2012 Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Jan 23, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2012 Week 3

2012 Week 3!

Let's get em in quick guys and keep this thing moving.

Next advance deadline is:
    Monday 10 PM EST

Weekly Polls

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    RK LW Name/Votes
    1 1 Tennessee (40)
    3 6 Clemson
    9 3 Florida
    11 14 UNC
    13 16 Auburn
    15 20 Virginia
    17 11 Maryland
    20 -- Georgia
    22 19 Florida St

NR VaTech, LSU, Bama

ESPN Headlines

Gameday
    Gameday will travel to Auburn as the North Carolina Tar Heels take on the Auburn Tigers.

So far the SEC hasn't looked great against the ACC, but this game could knot the ACC/SEC challenge up at 3 a piece. It should be a great game with two great coaches squaring off. On paper, the Tar Heels have the more talented squad but statistically, the Tigers dominate everything except pass offense. With Rollison going down again last week, Auburn will have to turn to its backup once more.

UNC is clearly in a rebuilding year as their recruiting efforts just haven't panned out as well as they would have liked. This is a big game for the Tar Heels, with the national broadcast, this game could have huge recruiting implications down the road.

Kirk likes UNC
    Lee likes Auburn
    I like the SEC....Go Tigers!!!

Heisman Watch
    Jackson aims at taking home a championship to Knoxville

Player of the Week
    VT So. SS Zach Horn, 13 tackles, 2 tfl, INT, FF
    This kid played out of his mind as a sophomore in a huge early season game against LSU. I'm impressed.

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    AJ Pickens WR ASU 5 rec, 37 yds
    N. Richardson WR Tenn 3 rec, 45 yds, TD
    R. Taylor SS Aub 10 tkls, tfl
    B. Brown HB Tenn 27 car, 223 yds, TDs
    J. Jackson CB Tenn 5 tkls, tfl, sk, int

Holy Crap!!! Bryce Brown racked up 223 yards on the ground against Recheem2000's Seminoles. Wow! Whose the new coach in Knoxville???

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

VT vs GT
    W21-14

The Hokies did not play very well today, but won an ugly game vs GT. The Yellowjackets stimied the option offense for most of the day and Tech couldn't get the passing game going. The QB's combined for 3-15 60yds 2 INT. The Hokies ground game was lead again by Sweetness 219yds 2 TD, Wilson chipped in with 50yds. The coaching staff decided to let Marcus Davis run the option offense today, but was ineffective with only 20yds 1 TD on 15 car. If Exum isn't healthy for next weeks game expect Clayton to agian take the majority of the snaps. The defense again looked vulnerable, but only gave up 284yds and holding the Yellowjackets to 2-13 on 3rd down. The Hokies face a tough Michigan team next and will have to play better if they want to continue their winning streak.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

looks like Ryan Williams "Sweetness" has the inside track for the SEMVP if we are still goin to continue that..

4. GoGators

Yeah, we'll put the stuff together around week 8 or 9.

You guys ready to advance yet???

This sucks having a bye week after a loss.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    i beat wake 45-25 but the damn game didn't save since my game froze...I thought there was something that I have to wait until u tell me what to do afterwards.

6. GoGators

Go ahead and replay it.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I see that UNC and Auburn arent playing until tomorrow at the earliest. I got my ass kick at work today so I probably wont get my game in until tomorrow night.

8. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

LSU vs. Mississippi State (W 38-10)

LSU tried to run with Shepard and Ford, with little success and went 3 and out on there first drive. However, Shepard had quite a bit of success through the air and then there were option runs to the wideouts, namely C. Tucker, mixed in. He had two scores on options(although it did count one pitch as a pass). One went for 81 yds and the other went for 26 yds. In the second half, Shepard was cut loose and ran for 3 scores. He had 71 yds on 17 carries and threw for 238 yd and 1 TD on 12 passes. Kevin Minter lead the defense in tackles with 15 and had a fumble recovery.

“This may be the most complete team I've coached yet”, LSU's coach had stated after the game. “We're just trying to go out there and have fun while being competitive.”

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

BC - 21
    FSU - 34

The Seminoles bounce back from a disappointing loss last week to the Vols. FSU held BC to 70 yards on the ground and ran for 151 of there own.

10. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Power Poll

(1)#3 Clemson- Too many pieces are back in place plus a win over Florida doesn't hurt.

(2)#9 Florida- I believe they will take their frustration and anger out on Tennessee at home next week.

(3)#1 Tennessee- Brown looks like he never had an off-season, but if the ole' ball coach has to rely on QB Rivas, they may be in trouble.

(4)#13 Auburn- They'lll get a chance to prove me right this week when they face North Carolina.

(5)#15 Virginia- Two wins including a Top 25 and user(Alabama) win.

(6)#11 North Carolina- Did retrun some hope to the season with a big win over #16 Georgia Tech.

(7)#20 Georgia- Win over a previously ranked #11, but 0-2 Maryland team. Running out of undefeated teams already.

(8)#22 Florida State- Lost to a fantastic Tennessee team, but could win a lot more if they let RB Thompson do the heavy lifting.

(9)Virginia Tech(260)- Just outside of the top 25. I don't know how well they can pass the ball. Another one of those teams where you don't want the QB to have to win the game.

(10)#17 Maryland- May have been to harsh here, after two losses to ranked opponents, but you absolutely need to win game no matter what the circumstances.

(11)Alabama(11)- A team trying to climb from the ashes of last season, is once again just outside the ranking. They'll make a bowl this year atleast.

(12)LSU- The only team to not at least receive votes, but their only loss is to a great Virginia Tech team. Take a picture, because you may not see them in the bottom half much longer.

11. GoGators

It's not looking good for the SEC. UNC's up 17-0 in the first quarter.

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

You can only blame yourselfs rest of the SEC. Good thing is if you are going to lose one, this is the time of year to do it.

13. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#3 Clemson - 50
    #17 Maryland - 49 (OT)

The cardiac cats are back at it again! This time with a two point conversion in OT to beat the Maryland Terps. Clemson found themselves down 42-35 with a minute left after a MD touchdown. Clemson then proceeded to drive the ball down the field and score with 3 seconds left. After MD scored in OT, Clemson responded with a score of their own. Rather than bringing on the kicker, Clemson once again kept their offense out on the field to win the game. This time, Kyle Parker found Jaron Brown for the 2 point conversion and the win. Hats off to MD, they played Clemson real tough.

Stats - Clemson

QB Kyle Parker - 19/27 - 432 Yards - 5/3
    HB Andre Ellington - 24 Attempts - 99 Yards
    WR Brandon Clear - 6 Receptions - 173 Yards - 4 TDs (!)
    WR Bryce McNeal - 6 Receptions - 149 Yards
    SS Carlton Lewis - 8 Tackles - 1 Interception
    DE Mallicah Goodman - 6 Tackles - 1 Sack
    DT Brandon Thompson - 4 Tackles - 1 Sack

14. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

The final game has been played and we can advance.

15. jello1717

UNC Stars Step Up to beat Auburn 34-24

[​IMG]
    Dustin Williams came up huge tonight

#11 UNC and #13 Auburn faced off @ Auburn in the deciding game of the inaugural ACC/SEC Challenge. UNC's star players knew that they needed to step up in order to beat a talented Tigers' team and they did just that.

Things did not get off to a good start for the Tigers. They received the ball first and then proceeded to throw interceptions on their first 2 drives. This helped UNC to begin the game with a 17-0 lead in the first quarter, a lead which they would never relinquish. Offensively, the Heels tried to run the ball and didn't have much success as Auburn shut them down pretty well. UNC then went into passing mode and had great success against Auburn's defense. UNC's main star, SR QB A.J. Blue had a huge game as he completed 13 of his 18 passes for 258 yards and a whopping 4 TD passes. UNC's receivers were able to get past the Tiger defense and catch TD passes of 9, 17, 40, and 64 yards. Star WR Jheranie Boyd had the biggest day as he caught 3 balls for 74 yards and 2 TDs. In the 2nd half, while UNC had a comfortable lead, they went to the ground and were surprisingly effective. I guess the Tiger defense got fatigued as UNC would churn out 1st down after 1st down on the ground which ate up a lot of clock without actually running the clock out. Auburn was incapable of getting UNC off the field for the majority of the 4th quarter and this is how the Heels were able to seal the deal. Star HB Dallas Kirk didn't put up flashy numbers, but it was his running that allowed the Heels to put the game away in the 4th quarter.

While UNC's offense played well, their defense was the story of the day. While Blue was voted player of the game, it was Star JR SS Dustin Williams that got the game ball from coach Jello. It was said that the team's leading tackler had to step up in this game for the Heels to have a shot and he did in a big way. Of course he once again led the team in tackles with 8, but he also came away with 2 INTs and a deflection. Both of his interceptions were monumental. His first was in Auburn territory on their first drive which allowed the Heels to score first despite kicking off first. This INT set the tone of the game. His 2nd INT came with 2 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter in the back of the end zone. As you can see from the picture above, if he did not make this interception, it was a sure TD as the receiver had gotten behind the corner guarding him in man. That TD would've pulled the Tigers within 7. The Heels defense pressured the Tiger's QB all day long which led to 4 sacks. This occasionally bit the Heels in the ass, however, because if they didn't have someone spying their QB, he was able to find a lot of running room and make up ground quickly. This pressure on the QB led to what was emphatically the deciding stat of this game. UNC's defense got 4 interceptions on the night and that's what did the Tigers in.

North Carolina will now gear up for next week's game against rival NC State when they'll have every recruit they can to see that game.

Box Score
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    UNC 17 7 7 3 34
    Auburn 7 10 0 7 24

Game Statistics
    Stat UNC Auburn
    Score 34 24
    First Downs 14 14
    Total Offense 399 346
    Rushes-Yards-TDs 41-141-0 27-71-1
    Comp-Att-TD 13-18-4 13-21-2
    Passing Yards 258 275
    3rd Down Conv 8-13(61%) 2-6(33%)
    Turnovers 1 4
    T.O.P. 18:33 9:57

Players of the Game
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UNC A. Blue 13/18, 258 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT
    Auburn J. Paris 3 rec, 91 yards, 2 TD

Here are some highlights of the game:
    Williams INT on 1st drive - http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16217604

Thomas INT to seal the victory - http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16217661

Williams INT in the end zone - http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16217650

Boyd 40 yards TD catch - http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16217614

Harrelson 64 yard TD catch - http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16217579

16. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

God damn turnovers. Good win Jello, I'd put you and Clemson as the top two teams in the league right now.

Cue the "my team is crap don't worry about us."

17. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Nah Clemson is just lucky.

18. GoGators

Very lucky!!!

19. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I'm not going to say you're lucky beazus! I just can't believe i lost this game! Great game to beazus and hopefully i can somehow make it to the acc title game! I have started this season off terribly and I have got to step it up!

20. jello1717

And my team does still blow. Keep in mind that Auburn is 1 of only 2 user teams that's actually worse than my team so while I won, for a change I was actually the better team.