2012 Week 4 (CPU Game) Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

2012 Week 4 (CPU Game) Summaries

Huskies beat Arizona State 41-22 in a mistake-filled game, but got some pretty horrible news. WR James Johnson, the leading receiver will miss the rest of the season after Nick Montana hung him out to dry. In typical fashion Johnson hung on during the twisting, beautiful effort of a catch, but was just destroyed and had to leave the game. I can't remember what the injury was but it's season ending. There's a good highlight of this impressive 16-yard catch (down to the 2 inch line) so you can watch his season end.

Huskies took a 7-0 lead but then gave up 16 consecutive points to dig a pretty big hole. The killer was an 18-yard fumble return on a Montana fumble (one of four turnovers for Montana), but they missed the extra point attempt.

We stormed back with 17 points in the second quarter to take a 24-16 lead at the half then outscored them 17-6 in the second half. Still, we weren't happy with the performance and it really sucks losing our best receiver. What was a thin receiving corps is now just ass.

2. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

can you explain to me why we get a blow vs. blow of you beating Arizona State by 19, but nothing about a human versus human game with USF?

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Hahah, I lol'd

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Wizconzin takes down Mizz 35-14. Up 35-0 MIZZ and EA's comeback code kicked in scoring 2 tds in like 1 min. I finally recovered and kept an onside to run the clock out.
    Badger defense playing out of their shoes right now and True Frosh Lewis is getting better every game! Ball fumbled a PR...he is good for 1 fumble a game it seems.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah because JMS brought up the game in some random thread and I described the game in there. Frankly, losing Johnson is a bigger deal to me than beating Blaza. :D

Blaza, I hope you lol'd again but I'm not joking. :)

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

UCLA exacts some revenge on the Beavers 63-13.

After last seasons debacle in Pasedena the Bruins wanted some beaver and they pounded it all afternoon.

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Cocky Rocky, is that you?

8. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Haha, good one.

9. BlyGilmore

so you beat Oregon State and we get bad pussy jokes. You lose to them and we don't hear from you for two weeks.

Personally I'm hoping for a long string of OSU victories over UCLA.

10. BlyGilmore

Big win for Stanford traveling to FSU. Game was nip and tuck in the first half, with Stanford unable to finish drives and FSU scoring two TDs. A poor decision with 30 seconds left in the half - going for a fake punt instead of pinning Stanford deep - might have been the swing point.

Instead of going into the tunnel up 14-13, Stanford was able to string together three plays and line up a 39 yard field goal.

Second half was all Stanford as they harassed the FSU QB and scored 21 unanswered points.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    RUTGERS- 17, OKLAHOMA- 14
    ---Wow, why this team wasn't ranked was besides me. They brought pressure all game and their no huddle offense was tough especially when they started to spread us out from time to time.

The turning point was late in the 4th quarter. I stopped Homa on 4 consecutive goalline stands to turn the ball over. Up 10-7 and with around 4 minutes to go, from the 1 yard line we were able to get some breathing room. In a decision that was probably the dumbest I've done in all of sports, I ran an option, speed out of shotgun. Of course Homa had overloaded the side I was doing the option and the guy jumped the pitch and scored to make it 13-10.

We got the ball and marched down the field, including a huge 34 yard run by DeAntwan Williams that set us up 1st and goal at the 2. 1st down we ran a blast and was shut down. 2nd down we ran power I out of goalline and was shutdown! 3rd down we ran a toss and Williams easily beat their guys to the endzone! 17-14. We were able to hold off a late surge to seal off a HUGE win...easily one of the best CPU games I've played.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

i was looking at the score while watching MNF....i was interested in reading the summary.

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Sounds like a tense win Mo, good job.

14. BlyGilmore

they must have gotten bumped off by somebody. if they were one of the BCS busters they were in the top 25 in the preseason.

15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Nah Bly I gave them their first loss. They had A- across the board it seems. Though, they played the likes of east Carolina and Ohio their first two games as well.

16. BlyGilmore

that's just weird then.