2012 Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Dec 7, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

User games due by Thursday 12/9 10pm PST
    CPU games due by Wednesday 12/8 10pm PST

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Arizona Wildcats (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 41-14 against Ohio State (1-0).
    This week, the Wildcats will host #7 Stanford (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Nathan Sullivan has committed to Cal

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Illinois lost 17-14 against Texas A&M (1-1).
    This week, the Fighting Illini will host Oregon State (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Chad Mason has committed to Iowa

=============== #8 Iowa Hawkeyes (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 48-0 against Iowa State (1-1).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Lincoln to face the Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Chad Mason has committed to Iowa
    - (****) QB Chris Beck has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (****) ROLB Carlos Clemens has committed to Iowa

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 17-14 against Illinois (1-1).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Fayetteville to face the Arkansas Razorbacks (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Austin Young has committed to Oklahoma State

=============== Missouri Tigers (0-1) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers travel to Auburn to face the Auburn Tigers (1-0).

=============== Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska lost 26-24 against UCLA (2-0).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host #8 Iowa (2-0).

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 41-14 against Arizona (1-1).
    This week, the Buckeyes are idle.

=============== #24 Oregon Ducks (0-2) ===============
    Last week, Oregon lost 30-27 against Wisconsin (2-0).
    This week, the Ducks will host Arizona State (1-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) ROLB Brian Henderson has committed to Notre Dame

=============== Oregon State Beavers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 17-0 against Arizona State (1-1).
    This week, the Beavers travel to Champaign to face the Illinois Fighting Illini (1-1).

=============== #4 Texas Longhorns (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Longhorns were idle.
    This week, the Longhorns will host #15 Florida (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) QB Aaron Cook has committed to Texas
    - (****) LE Michael James has committed to Texas

=============== #19 UCLA Bruins (2-0) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 26-24 against Nebraska (0-1).
    This week, the Bruins are idle.

=============== #1 Wisconsin Badgers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 30-27 against Oregon (0-2).
    This week, the Badgers will host Boise State (1-1).

3. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I just realized that I open up with 3 user games (UCLA, Iowa, and Ohio State) and also play Alabama in the last week of the season. That's a pretty serious non-conference schedule. Hopefully, they will all make me better for conference play.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yeah, scheduling was tough this year. Trying to get everyone at least 4 user games created alot of early user match-ups. I think the only conference user game you have will be against Mizzou. Thats the tough part about the 2 division conf setup. You never know if you are going to have 1 user game or 3 in conference.

I did try to give everyone a pretty tough schedule so you are not alone. I got Ohio State too so I'll take my medicine in Columbus soon!

5. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I can see how that would be difficult spread out over 3 conferences. One league I'm in (the Bigs) has 6 in the Big 12 and the Big 10, so it makes it a little easier I think.

6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas 34
    Florida 7

Goodwin and Defense lead Texas to Victory

Goodwin racked up another 199 yards and 2 TD on 11 offensive touches. At one point the 5'9" 100 and nothing lbs WR carried 4 defenders on his back from the 6 yard line to the one inch line. Lead by 2 picks from Carrington Byndom, the longhorn defense shut Florida down until the backups gave up a touchdown in the 4th quarter. After being plagued by turnovers last week, the longhorn offense appears to have worked out its kinks allowing no turnovers this week.

7. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Played in what was easily the cheapest game i've ever been a part of. CPU blitz every down leaving wide open receivers. CPU came down with catches i cannot explain at all and suction blocks out the you know what. And to top it all off Barner just disappeared. He never got hurt but left the game in the third and never came back. Nothing i could do to bring him back in either. Tried changing his depth chart spot, formation sub, mass sub, nothing. He was just GONE. He never got hurt either. Ended up winning in OT thank god.

8. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Did you change your auto subs? Players do not regain there full stamina as the game continues. so by the end of the game a RB might only be able to get up to 80%. If your threshold is above the max amount he can regain, that player will never reenter the game, and changing auto sub values during the game will not get him back. Its a bug, I recomend not changing auto subs and just package sub your HB if you want to give him a little extra rest.

9. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I thought of that and dropped it down to like 60 and he still wouldn't come back. It was crazy

10. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

yeah, you can not get them back once they leave the game for that reason. I don't know if autosub is broken in game, or it just rules them out entirely. season 1 I wanted to use 3 HBs and found out the hard way when I was stuck using my FB at the end of the game and all my HBs were gone after 5-10 carries.

11. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Dang that blows lol. Thanks for the heads up on that one!

12. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I think the primary difficulty is that big 12 north and south do not always play which makes the number of out of conf games imbalanced. I guess that is true of the big 10 as well. Additionally when we started there all the powerhouse schools were taken, now its just Texas and Ohio State, which presents some matchup problems.

13. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Wazzu, you've got nothing to hang your head about. Your team is awesome. I wish I could have a D Line like that.

That game was insane.... I don't know how I came back from that deficit, but you will be a force to be reckoned with in the Pac 10. Maybe you'll get me again in the Rose Bowl. You never know.

Write up to follow shortly.

14. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

It is simple I wasn't necessarily paying attention. However, I never, ever should made that pitch. I should have called QB Power. For the game my QB threw 20-24-315, and that includes the two picks, one of which was a hail may pass, so basically I was 20-23. You might need to improve your pass defense, because I think that may be my greatest passing game of all time.

15. Cheez

Illini shock Beavers in OT

Illini: 0 3 16 8 3 30
    Oregon State: 10 10 7 0 0 27

Words can not describe the mayhem that took place on this rainy afternoon in Champaign. After falling behind 20-3 in the first half, the Illini seemed overmatched against a faster, stronger Oregon State squad. The first drive of the third quarter did nothing to change that thought process either, lasting only fifty seconds and giving the Beavers a 27-3 lead with 7:10 to go in the third. No one could ever expect that the Illini could score 27 unanswered to win this game in overtime.

It started casually enough, with the Illini running the old "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offense. Green was the main recipient of the carries, and would finish the drive off with a 12 yard reception from Tate Forcier (11-14, 130 yards, TD). Coach Cheez went for two, recognizing that midway through the third quarter they were down 3 scores and time was not on their side. Forcier would scamper in and cut the deficit to 16.

Following a Beavers punt, Green (20 carries, 125 yards, 3 total TD) would take off down the left side for a 62 yard carry and his first rushing touchdown of the day. Forcier would connect with Davis on the ensuing 2 point conversion. The deficit was now 8 heading into the fourth quarter.

On the next Illini drive, Illinois would make significant progress toward the endzone. But the offense would stall around the 2:30 mark. On 4th and 9 with all three timeouts remaining, Illinois would punt, relying on the defense that gave up scores on each of Oregon State's first 5 drives to make a stand.

Given the time situation and the field position, it was no secret that the Beavers were going to run the ball and try and kill the clock. After meager gains on first and second downs, Mannion (20-24, 315 yards, TD, 2 INT) would call an option play in the huddle - trying to drive the final nail into the Illini's coffin. After Mannion's keeper was stuffed, the pitch out to the back was deflected by Trulon Henry and recovered by Unga at this 6. Illinois now had the ball 1st and goal with approximately 40 seconds, all three time outs, and a 1 score deficit.

Disaster nearly struck on first down, however, as the Beavers' defensive line would once again penetrate the pocket and yank Forcier to the ground for the fifth time in the game. Green would recover and take the ball to the 1 on second down. With 18 seconds left and facing third and goal on the one, Coach Cheez would again rely on Green. The toss from Forcier was perfect, and Green was able to walk into the endzone. The atmosphere in Memorial Stadium was electric. But the Illini were still trailing 27-25. They needed a third two point conversion, otherwise this epic comeback would be lost. Coach Cheez spread the field wide, and let Forcier do the rest as he would dash into the endzone, tying the game up. Oregon State's desperation heave was picked off and this game would be going to overtime with most in attendance, including Coach Cheez, unsure of how it got there.

The Illini won the toss and elected to play defense first. After a fifteen yard gain, Oregon State went back to the air heaving one to the back corner of the endzone. Out of nowhere senior safety Walter Aikens would make the pick, and end the Beavers' scoring threat.

It was now Illinois' turn with the football, and the Beaver's defense was not going to allow Illinois to do anything. They would put this game on the foot of a kicker who has been very shaky this season, to say the least. From the left hash, Weddle would attempt a 42 yard field goal for the win. The snap was good; the hold was good; the kick was up - and it passed over the crossbar with a couple yards to spare. The Illini completed the improbable come-from-behind win against Oregon State, 30-27 in OT.

"It was nice to finally come out on the right end of one of these games" Coach Cheez remarked, referencing their heartbreaking losses to Wisconsin last season (38-31 in OT) and Texas A&M last week (17-14). "That team out there is one hell of a team, and they will give everyone out on the west coast fits in conference play. That defensive line is tremendous, and Mannion can wing the ball around too. As far as Coach Cougs - he's a stellar coach and a real rising star in this league. He'll have his kids playing for Rose Bowls and maybe national titles in no time" he also remarked.

The schedule does not get any easier for the Illini next weekend, either, as they will be taking on #22 Cincinnati. As for Oregon State, they'll jump back in to Pac 10 play with a home game vs. the Bruins of UCLA.

16. Cheez

dont forget the WR that was wide open at the start of the second half that had the inexplicable drop. you really should have been 21-23 with the pick. I dont remember your other incompletion, though.

17. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

sounds like Oregon State should have passed more :)

18. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I never had the sense I was going to lose, let alone overtime. I was up 27-3 and I didn't want to seem like I was running up. I had this thing under control, but I made a bad decision to pitch the ball. I should have ran a QB power.

19. Cheez

I have the feeling that if I make a return trip to Crovalis you are going to stomp me into the ground like a bug.

20. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

3 two point conversions?! :eek: Now thats nerves of steel, guts, and luck all rolled up into one.

21. Cheez

Nerves and Guts: not really until the last one. like Wazzu, I never really thought I was going to come back. My defense had done nothing to stop his offense. i was just trying to make it a 2 score game. On the second one, the same thing... I had stopped his team once, and i needed to make it a one score game to have a shot. The last one i was just in "omg" mode

Luck: definitely. But I was right. i only had the ball 3 times after the first touchdown. If i would have kicked PATs... I would have needed a FG on that drive I stalled on. Considering that I had no faith in my kicker (after he left a 44 yarder short vs. A&M), i can't guarantee I get the points even if I'm able to convert on 4th and 9 from his 38.

Besides Mexi... you know the offense that I run. I am not built to play from behind.

22. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Rec, please hold off on advancement till I finish my game. I have to drive an hour to my bball meeting at 7 and then should be back around 9:30/10, at which point I'll get on and play it.

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You got it.

24. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Wisconsin gets an "ugly" win in a battle against Boise. First drive of the game, Boise takes it all the way down to the Badgers 8. OLB Miller then sacks QB Doyle, who fumbles the football. Its then picked up by DT Kelly, who runs about 20 yards realizing he wont be able to make it, so he pitches the ball to Scott who takes it the rest of the way for 6. The lead would add to 21-3 as the poor kicking game of Boise (short punt and kickoff out of bounds) would lead to short field position for the Badgers. The second half got bad, as Wisconsin totlaed 5 penalities for 50 yards and the recievers had 4 dropped passes. "Inexcusable. These are not the mistakes that a team of this caliabar should be having." Coach Mexi said in his post game show. "Practice will be hell for the players this week." Luickly, the seniors stepped up. Phillips had 260 yards and a td, along with 2 runs for 30 yards. DT Hemer had 2 sacks that stalled Boise deep drives. And SS Claxton made a nice one handed interception to seal the deal. The Badgers will need to have sharp practices with a tell all game against wgw's #4 Longhorns.

#1 Wisconsin 34 - Boise 17

25. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Playing now