2012 Team Previews:

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Twister18, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Please put your team previews in this thread. I will work on mine tonight.

2. charter04

charter04 Walk On

UCLA 2012

Coached by Charter04 (Charles Henderson)

Offense- Arkansas (pro)
    Defense- 4-3

UCLA starts out in a down time in their storied history. They are coming off a 6-8 season and haven't won ten games in a season sense 2005. Coach Henderson wants to change that. UCLA is in a great location and have a great tradition so there is potential to get this program back among the elite in the nation.

Key offensive players and 2011 stats

23 RB Johnathan Franklin 976 yards and 5 TD's

8 TE Joseph Fauria 481 yards and 6 TD's

Coach Henderson runs a pro style offense and is still uncertain of who will be his starting QB. He prefers pocket passers and UCLA is stocked with scrambling QB's. 12 Richard Brehaut is the leader at this time.

Key Defensive players and 2011 stats

42 LB Patrick Larimore 81 tkl 1 sack

7 FS Tevin McDonald 56 tkl 3 int

UCLA will rebuilding this year but, Coach Henderson still wants to make the Rose Bowl this teams goal. We will see.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

[​IMG]

Coached by Batman

Offense: Stanford (pro)
    Defense: 4-3

Coming off their 2nd consecutive bowl win, a win over UCLA now headed by charter04, the Illini set their sights on bigger and better things. With all of the turmoil in the Big Ten, the Illini look to make a run for the conference championship. Don't scoff, because they have the talent to do it. Illinois brings back much of their offense that led them to a 7-6 record (after the 6-0 start) as well as one of the top defenses in points against.

Coach Batman is expected to use a power offense, so expect the Illini HBs to get a workout. However, Nathan Scheelhaase has the ability to beat teams with both his feet and his arm - so defenses cannot sleep on him either.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

[​IMG]

2012 Oregon Ducks Football Preview

Head Coach: Akili Smith
    Offense: Ohio State PB
    Scholarships: 14

Offense
    The Ducks are known for their high octane, up tempo, spread them out, explosive offense. Expect Coach Smith to carry on this tradition with the abundance of playmakers at his disposal. The play caller will be first year starter rsSO Bryan Bennett, who should fit nicely into the spread QB mold as a proven dual threat at Spring camp. Bennett is surrounding by plenty of weapons highlighted by RB's rsSRKenjon Barner and SO DeAnthony Thomas. Expect to see Thomas play multiple positions and on special teams in an attempt to get this young playmaker the ball. The wideouts are lead by JR Josh Huff and SR Rashaan Vaughn. The O-line is experiance with 3 SR starters anchored by LG rsSR Carson York.

Defense
    The defensive strength is the LB core with returning OLB's rsSR Dion Jordan and SR Michael Clay leading the group. The defensive line is solid but inexperianced. They should have plenty of help from the back 7. The secondary and defensive play caller is lead by rsSR FS John Boyett. There are plenty of game changers on the defensive side of the ball, which will strive on creating turnovers.

Outlook
    This years Ducks team is primed for a BCS title run or will they just be paper champs. Oregon's biggest obsticle will come from Stanford who is lead by there new coach G Money. A 10 win season is very attainable and if the Cardinal hurdle can be overcome, Oregon could be flirting with a date to Miami.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

2012 Stanford Cardinals

Offense: Cal...Customized for GMONEYS Smash mouth style of offense. :D
    Defense: 4-3...Customized for GMONEYS Style of HARD NOSED in your mommas face Defense :D

GMONEY15 has taken over the Stanford Cardinals football team that had a very good season last year. Coach David Shaw has departred for the NFLs Cleveland Browns as well as 8 players who got drafted in the NFL. What will GMONEY 15 do?

Andrew luck is now in the NFL. Taking over for him will be SOPH QB Brett Nottingham. There's enormous pressure on Brett to lead Stanford to another successful season here in 2012. He will be handing the ball off to SR RB Stepfan Taylor who is looking for back to back 1000 yard seasons. SR WR'S Drew Terrell and Jamal Patterson will form 2 of the experienced set of receivers in the PAC 12.

On the defensive side of the ball, it's all about the LB's. SR Chase Thomas and JR Trent Murphy are All American candidates. They will lead a defense that lost starters to the NFL draft last season. However, they know that coach GMONEY is always talking about flying to the ball and hit anything that moves across the middle and that big things are expected on the Cardinals defensive side of the ball.

Coach GMONEY 15 had this to say to the media.

" This team needs work on both sides of the ball. I'm not sure why we are ranked 20th in the Nation. If I was to rank this team now, we would be fucking ranked 250 out of 251 teams in the nation. We need to get our act together before we kick off our season. We have a tough ass confrence we are playing in. Oregon as well as USC are top 5 teams in the Nation as of the moment. if we were to play any of them right now, they would kick our Ass. We will do 3 a days for the next several days and I hope this team can show some meaness before the season kicks off. I'm done talking now so get these mics out of my dam face."

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    2012 MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS

After making millions as a R&B recording artist, Reece Mills has decided to take some time off from making R&B albums and go back to his roots, where he was known more by his NCAA football acumen and winning multiple NCAA championships in tradition. Michigan State, who was looking for a new coach, decided to take a big time risk on Reece, who hasn't coached in 10 years but has followed the sport closely.

OFFENSE
    Coach Reece Mills has always been the type to rely more on his quarterback play more than anything else. He comes into the program with two guys who can anchor the QB position for the next 4 years as he tries to gather more talent at the spot. JR-QB Andrew Maxwell (86) is the starter and he brings poise and very good accuracy to spread the ball around thefield like Coach wants. FR-QB Connor Cook (80) is a kid who can become a big time collegiate QB with already excellent accuracy as he continues to improve his game. Helping out the QB's are a nice stable of backs, primarily centered around two thunder-types in JR LeVeon Bell (90) and SR Larry Capel (85). Both guys are primarily in-between the tackle runners who display tons of strength, power and plenty of ability to break tackles. These guys will give Maxwell a chance to do lots of play-action type plays as teams look to keep the big boys from taking over a game. He will be relying heavily on two SO-WR's Keith Mumphrey (83) and Tony Lippett (82) as well as JR-TE Dion Sims (83). These guys are more possession type guys but have the ability to get open. The offensive line is very balanced and features two SR's, two JR's and a SO-C that will anchor the offense.

DEFENSE
    When talking about the Michigan State defense, it has to start with all-world DE, JR- William Gholston (94). Now being a Gholston (and having no relation to Vernon Gholston, the flame out from Ohio State) there's some doubts at what he can do at the next level but right now he's one of the top DE's in the nation. He anchors a pretty good defensive line. The linebackers feature two impact kids in JR-MLB Max Bullough (88) and JR-ROLB Denicos Allen (91) and they both are terrors who love to wreck havoc all over the field. The secondary features a future NFL shutdown CB in SR Johnny Adams (94). He leads a rather pedestrian group here as far as the other CB's go but JR-SS Isaiah Lewis (84) and SO-FS Kurtis Drummond (79) give the secondary enough oomph to hopefully contain some high powered passing attacks.

OUTLOOK
    This team has a lot of promise and potential to big things. We have some small holes here and there and we just hope they don't flare up at the wrong times and against the bigger teams we will play this season. Overall, we do expect a high bowl bid and at least a Big 10 championship run.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

[​IMG]
    Coach Harvey Wallbanger (Papa Perry) shocked the world when he took over a struggling Maryland Terps job instead of going to Sweet Home Alabama. When asked as to why he took the job he said he wants the challenge and he intends on turning this long road to victory into a short one. Coach Wallbanger has been known to take tough jobs before just to find hisself back in T-town but I have a hunch this will be a different story.​
    Offensive Playbook - Maryland​
    Defensive Playbook - Multiple D​
    Offense
    The offense will be led by the man who chased Danny O'Brien off to Wisconsin, rsJR CJ Brown. Brown was inconsistent in the passing game but made a lot of plays with his feet last season rushing for nearly 600 yards and 5 TD. The rushing attack will be supported by SO Justus Pickett who only managed to get 274 yards and 1 TD on the ground last season as a true freshmen. He will be backed up by true freshman Wes Brown who most expect to do work right away. The good news for the air attack is that 3 of their for receiving leaders from last year return. rsSR Kevin Dorsey will be the team's #1 WR and rightfully so being a very physical sure-handed receiver. rsSR Kerry Boykins is another sure-handed WR but the size isn't there so he will be expected to use his elusiveness to make plays. rsSR TE Matt Furstenburg is a playmaker at his position. The kid can go up and get anything, even while being hit. The guy expected to be the X-factor for the Terps is true frosh Stefon Diggs. He's a burner that will start his career in the slot but Coach Wallbanger has already commented that they will use any means necessary to get the ball in his hands. The offensive line is young. The 3 oldest starters are rsJR and a rsFR is starting on the right side.​
    Defense
    Anyone that personally knows Coach Wallbanger knows that this is where he wants his team to succeed in every game. rsSR Joe Vellano and rsSO Andre Monroe will be at DE surrounding rsSR NT AJ Francis. The defensive line isn't size-wise what Coach Wallbanger is used to but it should get the job done. The linebackers on this team are gonna be what keeps this team out of trouble though. They are led by rsSR Kenny Tate who will be anchoring the SAM position and turning into a pass rusher when needed. With his combination of speed and power, opposing QBs should be afraid. rsSR Demetrius Hartsfield and rsSO LA Goree will be in the MIKE and WILL positions respectively. The JACK position goes to SR Darin Drakeford. A fierce competitor and tough matchup for any offensive linemen. rsJR Dexter McDougle and JR Isaac Goins will be the starters at CB but will need to play above expectations to keep this team in contention to win. SR Eric Franklin and rsSO Matt Robinson have the S positions and both are very well at what they do. Robinson is a bruiser at SS and Franklin can do it all at the FS spot.​
    Special Teams
    The starting kicker will be rsSO Michael Tart. While his leg is somewhat strong, he'll still need the offense to get to the 35 for him to hit the field. rsFR Nathan Renfro will see a lot of action if the Terps can't get Tart into range. Another guy with a weaker leg so he'll have to rely on his punt team to keep him out of the dog house. We mentioned Stefon Diggs earlier and he will be the one taking over all return duties. With his speed and ability to make guys miss, he will be a candidate for returner of the year.​
    Outlook
    The first year is usually the hardest for a coach that doesn't have exactly what he needs. With a trap game at Temple the first week among other tough road games, 7-5 would be a huge step for this team.​

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Coach: Gene Hackman
    Career: 0-0
    Offense: USC custom
    Defense: TBD
    Stadium: Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (93, 607)
    [​IMG]
    Offense
    This unit has all the potential to be one of the most explosive offenses in the game. First round draft shue in and Heisman hopefull, Matt Barkley, decided to return for his senior year. Having Barkley throwing to Robert Woods and flashy Marquis Lee, possibly the best WR tandem in the country, should leave DBs scratching their heads and checking their ankles during most games. The running game will be a focal point of Hackmans offense as well. This team will look to run a balanced attack. Hackman wants to be physical in the trenches and wear teams down, but he also recognizes his teams strenghts and will not be shy in using them. RB Curtis McNeal will be the teams starter, but he better be ready to fend off So. D.J. Morgan.
    Defense
    This defensive unit is not packed with offensive talent like the offense, but it is not short of athletes by any means. This unit will be achored by team captains Jr. CB Nickell Robey and Sr. FS TJ McDonald. Robey is a lock down corner who has started every game since he arrived at USC. This is a type of corner that can take pressure of struggling D-linemen. The LBs are a solid bunch, but nothing flashy. Hackman plans to push them as far as he can. He wants physical, Hard hitting, monsters out on the field and plans to get that out of his starters. Hackman stated, "This defense doesnt have the speed of the SEC, Yet, but we will be the most physical team out on that field."
    Outlook
    The offense is built for the National Championship. It is loaded with future NFL talent. The area for concern is the defense. It wont be really overpowering, but Hackman is very creative and is good at matching up with the offense. He should put his defense in the right situations where than can succeed. All there is to see is how this team adapts to their new coach. Its hard to tell if a team will take to a coach's ways until the first game is played. Week one will definitely be a test because USC will host rival Notre Dame. Gene Hackman better have them ready to play because that game should be a tough one.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Michigan Preview

Offense: Custom (Spread/pistol)

Offense:
    The Wolverines will be implementing a new style of offense that will showcase Denard Robinson's entire skill set. With the backfield consisting of Robinson, Fitzgerald Toussaint, Vincent Shaw and Stephen Hopkins the Michigan run game should cause opponents all kinds of problems. The Wolverines also have some capable wideouts that will make defenses stay honest or they will torch them. The online is a solid group that can run an pass block very well.

Defense:
    The defense is led by MLB Kenny Demens and SS Jordan Kovacs. The defense isn't exactly where the coach wants it but through recruiting they will get there.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  10. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Listing your offense as custom helps a lot. Lol. Custom wing-t or custom spead. ;)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  11. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

That's for me to know and you to find out smartass. What part of flesh out later didn't you understand?

12. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I'm just trying to keep up around here. I thought I would add my own sarcasm to this group. All I know is Michigan, an offense, and the 4-3. I thought I was reading a team preview written by Phil Steele because there was so much good info. Lol

• Like Like x 2
  13. Twister18

2012 Florida State Seminoles
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Offense: The Seminoles will scrap their traditional Multiple style offense with a more conventional Pro style. The leader of the offense is QB EJ Manuel who is rated as an 88 overall. His backup is RS SO Clint Trickett, who may excel in the offense more than Manuel. The HB position is stacked with super SO Devonta Freeman and solid SR HB Chris Thompson. The TE position is manned by SO Nick O'Leary (86) and RS JR Dan Hicks. The WRs position is absolutely ridiculous with WRs such as Rodney Smith, Reshad Greene, and super FR Marvin Bracy. The OL is solid and very young so there is promise for this position.
    Defense: The Seminoles will run the 4-3 defense, led by a DL that ranks with the best in the country. DE's Brandon Jenkins and Bjorn Werner are among the highest rated at their spots and also have super FR Mario Edwards waiting to rotate in. At DT the Sems have a solid pair of SRs in Everett Dawkins and Tony McCloud with another super FR in Eddie Goldman. The LBs are led by OLBs Chris Jones and Nick Moody. The MLB spot is manned by Vince Williams. The secondary is led by awesome CB Greg Reid and Xavier Rhodes and FS Karlos Williams and SS Lamarcus Joyner man the deep patrol.
    Special Teams: The PK position has SR Dustin Hopkins manning it and his 95 KP while the P position has true FR Cason Beatty on it. The KR teams will be led by backup HB Chris Thompson and WR Marvin Bracy. Bracy will also be given a shot at the PR spot as well.

14. Twister18

Don't worry about smalls, he is just a grouchy ol turd around here!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Yea he will probably finish it up on his "3rd" try

16. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Probably right. Guess it's a good thing I had one of the commishes in the party when my game was freezing.

17. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

just joking with you...smile a little

18. Twister18

All in good fun gentlemen. It is always good if you have a witness or contact myself if it happens. Just an FYI.

19. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I don't smile

20. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Cee Lo Green over here jabbin the bear.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Twister18

Lighten up Francis

22. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Updated

• Like Like x 1
  23. Twister18

Alright gents, we have a few missing Previews. Without naming names, lets get these knocked out.

24. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Virginia Tech
    Offense- It could take time since only a couple of starters are back from a year ago. The pressure will firmly be on junior QB Logan Thomas to make the leap from RB David Wilson’s complement in 2011 to the engineer of the attack in 2012. His biggest challenge, besides tuning out the buzz regarding his NFL future, will be to carry a youthful attack that will have no proven players in the backfield and four new starters in the trenches.

Defense- There are only two things capable of keeping this D from being oppressive this fall, depth in the secondary and the injuries to the linebackers. The Hokies should be feisty from the second level, but only if everyone is available. The two best players of the unit, Bruce Taylor and Tariq Edwards, sat out the spring to recover from injuries. And one of the primary contenders at whip, Jeron Gouveia-Winslow, is not quite at full strength either. This is going to be a good defense no matter what. It becomes great if the linebackers play at 100%.

• Like Like x 1
  25. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ohio State 2012-2013 Season Preview

Offense (Playbook - Ohio State)

Ohio State will be running a spread playbook this season to better utilize the speed of Braxton Miller. Expect to see a lot of QB designed runs and options when Miller is at QB. Jordan Hall and Carlos Hyde will also see a lot of carries this season. Hall also has good receiving skills for a back, so he may occasionally line up as a receiver. Tight end Jake Stoneburner is another key component in the offense. He has speed and size to create mismatches. As for the receiving core, this is an area where OSU struggled last season. Devin Smith and Corey Brown both had very inconsistent performances last season.

Defense (Playbook - 4-3)

The strength of the defense is along the line. Defensive end John Simon and defensive tackle Jonathan Hankins are potential All-Americans this season. The rest of the defense is talented but either lacks experience or has some past troubles. Cornerbacks Travis Howard and Bradley Roby will need to step up this season. Roby played well as a freshman last season and was a top performer in offseason workouts. Howard had good and bad moments in 2011. Safeties C.J. Barnett and Christian Bryant are former top recruits and they are expected to perform at a high level this season. MLB Curtis Grant and OLB Ryan Shazier, both sophomores, will start at linebacker for the Buckeyes.

• Like Like x 1