2012 TWIT - Week 7

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jfosh, Nov 11, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

2012 TWIT - Week 7

2012 This Week in Tradition Week 7

Coaches' Poll
    Column 1
    Rank LW Name/Votes Wins Losses
    1 1 Alabama (38) 6 0 Last man standing in a backyard brawl with Georgia 24-22. Richardson led the way with 146 yards rushing.
    2 2 Georgia Tech (22) 5 0 Georgia Tech spent the week tuning up (not Forza) for Duke.
    3 3 Tennessee (1) 5 0 Suprisingly up 52-7 in the third coach Bruce still had HB Bryce Brown in the game. Brown scored and hit the showers. Final 72-14 over Mississippi State.
    4 7 Clemson 5 0 Clemson trailed in the 4th quarter in this one 41-38. Robinson's TD from Kyle Parker clinched it for the Tigers 45-41.
    5 9 Miami 5 0 Solid but somewhat suprising 48-24 win over Duke. HB James 160 yards rushing and 94 yards receiving put him atop the Heisman list.
    6 10 North Carolina 5 0 Carolina reachs number 6 with thumping of rival 63-25. QB Blue chucks it 40 times for 530 yards in the win.
    7 5 Georgia 4 1 Coach Hellisan questions his front seven after Alabama eeks out the win 24-22.
    8 4 Oklahoma 4 1
    9 12 Cincinnati 3 1
    10 13 Virginia Tech 4 1 The new and improved Ju Ju Clayton throws for 394 yards and Logan Thomas racks up 171 as his favorite target.
    11 14 Florida State 4 1 6' 6" WR Rodney Smith has an eye popping 274 yards in a 70-31 drubbing of Wake Forest.
    12 17 Texas 4 2
    13 20 Purdue 4 0
    14 15 Michigan 3 1
    15 6 USC 3 1
    16 8 Florida 3 2 Florida takes an 8 spot hit in the polls after a gutwrenching loss to LSU. Reed threw for 381 yards in the loss.
    17 23 UCLA 6 0
    18 18 Auburn 4 1 Hamilton finishes the game pick free and Auburn wins big over Arkansas 58-10.
    19 19 Maryland 3 1
    20 25 Kansas State 4 0
    21 11 Penn State 4 2
    22 NR LSU 4 2 38 second half points propels LSU to a win 52-49 in this heartstopper. QB Russell Sheppard had 259 yards passing and 80 yards rushing.
    23 NR Wisconsin 3 1
    24 NR USF 5 0
    25 22 Iowa 4 1

[​IMG]

Big User vs. User Games

[​IMG]

#3 Tennessee 5-0 (2-0) @ #7 Georgia 4-1 (2-1)

This is a rematch of the 2011 National Title game. It wont be on a neutral field but "Between the Hedges" @ Sanford Stadium. Who ever wins this gains a leg up in the SEC East. Georgia enters the game a week removed from a backyard brawl that should have them chomping at the bit to get back on the field. The biggest question for the Bulldogs is where has the offense been. Against Tennessee the Dawgs have only managed 10 points in each of the last two contests. Against Bama they settled for 2 redzone field goals. The will need to buy time for Scales somehow against a relentless Tennessee rush. The Volunteers are on route to break all kinds of scoring records this season posting 71,70,73,72 and 49 in a user game against Florida. The University's Track team errr I mean Football team hasn't lost since.....jez I don't know when. This team is hardened and experienced adversity on their way to last years national title...are the unflappable? Coach Bruce has been known to lose his cool but is Sanford Staduim enough to light the fuse.

[​IMG]

#6 North Carolina 5-0 (2-0) @ #4 Clemson 5-0 (3-0)

After being absent from the top 25 for weeks at a time last season North Carolina seems to be in a groove. But is this the ultimate "Pretender vs Contender" game. Coach Blaza will have to beat a Clemson team that has not lost a division user game when coach Colemanchu has been on the sideline. The Tar Heels fine tuned their passing game last week throwing 40 times in preperation for this one. This is UNC's first spotlight game so it wil be interesting to see what they bring to the table. The Clemson program is full of moxy willing to take on the big boys for recruits and now will take some of the spotlight. The Tigers feel like this is their year. This game kicks off a string of 3 user games in a row. It's a big stretch for the Clemson program and a let down at the start of this stretch will send a bad signal to the Clemson faithful.

[​IMG]

#11 Florida St. 4-1 (2-1) @ #10 Virginia Tech 4-1 (2-1)

This one kind of gets lost in the shuffle and your budgeting your TV time you might want to watch the other games. Wait this is the only one you can watch! Will V.T. face the CPU or Kinger? If Kinger is able to make it expect a great game. If FSU is on auto pilot then expect a good game. FSU is good enough as a CPU opponent to cause trouble. Ju Ju Clayton has resurfaced and doesn't resemble the Ju Ju of old. A fan favorite and heart sould of the VT program. Without TE Logan Thomas Clayton could not have found himself. Thomas is a stud and needs to be watched everyplay. Florida State's EJ Manuel needs to play better for FSU to win. 13 TD's and 13 INT's on the season not the norm for a Kingerock coached team.

[​IMG]

National TV Games

#1 Alabama 5-0 (2-0) @ Ole Miss 3-2 (1-1)

Ole Miss is hoping for a let down after Alabama's big game against UGA. Not happening.

South Carolina 4-2 (2-1) @ Florida 3-2 (1-2)

Is there any magic left for South Carolina? They beat LSU….LSU beat Florida…so who knows in a rivalry game….just sayin.

Regional Broadcasts

Duke 2-3 (1-2) @ #2 Georgia Tech 5-0 (3-0)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…..Tech had a week to prepare commense blowout.

#5 Miami 5-0 @ Virginia 0-5 (0-4)

Virginia is killing the ACC's strength of schedule. A blowout here is expected.

#22 LSU 4-2 (2-1) @ Kentucky 1-4 (0-3)

LSU is back in the top 25 no let downs please.

Vanderbilt 2-2 (1-1) @ #18 Auburn 4-1 (3-0)

Hey Auburn may have a loss but they are still unbeaten in the SEC. Lets just let the Tigers sleep.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Damn, FOSH IS GOING OFF!

Great shit! I will read this fully as soon as I can.

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Absolutely love these things! Great work Fosh. The Heels have had the trip to Clemson circled since last year's heartbreaker. Hopefully the chips fall on our side this time.

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Great stuff fosh.

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Awesome job fosh.

On a sidenote, wanted to give a little background on mike James, our savior this year. He was recruitied in year 1 I believe as a free safety. He would have been our starting free safety this year and with his size, speed and ratings, probably one of the top in the nation. But after a surprising early departure by sophmore Lamar miller, and lackluster recruiting at hb, we were going to wind up turning into a Texas tech style offense this season. On a whim, during player changes, I'm sorting by break tackle, by elusiveness, by juke, by stiff arm, by spin, etc. Everyone one, James tops us. We're real deep in the secondary, so decided to see what he would be at hb. Go to move him and he is our highest rated hb. Ok done deal. Then he jumps 7 ovr pts in training and a star/heisman hopeful is born.

6. jfosh

jfosh Super

That is definitely a diamond in the rough story.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    That's cool. That's how some of these colleges get by. They move guys from TE to Dt or
    to TE. It seems like if you have the ratings to play that position why not!?! Good stuff juggs

8. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I need to do more of that type of thing. Nice find Juggs.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Mike James starts out on the Hurricanes as a freshman. I had him in the E League, unless its just a wierd coincidence.

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Hmm...I was pretty sure I recruited him, but you might be right Cole, stopped keeping track of all that when I stopped doing dynasty reports

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

I saw clemson and UNC disconnected but what happened to the VT vs FSU game?

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

OT

FSU kicks a FG up 27-24.

1st down for VT = sack for 3 yards.....
    2nd down = DISCONNECT.

We went back in and tried to simulate the simulation....JUJU gets sacked and then DJ Coles drops another fucking pass for a 1st down.......last attempt was knocked away in the endzone....FSU wins.

I will attempt to go in a sim it today....I am still sick(n)

13. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

First great post man..... and great read..

Second how do you take these pics of the screen?

14. jfosh

jfosh Super

What a game.....

15. jfosh

jfosh Super

Thanks...You need to have some type of device that sends your xbox signal to your PC.

I use a Hauppauge HD-PVR. But there are many other types of devices you could use.

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah it was a good game between vatech and FSU.

Juju hit Thomas up the seam for a long TD play. It was crazy seeing this behemoth breaking away from the few defenders around him.

Vatech played great defense from that TD until the end of the game. Unfortunately they gave up the FG and couldn't get a good first down play before the ghey disconnect.

17. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

7 catches 280 yards........ Come on!

I don't ever want to hear somebody complaining about Auburn' numbers after seeing numbers like this.....

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lmao who did that?

I can't seem to get long plays on the CPU. It's crazy!

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lmao who did that?

I can't seem to get long plays on the CPU. It's crazy!