2012 Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Jan 18, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2012 Week 1

Welcome everyone to 2012!!!

I did my best with the schedules. There was something jacked up in them so I couldn't get the SEC ACC matchup how it was supposed to be so I had to seed it slightly. The lower seed got the home field advantage so it should work out. I tried to get every one 6-7 home games and 5 user games. Let's have a great season guys.

I'd like to go as fast as we can though so if we get the games in early I'll advance when we're ready.

Next advance deadline is:
    Thursday approx 10 PM EST

Weekly Polls
    3 UF A+ ovr
    4 Tennessee B+ ovr
    7 Clemson A ovr
    8 UNC B+ ovr
    9 Maryland B+ ovr
    20 FSU A+ ovr
    21 Auburn B ovr
    24 VaTech A+ ovr
    29 UGA A+ ovr
    31 LSU A+ ovr
    37 Virginia B ovr

ESPN Headlines

Gameday in Knoxville
    Week 1 pits the SEC vs the Big 10 when #4 Tennessee hosts #1 Ohio State University. On paper it looks like the Buckeyes should dominate in this one scoring A+s across the board. Kirk seems to think so as he's picking his ole alma mater in this one. "Not so fast my friends!" says the Sunshine Scooter. He's picking the Vols in this one with the homefield advantage. Should be a good one.

Heisman Watch
    USC's McNeal has all the ingredients of a heisman quality running back.

Player of the Week
    n/a

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    AJ Pickens WR ASU
    N. Richardson WR Tenn
    R. Taylor SS Aub
    B. Brown HB Tenn
    C. McNeal HB USC

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Ima have fun knocking off these juggernauts :)

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Who is R. Nelson? Thats not Reggie Nelson, its Reggie Taylor lol

damn Gator

4. KnightNoles

Miller comes off bench propels Auburn over A&M

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 F
    TAMU 3 14 10 0 27
    AUB 10 14 7 14 45

Tyrik Rollison started the year as the number 1 quarterback and started off hot tossing a 15 yard TD pass to Medlock and then rushing 26 yards in the second quarter for another. He also threw two interceptions and with Auburn leading 24-17 at half Coach Knight decided to go with SO Andrew Miller and didnt turn out to be a bad choice as he completed 4-4 for 47 yards with a TD and rushed 10 times for 77 yards and a TD. The defense played very well besides two drives including a 70 yard TD pass that a CB blew his press coverage on and was demoted to nickelback. They gave up 277 yards through the air and only 20 yards on the ground. Overall a good win against a top 15 opponent to open the season

Player Stats

Passing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Name Rating Comp Att Yards TD Int
    Andrew Miller 281.2 4 4 47 1 0
    Tyrik Rollison 158.8 9 14 166 1 2

Rushing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Att Yards Avg TD
    Onterio McCalebb 25 87 3.8 1
    Tyrik Rollison 11 84 7.6 1
    Andrew Miller 10 77 7.7 1

Receiving
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Rec Yds Avg Td
    Craig Medlock 3 63 21.0 2
    Beau Reliford 3 47 15.6 0

Defense
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Name Tks TFL SK Int FF FR TD
    DaShuan Barnes 8 3 0 1 1 0 0

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3KPhGlRxoEg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3KPhGlRxoEg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    3rd highlight watch carefully may have to rewind... its some bull sh1t
    Complete write up in Team Thread

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Florida State 37
    Colorado 0

Full write up to come sometime tomorrow with stats and all. Have to get to bed and start another week.

6. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#7 Clemson - 55
    Boise State - 10

In week 1, Clemson started off the season on a positive note, thumping Boise State on their smurf turf. QB Kyle Parker had a solid game. The RS Senior was able to find the open holes in the Bronco defense and more importantly did not turn the ball over. Kyle Parker's performance left some big holes for the Tiger running game and both featured backs rushed for over 100 yards. Although Jaime Harper's departure for the NFL will hurt, Clemson feels that Ellington and McDowell can step in and fill Harper's role. The defense played solid - apart from a 50 yard WR reverse for a TD (ugh!).

Next week, the Tigers open up Death Valley for the 2012 season against Florida. Im hoping the crowd can affect the performance of the Gators!

Stats - Clemson

QB Kyle Parker - 15/23 - 249 Yards - 3/0
    HB Andre Ellington - 18 Attempts - 110 Yards - 2 TDs
    HB Roderick McDowell - 8 Attempts - 119 Yards - 1 TD
    WR Bryce McNeal - 4 Receptions - 109 Yards - 2 TDs
    DE Mallicah Goodman - 3 Sacks - 1 Forced Fumble

7. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

HOLY CRAP THAT WAS CLOSE

Alabama 47 vs Rutgers 41 4OT

That was one of the best and craziest CPU games I've ever played. Unfortunately it was week 1 coming off a bad season and we played horrible at times.

The Good -
    Tony Richardson had 2 runs over 20 yards and 2 TDs.
    LE U. Billingsley had 4 sacks
    K A.Thomas was 4-4 FG and 3-3XP
    3-4 0n 4th and 1

The Bad -
    QB Star Thomas looked very inaccurate throwing 3 Ints
    Rutgers had 2 defensive TDs
    Alabama was a putrid 5-26 on 3rd down
    2 fumbles lost to go with the 3 ints

Although happy to escape with the win, this is not the start the Tide were looking for to start the season. SR QB Star Jackson must shake it off and be more accurate for next weeks bit game.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Wow! I saw your thread in the locker room where said that you couldn't get the game to upload. I'm glad you were able to get it to go through. I'd be pissed if I lost this game!

9. GoGators

You may want to sit ole Star boy down and give him a stern talking too. Or at the least, call the doctor so he can get an eye exam.

10. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Yeah, it crossed my mind during the game. It's kinda crazy I have him sit in the pocket with no pressure and overthrow WR by 5 feet sometimes...
    90 pass accuracy my ass!

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Georgia has some real studs on their board to start the season, unfortunately all of them have users at #1. We will get a good look come week 2 at who we will be pushing for early.

12. jello1717

Heels lose to a CPU controlled team for the first time during coach Jello's tenure.

The Heels lived up to preseason expectations as they lost their season opener to Arizona State 28-34. SR QB A.J. Blue played like crap, throwing 1 TD and 3 picks. SO HB Dallas Kirk ran hard and often as he carried the ball for 100+ yards and 3 TDs. JR WR Jheranie Boyd caught UNC's only TD reception.

The Heels defense played like the steaming pile of crap that they are as the ASU offense pretty much had their way with them. The Heels will have to regroup quickly as they strive to attain 6 wins this year and attend a bowl game.

13. GoGators

Damn, down goes Jello! I have to admit, it's cool seeing people lose to the CPU (unless it's me last year during a sim getting my BCS hopes demolished). How did the game play Jello, was it cheesy or fair?

Also, I'm going to get my game in tonight after work around 9pm. Hopefully everyone can have their games done by then as I'd like to advance us to week 2 this evening.

14. jello1717

You game is the final one remaining.

I didn't check the sliders so I assumed they were the same from last year. Their HB was crazy difficult to tackle. Their DBs played like superman-lite. 1 of my picks was a bad decision. The other 2 had me saying "oh come on!"

I could tell early that I wouldn't win. I'm sure this has nothing to do with sliders, but on an early drive their receiver just ran right through my defender to catch the ball (I took a good pic of it that I might post later).

If you're asking me how the sliders played, my team is a terrible test of them. I've said all along that my team blows monkey nuts and you guys don't seem to get it. My team lost (and will lose again) because they suck, not because of the sliders.

15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm done already. Just haven't posted a recap yet.

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    My game seemed fine. I do find it harder to pass in this league against CpU. Running isn't a walk in the park neither.

17. GoGators

I did modify the sliders. They are posted in the rules thread. They are based off the T1 sliders, which are actually easier than the ones we used last season. I made some slight modifications to them in a couple areas. All in all though, these are closer to default than last seasons were.

One area I remember editing was user tackling and rush defense to try and take out the ridiculous amount of broken tackles the CPU would acheive last season.

Thanks for the update on the games. I intended to play my game last night but it was a crazy day as one of my close friends from high school's dad passed away unexpectedly. On top of that my grandfather had a slight stroke in the morning and was rushed to the hospital. He's stable now so everythings OK. On top of all that, it was my grandma's birthday.

I'm really hoping today is a much slower day.

18. jello1717

Oh yeah. And I'm not sure how many times my QB was sacked and hurried and hit, but he was pressured constantly all game long. I just chalked that up to my shitty O-line though.

19. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Terps Blow Season Opener to Penn State

24-23 in ot.
    Eff my life.
    I made a dumb decision and My "Tebow-Like" QB went down on the 2nd play of the game! 9 effing weeks!
    I decided to go for the win and was sacked. My terrible backup qb just stood there when I tried to step up in the pocket. I've got a big make-up game next week with Georgia. Damn, I cannot believe that happened.

20. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Playbook thread?

21. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Preseason Power Poll

(1)#3 Florida
    (2)#4 Tennessee
    (3)#7 Clemson
    (4)#8 North Carolina
    (5)#9 Maryland
    (6)#20 Florida State
    (7)#21 Auburn
    (8)#24 Virginia Tech
    (9)#29 Georgia
    (10)#31 LSU
    (11)#37 Virginia
    (12)#47 Alabama

22. GoGators

SJSU 10
    UF 38

Gators Look Good in Opener

The Gators opened up their 2012 campaign at home against San Jose St and they looked good.

With some serious questions coming into this season on offense, the Gators answered a couple of them but left a couple very much still in discussion.

QB Jordan Reed got the start and had a solid game. His stats would indicate he had a great game but that wasn't really the case. The WR's had a great game and made Reed look like an All American. The Gators WR's were able to get open with ease against the outmatched SJSU DBs. Unfortunately Reed wasn't always able to connect with the open man. Looks like the QB position is still somewhat open.

At HB, Jr Mike Gillesillee had an OK outing, not as good as the coaches had hoped that's for sure. He carried 18 times for 47 yards and a 2.6 average. He found paydirt once, but wasn't really a big factor in the running game. He also caught 5 balls for 54 yards.

The big story on offense was Omarius Hines and Andre Debose who combined for 7 catches and almost 300 yards receiving and 4 TDs. Debose caught 2 balls both for TDs and 108 yards while Hines added 5 catches for 183 yards and 2 TDs. Impact player TJ Lawrence was shutout but that's not a big concern as he'll have his time in the sun soon enough.

The defense played as expected shutting down the Aztecs on everything they tried. The only disappointing part of the game defensively was a lot of dropped INTs. SR MLB Brendan Beal lead all with 10 tackles and SR DE Willie Green picked up where he left off in his record breaking 2011 season with 7 tackles and 3 sacks.

Next week the Gators go on the road to square off with Clemson in the ACC/SEC challenge. They'll need to play better in order to win that one.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    SJSU
    UF​
    First Downs
    8​
    17​
    Total Offense
    148​
    503​
    Rushes-Yards-TD
    25-8-0​
    42-124-1​
    Comp-Att-TD
    14-22-0​
    14-19-4​
    Passing Yards
    140​
    379​
    Turnovers
    1​
    2​
    T.O.P.
    10:02​
    17:58​

Players of the Game:
    Game Ball QB J. Reed 300.1 rating, 14/19, 379 yds, 4 TDs, 10 car, 22 yds​

23. KnightNoles

I hope so you play mutha f****n SJSU

24. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

That's what I was thinking when I read that. Cant give him too much shit though he is the only guy with 6 user games.

25. KnightNoles

I dont see why he does that to himself I mean the Gators love the easiest way into the Championship and even like backing themselves into it