2012 Week 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Feb 21, 2009
    2012 Week 10

now into week 10, that was a super fast advance, good job guys. 3 big user games this week. Make sure everyone is posting their summaries after they play. Next advance will be NLT that Thursday night at 10 PM EST.

Game of the Week:

#3 Ohio St (Maslerboros16) @ #10 Penn St (Hokie Effect)

Heisman Watch:
    1. WR Devon Smith Penn St
    2. HB David Wilson VA Tech
    3. WR Kendall Kelly BAMA
    4. HB Jaamal Berry Ohio St
    5. WR Deion Walker Notre Dame

BCS Top 10:
    1. Texas 1.000
    2. Notre Dame .994
    3. Ohio St .989
    4. Nebraska .983
    5. Miami .978
    6. USC .972
    7. Florida St .967
    8. Oklahoma .961
    9. Penn St .950
    10. West Virginia .944
  2. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Feb 21, 2009
    Texas - 58
    Oklahoma State - 28

Texas Cruises Past the Cowboys to Stay Undefeated

It was the Garrett Gilbert and Dan Buckner show today. Gilbert hit Buckner 11 times for 151 yards and 2 scores. Gilbert finished the day going 22 for 31 for 313 yards and 3 touchdowns. Tre Newton reached the 100 yard mark rushing. He had 105 yards on 18 carries and found the endzone once.

Tariq Allen had 9 tackles (1 TFL) and 1 pass deflection to led the Longhorn defense. Marcus Davis pulled down his 3rd interception of the season to lead the team. Calvin contributed by tallying 1 sack.

The Longhorns next travel to Kansas to face the Jayhawks and try to stay unbeaten.
  3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Feb 25, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Michigan 36
    Mich St 60

In the Battle for Paul Bunyan's Axe, Michigan was destroyed on the road once again. Sparty was able to turn four Michigan turnovers into 26 points. Coupled with their inability to run or catch the ball, Je'Ron Stokes had four of eight Michigan dropped passes, doomed the offense which does not have adequate firepower on offense to play from behind. The defense was battered on the ground to the tune of 330 ruching yards, including a Dorsett like 97 yard TD run at the end of the first half. Michigan is now 6 - 3 on the year, and 4 -1 in the Big Ten with a game next week at Northwestern before The Game.
  4. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Dec 26, 2009
    Teas Tech 37 Baylor 31 OT

Just like last year, the Baylor offense piled up yards and points, but this year the Red Raiders kept up. Texas Tech pulls off a win in OT, on a 22 yard TD run by replacement back, Josh Talbot, after Baylor misses a FG attempt.

Talbot finished the day with 131 yards rushing and 3 TD's, while Cornelius Douglas added 132 receiving yards, including a 90 yard TD reception early in the fourth.

Baylor ended the day with 532 yards of offense, to Tech 466.

Does the CPU play you harder in Rivalry Games?
  5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Jul 4, 2009
    Penn State- 35
    Ohio State- 28

I guess it is better to be lucky than good. Ohio State was the far better team today especially the first half. Ohio State moved the ball at ease going up 21-0 at half. Penn State lost their QB to injury in the 1st quarter and with their 3rd string QB, struggled with only 42yds of offense at half. The second half was a different and interesting story. Ohio State received the ball second half and went 3 and out. Penn State drove the ball with a sense of urgency to cut the lead to 21-7. Ohio State would answer back with a drive into Penn State territory, but the Nittany Lions D stepped up with a 91yd pick 6 as Rhoden tried to force a ball to the freshman sensation James Jackson (i shadowed him almost every play i think) to cut the lead 21-14 and gain some much needed momentum. The Buckeyes would answer back with a score to push the lead to 28-14, but on the ensueing kickoff Devon Smith returned it for a TD, 28-21. This was an obvious turning point in the game and Penn State never looked back. The Nittany Lions were able to put together 2 more drives to go up 35-28. The game winning TD with 33 seconds left was actually bobbled to make this game even more dramatic.

On a side note the weather was horrible rainy and with mystery wind. The flags said 1-2 mph but every kickoff was short in both directions and neither of us could make chippy FG's.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Bucks PSU
    Score 28 35
    Total Offense 422 285
    Rushing 69 25
    Passing 353 260
    Turnovers 3 3

PSU Key Players
    QB Jenkins 253yds 1 TD 1 INT
    RB Beachum 27yds 1 TD
    WR Price 98yds 1 TD
    WR Smith 64yds, KR/PR 119yds 1 TD
    DE Crawford 3 sacks
    CB Givens INT 1 TD

OSU Key Players
    QB Rhoden 352yds 2 TD 3 INT
    RB Berry 70yds 1 TD
    WR Jackson 120yds 1 TD

Pick 6

KR for TD

Game Winning TD

Good game Masler, I will admit you deserved this one. Until next year....
  6. badgerme3

badgerme3 Walk On

Feb 14, 2010
    #4 Nebraska (8-0) vs. Iowa State(3-4)

Anyone that doubted the Nebraska defense has been quieted for at least another week. This one was all Huskers from the start. Iowa State drove down on their first possession but missed a field goal from about 37 yards. Then it was Husker time. Nebraska drove down and Collins Okafor punched it in from 4 yards out to give the Huskers the 7-0 lead.

The Huskers couldn't be stopped. WR Antonio Bell scored 2 touchdowns in the 2nd quarter, one on a 13 yard slant and the other on a 34 yard go route, when Iowa State all out blitzed. Rex Burkhead was hit streaking down the sideline from 28 yards out for the score sandwiched in between the two Bell TDs.

Nebraska led 28-0 at the break. In the 2nd half, it was more Nebraska. Okafor scored 2 more TDs on the ground from 7 and 9 yards out, while Nate Smith added a 24 yard scramble and Burkhead added a 4 yard TD run.

Smith was great through the air as well. He had time to find his receivers all day long and passed for over 350 yards threw the air with zero INTs.

This was the first shutout of Coach Badger's career at Nebraska and the defense played great.

Nebraska 56, Iowa State 0

N. Smith - 17/23 369 yards 3 TD, 5 carries -2 yards 1 TD
    C. Okafor - 29 carries 160 yards 3 TD
    R. Burkhead - 1 carries 4 yards 1 TD, 2 catches 80 yards 1 TD
    B. Cotton - 9 catches 181 yards 1 TD
    A. Bell - 3 catches 56 yards 2 TD
    S. Fisher - 9 tackles 1 TFL
    C. Williams - 6 tackles 1 TFL
    J. Nance - 7 tackles

Iowa State
    B. Bueker - 12/36 170 yards 4 INT
    J. White - 10 carries 32 yards
    P. Mulcahny - 4 catches 78 yards
    L. Range - 2 catches 37 yards
    D. Reed - 14 tackles
    A. Cronin - 10 tackles
    K. Hamlin - 9 tackles 4 TFL 3 sacks
  7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Feb 21, 2009
    USC vs Arizona

#6 USC 52
    Arizona 7

"Total domination in USC Saturday as the Trojans destroy the Arizona Wildcats. Matt Barkley led the unstoppable offense with 380 yards and 6 TDs, only missing on 5 passes. SS Richardson led the defense with a pick 6 shown above. USC moves to 6-0 in pac-10 play and takes on the Washington Huskies next week."

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Jul 13, 2009
    Miami 37
    Virginia Tech 35

I almost lost this game due to a missed extra point (controller did not respond on kick). I took 34-28 lead with ~3 minutes to go but my kicker whiffed on the extra point. VT drove down the field and scored with just over a minute left in the game to go up 35-34. Luckily I made a big pass play and got my guy into field goal range. I have never been that nervous on a straight ~35 yard field goal (DJ was out of timeouts so couldn't ice kicker). My kicker is awful but he managed to get this field goal in with just over 11 seconds remaining.

My controller malfunctions (unresponsive or delay due to lag) started in first quarter when I attempted to call a fair catch. I selected the returner and pressed the appropriate button, but no fair catch was called. My returner was pummeled, fumbled the ball for a TD and was injured for 2 quarters.

Controller problems aside this was an amazing game. It was back and forth all game long. Each time one team would take over the other team would come roaring back. James had an 86 yard rush TD and Cook threw 3 very nice TD passes.
  9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Feb 24, 2009

Oregon - 24
    UCLA - 31

Pretty good game that really could have gone either way. A couple of key fumbles by the Ducks really propelled the Bruins to victory. Im sure it probably would have gone the other had tmac been at the helm but frankly I need all the victories I can get. Sitting at 4-4 with 2 user games left (USC and OSU) a bowl bid seems unlikely.