2012 Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Feb 12, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2012 Week 11

2012 Week 11!

Let's get em in quick guys and keep this thing moving.

Next advance deadline is:
    Monday 10 PM EST

Clemson is unanimous #1 team!

Weekly Polls

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    RK LW Name/Votes
    1 1 Clemson (61)
    3 5 Auburn
    6 8 Virginia
    8 10 Florida
    9 11 FSU
    10 6 Georgia
    11 12 UNC
    14 14 VaTech
    17 17 Tennessee
    24 -- Alabama

NR Maryland, LSU

ESPN Headlines

Gameday
    Games of the Week:

Maryland at #11 UNC

UNC is the clear favorite in this one as they host a 3-5 Maryland team. Maryland QB Murray is doubtful for this one and that surely doesn't help the Terps chances. UNC is nursing it's own injuries though with starting HB Kirk out 2 more weeks and WR Rogers sidelined for another 10. I don't think it will matter though. Look for UNC to end this one early as they have a couple recruits coming to town this weekend.

#24 Alabama at LSU

Both teams have 2 losses in the SEC and are playing for 2nd place as Auburn wrapped up the division last weekend. That doesn't mean this game isn't important. Both teams are trying to come back from disappointments the past year and there's a lot on the line in this one for the direction of these programs not to mention there will be a lot of recruits watching. LSU has the offense, but Bama's bringing the defense to this one. Bama's been to death valley before so I don't think homefield will matter as much as it could. With QB Russell Shephard probable for kickoff, the game hangs in the balance on whether or not this kid can go. Either way, I think Bama has too much on the line to let this one slip away.

#1 Clemson at #9 Florida State

This writer will be rooting for the Seminoles since they'll want them to be ranked as high as possible when they square off with the Gators in the coming weeks. Clemson is the unanimous #1 this week and that's surely going to their heads. Clemson is the statistical powerhouse but with QB Kyle Parker on the shelf and going on the road to tough Doak Campbell Stadium, things won't be easy. The Noles have struggled at times this season, but with the speed and talent on defense, I think they'll have more than enough answers for the knicked up Clemson offense. Clemson will have their hands full in this one. I think Lonnie Pryor has the game of his life and the Noles win by 6. (Note to FSU: if you go to overtime or if the games on the line, be ready cause Coach Beazus likes to go for 2 and the win.)

Heisman Watch
    Barkley makes a bid for the heisman after leading his team to victory.

Player of the Week
    Tennessee HB David Oku, 19 car, 243 yds, 3 TDs, 2 rec, 83 yds, TD

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    M. Barkley QB USC 27/55, 343 yds, 2 TDs, 21 car, 47 yds
    K. Parker QB Clem DNP
    C. Green QB Neb 29/50, 417 yds, 3 TDs, 12 car, 29 yds
    J. Berry HB Bucks 20 car, 87 yds
    J. Reed QB UF 15/24, 282 yds, 9 car, 2 TDs

2. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#1 Clemson - 49
    #9 FSU - 30

Clemson jumped out to a 21 - 7 lead behind the arm of QB Tajh Boyd. FSU would respond to cut the lead to 21-16 on the strength of a safety and a subsequent TD. Clemson would score 2 TDs in the third quarter to increase the lead to 35 - 23. In the fourth quarter, disaster struck for the Seminoles, as the FSU return man was thumped by a Clemson defender and coughed up the ball, which was returned 16 yards for a Clemson TD. After a EJ Manuel pick and another Clemson score, the game was over for FSU. Let me say this game was much closer than the score indicates. If not for the fumble recovery for a TD, it would have gone down to the wire. GG Rechem.

Stats - Clemson

QB Tajh Boyd - 16/20 - 240 Yards - 1/0
    HB Roderick McDowell - 23 Attempts - 95 Yards
    FB Chad Schroeder - 6 Attempts - 18 Yards - 3 TDs
    TE Dwayne Allen - 5 Receptions - 75 Yards
    WR Nate Amos - 3 Receptions - 47 Yards - 1 TD
    DE Spencer Shuey - 5 Tackles - 4 Sacks
    MLB Corico Hawkins - 7 Tackles - 1 Interception
    CB Mansa Joseph - 3 Tackles - 1 Interception

Stats - FSU

QB EJ Manuel - 13/25 - 231 Yards - 3/2
    HB Lonnie Pryor - 10 Attempts - 42 Yards - 1 TD - 5 Receptions - 77 Yards
    WR Willie Haulstead - 3 Receptions - 52 Yards - 1 TD
    DE Brandon Jenkins - 7 Tackles - 1 Sack - Safety

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Virginia Tech- 70
    Tulsa- 13

Good game for Sweetness to return from injury to as he put up 209yds 6 TD rushing and another 68yds rec. Virginia Tech outgained Tulsa 666yds to 209yds with 537yds of it on the ground. Anotne Exum had a good day with 168yd 1 TD. Ju Ju Clayton ran the option offense in the second half with 83yds 2 TD on the ground. The defense finally showed up today with 6 sacks and 6 INT's. Not much of a game, my punter actually had to punt it 4 times on Tulsa's goaline in the 4th to stay under the 70 point cap, so his -2.8avg is a little misleading. This was a good warm up as the Hokies host their in state rival UVA next week.

4. GoGators

That should be a great game. I know MoGriff is looking to rebound after his controversial loss to UNC. I wonder if the out manned and out talented UVA defense will be able to corral the VaTech option attack?

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Beazus took it to the Seminoles. The score would have been closer but, as you all know, I like to turn the ball over! He deserved the win and played a great game. He shut down the run game and that was that. Good luck the rest of the way Beazus!

6. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Bama 21-lsu 31

shepperd ran around like crazy from the start. His defense knocked out smelley for the game, star for 2qtrs, and my rb and fb and pretty much evey skill position guy for at least a few plays. All that lead to a 21-0 halftime lead.
    I fought back and got it to 21-28 but shepperd broke off a big run and he kicked a fg to effectively end it.

7. GoGators

#8 UF 45
    Vandy 0

Gators Dismantle Vandy

Coach KSherm and the Gators took care of a bad Vandy team this weekend to seal the deal on Atlanta. The Gators defense had another big day pitching a shutout in this one. It was hard to tell if it was the defense or just horrible talent from Vandy, but the Gators took advantage of every opportunity they got on defense making 5 interceptions on the day. SS Dee Finley even took one back 92 yards for a TD after looping in and out of defenders.

The offense wasn't it's best but it was effective. The starters got a rest in the 4th quarter as the backups got some action. QB Jordan Reed had another bad day going 13/24 for only 178 yds with 3 TDs and 2 INTs (both on tipped balls).

The Gators focused on getting their running game going in this one and they were somewhat successful as starter Brian Wilkinson gained 56 yards on 18 carries (3.1 avg) but QB J. Reed had 47 yds on 9 carries (5.2 avg) and backup freshman Mike Burley had 80 yards on 7 carries after he broke a 71 yarder. The ground game still needs lots of work, but at least there were some signs of improvement today.

***Injury update***
    WR/KR Frankie Hammond Jr. should return in 1 week as his torn pectoral is still tender. (basically his nipples hurt)

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UF
    Vandy​
    First Downs
    17​
    7​
    Total Offense
    407​
    148​
    Rushes-Yards-TD
    42-223-1​
    24-25-0​
    Comp-Att-TD
    14-26-4​
    15-29-0​
    Passing Yards
    184​
    123​
    3rd Down Conv
    7-14 (50%)​
    1-13 (7%)​
    Turnovers
    3​
    5​
    T.O.P.
    17:42​
    10:18​

Players of the Game:
    Game Ball MLB B. Beal, 4 tkls, 2 INTs

OLB L. McCray 11 tkls​

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Just the UVA game left. And if they beat GT as expected it will set up a VT vs UVA matchup next week where the winner takes the Coastal Division. Thank You Maryland for beating UNC to make this possible.

9. GoGators

Where's the UNC vs Maryland write-up?

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'll play once I get home around 230 est

11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Since Legend was the victor, I'll let him write it up.

12. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Were on our way home and I'll have my stuff done real late unless someone can switch over and do my recruiting for me

13. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Ehem...gators...cough...gators

14. GoGators

I have no idea how to do that

15. GoGators

I'll just advance us tomorrow morning before I go to work.

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    26-14 W over GT

smalls struggled being the guy. Wallace isn't a gamebreaking back nor can't get the long runs like Mack can. Smalls threw 4 picks and now is damn near even with the TD:InT ratio. Luckily my defense was great in this one. Not only did that lone loss sucked I lost my damn RB in that replay as well.

17. GoGators

My bad guys, I forgot to advance us this morning. I was running low on time and running late for work. I'll advance us first thing when I get home tonight so probably around 8pm EST hopefully.

18. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Gators is just worried that he is going to lose that real nice MLB Samuels to Georgia during advance.

19. GoGators

hahaha, you better be careful. He still didn't sign with you and he's coming to Gainesville in week 12. Not looking good for the Bulldogs my friend!