2012 Team Limits

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Jun 8, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

With the team rankings and prestige information that Helli captured at E3 and posted it on the main page, what do you guys think about limiting the schools we can take to say 5 stars or less?

And don't get pissy with me, I just thought I'd ask.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Given the fact that 33% of the chosen teams are 6*s I'd say that's a bad idea.

3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Of course I would not have a huge problem with this.

4. GoGators

Haha, if you were Michigan you wouldn't be saying this.

5. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

I agree with Jello...not against it at all :)

6. GoGators

I think you're contradicting yourself here....

7. jello1717

It's too late. He already agreed with me.

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

The only cpu teams that have a chance of competing with us for the length of the dynasty are the 6 star programs. In Night Owls, USC was user controlled the very first season, but since has been a cpu team (we're in year 7). They are still a A- overall team and have beaten a user team almost every year, although I think they've dropped to a 5 star team.

9. jello1717

of course the issue is that we have LSU spoken for (by two guys), USC was claimed months ago, Alabama is claimed, and Oregon is taken (even if Gators gives them up someone else has already claimed them).

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    As much as I hate to say it, Dakota has a point for long term CPU viability. If the majority of the gameplay and recruiting are not changing much it sounds like that would be the best advantage to give to the CPU.

11. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'm all for it. T1 is doing the same thing for next year.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GoGators

I'm for it.

Dibs on Northwestern!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I am either way. If we go with not using 6 star programs I would then want either ND, FSU, or UGA.

I would say we all go for 3 star programs though so I can play with Rutgers. I had so much fun playing with Savage and Sanu, and even won a NC with them in Season 2 of RMG. I like it when everyone starts off with the same prestige level so that we all are on an even level with recruiting. In my experience it is no fun to take a 3 star team and by year 4 or 5 your still getting your face kicked in by a user with OSU just because they have a stacked team.

I have been thinking about it more lately that with the commish having full control over scheduling, it shouldn't be a problem with having uneven conferences. As long as you have your 4 scheduled user-games, things will be fine.

14. jello1717

If we're keeping our conference setup, then you can't have NW as MSU and UofM are both claimed.

15. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

your right I did, and im taking it back @jello1717.....its Suge that I was agreeing with

16. GoGators

We already discussed we could move the divisions around a bit since they are brand new :)

17. GoGators

I don't think we can limit anything more than 5 stars and lower because as Jello pointed out, then things can get a big dicey. Perhaps a good way of doing it is just by eliminating the powers from each conference. As an example:

Big 10

Ohio St
    Penn St
    Nebraska
    Iowa
    Michigan
    Michigan St
    Wisconsin
    Purdue
    Northwestern
    Indiana
    Illinois
    Minnesota

Pac-12 (not sure who the 4th powerful team would be. I'd say one of the CA schools because of the recruiting advantage)

Oregon
    USC
    Stanford
    Cal
    UCLA
    Ariz St
    Arizona
    Utah
    Colorado
    Oregon St
    Washington
    Washington St

SEC

Florida
    Alabama
    Auburn
    LSU
    Georgia
    Tennessee
    So Carolina
    Vanderbilt
    Miss St
    Arkansas
    Ole Miss
    Kentucky

Teams in red are not available to users.

18. dakota7

Iowa?

19. jello1717

In this list, some could certainly argue that Wisconsin and MSU belong in that list as well as So. Car.

20. GoGators

Trying to keep it even by picking the top 4 schools in the conferences. It could be Iowa or Wisconsin as the 4th. I thought I'd do you a favor by keeping Wisconsin available but if you want to call me out for it...... :)

21. GoGators

I would disagree because those are both 4 star schools. That's not exactly the top pedigree of programs. The top schools are 6 star programs that recruit nationally and will be dominant from the get go. So Carolina has a strong roster right now but they'll be difficult to maintain at that level with only a 4 star prestige and a small recruiting base like So Carolina to pull from.

By MSU I assume you mean Michigan State and there's no way they are a top tier program in this current game. As you noted yourself, Michigan has better ratings than MSU does to start. Plus they have a similar recruiting problem as So Carolina. No national pull and a small backyard to choose from.

22. dakota7

If you want balance, the 4th team should be from nebraska's division. Michigan or msu. Osu and psu are 6 stars with wisconsin.

23. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Like I said before, we might as well just cut out both 5 and 6 star programs. This would make it ultra competitive. If guys don't want to cut out 5 star teams also, then we should just then keep it at limiting the 6* programs.

The reason I am all for cutting out 5* programs is that the CPU will have a pretty good head start on us in recruiting. A lot of 5*'s can recruit right there with 6*'s and there has always been a drop off between 4 and 5's. Take for instance UGA in '11, as soon as they get that 6th star, they are like Bama when it comes to available recruits. I just don't see it being fair to allow someone to take UGA while everyone else has to settle for teams like Miss st or Arkansas.

24. GoGators

Taking the SEC and eliminating 5 stars as well that leaves:

(2 teams from each)

East

Tennessee
    So Car
    Kentucky
    Vanderbilt

West

Miss St
    Arkansas
    Ole Miss

I really don't think you could find 4 people happy to play in this conference with those teams.

25. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

So eliminating 1 team out of the SEC is making that big of a difference?

Let me correct myself while I am at it, Neb would be excluded too from the big ten.