2012 Week 4 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by The Richuation, Jan 9, 2011.

1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

@ajtev21
    @bawvu97
    @Brian202202
    @bucsfan047
    @clayandlbf
    @dakota7
    @Hunt0716
    @NatiSaint
    @themidnightrider13
    @Timpegoose
    @williatr

Cincinnati (2-1) at Miami University (1-1)
    Last week, the Bearcats lost 49-35 at Ohio State (3-0)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Cincinnati targets.

#21 Oklahoma (2-0) at Ball State (0-2)
    Last week, the Sooners won 50-31 at USC (0-1)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Oklahoma targets.

#17 Florida (2-1) vs Tennessee (1-1)
    Last week, the Gators lost 34-20 at Miami (3-0)
    In recruiting news, the following Florida targets announced their decisions:
    ATHMike O'Connor[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Bama
    CBJustin Russ[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Bucks
    CDerrick Leonard[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Clem

#20 Clemson (2-1) vs Boston College (0-2)
    Last week, the Tigers won 41-9 vs. Maryland (0-2)
    In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets announced their decisions:
    CClint Campbell[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Mia
    CDerrick Leonard[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Clem

#19 Virginia Tech (3-0) vs #15 Michigan State (2-0)
    Last week, the Hokies won 41-7 vs. Georgia Tech (0-2)
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets announced their decisions:
    KAaron Marshall[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]VT

#11 West Virginia (3-0) at #10 Michigan (2-0)
    Last week, the Mountaineers won 49-17 at Arkansas (1-1)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by West Virginia targets.

#8 Nebraska (2-1) vs Memphis (2-0)
    Last week, the Cornhuskers won 21-14 at UCLA (1-1)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Nebraska targets.

#3 Ohio State (3-0) vs #12 Florida State (2-0)
    Last week, the Buckeyes won 49-35 vs. Cincinnati (2-1)
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets announced their decisions:
    CBJustin Russ[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Bucks

#5 LSU (3-0) at South Carolina (1-2)
    Last week, the Tigers won 38-10 vs. Mississippi State (0-2)
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets announced their decisions:
    TRicky Archer[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Texas

#4 Miami (3-0) vs #7 Penn State (2-0)
    Last week, the Hurricanes won 34-20 vs. Florida (2-1)
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets announced their decisions:
    CClint Campbell[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Mia
    KGreg Bain[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Mia

#6 Texas (3-0) at #18 Iowa (2-0)
    Last week, the Longhorns won 59-52 at Ole Miss (2-1)
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets announced their decisions:
    TRicky Archer[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Texas

#10 Michigan (2-0) vs #11 West Virginia (3-0)
    Last week, the Wolverines won 56-6 vs. Toledo (1-1)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Michigan targets.

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Nebraska 31
    Memphis 21

Got all I could handle from the Tiger defense, specifically their defensive tackle. This guy was in my backfield all game long, blowing up runs and shutting me down. Somehow I still managed 196 yards of rushing and over 400 yards total offense. HB Dontray Robinson scored 3 times and Tyler Martinez ran one in from about 25 yards out.

3. Hunt0716

Hunt0716 Walk On

South Carolina gave the No. 5 LSU Tigers all they could handle on a rain-soaked day in Baton Rouge, but the Bayou Bengals pulled out a 35-20 victory to keep their undefeated season alive.

The Gamecocks' gameplan focused on containing Michael Ford, LSU's leading rusher, and they found success in the first half holding the junior rusher to just 45 yards on 13 carries. But LSU quarterback Billy Coles connected with senior wide receiver Chris Tolliver twice in the half to boost LSU to an early 14-0 lead.

Late in the second quarter, a costly interception by Coles set up South Carolina with a short field, allowing them to narrow the gap to a 14-7 LSU lead at halftime.

The teams traded touchdowns to open the half, a third touchdown reception by Tolliver for the Tigers and a 66 yard touchdown run by Gamecock running back Marcus Lattimore.

On the ensuing LSU possession, Ford lost his grip on the wet football, handing the ball to South Carolina with a chance to tie. The Gamecocks capitalized on the opportunity by pounding in a second Lattimore touchdown from the goal line, bringing them within an extra point of tying the game. But the South Carolina kicker pushed the PAT wide left, leaving them with a one-point deficit.

LSU would give the Gamecocks another chance to take the lead following a second Coles interception. South Carolina marched the ball down the field on the ensuing possession, but the drive stalled at the LSU 17. The Gamecock kicker faced a 34-yard attempt to put his team ahead, but a false start pushed them out of his range, forcing them to attempt an unsuccessful 4th down conversion.

Frustrated by the fumble and his inability to produce, Ford stepped up his game in the second half for LSU. Ford sprinted for a 71 yard touchdown on the next possession, pushing LSU to a 28-20 lead.

South Carolina mounted one last comeback, again driving inside the LSU 5 yard line. The Tiger defense would hold strong forcing a 4th and goal that resulted in a sack by senior defensive end Lavar Edwards, sealing the LSU victory.

Ford added another touchdown and ended the day with 256 rushing yards, a school record.

4. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Did you guys have connection problems or something rich? You managed to work it out?

6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

We did the first night, but we were good to go last night. I am going to do a writeup later today.... Just so behind at work due to vacation

7. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

The story of the Bearcats and the Redhawks of Miami(OH) is the injuries to impact players Sophomore QB Munchie Legaux and Senior HB Darrin Williams who are out for 4 and 5 weeks respectively. Legaux threw for 398 yards and 4 Touchdowns before getting hurt and Senior QB Brandon Kay came in and threw for another 2 TD going a perfect 5-for-5. Darrin Williams only amassed 59 yards before getting hurt. Defensively the Bearcats "Hawked" (pun intended) the skies picking off the Redhawks 3 times and accumulating a few sacks.

The battle of Ohio comes home to Cincinnati, a little respect after falling short to Ohio State the previous week,.

8. themidnightrider13

themidnightrider13 Walk On

WV VS MICH
    Whoo. where do I start??? I couldn't stop the option at all. I got burnt with the deep ball when I did blitz the edges to contain the option. Offensively I moved the ball good on the first drive but had to settle for a short field goal. Then after a few punts and to's I was down enough that I had to sling it on every play and abandon the run completely. And we all know how that usually works out...lol. No broght spots to think of off the top of my head other than my senior wr Austin. That was the first time I ever faced a user who used that much option and by the results it ain't to hard to see how I faired. With the NC outta reach, WV looks forward to refining there game and finding ways to get Austin more invovled as we prepare for our battle with Cincinatti with a BCS bowl likely on the line. Good Game Michigan. Thanx for reminding me how good I am not and I really appreciate you not cheesing with Hard count against a dline set at normal. C ya next season at the Big House.

9. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

That was actually a good game... I got lucky with 3!! defensive TDs. Take those away and we have a ball game. In two seasons of Overdrive, that was my first USER vs USER win... I was positive you were gonna kick my butt. You played me tough but Denard is difficult to game plan on. Don't worry, I will have a mortal at QB starting next season. Good game man... I felt bad for you on all the Def TDs and tried to kill clock in the 4th. We can get a rematch next year for sure.

10. williatr

williatr Walk On

Miami defeats #7 Penn State 28-10 in a game the was much closer then the score. Penn State mad the Canes work for ever single yard that they earned. The Canes don't have a Travis Benjamin this year who would have a break out play almost every game. This year the Canes have to be balance and have great execution. Lamar Miller led the way with 30 carries for 137 yards with 3 TD's

11. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This game was a defensive struggle in the 1st and 3rd quarters, but the 2nd and 4th sparked some fireworks. A Florida State DT would take an interception back 36 yards to cut the Buckeye lead to 14-10 going into the half. But, the Buckeyes would open the 4th quarter scoring with a TD of their own on a 61 yard pass from Talib Wyatt to James Louis to take a 21-10 lead, which seemed comfortable with the way the defense was playing. Florida State would go down and score and get the 2 point conversion to cut the lead to 3. On a 3rd and 5, looking to seal the game with a first down conversion the Buckeyes would look to convert through the air, but the pass ended up in the hands of a Florida State player, and they would return it to within field goal range with time left to score a TD. The Bucks defense would hold them to a field goal, and call time out with 1:13 left and 80 yards to go. Another big play from the passing game, this time to Corey Brown would bring the Buckeyes down to the 21 yard line. The Bucks would run a play to center the ball and kick the game winning field goal as time expired for a 24-21 victory.

12. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Oh OSU... that was a close one... haha.I think we are on a crash course with alot at stake...

14. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Its looking like it. That FSU game scared me. I thought for sure I blew it with that pick at the end. I've still gotta get through the rest of these cpu games without losing... lol.

15. themidnightrider13

themidnightrider13 Walk On

Yeah you got a couple D TD's but, I wouldn't say they were bs at all, maybe the DL int TD...remember the NCAA that would happen 3 times a game...lol But you forced the turnovers and like I said man u got up early and took my running game completely out of the picture...And I'm not a good enough player to beat anyone w/o the ability to mix the run and keep the other user a little off balance.