2012 Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Jan 20, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2012 Week 2

2012 Week 2!

Let's get em in quick guys and keep this thing moving.

Next advance deadline is:
    Saturday approx 10 PM EST

Weekly Polls
    1 Tennessee (34)
    3 Florida (1)
    6 Clemson
    11 Maryland
    14 UNC
    16 Auburn
    19 FSU
    20 Virginia
    NR VaTech, UGA, LSU, Bama

ESPN Headlines

Gameday Broadcasting via satellite all ACC/SEC games
    It's a huge week this week as it's the inaugural ACC vs SEC showdown. Every game on tap this week is set to be a great one so it's impossible to pick just one to make special. The winners this week are setup to run at the BCS game, not to mention they'll have bragging rights.

Heisman Watch
    No movement this week in the heisman race.

Player of the Week
    UF QB J. Reed 14/19, 379 yds, 4 TDs, 10 car, 22 yds

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    AJ Pickens WR ASU 4 rec, 73 yds, 2 TDs
    N. Richardson WR Tenn 7 rec, 119 yds, TD
    R. Taylor SS Aub 4 tkls
    B. Brown HB Tenn 26 car, 93 yds, 3 TDs
    C. McNeal HB USC n/a

2. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Damn! I know I fell off last season but I don't even get listed above? Ouch, I better win this week!

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Heel Bounce Back to Crush #13Georgia Tech, 52-27

[​IMG]
    Jheranie Boyd played out of his mind today

UNC took out their frustrations from their 1st game on #13 Georgia Tech. Tech's defense was no match, in any sense of the word, for UNC's offense. Things started out well for Tech as their QB took the first snap of the game and handed off to HB Lockhart who then rambled for a 73 yard TD. UNC returned fire on their own 1st possession and their offense hit 5th gear and stayed there for the entire game while GT's offense got stuck in 3rd gear.

This reporter doesn't pretend to understand all of the Xs and Os of the game so I don't understand why, but for some reason their 82 SPD #1 CB had a hard time covering UNC's 94 SPD #1 WR. :runpuppy: For some reason that I can't comprehend, somehow 94 SPD Boyd kept managing to get behind his 82 SPD defender for huge catches. Boyd, who only played 3 quarters, ended the game with 6 catches for 198 yards and 2 TDs. QB A.J. Blue had a huge day throwing for 277 yards and 5 TDs. SO HB Dallas Kirk had another solid day with his 2nd consecutive 100 yards game as he gained 133 yards and scored 2 TDs.

This win makes the Heels 1-0 in the ACC.

Box Score
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    GT 6 15 0 6 27
    UNC 21 7 14 10 52

Game Statistics
    Stat GT UNC
    Score 27 52
    First Downs 13 16
    Total Offense 371 457
    Rushes-Yards-TDs 25-89-1 36-156-2
    Comp-Att-TD 23-34-3 15-27-5
    Passing Yards 282 301
    3rd Down Conv 4-12(33%) 6-11(54%)
    Turnovers 3 1
    T.O.P. 12:34 16:12

Players of the Game
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    GT L. Richardson 12 tackles
    UNC J. Boyd 6 rec, 198 yards, 2 TD

4. GoGators

Good game Jello. I made a mistake. The new sliders took effect this week. I forgot to change them when I advanced to week 1 so the old sliders were still in play last week.

The stats look good, the score doesn't look so great for the matchup. Perhaps GT was over rated, especially with an 82 spd #1 CB.

How did the game feel?

5. jello1717

I had more time to throw than last week. I sacked the shit out of them, but that was 100% a product of them calling screen passes a lot (all but 1 of my sacks were on screens and I probably had about 5 of them). Other than their HB breaking 3 tackles on his first carry and going for 73 yards their run game felt decent. I stopped him a lot and he broke some 6+ yarders a decent amount. My passing is tough to tell because any time their #1 corner was in man without safety help I had an easy big gainer if i had time to pass. It was really, really, really easy for me to gash them on the ground up the gut. I made a mental not of that several times during the game when I didn't know that the sliders were different. I'm guessing that something involved in that must've changed.

6. GoGators

So who's kicking off the ACC vs SEC challenge???

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

AU wins but at a cost

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 F
    AUB 21 14 16 3 54
    MIZ 7 3 0 0 10

Columbia, MO-- Mizzou started out hot with the spread offense scoring on their first drive, but Auburn's defense settled in and AU would score 21 straight points, before giving up a FG. Auburn would then score the final 33 points to make it 54-10. The win does bring a negative to the team and that would be losing Tyrik Rollison for the year with a broken vertebrae. Andrew Miller will take over the starting role just like last year and will be his show. Onterio McCalebb rushed with a purpose, 17 attempts for 158 yards and 2 TDs. Dontae Aycock added 16 attempts for 57 yards with 3 TDs and another on a kick return. Reggie Taylor led AU in tackles with 10.

Team Stats
    AUB MIZ
    Score 54 10
    First Downs 23 9
    Total Offense 495 190
    Rushes-Yards-TD 54-321-5 21-27-0
    Comp-Att-TD 10-14-1 12-24-1
    Passing Yards 174 163
    3rd Down 10-13 (76) 4-11 (36)
    Redzone-TD-FG 7-6-0 (85) 0-0-0
    Turnovers 1 2
    Fumble 0 1
    Interception 1 1
    Total Yards 680 397
    Punts-Avg 1-44.0 6-31.8
    Pen-Yards 0-0 0-0
    TOP 23:32 8:26

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGILiq2fqGc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGILiq2fqGc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    Aycock KR TD

* 54 rushes- chewing the clock in the 3rd and had 3rd and 4th backs in the game

8. GoGators

Damn man Rollison goes down again for you. That sucks! What the heck is the guys injury rating???

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Damn dude broke his back.....did he at least give the thumbs up as they carted his ass of the field.

10. jello1717

Playing in a couple of ODs, I'm really wondering just how scripted the games are. I couldn't count on both hands, both feet, and any other appendages how many summary threads have started exactly like this one.

"CPU started on fire and scored right away and then I kicked their ass from there."

11. GoGators

I think the momentum factors in way too much in CPU games. Once you score, the CPU can go completely dormant on offense. But if they stop you and score, they can catch fire. It's like hot and cold, EA needs to find the luke warm.

12. KnightNoles

Ill look later, but I was so close to shut the system down after McCalebb got hurt his second time in the game........

13. Hokie Effect

VT vs LSU
    W38-35

Va Tech was not the better team today, but the saying is its better to be lucky than good. VT's new option offense caused problems for LSU all day and were able to rack up 324yds on the ground led by Sweetness 188yds 1 TD and David Wilson 122yds 2 TD. QB Antone Exum who runs the new offense was injured early and will be out 2 weeks. Ju Ju Clayton stepped in and led the Hokies to victory.

LSU's offense was unstoppable and Russel Sheppard commanded a balance attack that moved the chains throughout the game. LSU led most of the game and was attempting a late FG to go up by 7, but fell short. Ju Ju Clayton drove the Hokies and hit Logan Thomas with 15 seconds left for the final score.

The Hokies have a long way to go Defensively if they want to compete for the ACC title again, or lets hope that luck is on their side the rest of the year. Great Game ShortBus, you deserved it.

Sick 59yd TD by Sweetness

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16063347

Winning TD

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16063354

14. KnightNoles

I dont know about that pitch man... that was awfully late

15. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

LSU vs. Virginia Tech (L 38-35)

Everyone this game would be close, but few could come to an agreement on who would win. This game was everything everyone had hoped for except for LSU headcoach ShortBusStud, who led his Tigers to a two-time 14 point lead.

With LSU already up 21-14 with just a minute left in the half, LSU picked off a pitch and took it the distance. 28-14 and only a minute left, but VT would be sure to make it a productive minute as they scored with 34 seconds left and went into halftime only down by 7.
    VT had the only TD and score in the 3rd quarter and managed to tie it up. They regained the lead in the 4th with a FG early on. LSU was able to score quickly on a short run by Shepard with 5 minutes still left on the clock(35-31) The big let down for LSU came on a very long FG attempt that they just couldn't put through the goal posts. VT would get the ball back with very little time left and with 15 seconds left, they would hit on a 17 yard score from Clayton to Thomas. LSU could not get down the field to set up a game-tying FG.

LSU got burnt by shifty running and many of their defenders missed tackles where they didn't even touch the runner. If we could've cut down on plays over 40 yards, we would have won. If this game was played in a 7 game series, there's no doubt it would take 7 games to declare a winner. I feel home field advantage may have been the factor here. It sucks to have your hopes dashed so early, but we will rebound and I pity Mississippi State, who we play next week. Also considering the loss there last year sent my season into a downward spiral.

Shepard did have a great game, however, rushing for 115 yards and 2 TD's on 17 carries and he connected on 14/19 passes while gaining 220 yards and scoring 1 TD through the air. Exum is out 2 weeks as he was tackled near his own endzone.

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    i didn't think it was bad...i've seen much worse.

17. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

18. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Tough game. It was much closer than the score lets on. I had eight drops! Great game cole. I've gotta get some guys to catch the ball.

19. GoGators

Nice games and write ups guys. Looks like we're tied up 1-1.

20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    #20 VIRGINIA STIFLES CRIMSON TIDE

UVA manages to ride the legs of SR-RB Torrey Mack for 193 yards and a TD en route to a 27-7 victory in Alabama.

Neither teams offense was spectacular in the game. With torrential rain coming down throughout the game, both teams combined for 312 yards passing and plenty of drops by WR's. Virginia was able to adjust and feed Alabama a steady diet of Mack. "We came in wanting to spread them out but with the weather and how well our offensive line blocked, we definitely adjusted and kept feeding Mack," said Coach Moreecemos.

Virginia's defense was stellar, holding the Crimson Tide to only 200 yards of offense in the game. They was able to knock out Bama's QB Star Jackson due to ineffectiveness as he threw 3 interceptions while in the game. His backup, AJ McCarron didn't fare much better despite throwing a TD pass. McCarron only completed 3 of 13 passes and threw 3INT's as well. "I felt it was important we won the battle up front and then we've been preaching to our team to get better with their hands. I feel the 6 interceptions prove we maybe onto something here," said Coach.

21. GoGators

Lots of drops on default sliders for user vs user games. That's interesting. I guess life after the originally overrated players graduate gets a bit more difficult depending on how well you've recruited.

22. Hokie Effect

Correction.....ACC is up 2-1, and I am 3/3 with my picks so far.

23. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ha yeah they were overrated. This time the rain played a factor I feel...my guys have good CTH ratings.

24. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Not that it was a big difference maker, but I had one of those horrible plays when the receiver drops the pass but its ruled a fumble returned for a TD. Maybe I can find an offense in which I don't have to pass.....EVER!!!

25. GoGators

UF 38
    Clemson 39

Greatest Game Ever Played!!!

The Gators traveled to Death Valley and ended up on the wrong side of one this weekend losing to Clemson in double overtime by one point.

The Gators had control of this game all afternoon until Ole Mr. Home Field Advantage and Howard's Rock came a calling.

The Gators held a strong lead and were great on defense only surrendering field goals while driving the length of the field on offense. Then, late in the 2nd half, strange things began to happen. QB J. Reed was intercepted on a ball that was batted twice before a Clemson LB scooped it off his shoestrings for an INT.

The Gators defense would hold strong though forcing a punt to hang on to their 8 point lead late in the 3rd.

On the ensuing possession, the Gators drove the length of the field and were well into field goal range to take a 2 score lead when Jr HB M. Gillislee was stripped and Clemson recovered.

This would prove too much as the Clemson offense went the length of the field and scored when Kyle Parker connected with D. Allen for an 11 yd TD. Down 2, Clemson went for the tie and K. Parker connected with B. McNeal to knot the game up at 17.

Florida would try to win the game with their two minute drill when Reed was picked on another batted ball. This time the Clemson returned it for a score.

With only a minute left and two timeouts, the Gators needed to go the length of the field to force OT. QB J. Reed was able to do just that and the Gators scored on a TD pass from 3 yards out to force OT.

In OT, both teams traded blows. Then, Clemson decided to go for two on their conversion and they converted for the win.

All game, the UF defense missed opportunity after opportunity. The UF DB's who have all american talent dropped at least 3 or 4 INTs that hit them right in the hands. On the other sideline, Clemson was able to take advantage of these opportunities and that proved to be the difference.

"That was the most fun game I've ever played. That's a great Clemson team and that was a real chess match out there today. It's sad to see it go the other way for us, but what can you do. We did everything right in this game but got unlucky on a couple tipped balls. We turned the ball over 3 times on the road against the #6 team in the country and only lost by 1 point. I don't think there's anything to hang our heads about in this one. We'll work on getting our DB's some time on the ball machine this week and hopefully next time we'll make the plays. I never realized how tough of a place Clemson's Death Valley is to play in, but I found out tonight in my first game here." - Coach KSherm after the game

UF
    Clemson​
    First Downs
    20​
    16​
    Total Offense
    441​
    311​
    Rushes-Yards-TD
    27-86-4​
    36-118-1​