2012 Week 13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Feb 19, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2012 Week 13

2012 Week 13!

Sorry for the slowdown guys. Work was a #$%#$% this week. Hopefully things will settle back down a bit next week.

What's the deal with Legend? You're on the watch list. You had 5 days and you never played your game or did your recruiting. I'd also like to hear something from MoGriff. You've posted in the forums but haven't logged into the dynasty since last Sunday. Let me know what's going on guys.

Next advance deadline is:
    Monday 10 PM EST

Weekly Polls

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    RK LW Name/Votes
    1 1 Clemson (61)
    3 3 Auburn
    5 6 Florida
    6 7 Georgia
    9 12 VaTech
    12 5 Virginia
    13 13 FSU
    14 14 Tennessee
    22 24 UNC

NR Maryland, LSU, Alabama

ESPN Headlines

Gameday
    Games of the Week:

#3 Auburn at USC

This should be a good one against the CPU. I'm pretty sure Auburn wins in a land slide but maybe not. Maybe they look past this one at the SEC game next week.

#5 Florida at #13 FSU

Big matchup. FSU ruined Florida's perfect season last year and busted their BCS hopes. Payback is on the mind of the Gators, but going on the road to Doak Campbell is never an easy task.

These teams are fairly comparable. FSU likes to run the ball while UF likes to air it out. One things for certain, neither of these teams has been taking very good care of the ball lately and in close games, one turnover is usually the difference.

Let's hear what the fans have to say about this one.

Heisman Watch
    UF and Auburn QB's Reed and Miller are moving up the polls in the heisman race. Looks to be setting up a huge showdown on the field in Atlanta in 2 weeks.

Player of the Week
    LSU QB Russell Shephard 4/11, 110 yds, 23 car, 159 yds, 5 TDs.

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    J.Berry HB Bucks 37 car, 163 yds, 2 TDs, 3 rec, 66 yds
    C. Green QB Neb 28/40, 293 yds, 4 TDs, 9 car, 14 yds
    J. Reed QB UF 16/22, 348 yds, 4 TDs, 11 car, 82 yds
    M. Barkley QB USC 13/28, 203 yds, 14 car, 84 yds, 4 TDs
    A. Miller QB Aub 5/7, 89 yds, 5 car, 49 yds, 2 TDs

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Knight's Tidbits​

After a long layoff, the Knight is back...

3 Auburn @ USC
    USC straight owned the Tigers in the early 2000s but this one shouldn't be in doubt.
    Auburn by 17+

#5 Florida at #13 FSU
    Florida still has the firepower of the Seminoles but maybe closer than we think.... hate sayin that
    Florida 13.5

3. GoGators

It's a big week for the schools from Michigan. With Ohio St and Penn St ranked #2 and #4 respectively, and facing Michigan and Michigan State. I'm pulling hard for the Michigan schools. Then, if I can solve the defensive riddle I call Coach Noles, I may be able to back my way into the BCS and get a rematch with Beazus. All going on the assumption I can handle FSU this week.

Come on Michigan!!!

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Virginia Tech- 59
    Kansas State- 10

Virginia Tech finishes the regular season on a high note as they punish Kansas State. The Hokies again had a much more balanced attack as they threw for 288yds and ran for 226yds. Sweetness ran for 110yds 4TD on only 14 carries as he and the rest of the 1st team offense sat the entire second half as they try to stay healthy for the ACCCG.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Hey Im not going to be able to log into the od until tomorrow night after work. Gator can you tell me if you landed that MLB Samuels.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I know this was difficult for you!

Glad to see that you're finally coming to your senses!

7. GoGators

Oh yeah, it's posted in the recruiting thread already.

8. GoGators

You know I was born and raised in the Mitt right? Been to numerous U of M and MSU football camps and everything else. Was always more of a Spartan than a Wolverine though, cause half my family went to State. My true loves growing up were the Irish and the Gators though.

I got some love for the hometown teams though. I found something interesting out a while back while reading Urban Meyer's book. He was actually interested in the Michigan State job back in 02/03 before he took the Utah job. He interviewed and everything but Michigan State told him that he was a second tier coach and if they didn't get the guys on their first list they'd give him a call back. I bet that AD gets kicked in the junk regularly for that one.

9. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

LSU @ Arkansas (W 42-17)

Just another well controlled game. 35 -10 at halftime due to a pick at the 50 with :17 left and then a short option to the right and two pass plays. The final one was a 28 yd bomb over the head and into the hands of Randle for his second TD of the game.

One of my better defensive games thus far as Arkansas only had 277 yd form scrimmage.

Shepard 4 MVP Watch: 199.3 QB RTG | 14/18 | 182 yd | 2 TD | 1 INT
    20 carries | 114 yd | 5.7 ypc | 3 TD | 3 BTK

And these highlights.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17087595

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17087330

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17087238

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17087072

10. GoGators

Damn Shephard is a beast running the football. He's charitable too. He could have kept the one in the 3rd highlight and housed it himself but he must have felt fatigued since he pitched it 10 yds down field haha.

11. Hokie Effect

Just took a look at the BCS standings and I too will be cheering for the Michigan schools. If Ohio State and Penn State both lose and I beat a #1 Clemson team in the ACCCG, I should face the winner of the SECCG in the BCS title game. Wishful thinking, but stranger things have happened.

12. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#1 Clemson - 51
    Arizona State - 25

Clemson looked pretty sloppy on the road but nevertheless the Tigers pulled off the win. It looked like an upset was brewing in the first quarter, as Tajh Boyd threw 3 interceptions. The ineffective Boyd was pulled for Eddie Williams, who played good enough not to lose. Think the Tigers are missing Kyle Parker right about now? The Tigers were eventually able to pull away from ASU thanks to some timely interceptions and the Clemson running game. Next week Clemson plays its in-state rival South Carolina in Death Valley.

Stats - Clemson

QB Tajh Boyd - 4/7 - 110 Yards - 1/3
    HB Andre Ellington - 27 Attempts - 183 Yards - 1 TD
    WR Bryce McNeal - 7 Receptions - 143 Yards - 2 TDs
    SS Carlton Lewis - 9 Tackles - 2 Interceptions

13. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

Tenn 65
    Vandy 21

Bryce Brown back from his injury with a big day, with 160 rushing yards. Along with Oku's 150 yards and 5 Touchdowns the Vols dominated on the ground.

14. KnightNoles

Auburn gets scare from USC

[​IMG]
    QB Andrew Miller leads Auburn to victory

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 F
    AUB 14 3 10 20 47
    USC 13 0 7 13 33

Los Angeles, CA-- Auburn traveled to the Coliseum to try and end the horrors against a USC and continue the streak. Auburn held a 27-20 lead going into the 4th quarter. USC came alive as they scored 13 points and took the lead 33-27. Andrew Miller would respond and lead the Tigers back down the field and tie the game on a 4 yard run but the XP was missed. Auburn would go on to score twice more and make the score seem larger than it really was.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17111360

Team Stats
    Aub USC
    Score 47 33
    First Downs 17 24
    Total Offense 442 484
    Rushes-Yards-TD 39-253-4 23-85-4
    Comp-Att-TD 16-28-2 32-55-1
    Passing Yards 189 399
    3rd Down 6-14 (42) 5-13 (38)
    4th Down 2-2 (100) 2-3 (66)
    Redzone-TD-FG 7-4-2 (85) 4-4-0 (100)
    Turnovers 1 3
    Fumble 0 0
    Interception 1 3
    Total Yards 656 714
    Punts-Avg 5-46.0 4-39.5
    Pen-Yards 2-7 0-0
    TOP 14:33 13:27

15. GoGators

#5 UF 24
    #13 FSU 21

[​IMG]

Gators Find a Way

The Gators were unable to cover the spread this week against rival FSU, but a win's a win.

The Gators had control of this game at the start as they led 7-0 at the end of the first thanks to an amazing pitch and catch by J. Reed to A. Debose (highlight below).

The Seminoles appeared to be slightly rattled for most of the game as their offensive line incurred numerous holding penalties, putting a damper on the FSU running attack. 1st and 15+ are a tough get against the UF defense.

After both starting QB's got knocked out in the 2nd quarter, FSU's head coach rolled the dice at the wrong time. Backup QB W. Secord came in for relief of E. Manuel and on his first throw he threw it right to All American CB J. Brown for an INT.

Coming into this game, the Seminoles seemed to make it a point that they wanted to take care of the ball in the passing game. This was evident by Manuel holding the ball a little longer than normal all game resulting in a couple sacks.

The Gators took advantage of the backup QB's mistake. Working with a short field, HB Brian Wilkinson capped off the 28 yard drive with a 1 yd TD run. Making it 14-0 Gators at the half.

After an invigorating speech at halftime, the Noles came out fired up. They took the ball 80 yards on their opening drive capped off by a 4 yd TD run by L. Pryor to make it a game again at 14-7.

The Gators didn't respond well. As Coach KSherm's GF, came down to the sidelines and gave him a kiss good bye following the kick return, the coach appeared distracted. On the next play, QB J. Reed made an illadvised throw right to FSU safety N. Moody.

The Gators D answered the call though. OLB L. McCray put a huge hit on FSU's running back forcing a fumble and D. Finley recovered it to get the offense the ball back while maintaining its lead.

The Gators drove the length of the field capping off the drive with a 4 yd TD run by A. Debose.

FSU would come storming back. E. Manuel led a great drive hooking up with R. Smith for a 10 yd TD to make it 21-14 with two minutes left to play.

On their ensuing drive, Gators HB Wilkinson got pile drived by FSU's DT on a sweep play forcing a fumble the Noles would recover. With only a short field to work with, the Noles would score again when E. Manuel found W. Haulstead from 4 yds out to knot the game at 21 a piece with 40 seconds remaining.

The Gators had all 3 of their timeouts remaining. After an 18 yard pass and a 10 yd run by J. Reed, the Gators were almost in FG position. Then, J. Reed was sacked for a 7 yard loss with 15 seconds left. On the next play, J. Reed hooked up with T. Lawerence for 24 yards putting the Gators just into FG range.

Coach KSherm sent the FG unit out hoping to get the W. Kicker K. Latimer hit it square and let it fly barely inching the ball over the crossbar for the win!

Great game from Coach Recchem! That was a great sim style game and I'm already looking forward to next seasons rematch when he has to come to the Swamp. Hopefully he won't be bringing L. Pryor with him.

UF
    FSU​
    First Downs
    13​
    13​
    Total Offense
    286​
    278​
    Rushes-Yards-TD
    24-50-2​
    24-61-1​
    Comp-Att-TD
    15-17-1​
    17-23-2​
    Passing Yards
    236​
    217​
    3rd Down Conv
    5-7 (71%)​
    5-9 (55%)​
    Turnovers
    2​
    2​
    T.O.P.
    13:48​
    14:12​

Players of the Game:
    Game BallOLB L. McCray 9 tkls, 3 tfl, sack, ff

FSU QB E.J. Manuel, 190.1 rating, 17/22, 217 yds, 2 TDs,​

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17127214
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17127188
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17127238
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17127245
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17127285

16. GoGators

Nice win Noles. Not sure how I would have felt if you would have lost to the Trojans.

17. GoGators

Just Cole and Legend to go game wise. MoGriff, last login 2/14. Legend last login 2/13. You guys still participating?

18. Hokie Effect

All I hear is......

[​IMG]

19. KnightNoles

just went into Mo's party, it wasnt him it was his bro.. he said he will be back tomorrow probably

20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I'll get mine in after the hockey game.

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Gators pretty summed up the whole game. It was the most fun I've had at 6am since college ;) Great game man. I look forward to bringing Pryor and the boys to the swamp next season for some pay back (crossing fingers Lonnie stays!)

22. GoGators

That was a very fun game, even for as early as it was. You know you're in a great league when even if you lose you still have a good time.

And yes you better hope Lonnie stays because a rattled underclassmen as your main ball carrier in the Swamp is never a good thing.

23. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I'll play mine tonight. Sorry guys