2012 Team Selection Vote #1 - Team Quality

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Jun 3, 2011.

?

What types of teams should be in play in T1 in NCAA 2012

Poll closed Jun 6, 2011.
  1. No restrictions - Choose Any team

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 5 Star and below

60.0%
  3. 4 Star and below

40.0%
  4. 3 Star and below

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 2 Star and below

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

do we want to limit team quality, and if so, how much? I was going to try to have a discussion before the vote, but you guys will know if you already have a concrete opinion or need to talk it out.

Feel free to change your vote after the fact if need be, by just mentioning it and I will take it into account. (if somebody sways you).

I'll give 3 days for this vote till we move to the next one which would be # of conferences

I'd really like to see a vote from everybody.

@jms493
    @Mogriffjr
    @HotRod
    @MaxATX34
    @Blaza
    @jfosh
    @NYJuggalo45
    @The Parrothead
    @Riptides
    @smlVICTORIES53
    @Twister18

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I guess... The more I think about it, the less I'm concerned about limiting team selection too much. I honestly think that the 6-star teams should be left to the cpu... However, they usually become irrelevant anyway after awhile. I'm kind of open for persuasion on this one, tell me what you guys think.

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I think 4-star is a good medium. To be honest I think conference selection may be a better place to start though. Either that or getting a preliminary list of teams guys are interested in.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Thanks for the second guessing honesty. In any of the conferences you have elite teams. The Pac 12 would be USC and Oregon, Big 12 has the obvious ones, SEC has the obvious ones. So to me I want to get a feel for if people want to start with the big boys, or build teams up.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Keep in mind Blaza, there's no chance that South Carolina is a 4-star team. My vote will probably be 5-stars and lower. That way we have the possibility of JMS getting Penn State or you getting So. Carolina, but without people getting those sick teams like Bama, Ohio State, and Texas.

6. Blaza

You dont think so? They were 3 star last year. At any rate I dont have to have them--I could be a number of teams and be fine. I am curious to hear the rest of the league's thoughts on this though.

7. Blaza

Yeah 5-star sounds good to me too. Does anyone remember what Wisconsin/Pitt/UCLA started at this year? Was it 4-star or 5-star?

8. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

4* teams would be as low as I'd wanna go. You can still compete with the big boys recruiting wise at that level and still be able to build a team up

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

IIRC, wisconsin and PITT were 5-star teams. Regardless, that is why we're going to wait to actually select teams, until we have all the ratings such as their prestige level and (hopefully) recruiting team ratings.

The big reason that I don't want to go much lower than this is that a lot of the new features in the game (such as entrances, which we can enjoy against cpu teams) will apply mostly to the bigger teams.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'd also favor something like "5 star and below, but excluding teams in Texas, CA, and FL."

Teams from those states would have to be 4-star or below.

11. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

i voted for 4* and below. i think there are enough quality 4* teams in the big conferences where we will have a choice and still leave the top teams (both in terms of prestige and recruiting) to the cpu.

for example, if i was guessing - taking the SEC into account:
    5*/+ teams = Florida, Auburn, LSU, Alabama
    4*/- teams (which we would be able to choose from) = So Car, Georgia, Tenn, Ark, Ole Miss, Miss St, Kentucky, Vandy

Maybe I'm wrong, and they make So Car and Georgia 5* teams. If so...then my vote changes to 5* and below. But I'm going with the above assumption as the base of my vote

12. Blaza

I actually think Hellis idea of 5 star except for the power states would be an awesome rule.

And Juggs, I really think So Car and UGA will be 4*. Judging from the few teams whos prestige I've seen, I cant see them getting a 5* prestige to start.

13. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Doesn't that kill the Pac 10 and Big 12 though? No California/Texas teams. And then that means no Miami for me :(

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

4 stars BUT we need to keep in mind some 4 stars that might be underrated. Hence me picking Wisconsin this year. As a rule they passed but they were clearly better then 90% of 4 star teams so there may be some 4 stars to be excluded.

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

And yes there may be some 5 stars that are overrated they we may include...

Basically we need to see a list of teams with their prestige and ratings and players to make an educated decision.

16. Blaza

Not really. Only PAC-10 teams that would be inelgible would be Oregon (6 stars) and USC. In the Big 10 only team ineligible would be Ohio State. Big 12, Texas. I dont think it would kill it too much. Are you wanting Miami? I think either way they will be pretty much above the teams the rest of us decide to go with.

17. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I voted 5* below that way there are ample choices. Depending on what conferences we use I may change that.

18. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I read Helli's post wrong, I thought he said to eliminate all teams from California, Texas and Florida. My bad.

And yeah, I would love Miami, but the ACC is bad so don't think they will be in play.

19. Blaza

My vote is for ACC, SEC, and Big-10/Pac-10/or Big12

20. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

My would be sec, big 10, PAC 12.

I don't give a rip about A Crappy Conference :)

21. Blaza

I kinda agree. Only thing is, we used Big 10 and Pac 12 this year so i didnt know if guys would get tired of it. But I like those conferences alot.

22. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I see what you're saying. I don't mind the Acc.

23. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Most of the team ratings seem to be high, so those 4-stars are rated that way in prestige but have good players on them.

I'm going with 4-stars, just because i'd like to try to build a power, rather than have one.

24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I think we have to definitely have the SEC. The Pac-12 seems to be a given as well.

My third conference would be the Big Ten if we do 3 (which I prefer... For scheduling purposes I can get us the same # of games but have a lot more flexibility doing it)

25. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

As far as custom conferences go, what would you guys like to see there? To me... The idea of TCU in the Big East is so asinine that I'd rather not make that move, but for "sim" sake maybe we should make whatever changes will take effect next year?