2012 WEEK 3 GAME OF THE WEEK

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by killajo90405, Jan 23, 2010.

1. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

2012 WEEK 3 GAME OF THE WEEK

THE SEC-ACC CHALLENGE WINER IS UP FOR GRABS

#13 AUBURN VS #11 NORTH CAROLINA

Auburn is looking for a win that will tie up THE CHALLENGE while UNC hopes to give the ACC the victory and bragging rights.

Auburn
    Offense - QB Andrew Miller leads the way and is a dual threat throwing and running the ball. Look for SR Onterio McCalebb to pound the rock. He has averaged 127ypg so far. I'm not sure if the WR have enough experience, the top four WR have a combined career 36 catches. The O-line is above average but has 74ovr true freshman playing RT. Can UNC pick on him?

Deffense - AU has a solid D-Line that should hold up against a ground attack and get some pressure on the opposing QB. But we all know any team coached by Knight is led by the safety. SR AA SS Reggie Taylor had 113tkls and 13 Ints last season. Coach Jello will be well served to keep an eye on the kid.

UNC
    Offense - Senior QB AJ Blue is 6'6 with decent speed, he is throwing 26 times a game. His TO ratio could be a factor as he is 6/4 so far this year. Keep an eye on SO AA HB Dallas Kirk who has rushed for 133ypg thus far. Once again coach Jello has a dependable group of WR who are all at least 6'1. These guys could be huge if they can pick up key 3rd down conversions like the were able to much of last season. The O-Line is solid lead by 99ovr LG Jon Cooper.

Defense - SR LE Tydeke Powell looks to spend much of the afternoon in AU's backfield, kid is good. The LB group is good however the start a RS FR at MLB. They CB are mostly SO, will they be able to step up? SS Dustin Williams hopes to make plays, he has 16tkls but no other stats whatsoever. His team needs an int, a deflected pass or something from him!

This is an even match-up. I'm not buying into the smokescreen from Jello that is team is so horrible. With his QB and big WR I think he scores enough to make this a shootout. Take the over in this one boys....

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Aliright jello lets take this ACC - SEC challenge in style....

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Auburn has to be prepared to stop a pro style offense. In the SEC we run a lot of spread and don't see much pro style. It's completely different trying to stop that style when you're not used to it. I learned that on the fly yesterday against Beazus.

I think Auburn has the talent to get it done, both teams are fairly even on paper. UNC has a slight lead, and I like Jello as a coach, but I think traveling into Auburn will be tough. There's bound to be some ball bounces that go Auburn's way at home.

If Auburn can play sound defense and keep out of a shootout I really like their chances at home. If Auburn let's UNC light up the scoreboard, I think Auburn can still win but it'll be closer.

Stop the run first and watch the play action Noles. We need you to bail out us SEC folk, we're counting on ya. Also, don't get side tracked into just worrying about his HB and WR's, you have to remember that last year Jello had his TE in the heisman ocnversation. This is especially critical with you controlling the SS.

Good luck my man!

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

That's an awful lot of advice from someone that hasn't even ever played me. :monkeybutt:

Take Gators' advice with a grain of salt!