2012 UCLA Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by FacePlant City, Oct 4, 2010.

1. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

2012 UCLA Game Summaries

[​IMG]
    2-2​

2. FacePlant City

More of a frustration rant than anything, but here it is:

#24 WVU - 41
    #17 UCLA 31

I challenge all members in the league to propose that they have a worse Dline, Oline, and WR core than I have. This is going to be my worst season here hands down. I literally have no one. The only group that is even somewhat competent is my secondary.

To say that this game was frustrating is an under statement. When my QB is throwing perfect strikes for 1st downs on 2nd and 3rd down and the WR, whom is consistently wide open, drops the pass nearly every time I am going to be frustrated forever.

WVU's QB is apparently God and can hit WRs in stride while being pummeled and their 83 overall HB shredded my defense the entire game.

Kevin Prince was nearly sacked every time, and I burned QB Bray's red shirt and he will now be my starting QB (I really have never liked Prince. He is the epitome of mediocre in this game). Congrats Bray.

I can't really even tell how frustrated I am...But I have come to peace that this is a down year and I should lose a lot.

So, again, if you have a barely average D-line and you want to sack my QB or put pressure on him each time...Go right ahead. It'll be easy.

Ugh. Going to be a bad year.

Hopefully the offense can catch this next week against Michigan.

3. FacePlant City

UCLA - 45
    Oregon St. - 14

UCLA finally plays with some form of passion and destroys Oregon State in their own stadium. The defense, who have been disappointing throughout the first weeks, finally came into their own and held Oregon St.'s rushing offense and stopped the air attack for the most part. FS Hilliard made a key play by intercepting OSU's quarterback early and shifting momentum.

On the offensive side of the ball, UCLA's HB Franklin finally had a solid game with 72 yards off of 11 carries for 2 TDs. However, without the help from sophomore sensation QB Byron Bray (who took over SR Kevin Prince due to his poor performance in week 1) the offense wouldn't have been much. Bray was on target as he went 21-33 for 309 yards and 3 TDs.

"Last game vs Michigan, I was pretty disappointed and made a poor coaching decision by just playing the clock game rather than scoring. This time I decided to keep pouring on the points until I knew we had won. WRs were catching balls this time around and I hope it continues into our next game vs #12 Cal."

UCLA will play a tough opponent in Cal next week, featuring their star halfback Deboskie. If UCLA can somehow find a way to win this one, they will be back on track in the winning category and will be undefeated in conference play.

4. FacePlant City

UCLA - 27
    CAL - 10

UCLA is back to being a prideful program after losing their first two games of the season. The Bruins came in confident and a made a statement on the opening drive by preventing the Cal offense from scoring in the red zone. However, due to offensive woes and attempting to get a run game going, Cal would manage to get the ball back many times in the first half and be up 10-0 for the majority. However, UCLA had different plans.

The Bruins abandoned the running game and let sophomore phenom UCLA QB Byron Bray destroy the weak Cal secondary. Bray went 25-35 for 436 yards and 3 TDs (with one ridiculously stupid INT) and pretty much created most of the offense.

The WR corp for UCLA was under much scrutiny in their first game as they had managed to drop far too many passes. Though, many did not realize that 2/3 of the top WRs are sophomores and are still in the learning process. They showed today that they are now turning into impact WRs and will be dominant for more seasons to come (especially if :5star: recruit WR Schroeder commits) as sophomore WR Tevin McDonald nearly went for 200 yards and 2 TDs.

While the offense looked spectacular, the run defense looked horrible and gave up over 150 yards to Cal's star running back and they will look to improve against a tough Arizona team next week.