2012+ Texas Longhorns

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dru50, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

2012+ Texas Longhorns

Offense - Florida
    Defense - Multiple D

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Offense:

Mostly shotgun because of playbook. Didn't run much, mostly short to mid range passes over the middle. Very few passes outside the hashes. I ran specific zones the entire 2nd half and shut him down. If you can close off the middle of the field you can seemingly kill his offense.

Defense: came out matching my formations basically. I was able to run successfully against his front. Not for huge yards, but 4-5 yards per rush. Ran alot of contains, rushed my qb out of contain as well. Secondary was a little behind the curve it seems. My QB, who isn't the best passer, threw for a high percentage both to the middle and outside. I don't remember alot of blitzes.

3. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Offense - primarily passing out of the shotgun formation, when he had time and the pressure did not get there he tore up the 4-2-5 with deep seams or deep crossing/ins and really torched me 2 or 3 times for deep TD's. The running game was not very effective and allowed me to play against the pass most of the game. Didn't put together many sustained drives as it seemed to be all or nothing but that might have been my bad defense.

Defense - I don't remember much as I was just concentrating on doing what I was trying to do. I was able to run relatively well against him and throw off of playaction pass.

4. Dru50

2013 Texas Longhorns

2013 Playbooks

Offense - Ohio State
    Defense - Multiple D

5. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Offense - didn't have a lot of success with the passing game but always seemed to hit that slant when he needed it. Mostly ran the ball with Truck Whaley (34 carries) who fell forward for probably half of his 130+ yards, very difficult to bring down. He was up 14-0 thanks to my errant passing 1 minute into the game so after scoring to go up 21-0 it was conservative time the rest of the game.

Defense - hard to say because I played so horrible but definitely played solid and ala 2 seasons ago he converted on about 3 of 4 INT opportunities as his guys made every leaping pick attempt they reached for. I had nothing for him so he was able to stop my run game as much as my pass game.

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Offense: Whaley can run the ball and run it well. If he could ever establish a true pro set offense and develop PA then he would be dangerous. He has a mind of a gunslinger though and this team hapers him from doing that. Look for slants and over the middle routes along with a deep ball occasionaly.

Defense: He covered up the deep ball well after I hit him a few times. You can be sucessful rushing the ball against him but dont look for any big rushing plays unless you get it blocked perfect and read the holes. Mixes it up well

7. KnightNoles

2014 Playbooks

8. Dru50

2014 Playbooks

Offense - Mississippi State
    Defense - 4-3

9. KnightNoles

Offense: Spread, Spread, Spread and some running. Pretty effective running and has a strong big back. Will run option and then PA option. Will hit open receivers and go deep, he knows what he is doing and finds a way to get it done.

Defense: 4-4 hard to run against just be patient with your offense strategy. Able to get deep and hit some other routes. I know running against him this year was very very difficult.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.