2012 Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Dec 3, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

User games due by Sunday 12/5 10pm PST
    CPU games due by Saturday 12/4 10pm PST

I adjusted some sliders, nothing too crazy so let me know what you guys think. If you missed redshirting (i think 4 of you did) just bury the guys you want redshirted in depth chart so they dont see the field and they will get a redshirt. Aside from that, good luck to all this season. Lots of user games in season 3 so lets have some fun!

FYI...scheduling this season was a pain. If we do this again next version, we are going to one or two conferences!

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to Week 1!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Arizona Wildcats (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wildcats travel to College Station to face the Texas A&M Aggies (0-0).

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Fighting Illini travel to Columbia to face the Missouri Tigers (0-0).

=============== #11 Iowa Hawkeyes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host #22 Utah (0-0).

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Aggies will host Arizona (0-0).

=============== Missouri Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers will host Illinois (0-0).

=============== Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cornhuskers are idle.

=============== #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Buckeyes are idle.

=============== #12 Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Ducks travel to Gainesville to face the Florida Gators (0-0).

=============== Oregon State Beavers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Beavers are idle.

=============== #4 Texas Longhorns (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Longhorns will host #16 Ole Miss (0-0).

=============== UCLA Bruins (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Bruins will host #20 Boise State (0-0).

=============== #3 Wisconsin Badgers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Badgers travel to Clemson to face the #10 Clemson Tigers (0-0).

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

#20 Boise State - 6
    UCLA - 27

The Bruins come out a little peeved at not being ranked in the preseason polls and take it to the Broncos (they are not the team they used to be, rated C's across the board I believe). The Bruins used a balanced attack, passing for 210 yards and rushing for 159. The UCLA defense shut down the Bronco's, allowing just 168 total yards.

Next week, the Bruins host Big 12 foe, the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

4. omega41

omega41 Walk On

Well whatever you tweaked with the slider I saw my first pass inference call ever lol. Also playing Utah first was a good challenge for my defense which I am overhauling as well as my offense. I liked the results greatly :)

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Haha thats funny because i didnt touch the penalty sliders :) The only tweaks were to CPU running and run blocking and human rush d. FG accuracy for the CPU was also bumped way up because they suck so bad.

6. omega41

omega41 Walk On

Well the Utah kicker missed an extra point.I had a few teams last season miss extra points too so maybe the sliders don't work well for kicking

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yeah Boise's kicker missed an extra point too. Might have to bumped that sucker up to 100!

8. omega41

omega41 Walk On

The problem is that they are hitting 58 yard field goals but missing extra points so I don't know about 100 as they make start kicking 70 yard fg :)

9. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

If I lose a game on a 60 yd fg, I'll be a tad upset haha.

10. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Accuracy not power

11. Cheez

my point remains :p

12. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

My game cpu missed 2 extra points and a 25 yard FG.

13. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

The season began the most perfect way it could for the Badgers, as they recovered a fumble on the opening kickoff and returned it for a td. From there, we never looked back, as we soundly beat Clemson at their house. The freshman corners had their share of mistakes, but Jefferson did a nice job of jumping a route and getting an interception. Phillips did have 2 picks, after only throwing 6 all last year, but kept the offense rolling nonetheless.

#3 Wisconsin 38 - #10 Clemson 20

14. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas 55
    Ole Miss 26

Get To Know Marquise Goodwin

[​IMG]

Goodwin was like an upfield explosion every time he touched the ball. The 5'9" speedster simply refused to be tackled by the the first man and it seemed that every time he touched the ball, the endzone was a strong possibility. Switching to the option spread seems to really demonstrate Marquise's big play ability.

Marquise Goodwin:
    4 carries 105 yards 1 TD
    7 catches 175 yards 1 TD
    7 Returns 133 yards

413 Total yards on 18 touches!

15. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I will have a summary up this evening but i just wanted to say a big thank you to Jayrah. Dude is pure class and was the perfect welcome to league. Guy had a great attitude and i really enjoyed playing him. I couldn't have asked for a better initial user game experience in this OD. Like i told him, if you guys are just half as cool as he was I'm gonna have a lot of fun in this OD!

16. Cheez

Not gonna lie to ya... I fell asleep watching your game on your stream last night hahaha.

Picked it up in the middle of the first quarter... out a little ways into the third. Looked like a pretty decent game.

17. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Whats on Stream?

18. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I streamed the game last night on ustream. I can do that for all user games if you guys would like. The quality isn't the greatest since i'm just filming from my phone, but it works....

19. Cheez

Illinois Answers The 10 Count - KO's Mizzou

Illini: 0 7 14 10 31
    Mizzou: 14 0 0 7 21

In what had "Missouri rout" written all over it in the early goings, the Illini leave Columbia with a 31-21 win. After starting the game with great field position, it did not take Missouri long to get into scoring position. With only 2 minutes and 23 seconds having gone off the clock, sophomore Tyler Whitaker (15-27, 333 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT) threw a strike over the middle which gave the Tigers an early 7-0 lead. Following a 3 and out for the Illini, Whitaker again led the Missouri offense down the field without much resistance from the Illini defense. A solid mixture of passes and runs culminated in another touchdown as the first quarter was about to expire, this one a short run by Kendial Lawrence.

With the score at 14-0 and the Illini having shown little reason to expect any different, a screen pass from redshirt junior Tate Forcier (6-9, 153 yards, 2 TD) to 5th year senior Jack Ramsey (2 rec, 108 yards, TD) would be the spark needed to ignite the fire behind Illinois. The 75 yard pass would not only inspire the offense, but the defense as well. With starter Tyler Gabbert out of the game stemming from a rib injury in the first minute, the front four of the Illini began firing off of the line and setting their sights on Whitaker. The pressure would force a Missouri turnover, which set the stage for the second half.

After only gaining 7 yards on the ground in the first half, and seeing Missouri LB Daniel Pierce go down with an injury late in the second quarter, Illinois RB Justin Green took control of the game in the second half. Green gained 157 yards on 16 carries in the second half alone, tiring out an already battered Missouri defense. But when the Tigers stopped Green on the first drive of the second half, disaster would again strike as a fumble was forced inside the five yard line on the ensuing punt and taken to the endzone. The following drive for Illinois again featured Green doing what he does best, and was capped when Scheelhaase pulled one back out of his chest and lobs it to Howe for a thirteen yard touchdown pass that would give the Illini their first lead of the game at 21-14. Illinois would control the clock and the ball for most of the remainder of the game from here.

The road does not get any easier for the Illini next week as once again they are on the road to face another Big XII squad - Texas A&M. A&M lost their season opener to Arizona 34-13. As for Missouri, they get a week to lick their wounds before heading into a grueling part of their schedule which will see them play 4 games on the road in a 5 week span.

Notes:
    Illinois won the turnover battle 3-1 - something they struggled mightily with last season.
    The Illini defense forced 7 sacks, more than they had in any single game last season.
    Missouri QB Tyler Gabbart is out for 5 weeks with broken ribs.
    Missouri LB Daniel Pierce is out for 3 weeks with a torn pectoral.

20. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Nice comeback cheez

21. Cheez

it doesnt happen without those injuries, sad to say. That 75 yd screen accounted for all but 41 of my total offensive yards in the first half. He really shut down my run (8 yards on 7 carries I believe), and I really dont have anyone to throw to.

If I can make one comment about the game - it was played really quick. I only had 36 plays from scrimmage (27 carries, 9 passes). That's why our stat totals are so low.

22. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Thanks Face! You played a great defensive game. I don't know why but I couldn't do what I wanted to.

23. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

I think Cheez summed it up very well...

When coach Jax was questioned about his teams performance in the first game of the season he had this to say:

"Today was a tough loss for us. We not only lost the game, but two of our starters. It definitely had an impact on the teams morale and I think that was evident on the field. Hats off to Coach Cheez though, Illinois made some great adjustments out there and fought hard to steal the win. We got knocked down today, but with our bye week, we have plenty of time to get things back on track...."