2012 Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Dec 28, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

User games due by Thursday 12/30 10pm PST
    CPU games due by Wednesday 12/29 10pm PST

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to Week 11!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #13 Arizona Wildcats (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Arizona won 27-24 against USC (5-2).
    This week, the Wildcats are idle.

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (6-3) ===============
    Last week, Illinois won 66-63 against Michigan State (4-5).
    This week, the Fighting Illini will host #6 Michigan (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Renaldo James has committed to Illinois

=============== #12 Iowa Hawkeyes (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 48-14 against Indiana (2-6).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Columbia to face the Missouri Tigers (4-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) K D.J. Coleman has committed to Hawai'i
    - (***) HB Kyle Hodges has committed to Temple
    - (****) HB Joe Alford has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #21 Texas A&M Aggies (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 14-10 against Oklahoma (7-2).
    This week, the Aggies will host Texas Tech (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) P James Foster has committed to Ole Miss
    - (***) QB Mike Hawkins has committed to Texas A&M
    - (****) RT Matt White has committed to Texas A&M
    - (***) LOLB Ashton Jean has committed to Texas A&M

=============== Missouri Tigers (4-5) ===============
    Last week, Missouri won 45-28 against Kansas State (4-5).
    This week, the Tigers will host #12 Iowa (7-2).

=============== Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-5) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 28-14 against Iowa State (6-4).
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Norman to face the #22 Oklahoma Sooners (7-2).

=============== #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 52-23 against Northwestern (2-6).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Purdue (4-5).

=============== Oregon Ducks (4-5) ===============
    Last week, Oregon lost 20-10 against UCLA (7-2).
    This week, the Ducks are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Jason Turner has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) CB Ray Williams has committed to Oregon
    - (****) WR Ron Mays has committed to Oregon
    - (***) LE Matt Fields has committed to Oregon
    - (***) DT Nick Bradshaw has committed to Oregon
    - (***) LE Ira Brown has committed to Oregon

=============== #24 Oregon State Beavers (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 21-14 against Stanford (5-4).
    This week, the Beavers travel to Pullman to face the Washington State Cougars (1-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Jake Jordan has committed to Houston
    - (***) WR Matt Tyree has committed to Washington
    - (***) ROLB Paul Mangum has committed to Oregon State

=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (9-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 41-26 against Oklahoma State (4-5).
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Lawrence to face the Kansas Jayhawks (6-4).

=============== #16 UCLA Bruins (7-2) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 20-10 against Oregon (4-5).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Stanford to face the Stanford Cardinal (5-4).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Chris Moore has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #5 Wisconsin Badgers (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 45-20 against Purdue (4-5).
    This week, the Badgers will host #11 Penn State (7-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Jason Turner has committed to Wisconsin

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

At long last we made it to week 11. Thanks for hanging in there fellas. Only one user game so with a little luck, we can advance before Thursday night. Hell hath frozen over as the Beavers are ranked...sorry Cheez, the pollsters don't seem to like your Fighting Illini :p

4. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Forcier Falls Short Against Former Team
    Illini: 0 13 7 7 27
    Michigan: 10 3 7 10 30

Coming off of an epic thriller against Michigan State, Coach Cheez knew that they would not be able to have an emotional letdown with #6 Michigan coming into Champaign. After falling into a 10-0 hole in the first quarter, it looked exactly as though thats where this was headed. This is especially true when it is noted that the nation's top HB, Justin Green, left the game early with a sprained elbow. It was then that Tate Forcier started to establish his leadership, a quality that coach Rich Rodriguez did not think that Forcier possessed when he was released from their program.

With the score 13-3 in Michigan's favor and time winding down in the first half, Forcier would hit Jack Ramsey down the right side for 29 yards and the only Illini TD of the first half. However, he was not done. Illinois would take over with under a minute remaining to go in the half, and lead his team on a brisk drive setting up a 31 yard field goal to knot the game at 13 going into the break.

Michigan controlled the game for much of the third quarter. Illinois tried to establish a running game with backup tailback Brandon McLaughlin, but all attempts were unsuccessful. Michigan would take the ball back, and attack a defense that had been gashed by injuries in the first half. Both CB Ashante Williams, and SS D.J. Lloyd will miss the rest of the regular season for the Illini with injuries sustained in the first half of their game against Michigan. But pity did not stop Denard Robinson from taking his team down the field for a score that would retake the lead for the Wolverines.

Illinois would fight back, behind the arm of Forcier. He was able to lead the team all the way down the field in under three minutes. The drive would culminate on a one yard run by McLaughlin on a pitch to the right. The run would tie the game at 20 with only seconds remaining in the third quarter.

The very few fans who survived the heart stopping game last weekend in East Lansing were in for another exhilarating finish this weekend. This reporter has already invested thousands into an assortment of pharmaceutical companies, knowing that many in Champaign and the surrounding areas have had to see their doctors over recent weeks. But yet again, here we are.

Michigan would be held to a field goal on their first possession of the fourth quarter, making the score 23-20 with 6:03 remaining. At around the 5 minute mark, Forcier would make his only mistake of the game: forcing a pass over the middle, and putting it into the hands of a waiting linebacker. The interception would give the Wolverines great field position. Cox (19 carries, 90 yards, TD) was able to take advantage of this, taking an option pitch 33 yards and giving the Wolverines a 10 point lead.

Forcier was not finished, and neither were the Illini. Forcier was able to effectively run a hurry up offense, and capped the 1 minute drive with 2:30 remaining via a 17 yard pass to Wilson. With the score now 30-27, 2:30 remaining, and Illinois having all three of their time outs, it was decision time for Coach Cheez. He elected to kick it deep, trusting his defense to get a stop and give the offense a chance to win the game.

The defense was able to hold, but not before giving up a first down and letting all but 43 seconds off the clock. Tate Forcier would have to lead his team down the field into field goal range with no time outs, and he was starting from his own 21. Tate connected with Whitehead to get to the 48, but the Illini drive would stall there.

Forcier finished the game 27-48 for 380 yards, 2 touchdowns and one interception. His counterpart, Denard Robinson, fared incredibly well against a poor Illini secondary. He would go 25-28 for 254 yards with 2 touchdowns in this game.

5. Cheez

And damn... I was first in the "receiving votes" category in both polls. i wasnt getting anything last week!!!

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I noticed that...your were 26th essentially in the polls. You almost pulled off the upset, looks like another heart stopping game from the Illini

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 20
    Stanford - 17

The Bruins continue to live on the edge, narrowly escaping The Farm and the Stanford Cardinal, squeaking out a 20-17 win on the road. The Bruins would fall behind early, thanks to some lousy passing on my part. Stanford scored the first 14 points of the game, putting the Bruins in a familiar position, down early. But the defense would save us, scoring in the 2nd quarter on a pick 6.

The Bruin offense really struggled all game, turning the ball over 4 times. But in the 4th quarter, down 17-13, UCLA managed to finally score an offensive TD with just over 2 minutes to play. The defense would take care of the rest, shutting down any kind of comeback the Cardinal threw at them.

UCLA improves to 8-2, and 6-1 in conference play. They are still gonna need to win out and get some help from their fellow Pac10 foes to win the conference as Arizona only has one loss in conference play and holds the tie breaker.

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

The reason the Illini cannot get ranked is because there is NO D in Champaign

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Oregon is ready to advance. I did my recruiting on the wire, so I may or may not get on the box to set the green light.

10. Cheez

My 4 losses this year:

Texas A&M: 17-14 - last second fg
    Penn State: 34-31 OT
    Iowa: 59-29
    Michigan: 30-27

The reason I can't get ranked is because I've lost a lot of close games. My D was able to hold Cincinnati to 3, and Oregon State to 27 though :)

11. omega41

omega41 Walk On

If being ranked was based on No D I wouldn't be ranked at all :D

12. gowazzucougs

PSU 34, Iowa, 59, Michigan 30, MSU 63, those are the scores I know of. Oregon State scored 27, then let the foot off the gas. That is a total of 213 points in 5 games, with an average of 42.6. That is just horrible. The lowly WSU Cougars have only given up 125 points in all of their games this season. I believe UCLA and Oregon State have both only given up like 135 points through the entire season. The PAC-10 may not be the best conference, but clearly we know how to play defense.

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I did give up 31 points to Ohio State though. But yes, the Pac 10 is superior in every way. Just deal with it the rest of yous!

14. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Wildcats with a bye this week. All done with recruiting and ready to head into next week where the Ducks come into Tucson!

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Go Ducks!

16. Cheez

My average points against is 31.7. Maybe Oregon State and UCLA have given up so few points because the rest of the Pac 10 is BAD :p

17. gowazzucougs

I will have a response when I get home, or when the dyansty wire decides to start working again

18. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Losing to CPU Cal KILLED that cushion i had in the Pac 10 standings!

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yes but i still have ASU and USC. Both will be tough with these sliders and the way I've been playing. You still have Oregon, Oregon State and ASU so its really up in the air. Who knows who walks away this season in the Pac 10.

20. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

+1

Gotta do something to salvage this season.

21. gowazzucougs

Yeah, your lost made the PAC-10 a clusterfuck. If you had simply beaten Cal, this would be a 3 team race, but with that loss I think USC and Oregon are still alive mathematically. In addition, your loss really killed Oregon State's chances of going to the Rose Bowl. If there was 3 way tie between UA, UCLA, and OSU I think Oregon State could have gotten in. However with that one loss, if Oregon State wins out, I need UCLA to lose a game somehow, most likely against USC. And I doubt that is happening. Again, let me say thank you for killing Oregon State's season.

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

The CPU is much tougher this season than last, at least I think so. So anything can happen as far as im concerned. I've really struggled in my most recent games with Washington and Stanford. Even the Wazzu game was close in the first half. So there are no gimmies in the Pac 10 this season. Just look at the scores of the guys playing the CPU. They are pretty close for the most part.

23. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Lornhorns will play cpu game tonight

24. gowazzucougs

The Illini have given up 317 points in 10 games this season, MSU comes in behind with 280, last place Indiana has given up 257. In the PAC 10, the most points given up by a school is 201 by Arizona, the team in first place, in the Big 12 Nebraska has given 300, and last place Colorado has given up 306. The reason you are losing those "close" games is because your defense cannot stop anyone. Imagine if your average was 21 points per game you would probably have 3 or 4 more victories.

25. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

The day began with all indications pointing towards a blowout, as the Badgers jumped out to a 14-0 lead. But a fumble on a punt return that turned into a td and a pick 6 knotted things up in the 2nd Q. HB Williams, who had himself a huge day, quickly responded on the next play with a 74 yard td run untouched. In the third, Penn St was driving to the Badgers 20 yard line, but then was picked off by true freshman CB Jefferson. The Nittany Lions last chance was left short as QB Newsome ran for the first down, only to come up inches short of the first down and endzone. Williams sealed the deal with a 22 yard screen pass on 3rd and long. He had 233 yards and 2 TDs on the day. "It was a good thing we were able to run the ball. We wernt able to do anything in the air. Penn St's secondary is the BEST I have seen all season long." - QB Phillips after the game. He was 9-20 with one pick but was able to get 172 yards.

#5 Wisconsin 31 - #11 Penn St 17