2012 TWIT - Week 8

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jfosh, Nov 14, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

2012 TWIT - Week 8

2012 This Week In Tradition Week 8

****Please make all scheduling arrangements in the game scheduling forum section. No posts means no attempts to schedule. It also keeps other users aware of general advance times.

This might be the biggest week in T1 ever. 5 user games. Lets get scheduling!!

Coaches' Poll
    Column 1
    Rank LW Name/Votes Wins Losses
    1 3 Tennessee (37) 6 0 Voters were much more impressed with the Vol's 24-22 win over UGA than Alabama's 24-22 win over UGA. Tennessee takes top spot but lost top Back.
    2 1 Alabama (22) 6 0 Usual story here Star Jackson and Trent Richardson lead Tide to big win 66-7 over Ole Miss.
    3 4 Clemson (1) 6 0 Big winner in the "Sim Bowl".
    4 2 Georgia Tech (1) 6 0 The Yellow Jackets shake of the bye week rust for a 58-36 win over Duke. Bluedevils QB Renfree goes nuts against GT completing 38-51 for 576 yards and 5 TD's.
    5 5 Miami 6 0 The Canes go air raid on Virginia tossing the ball 42 times for 393 yards and a 56-21 win.
    6 11 Florida State 5 1 Although it doesn’t say OT in the record books FSU needed xtra time to handle Virginia Tech and jump 5 spots in the poll.
    7 9 Cincinnati 4 1
    8 17 UCLA 6 0
    9 20 Kansas State 5 0
    10 6 North Carolina 5 1 Big loser in the "Sim Bowl".
    11 7 Georgia 4 2 Lost for second week in a row 24-22 Tennessee De ja vu. Need lots of help to repeat last years run to the National Title game with 2 losses.
    12 14 Michigan 4 1
    13 15 USC 4 1
    14 8 Oklahoma 4 2
    15 16 Florida 4 2 The Gators featured 2 100 yard rushers (Massey and Spence) in 52-14 win over South Carolina
    16 10 Virginia Tech 4 2 Overtime loss to FSU drops Tech 6 spots changes tone of season.
    17 18 Auburn 5 1 Auburn doesn't break a sweat in 68-20 win over Vandy. HB Xavier Barnes pads his stats with 5 rushing Td's 2 in the 4th quarter.
    18 21 Penn State 5 2
    19 24 USF 6 0
    20 19 Maryland 4 1
    21 13 Purdue 4 1
    22 22 LSU 5 2 Trailing 34-28 to Kentucky in the 3rd quarter LSU errupts for 37 unanswered points for 65-34 win.
    23 25 Iowa 5 1
    24 NR Oregon State 4 1
    25 12 Texas 4 3

[​IMG]

Big User vs. User games

[​IMG]

#2 Alabama 6-0 (3-0) @ #1 Tennessee 6-0 (3-0)
    This years "3rd Saturday in October" rivalry game is as big as they come. Defending BCS champ Tennessee vaulted to #1 taking over the top spot formerly held by Alabama for 7 weeks. Alabama's win over Tennessee in 2009 seems like a long time ago…well I guess it is. Tennessee has been physically dominating in the last two meetings leaving no question marks but lots of bruises. Alabama will need help from its line to spring HB Trent Richardson past the line of scrimmage where his physical running style can punnish opposing teams. QB Star Jackson has been the model of effiency this season completing 74% of his passes with 16 TD's and no INT's. Jackson is excited to make his second visit to the toughest stadium in the country to get a win Neyland Stadium capacity 102,037. He came in as a backup in 2010 and almost lead an improbable comeback. The Vol's enter the game minus HB Bryce Brown last years Heisman winner. But before you fell bad for Tennessee take a look as his backup HB David Oku. Oku is like a clone of Brown and some coaches in the SEC feel he may be better given equal carries. Tennessee will also be under the direction of QB Xavier Stephens who missed last years game with injury. Stephens will most likely eclipse the 2000 yard mark in this game and could be far and away the best QB in the country rated 99 ovr with 86 spd and 93 TP and 93 TA. With big play threats every where on this roster the playbook will be wide open for this contest. With the offense taking the national spotlight we sometimes forget defense wins games and you guessed it...Tennessee has a great one. The Vol's pride themselves on stuffing the run and sit atop the nation in sacks with 31.

*once game is scheduled I will post TV time.

[​IMG]

#5 Miami 6-0 (4-0) @ #4 Georgia Tech 6-0 (4-0)
    The marquee match up in the ACC this week features a pair of past National Champions. For coach Juggs the Canes 2010 National Title seems like a distant memory. Miami entered the off-season with a gaping hole at HB. Juggs kicked around the idea of an Air Raid style offense but scraped the idea after finding FS Mike James. James was converted to HB and blossomed into the Nations leading Heisman contender. James' 14 TD's lead the nation. Miami didn't shelve the passing game but James made it work. Freshman Adam Francis has exceeded expectations and is among the NCAA's elite passers with 1918 yards and 16 TD's against 4 INT's. Miami's astounding sack totals are down but sport one of the better team defenses in the country. If the Miami National Title is a distant memory Georgia Tech's trophy has more dust. 2009 winner G.T. success is only measured in titles but losses to Miami in 2010 and Georgia in 2011 have prevented Tech from reaching their ultimate goal. Coach MoGriff felt his roster had changed significantly since 2009 and needed a change in philosophy. It wasnt so much a change but a return to his passing roots. The new playbook is installed and GT is 3rd in the nation in passing. QB Jordan Luallen sits at #3 in the nation with 2100 yards in the air and tied for TD's with 23. HB Orwin Smith is good enough to keep you from focusing on the high octane pass offense exclusively. Smith still has his name on the Heisman ballot despite the aerial assault. Tech is also breaking in a new FS frosh George Dunn. Dunn obviously paid attention during fall camp and leads the nation with 7 int's. This one looks to be a shoot out with the ball flying everywhere. Huge road test for Francis.

[​IMG]

#15 Florida 4-2 (2-2) @ #11 Georgia 4-2 (2-2)

Georgia looks to avoid losing 3 in a row….that has happened well never. The only guarantee here is the score wont be 24-22. Coach Hellisan will be fuming if he is on the wrong side of this one. Georgia has not committed a turnover in 2 games and has nothing to show for it. The Dogs will stick to their guns Scales, Brown, and Anderson. They are playing well enough to win but how much fight is left in the DOGS. The Gators have been able to score points in big games but gave up 52 to LSU and 49 to Tennessee in its losses. The offense has enough weapons to keep you from focusing on one area of their game. The question is with the D...The Gators wont escape Sanford Staduim if they give up 40.

[​IMG]

#16 Virginia Tech 4-2 (2-2) @ #3 Clemson 6-0 (4-0)

Clemson has reached its highest spot in the polls ever. Taking its second loss of the season Virginia Tech is now looking to be a giant killer. QB Ju Ju Clayton leads the nations best passing attack and has limited his INT's and sacks. Clayton has distributed the ball around this season and isn't afraid to throw the long ball his 23 TD's lead the nation. This Tech team is better than there #16 rating. Clemson has QB Kyle Parker another great passer. Parker has 22 TD's to his credit and 1800 yards on the season. The Tigers are scrambling at running back with Roderick McDowell and Andre Ellington both sidelined with injuries. True freshman Justin Robinson and David Lindsey have taken over the rushing duties but as the #3 and #4 backs on depth chart to start the season lack the seasoning the injured backs provided. Coach Colemanchu will need to Parker to be at his best in this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#22 LSU 5-2 (3-1) @ #17 Auburn 5-1 (4-0)

The "Tiger Bowl"….one of my favorites. This game is always high flying full of quick strikes, high drama and provides for improbable outcomes. I can just feel the swagger coming back to LSU. Russell Shepard is coming off 2 monster games and is full of confidence. There is no team LSU would rather beat than Auburn. This is Auburn's first user game of the year. This game is also the 1st of 6 user games in a row. Auburn put in a new playbook to start the season and it looked like a big mistake when Freshman QB William Hamilton threw 8 pics. Since the season opening loss to Oklahoma , Auburn and Hamilton have been much better winning 5 in a row. Quietly Auburn is 5-1 and 4-0 in the SEC. This is Hamilton and the Tigers young defense's first test. Will they pass the exam?

[​IMG]

National TV Games

None

Regional Broadcast

Wake Forest 2-4 (1-4) @ #10 North Carolina 5-1 (2-1)

Down after the Sim Bowl loss but not out. Carolina shines in this rivalry game.

Duke 2-4 (1-3) @ #6 Florida State 5-1 (3-1)

FSU will post another win and stay in contention as the top rated 1 loss team.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    wow HUGE week.

First I'll comment on BAMA-TENN
    - Huge game that will tell who has the upper hand for the national title scene. I wonder how Oku will do now that Brown is down for now.

GT-MIA
    - How I dropped 2 spots essentially is crazy but the ACC has been bungled up again. UNC is back, Clemson is rising, VaTech is right there, Miami is around and FSU is tough as nails. This matchup has essentially put the winner into the ACC title game.

FLA-GA
    - Tough matchup for Helli...I feel he needs to take more risks...too much talent to be playing Tressel ball.

VaTech-Clemson
    - JMS needs this badly...this will vault him back to around top 10 and it's a big win for him. Clemson needs this too, they are trying to become naitonal title contenders, a win here could put them in great position.

LSU-Auburn
    - Boy a rivalry here, nothing is safe when these two collide. LSU has been riding high lately and a win here, I feel they are serious threats in the SEC. Auburn has been quiet since that early blowout, I wonder how that offense has been.

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

I saw that Auburn beat LSU 31-28 where is the Recap? How bout it Auburn?

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    oooh gotta hear the details about that game

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

the only details are that the blood between these two schools is bad.... real bad.... We have circled the date already for our next game. I don't care if it's the only game i win next year.. as long as we take AU behind the woodshed.

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Miami proved they are pretenders this year...as the coaching staff expected honestly. We might be able to win the user games we have at home, but I would be shocked if we win any road user games this year. While QB Adam Francis is a surebet Heisman candidate before his career is over, the uber-talented Freshman QB is just too young to handle big games on the road. Throw in the fact that our O-line at times just disappears and you have a rattled QB with no time to make decisions. An 8-4/9-3 year at Da U would be an excellent year IMO. Good luck to the title contenders. We'll be back in a year or 2.

8. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

QB stealer..you should have let him goto UT.

With the loss to Bama we had our heads down, but now see some sunshine. We should get another shot at them in the SEC championship game and we only dropped to 5th. With GT playing Clemson this week we should move up to 4th and UT still has a game vs FSU who is ranked 4th on the schedule.

If we win out we could be back in the title hunt.

9. jfosh

jfosh Super

Absolutely Tennessee is right there for sure.

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

What a week!! Wheeew

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

KnighNoles putting his bid in for #1 on the T1 waiting list(y)

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lol wasn't he interested in UNC when Bly left?

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah but Blaza got the vote due to his 100 posts of "let me in T1!!!"

14. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Yea, Im sittin down in Triple A just waitin for my call up.. lol I dont think its coming though.

You all have a hell of a group and I like stoppin' in occasionally and see whats goin on.

15. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

SORRY 'BOUT IT!!!

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

we need to play.........I love fresh meat

17. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

That's just a freakin weird thing to say.

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    pause or no homo woulda suffice after that.

19. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

dont google "freshmeat" with the safe search off.........BAD IDEA!!