2012 The Big Three Prospects

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by JohnnyClutch, Jul 20, 2012.

1. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

• Like Like x 3
  2. JohnnyClutch

• Like Like x 2
  3. JohnnyClutch

• Like Like x 3
  4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Grrr.. can't see on phone :(

Ill take a look tonight

5. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

this is so legit, nice job!

and I call shenanigans on that QB wanting to go to UNC

6. JohnnyClutch

Using real high schools and uniform colors. Damn game just froze while creating Matt Flores.

Maybe Flores likes UNC cause its same colors as his high school.

7. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Only 2 running backs in the entire nation, of all caliber, have me in their top 10. wtf.

8. JohnnyClutch

Week 1 Update
    Week one of the high school football season is in the books. Each of our recruits put up some stats but Justin Kennedy and Matt Flores were able to capture the player of the game rewards. Now lets take a deeper look into their performances:​
    Justin Kennedy
    [​IMG]
    Kennedy did not register his first tackle until midway through the first quarter, after that he caught fire. Justin would fight off some moves from the RT to record his first sack of his senior season during the second quarter. The second half would see him rack up some more stats with a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. All in total Kennedy would collect seven tackles on the day and assist on another one.​
    Matt Flores
    [​IMG]
    Flores was on fire in the first game of his senior year. He would go a perfect six of six on the first drive on the way to a score. Matt would add another TD through the air and one on the ground on his way to earning player of the game honors. Flores would complete 80% of his passes going for nearly 350 yards and adding almost another 50 on the ground.​
    Shawn Williams
    A quick start to the game would see Williams catching four passes in the first quarter. He would only catch one more pass the rest of the game and collect 43 yards on the day. Shawn's team would win in a blowout 54-14 but he was unable to contribute to the score.​

• Like Like x 2
  9. PAgamer07

Holy crap. This shit is awesome. Just checked it here at the house. Took Kennedy off my board, going after MLB #3. I like his skillset a lot better.

• Like Like x 2
  10. JohnnyClutch

I think Kennedy better fits a 3-4 scheme. I think he might be better as a pass rushing OLB. His lack of any type of coverage skills do limit his effectiveness in certain schemes.

11. JohnnyClutch

Week 3 Update
    [​IMG]
    This week we will take a deeper look into the number one middle linebacker prospect, Justin Kennedy. Kennedy had a down week in week two only gathering three tackles and two assists in a loss. Kennedy stepped up big in week three to get his team back on the winning track. Earning player of the game honors, Justin collected four tackles and help on another six while also picking up a sack, interception, and returned a fumble for a touchdown. Let's break down some game film:​
    Block Shedding
    Justin Kennedy shows off his strength in this clip. Being able to bench press 425 lbs in the weight room means nothing if it doesn't translate onto the field. A lot of prospects have been monsters in the weight room but their careers never panned out. Here in this video Kennedy is able to push the tight end off and break the block on his way to bringing down the QB.​
    Play Recognition and Instincts
    In this video we can see Kennedy not bite on the hand off fake to the fullback or looking for a pitch to the halfback. Kennedy goes with his guts and sticks it the the QB who held onto the ball on the option.​
    Power
    Kennedy can squat 665 lbs and with this leg strength he can launch into opponents. In this clip he shows off this power by putting a lick on the receiver in the middle of the field. Kennedy hits the receiver so hard the it knocks off his teammate who is trying to bring the receiver down from behind.​
    Coverage
    Here we can see Kennedy read the quarterback's eyes and make a break on the ball before the he throws it. Justin gets there in time to pick off the pass. While Kennedy can make these type of plays do not expect them to happen that often as coverage is the weakest part of his game. I see him more as a run stopper, pass rushers and maybe even a switch to OLB in the right scheme.​
    Stats have been updating on the boards for all three recruits.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  12. JohnnyClutch

Speed
    In this clip Kennedy shows off his speed by returning a fumble for a touchdown while not letting anyone gain ground on him. Justin has that game speed and plays well faster than the 4.7 forty time he was clocked at.​
    Balls
    Justin has the intestinal fortitude to break off whats called and make plays on his own. We see here that Kennedy is sitting in Cover 4 zone but when he sees the quarterback start to scramble he quickly breaks out of his zone and comes all the way up to get the sack on the quarterback. Justin believes in himself and knows he can make these types of plays. This will probably cause his college coach some heart attacks at certain points.​

• Like Like x 1
  13. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

This is so fucking awesome Johnny.. But why no love for Zach Allen?? He's the #2 prospect in the country!

• Like Like x 1
  14. JohnnyClutch

Thank you.

I think next season I'll do a vote from you all on which prospects to do.

15. PAgamer07

Man, that is so freaking cool dude!

16. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

Yes, very nice work on this, really a fun read

17. JohnnyClutch

Week 5 Update
    We are halfway through the high school football regular season and this week we will take a look at the teams the Big Three Prospects are deciding to play at next fall.​
    Justin Kennedy
    First up we have middle linebacker Justin Kennedy who actually made his decision write before this article was published, so we decided to get back in front of the computer and updated the article before we release it. Kenned announced on September 22 that he will be staying in the south but leaving Florida as he will play ball at the University of Alabama this fall. Justin chose the Crimson Tide over a scholarship from instate Florida. Other players in landing the number one recruit in the nation were Auburn, Georgia, and surprisingly BYU.​
    In a phone interview with Kennedy he said he never had a doubt in his mind that he wouldn't play for Alabama. When they offered him the scholarship he knew it was a matter of time before his dog told him that it was ok to commit to them. When asked why he chose the Crimson Tide, Justin responded with "My grandpa was from Alabama and we've always followed the team since I was a kid. Their program has a great tradition and I want to help them win another championship. Mom wanted me to stay in state to be close to home but I knew I would not of been happy if I went to Florida."​
    Matt Flores
    The ACC looks like the landing spot for the QB out of Virginia. Flores initial Top 3 at the beginning of the season had UNC and Va Tech as one and two. Now halfway through the season the Hokies have dropped to the three spot and former number three Missouri has jumped into the second spot. This is interesting as Missouri Head Coach Rajesh Yalamanchili has went on record that he thinks Flores is over hyped and physcially not as good as his stats say he is. The easy competition of the division his school is in provides for inflated stats. North Carolina still has a comfortable lead in first place on his list. It wouldn't surprise me if the Ohio State Buckeyes make a late season push for this kid as they love the dual threat QBs up there recently.​
    Shawn Williams
    The big surprise here is how far Miami has fallen on his list. The Hurricanes were his number one team at the beginning of the season but have fallen all the way to number five. Looks like the rumors of more recruiting violations definitely has lowered Williams interest in signing with them. Virginia Tech has jumped into the number one spot on his list while Georgia remains in second. The real surprise here is that Syracuse it making a hard push and is in the number three spot and is only one of two schools that has offered Shawn a scholarship. Two other Big East schools are on his radar in Louisville and Rutgers whom sit at number four and number seven.​

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  18. JohnnyClutch

Week 10 Update
    The high school football regular season has wrapped up and the playoffs are about to being. All three of our stars teams are in and they are exciting to try and bring home that state championship. Only Matt Flores has not committed to play for a team in the fall and we have no idea of when he is going to make his decision.​
    Justin Kennedy
    Most say Kennedy has coasted since his decision to play for Alabama after the week five game. While Justin's stats are not as impressive in the final three week as they were in the first five but he showed great leadership on the field. Kennedy was the leader of the defense that only allowed 44 points this season, a clip of 5.5 a game. This was best in the state of Florida. Central Catholic posted a 7-1 record in the regular season with the only loss coming in week two against Cape Coral. The Mustangs dropped that game 7-3. They will be the number two seed in the playoffs.​
    Matt Flores
    Flores put up great numbers all season and was out of this world in weeks six and seven. All of the experts agree that this is due to the sever lack of talent in the conference they are in in Virginia. Flores has not committed to a school and the number one team on his list, UNC, has not offered him a scholarship. It will be interesting to see where this kid ends up. Matt lead his team to a perfect regular season and a number one seed in the playoffs.​
    Shawn Williams
    A member of an explosive offense at Cocoa High, Williams was nearly unstoppable after a disappointing week one that only saw 43 yards on five catches. Most experts thought this guy would commit early to Miami but that was not the case. The Hurricanes quickly dropped on his list and the Hokies were shooting up his list and would be the team Shawn decided for his career in college. Cocoa played to a 7-1 record and a number two seed in the playoffs. ​

• Like Like x 3
  19. JohnnyClutch

Week 14 Update: PLAYOFFS
    Justin Kennedy
    The Central Catholic Mustangs take on an 8-0 Carol City Desperados team in the opening round of the playoffs. Central Catholic would get on the board first with field goal. Early in the second Carol City would take the lead on with a TD. The Desperados would add to that lead with a FG before the half. Midway through the third the Mustangs would tie the game at 10. With a 1:14 left in the game Carol City's halfback would go eight yards untouched to take the lead 17-10. The Mustangs moved the ball quickly down the field and answered with a 21 yard TD catch by Tyler Kenney with 0:47 left in the game. A hail mary was broken up as time ran out to send the game into overtime. Central Catholic gets a TD on their first possession. Carol City ties it up in two plays. Carol City TD on third and goal as Kennedy could not bring the WR down before he power his way into the end zone. The Mustangs can't score and lose in double OT 35-28.​
    Matt Flores
    The first possession for First Colonial would end with Flores throwing an interception. The Patriots would get on the board first as Flores found WR Vincent McMahon on the corner route and he ran it in for a 54 yard score. Moneta would tie the game up in the second on a three yard rush by Edwards. Moneta then would take the lead on a one yard rush by Zach Parks. In three plays the game would be tied at 14 thanks to a 17 yard completion from Matt to Su Cano. Parks would get another TD right before the half to make it 21-14. Parks gets his third TD of the game with 2:36 left in the third and Moneta has a 14 point lead. Taylor would connect on a 35 yard field goal to make it 17 point lead. On the final play of the third Flores finds an open Heddleston for a 12 yard score. Flores and Cano cut the lead to three on a seven yard pass and catch but it looks to be to little to late as that score came with four seconds left in the game. Moneta High moves on with the 31-28 victory. Flores would rack up the yards through the air but it would make up for his four turnovers.​
    Shawn Williams
    Williams catches three balls on the opening drive, including a 20 yard one for a TD. Edwards connects on a 26 yard field goal for Stuart High. The second drive looks to be identical as Shawn hauls in three passes and the final one was a 15 yard touchdown. Ty Nguyen would give Cocoa another touchdown on a three yard run. Walter Dull would return a fumble recovery for a TD to make the game 28-3. Williams would haul in his third TD of the game to increase the lead to 32. Steven Jenkins makes it less of a blow out by catching a 18 yard TD pass. Steve Adams scrambles for another TD for Stuart. Is the comeback on? Alex Vite scores on a five yard reception and moments later after a turnover Nguyen scores from three yards out to make it 49-17. Adams keeps the ball for another TD. Cocoa High advances to round two with a monster game from Shawn Williams.

Round two has Cocoa matched up against 6-2 West Palm Beach. A field goal miss of 22 yards end the opening drive for the Tigers. The first points come in the second quarter as Cocoa WR George Heddlesten hauls in a 15 yard TD pass. Williams gets in on the scoring on a five yard TD pass. Nguyen give the Tigers a 21-0 lead early in the third. Williams then returns his first punt of the season for a touchdown. It was a 74 yard return. Nguyen puts the Tigers up by 35 on a one yard score. Williams with another touchdown this time from six yards out. An easy 42-0 win advanced Cocoa to the next round.

Vero Beach South in the semi-finals is a 7-1 and will be taking on Cocoa High who has been out right dominate so far in these playoffs. Three and out opens the game for the Tigers but Cocoa will get on the board first on a Shawn Williams eight yard TD. Williams two yards 14-0 Tigers. The lead is cut in half on a one yard run from Justin Powell. Cocoa misses a 25 yard field goal. The Tigers have three TDs on the day so far and all have come in the hands of Shawn Williams. 29 yard field goal from Liston extends the lead to 17. Liston with another field goal, this time from 31 yards. Another huge game from Williams leads Cocoa to another victory.

Florida State Championship is Cocoa High (11-0) vs Leisure City (9-2). Doak Campbell Stadium is the venue for this one. Leisure City gets on the board first with a Rob Thomas 17 yard TD catch. Liston gets the Tigers on the board with a 25 yard field goal. Garcia to Heddlesten for 17 yards and a TD. Heddlesten with another TD catch to make it 17-7 before the half. Su Cano gets in on the scoring action for the Tigers. Heddlesten again with another touchdown grab. He is really showing off for the scouts today. With a minute left in the third Williams grabs his first TD pass from 12 yards out and the rout is on 38-7. That ends up being the final and the Cocoa Tigers are the Florida State Champions of 2012 with a perfect 12-0 record. Shawn Williams will head off to Virginia Tech in the fall after one of the greatest high school season for a wide reciever ever.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  20. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Flores takes his talents to Chaimpaign