2012 Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2012 Week 11

We are now into week 11. No user games this week so it should be a quick one like usual. Don't forget to post your summaries this week.

Next advance will be no later than Monday at 11 am EST.

Game of the Week:

#3 Nebraska (badgerme3) @ #7 Oklahoma

Heisman Watch:
    1. WR Devon Smith Penn St
    2. HB David Wilson VA Tech
    3. WR Kendall Kelly BAMA
    4. QB Garrett Gilbert Texas
    5. HB Jaamal Berry Ohio St

BCS Top 10:
    1. Texas 1.000
    2. Notre Dame .994
    3. Nebraska .989
    4. Miami .981
    5. USC .975
    6. Penn St .972
    7. Florida St .969
    8. Oklahoma .964
    9. Ohio St .954
    10. West Virginia .937

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Rooting against Notre Dame. Assuming ND loses the USC/Miami game will be huge in deciding National Championship game. Of course win or lose I still gotta play FSU in Conference Championship game.

3. Hova

ND will pry screw up everything, there schedule is a joke AND they only have 11 games, schedule glitch. I dont think they will lose at all, Pry be ND vs the winner of the big 12 champ game

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

I stayed in the Top Ten, whoooooooooooooo

5. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Va tech-49 Tulane- 21

Virginia tech dominated the second half after giving up 21 in the first half. That was due to the fact that Va Tech wasnt able to control the game with their #1 ranked rush game in the nation due to losing heisman candidate David Wilson for 7 weeks to an Abdominal Tear. This is the second Rb to be missing extended play due to an injury when facing a weak team. Now they are down to 3rd string RB senior Zac Evans. But JuJu Clayton stepped his game up by having a career day through the air going 25-37 595 yards 7 tds and 2 picks and running 10 times for 46 yards to lead the team in both categories.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Week 10 Miami vs Va Tech Highlights

[YOUTUBE]59oxGhMSKVg[/YOUTUBE]

Threw this together. Didn't spend a lot of time on this one, whole process from start to finish was probably 30 minutes. It is also posted in my team thread along with a full recap of the game.

7. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Cool shit lol hopefully their will be more highlights to come next year lol

8. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Texas - 41
    Kansas- 14

Texas Wins Big in Kansas

Texas hired the Georgia Tech offensive coordinator before its game with Kansas to see if it could get more running backs involved in the running game. This experiment did not work as the Texas head coach fired the OC as soon as the game ended. Starting quarterback Garrett Gilbert was knocked out of the game with an elbow injury and will probably miss a couple more weeks.

The Longhorn defense was able to put two scores on the board to make up for the stagnant offense. Alex Okafor first returned a tipped pass in the 2nd quarter 60 yards. Next free safety fill-in Jay Outlaw returned another tipped pass a record 106 yards for a score. Tariq Allen added to his team leading total for sacks; 3 on the day. He also forced 2 fumbles. Emmanual Acho was also in the backfield all day. He brought Jordan Webb down twice.

The Texas offense was outgained by the Kansas offense; 297 yards to 269 yards. Garrett Gilbert only passed 83 yards before he was knocked out. He was sacked 3 times. Cedric Ingram came in and totaled 63 yards with 1 touchdown. The new offensive coordinator did allow more Texas backs to touch the ball. Unfortunately none of them put up a dominating performance. Tre Netwon led the way with 64 yards on 11 carries and 1 score.

Texas will next have a bye week before hosting Texas A&M for the yearly Lone Star Showdown.

9. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

My power went out in my apartment complex during the middle of my game vs. Clemson. I know it's fishy and I understand if it needs to be simmed. I will play it again, but if need be you can throw the results out and sim it...unless I lose. Which is possible.

Please forgive me, my OFFL-W Brothers.

10. Hova

What was the score and how much time was left?

11. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Florida State - 14
    Clemson - 9

Coach Vredesbyrd got all he could handle form his former team. Must be something about playing at home, but I cant seem to put together a good game at Doak. All my big wins and user wins have come on the road...Not looking forward to Florida coming to town next week...

Senior Corner AJ Alexander had Two HUGE picks inside the redzone to stunt two long Clemson drives. If Alexander isnt mentioned as ACC defensive player of the year, there is a problem with the voting. He now has 8 INTs on the year, and all have come in critical situations.

Secord was solid as usual, completing 15 of 21 for 154 and a TD. backup runner Jeremy Ostrander finished 104 on 27 carries and a TD.

Florida week is now upon us...for real, I hope I can keep it close. Digital Florida is a beeyotch to play...

[​IMG]

AJ Alexander picking off his second pass of the day to stop a late Clemson score

12. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

i was up 24-20 in the 3rd with about 2 minutes to go in the power outage game.

13. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

"GET OUT OF THE WAY, YOU BIG OAF!"
    [​IMG]
    6' 7", 321lb freshman guard, Terry Frederick heads downfield too soon, and deflects a pass.

It was that kind of day for the Red Raiders.

The first play of the game was a 69 yard TD run by the A&M HB. He had over 100 yard after his first two carries; ended the game with 202 yard and almost 10 yard per carry average. The Aggie QB was 18 of 23 for 336 yards and 4 TD's. Their DT ran a fumble back for a TD. Red Raider kicker missed a 25 yard FG. Stats say the Texas Tech star receiver, Jacoby Franks dropped one pass; he dropped about 4; finished the day with 0 catches. In the third, an Aggie receiver caught a 16 yard pass on 3rd and 17, broke two tackles, and went 92 yards for a TD.

Tech QB, Doege, was knocked out of the game early in the second quarter. Backup QB Riley completed 2 passes out of 13 attempts. One, to a completely uncovered Cornelius Douglas, who scored Tech's only TD on that play; and the second was a screen pass the last play of the game. Riley was missing receivers on three yard routes.

Not counting the o-lineman, Aggie players had 19 pancakes, including one by the QB! The Red Raiders had 2. A&M went for it on fourth down three times late in the game with a big lead. On the last one, the HB broke two tackles and scored.

Ever get to the end of the game and feel there was nothing you could have done to win? This was one of those games. Anyway, Tech loses to A&M, 50 to 10.

The Red Raiders have a much needed bye week before hosting Oklahoma State in Week 13.

14. badgerme3

badgerme3 Walk On

Week 11 2012-2013 #3 Nebraska (9-0) at #7 Oklahoma (7-2)

[​IMG]

Nebraska had its first showdown with a top 10 opponent and the much anticipated game didn't disappoint in the first half. Both teams came out with a lot of adrenaline and you could tell from the opening kickoff that it was going to be a hard hitting affair. The weather didn't cooperate and there was nearly a monsoon in Norman.

Oklahoma received the first kickoff and fumbled it. LB Sean Fisher almost decapitated the return man and Nebraska took over with great field position. Five runs later and Collins Okafor rumbled into the endzone for the opening touchdown of the game.

Oklahoma could have gotten down on themselves, as the crowd was sort of out of hit, but a solid return on the next kickoff to the 35 allowed for the next play to happen.

RB Jamie Calhoun took the handoff, broke three tackles and dashed towards the endzone for the tying 65 yard touchdown run. He was difficult to bring down all day long. Then there was another miscue for the Sooners. The kicker missed the extra point and Oklahoma remained behind 7-6.

Nebraska had an answer as they drove down the field for a field goal and a 10-6 lead.

From there, the Huskers defense took over and really shut down the Sooner offense. They continually went 3 and out. Which would have been great, but the Nebraska offense was stalling as well.

Finally in the second quarter, the Huskers managed yet another field goal and went into the half with a 13-6 lead.

The opening possessions of the 2nd half were uneventful, until Oklahoma got the ball back. They once again gave it to Calhoun, who took it 31 yards for his 2nd touchdown of the game. Again the Sooners were going to tie the game, but the kicker this time had his kick blocked and the Sooners remained behind 13-12.

Nebraska was able to respond on the next possession. Okafor took it in from 4 yards out for his second touchdown of the game and gave Nebraska the 20-12 lead.

Oklahoma responded well and drove down the field. They got to the one yard line on a slant pattern, one of the rare completions of the day for the inept Oklahoma passing game. However, it was time for the blackshirts to step up.

Nebraska stopped four consecutive plays, 2 pass and 2 runs, from the 1 yard line and had a goalline stand.

The next possession for the Huskers really put the dagger into the side of the Sooners as the Huskers scored another FG putting them up 23-12. The Huskers would add a late Okafor TD run on the next possession after an INT and the Huskers cruised to victory from there.

Nebraska 30, Oklahoma 12

Nebraska
    N. Smith - 11/18 111 yards, 7 carries 74 yards
    C. Okafor - 33 carries 178 yards 3 TD
    R. Burkhead - 9 carries 12 yards, 3 catches 7 yards
    B. Cotton - 3 catches 30 yards
    K. Cooper - 3 catches 52 yards
    S. Fisher - 4 tackles 1 FF
    C. Williams - 4 tackles 3 TFL

Oklahoma
    D. Allen - 5/16 44 yards 2 INT
    J. Calhoun - 14 carries 186 yards 2 TD
    L. Haas - 3 catches 31 yards
    J. Harris - 15 tackles 1 TFL
    J. Ibiloye - 12 tackles 1 TFL

15. Hova

I will play my game either now or in The morning, Michigan and penn st need to recruit so I cannot advance anyways, I will pry play in the morning

16. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan is all done

17. Hova

USC gives Washington a trouncing They will never forget

USC 63
    Washington 3

"USC blows the huskies out in their own backyard leaving them with many questions unanswered. The defense dominated them all day causing 6 turnovers. SS Richardson led the charge with a huge game consisting of a pick 6 for a TD, 12 tackles, and 2 forced fumbles. QB Barkley had another huge day threw the air going for over 500 yards and 4 TDs. The big plays were there all day on the Washington D. Trojans head back home next week for a big pac-10 matchup with Oregon St."

18. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Go ahead and advance....I was out of town and played my game real quick before I left. Summary to come later tonight. I though I set my ready to advance.