2012 Week 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Jan 6, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

User games due by Saturday 1/8 10pm PST
    CPU games due by Friday 1/7 10pm PST

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

If someone could post up the Dynasty Wire crap, I would appreciate it. Advanced late last night and couldnt get to the CPU in our room. I know we have 2 user games. The Civil War and the Game of the Year (Texas @ Ohio State) I believe only 3 other CPU games are on the schedule so hopefully we can knock this week out early.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Welcome to Week 14!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #16 Arizona Wildcats (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 35-34 against Oregon State (8-3).
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Tempe to face the Arizona State Sun Devils (3-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Ryan Davis has committed to Arizona

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (7-5) ===============
    Last week, Illinois lost 38-24 against Wisconsin (11-1).
    This week, the Fighting Illini are idle.

=============== #13 Iowa Hawkeyes (9-3) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 45-14 against Minnesota (6-6).
    This week, the Hawkeyes are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) QB Kenneth Greene has committed to Purdue
    - (***) FS Josh Sands has committed to Boise State
    - (***) K Thurman Stephens has committed to Penn State
    - (***) FS Jimmy Lacey has committed to Iowa

=============== #24 Texas A&M Aggies (9-3) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M lost 38-14 against Texas (11-0).
    This week, the Aggies are idle.

=============== Missouri Tigers (6-6) ===============
    Last week, Missouri won 14-11 against Iowa State (6-6).
    This week, the Tigers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Missouri targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) LOLB Brian Concepcion has committed to Missouri
    - (***) CB Tom Wilson has committed to North Texas

=============== Nebraska Cornhuskers (5-6) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 38-31 against Colorado (2-10).
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Tuscaloosa to face the #5 Alabama Crimson Tide (9-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Nathan Wagner has committed to Nebraska
    - (***) TE Jason Hines has committed to Nebraska

=============== #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 35-14 against Michigan (8-2).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host #2 Texas (11-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Michael Miller has committed to Miami

=============== Oregon Ducks (5-6) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 48-14 against Washington State (1-8).
    This week, the Ducks will host #20 Oregon State (8-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Xavier Vinson has committed to Oregon
    - (***) WR Blaine Morris has committed to Oregon

=============== #20 Oregon State Beavers (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 35-34 against Arizona (8-3).
    This week, the Beavers travel to Eugene to face the Oregon Ducks (5-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Antwan Cook has committed to Oregon State
    - (***) RE Nick Thomas has committed to Oregon State

=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 38-14 against Texas A&M (9-3).
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Columbus to face the #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (11-0).

=============== #11 UCLA Bruins (9-2) ===============
    Last week the Bruins were idle.
    This week, the Bruins travel to Los Angeles to face the #8 USC Trojans (8-2).

=============== #4 Wisconsin Badgers (11-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 38-24 against Illinois (7-5).
    This week, the Badgers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR John Schneider has committed to Wisconsin

4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Wildcats crushed the Sun Devils in the Battle for the Commonwealth Cup. Now its time to root for Trojans harder than i did when i was losing my virginity :p

5. dakota7

So that was last week?

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA 0 3 7 21 7 38
    USC 21 0 3 7 0 31

Jesus I almost let this one get away from me. As usual I feel behind a good team early on, as my offense was just horrid. After being down 18 starting the 2nd half, QB Kevin Prince was pulled from the game in place of Richard Brehaut. UCLA led a spirited comeback in the 2nd half, behind Brehaut's passing. I believe he ended the game 17-20 with 4 TD's. The defense also came up huge in the 2nd half, forcing some key fumbles to keep the Bruins in the game.

UCLA took a 7 point lead with under 1 minute to play as Sophomore HB Malcom Jones scored the go ahead TD after a USC fumble. But, USC would get to the UCLA 45 yard line with only 1 second to play. The Trojans prayers were answered as they scored on long pass as time expired.

So, off to OT. UCLA would lose the toss and get the ball first. On 3rd and 12, Brehaut connected on his 4th TD pass, a 27 yard strike to put the Bruins in i front by 7. USC's turn. The Trojans would convert on a 3rd and long to get the ball to the Bruin 1 yard line...first and goal. Thats when the Trojan offense would sputter. On 1st down, they threw an incomplete pass. On 2nd and 3rd down, they tried to stuff the ball in the on the ground, but managed to lose yards. So on 4th and goal from the 5 yard, QB Matt Barkley would get sacked just as he was throwing the ball (I think I had his receiver covered anyways but who knows).

So, the Bruins win the Pac 10 and a trip to the Rose Bowl. Will they square off against Wisconsin or will some other team get the bid to Pasadena?

I have a bunch of highlights saved from this one...I will try and upload them at some point this weekend so you can see the hail mary at least. Its all on the wire if you want to look.

7. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Nice win Rec. Congrats on your Rose Bowl birth. UCLA is back!

8. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

Great Comeback!!! Well Done Rec!

9. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas 31
    OSU 28

No Knock on QB Wood:
    Texas backup Prevailed Where Gilbert Failed

Roller Coaster game where Texas jumped out to an early lead, then had to recover from giving up a 15 point late game lead to let the Buckeyes Tie, before ultimately kicking the game winning FG as time expired.

Texas got of the a quick start converting their first drive with a 8 yard screen pass to the often overlook #2 WR D'sean Hales. OSU responded with a FG. The next texas drive QB wood barely threaded a ball on a corner to TE Graham off a playaction for a 36 yard TD. After and interception QB Wood hit Goodwin on an end around screen pass for a 26 yard score, and the Longhorns had jumped out to an early 21 to 3 lead. But the Buckeyes weren't done yet!

Buckeye QB Kenny Guiton hit WR James Jackson for a TD on a 7 yard curl over the middle. Conner tried to force the action before the end of the half and threw a pick which lead to another OSU FG as the half expired. Making the score at the midway point 21-13 texas.

Texas struck first in the 3rd quarter when Wood hit WR Mike Davis on a 9 yard out in the corner of the endzone. But from that point on the buckeyes defense had the longhorns number. OSU drove the field and for the first time in his career the giant OSU HB Chapman was stopped on 3rd and inches by safety Mike Heinz, but on the next play Chapman challenged Heinz again and smashed him 3 yards deep into the endzone. The OSU TD made the score texas 28 OSU 20.

The longhorn offense continued to sputter and the teams traded possession until OSU connect for a 17 yard TD on a screen to HB Jamaal Berry. OSU went for 2 to tie, they ran it with chapman who collide with the corner at the 2 but still carried the tackler a few yards into the endzone. With 1 minute and 32 seconds left in the game, the score tied... Again.

For those of you who may have forgotten, texas also had the ball with under 2 minutes in a tied game in last years national championship game. That game did not end well for the longhorns as they drove the thier own 45 the longhorn coach forgot the game was tied and went for 4th and 12 with less than 30 seconds to go, all but handing the game to the Buckeyes.

With Gilberts career ended with a broken tibia, backup Connor Wood had his shot to lead the texas to victory over OSU. On the first play wood shifted right in the pocket looking to dump the ball over the DE to the HB on a delayed route, but HB Newton got so caught up in blocking he forgot to run his route. Which may have been fortunate for QB Wood, as the right side of the field was left wide open and he scampered 25 yards to the Longhorn 45 yard line.

Trying to show better clock management Texas ran twice to wind the clock and not allow OSU a possession if they failed to get another first down. On third down and 5 from the 50 with 22 seconds left in the game, OSU brought a 6 man rush, and qb wood had the presence of mind (or quick paniced thinking) to lob the ball to TE Graham running a corner route against a safety in man coverage. Graham broke on the corner route with perfect timing to the release of Connors rushed prayer, the defender was slow to react to the break, Graham was able to grab the pass easily with a large cushion, and gain the necessary yards for the game winning FG.

no highlights as my game froze as soon as the post game started.

10. Jayrah

Wow another thriller. Becoming a regular rivalry game I'm sure!

11. mboda

mboda Walk On

Good game man. I will see you next year

12. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

Great Game Guys!

13. dakota7

Recc, the Civil War is going down tonight after the Jets/Colts game.

14. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

#20 Oregon State 31
    UNR Oregon 28

This was a classic rivalry game, going into double overtime. Both offenses had it going on for most of the game, Oregon State marched the ball methodically down the field eating up the clock, while Oregon relied on big plays of 21, 77, and 43 yard touchdown passes. The star for the Beavers was Ryan Katz who threw for 286 yards, and running for 27 yards on 7 carries while scoring 1 rushing touchdown. Katz' two big targets were Kevin Cummings who caught 7 passes for 83 yards, and Colby Prince who caught 4 passes for 68 yards.

In overtime the Beavers started with the ball and on third ten from the Ducks' 25 yard line Katz got sacked forcing the Beavers to go for it which was unsuccessful. The Beaver faithful were in dispair when this occurred, and then the defense step up. On the first down the Ducks attempted a play action roll out pass, which resulted in a sack. The Ducks next two plays were unsuccessful. Then the Ducks attempted a field goal, but it was unsuccesful. In second overtime, the Ducks were unable to score because Darron Thomas threw his second pick of the game. The Beavers then converted a first down, and on third and nine the Beavers kicked the game winner.

Good game to Dakota. I have a feeling this will be a good annual rivalry.

15. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Additionally, I have heard a rumor that the Oregon State and the Oegon coaches will be facing off in an alternate universe coaching different teams in a few days. There is a strong chance the results may be different

16. dakota7

Good game man, but I have to protest this one.

I saved the highlight of my interception, there is clearly.........clearly pass interference that wasn't called. I expect a letter of apology from the Pac-10!!

17. Jayrah

another classic