickross Walk On

Yeah im still confused as to who the giants owner is that im supposed to be playing round 1.

25. RRAHx2

You are the Chargers owner I take it then? If so, I will automatically advance you since you have no one to play.