2012 Week 13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Jan 2, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

User games due by Wednesday 1/5 10pm PST
    CPU games due by Tuesday 1/4 10pm PST

2. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Injury report update: Starting HB White is probable to play in the season finale. "My shoulder is feeling fine. The 4 weeks off helped out. 2nd string Williams did a great job taking over and receiving the bulk of the carries in my absence. Now its time to deliver that 1-2 punch once again."

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to Week 13!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #9 Arizona Wildcats (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Arizona won 19-17 against Oregon (4-6).
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Corvallis to face the Oregon State Beavers (7-3).

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Illinois won 45-38 against Purdue (4-7).
    This week, the Fighting Illini travel to Madison to face the #4 Wisconsin Badgers (10-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Joe Rawls has committed to Illinois
    - (***) DT Kyle Williams has committed to Illinois

=============== #16 Iowa Hawkeyes (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Iowa lost 48-28 against Ohio State (10-0).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Minneapolis to face the Minnesota Golden Gophers (6-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Jonathan Hollis has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (***) LE Tony Doyle has committed to Ole Miss
    - (*****) FB John Mitchell has committed to Alabama
    - (***) HB Michael Nelson has committed to Washington
    - (****) HB Cam Strong has committed to Iowa

=============== #20 Texas A&M Aggies (9-2) ===============
    Last week the Aggies were idle.
    This week, the Aggies travel to Austin to face the #2 Texas Longhorns (10-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) QB DeMario Turner has committed to Texas A&M

=============== Missouri Tigers (5-6) ===============
    Last week, Missouri won 21-14 against Kansas (6-6).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Ames to face the Iowa State Cyclones (6-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Missouri targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) HB Ken Van has committed to Missouri

=============== Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-6) ===============
    Last week the Cornhuskers were idle.
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host Colorado (2-9).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Kyle Williams has committed to Illinois
    - (***) LE Johnny Phillips has committed to BYU
    - (***) ROLB Marcus Adams has committed to Nebraska
    - (****) SS Darren Sharpe has committed to USC
    - (****) SS Drew Young has committed to Nebraska
    - (****) HB Josh Ryan has committed to Nebraska

=============== #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (10-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 48-28 against Iowa (8-3).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host #5 Michigan (8-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:

=============== Oregon Ducks (4-6) ===============
    Last week, Oregon lost 19-17 against Arizona (8-2).
    This week, the Ducks will host Washington State (1-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Kris Espinosa has committed to Oregon
    - (*****) HB Melvin Jordan has committed to LSU

=============== Oregon State Beavers (7-3) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State lost 29-21 against USC (7-2).
    This week, the Beavers will host #9 Arizona (8-2).

=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (10-0) ===============
    Last week the Longhorns were idle.
    This week, the Longhorns will host #20 Texas A&M (9-2).

=============== #14 UCLA Bruins (9-2) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 51-13 against Arizona State (3-7).
    This week, the Bruins are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) QB Jamel Booker has committed to LSU
    - (*****) HB Melvin Jordan has committed to LSU
    - (****) WR Steven Pratt has committed to Arizona State

=============== #4 Wisconsin Badgers (10-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 35-21 against Michigan State (5-6).
    This week, the Badgers will host Illinois (7-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Jamarr Anderson has committed to USC

4. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Injury report update in Champaign:

Justin Green will play this week for the Illini, and is not even listed on the injury report.

D.J. Lloyd (strained shoulder) and Ashante Williams (high ankle sprain) are out for the game against Wisconsin. They are expected to be back in time for the bowl game.

5. Cheez

great job Mexi... you have a phenominal team.

good luck in the BCS. Bring the Big 10 glory!

6. MexiRican35

Wisconsin finishes its regular season on a high note. White, coming off his injury, started the scoring with a 4 yard TD run in the first. After a Illini FG, HB Williams would take a pitch from Phillips, get some blocks on the perimeter, juke past the safety and take it 73 yards for the score. The 14-3 margin would be the closest the game would be after that point. White would then score again, this time on a screen while dragging a d-lineman into the endzone. Forcier would be able to connect with Millines before the half, making it 38-24. Backup QB Budmayr would also get in on the action throwing a score to Houston. The Illini would have to rely on their passing game now. WR Davidson fully extended and made a nice catch over the middle, but SS Claxton laid the lumber on him, jarring the football lose and giving it back to the Badgers. That turned into a White TD run. Illinois would score 2 late TDs, but it was too little too late. "We did a hell of a job shutting down the number one rusher in the land. We were able to make them one dimensional and took an early lead, forcing them to rely on the pass." Green, the leading rusher in the land, was held to only 25 yards on 9 carries. Phillips, with the Illini D putting 8 on the box consistently, was able to find passing lanes, going 8-10 with 180 yards. "Weve had teams stack the box all year against us. This isnt something new. But I have faith that our o-line can still create holes for our backs to find." - Phillips. Now all of Madison focuses their attention to The Backyard Brawl, rooting for Pitt to beat West Virgina.

#4 Wisconsin 38 - Illinois 24

7. MexiRican35

You too man. Luck in the Texas Bowl

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Just FYI: Arizona and Oregon State are battling tonight, hopefully there are no internet issues like there was on Sunday.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Sunday night sucked...I lost a complete game and had to replay it. Didnt have any user games that night but the servers have been kind of shitty as of late. Go Beavers!

10. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I just tried to get my game in and had some connection issues that ended up knocking my game off. I have a new ISP that I'm not so happy with so far. I wasn't able to play a user game in another OD because I couldn't connect. I am going to try to get it fixed, but I can just take the sim in my game, since it's of not too much importance at this point.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

U still have until tomorrow night if you want to replay it.

12. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I thought Goodwins FG return as time expired in the first half of the 45 to 42 Texas vs Wisconsin game would be the highlight of the year, BUT THEN...

Katz to Prince happened.

Looks like that was quite a game.

13. gowazzucougs

#9 Arizona 34
    Oregon State 35

In the 30-40 years since joining the PAC-10 Arizona has never been to the Grand Daddy of them All. It is the one PAC-10 school to never have played in the Rose Bowl. However, this season appeared to be the year, they had only suffered one loss in conference play, a surprising loss to CAL. All they had to do was go into Corvalis beat Oregon State and then beat ASU and the drought would be over. Well, I guess Arizona has to wait until next year because the Beavers pulled off the dramatic come from behind victory upsetting the Wildcats 35-34.

This was a great game played by both teams, Oregon State went into the game wanting to stop Arizona's star WR Richard Morrison and for the most of the game it did just that, with Arizona's QB throwing two interceptions that were intended for Morrison. The second interception resulted in a pick six giving Oregon State a 14-10 lead with a minute to go before half time. However, the Wildcats would respond and score a touchdown with 23 seconds remaining with David Douglass hauling in a 13 yard TD pass from Matt Scott.

In the third quarter, Oregon State pulled out some magic on a play action jet sweep pass with Katz hitting TE Colby Prince for a 57 yard TD reception giving OSU the lead. The Wildcats would respond and seemingly take control of the game scoring 17 unanswered points to take what appeared to be a commanding 34-21 lead with 3 minutes remaining in the game. During this stretch, with the score 27-21 Arizona's defense stuffed a fourth and inches play by the Beavers near the fifty yard line.

As Arizona seemed to be in commanding lead and then disaster struck. I can't remember if I punted the ball or Arizona intercepted a Ryan Katz pass, but they had the ball with less three minutes to go in the game when the comeback began. Oregon State stripped from Kenjon Barner and recovered it. The Beavers would score quickly with Katz hitting Matt Wilkinson for a 3 yard TD pass. The Beavers chose to kick it deep with 3 time outs remaining. The defense was able to force a punt, but luckily for Arizona the ball was downed on the Beavers 5 with a minute to go.

Katz then led the team on a miracle drive. He got off a big pass play that put the Beavers on or near their 40. Katz hit a couple of more passes, and then he hit the man of the hour, TE Colby Prince for 30 yard touchdown pass with 16 seconds remaining to tie the game and with the extra point win it.

14. gowazzucougs

It was, when I have time I will upload the videos, but the question is which Katz to Prince pass are you referring to, the game winner or the Jet Sweep Play Action Pass that went for a 57 yard TD

15. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I am referring to the game winner of course.

Quarters defense really failed arizona on that play.

16. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Sooooo much went wrong that game. The long catch and run was after Katz got KILLED and the duck landed right in his WR's hands. Me throwing two picks in my own territory and one in the endzone were the absolute worst. Oh well, Cougs did a great job capitalizing on my mistakes where i couldn't with his. Now all i can hope for is a USC victory over UCLA.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

@mboda get your game in tonight. After the user game is done, we're advancing. Dont let a sim lose ruin your season man!

18. Cheez

We've got enough issues in the BCS already.... need mboda to knock out Michigan now too.

19. mboda

mboda Walk On

[​IMG]@[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 Ohio State extends its winning streak to 25 in a row after taking care of #5 Michigan. The Michigan defense did a good job slowing down the great Ohio State rushing attack, holding OSU's big trio of RB's to only 139 yards on 36 carries. QB Kenny Guiton had one of his best game this year, throwing for 275 yards and 4 td's. OSU WR Brad Smith had a big day with 8 catches for 112 yards and 3 touchdowns. Michigan QB Denard Robinson had a day to forget. On the first offensive play of the game, Robinson threw an INT and got hurt on the play. He returned later in the game only to get injured again. OSU RB Jaamal Berry had his worst day of the year and had only 19 yards on 10 carries and got hurt late in the 2nd quarter, but Michael Chapman picked up the slack by rushing for 83 yards and a touchdown.

The Ohio State is now 11-0 on the year and has a huge game next week as they welcome #2 Texas to Columbus, which is a rematch of last years National Championship which was won by Ohio State.

20. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

seems as if the game is over and Ohio St has taken care of Michigan pretty handily. 35-14.

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Holy Sh!t mboda with a summary ;) Just kidding man...nice win and good luck next week against the Longhorns

22. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas 38
    Texas A&M 14

The Texas Showdown went down, and so did the Aggies.
    (Not in that way, get your mind out of the gutter)

Texas A&M put up good numbers but came up short by missing too many FGs(3) and giving up big runs in the 4th. Aggies struggled on the ground but QB Dorman Made up for it connecting on 25 of 35 passes for 350 yards and 1 TD with no interceptions. Texas WR Goodwin put up 131 yards and 3 TD on 9 touches and HB Newton busted off 2 4th quarter 50 yard TD runs to seal the deal. Texas A&M really could have used some help from their kicker as with a little better foot it would have been a 4 point game in the 4th quarter.

Now Texas, and the rest of the nation get to look forward to the week 14 primetime event... Texas at OSU.

23. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

The Aggies fought hard in this one but came up short, literally, several times down the stretch, including those 3 fg attempts. Coach Davis after the loss: "I feel like we had the right plays called for every situation, but we didn't execute. The difference in the game was just that. I mean we had runs that should have gone, but we ran into the back of a blocker, or missed a block. We had 2 screens set up perfectly, but failed to make a read, first was the runner, second was the blocker. On the 2 early tds by those guys, our defense was set under the wr, and also over the top. We implemented a couple interesting coverages to throw at the quarterback, hoping his inexperience would lead to a turnover, but we didn't drop deep enough. Just a lot of silly little things. The 2 runs in the 4th? What do you do? We threw the kitchen sink at them and missed. That's an incredible team over there, and I feel like we're getting to be the same way. Our job now is to finish the season, like we need too. And hit the recruiting trail again."

Texas was impressed with the TAMU playmakers, but unfortunately, that led to them also making a strong effort to go right at them. That neutralized the Aggies and really forced more commitment from the edge than they normally like to give. Giving credit to the Horns LB Kyle Mangan: "They really did good moving Goodwin around, he was everywhere and nowhere. We keyed him a lot, but they still found ways to get him involved." Coach Davis added "The Newton kid was strong, but Goodwin was really impressive. He came in all sorts a ways at us. 9 touches for him really isn't that much I'm sure, but he got the job done. Made the most out of it. Again, we had it covered but he busted out."

24. gowazzucougs

I prefer Mannion, but the Katz to Prince combo is deadly