2012 Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Jan 26, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2012 Week 4

2012 Week 4!

Let's get em in quick guys and keep this thing moving.

Next advance deadline is:
    Thursday 10 PM EST

Weekly Polls
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    RK LW Name/Votes
    1 1 Tennessee (40)
    3 3 Clemson
    9 9 Florida
    11 11 UNC
    14 15 Virginia
    16 13 Auburn
    17 20 Georgia
    19 22 Florida St
    20 -- Virginia Tech
    25 17 Maryland

NR LSU, Bama

ESPN Headlines

Gameday
    Gameday will travel to Knoxville this week as the Gators look to keep dominating the SEC as they take on the #1 team in the Nation, the Vols.

Will the new coach in Vol land keep the Vols ahead of the race and usher in a new era in the East or will it be the Gators staying on top? Florida jumps out on paper as the best team and statistically better except three areas most notably turnovers.

Kirk likes Florida
    Lee likes Tennessee

Heisman Watch
    Taylor continues his bid for the Heisman, this time in a loss to North Carolina

Player of the Week

Caleb Porzel, HB, Maryland
    18 Carries, 136 yards, 9 Receptions, 115 yards, 4 Total TDs

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    AJ Pickens WR ASU 4 rec, 40 yds
    N. Richardson WR Tenn 3 rec, 45 yds, TD
    Kyle Parker QB Clem 19-27, 432 yds, 5 car, 13 yds, 5 TD
    Reggie Taylor SS Aub 9 tkls, tfl, Int
    Jheraine Boyd WR UNC 3 rec 74 yds

Shout out to KnighNoles for the help this week!

2. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

LSU vs. South Carolina (W 45 -24)

We got the win, but Shepard needs to learn to make better throwing decisions and not force it to his receivers. He had three interceptions this game(one ran back for a TD) and continues to struggle to get his TD-INT ratio in the positive. Thank God for his speed. Inspite of his quickness, he was sacked 8 times(5 by RE Fordham for a SC record). He also continues to get beat up. While the injuries aren't serious, it only takes one good hit to put somebody in the hospital.

On the defensive side of the ball LSU struggles to committ turnovers, but succeed in other areas. They held SC to 6-16 on 3rd down conversions, but allowed them to keep their driv alive 2-3 times on 4th down.

Standard running plays to the halfback continue to not work. 36 yds on 10 carries by Ford. He even got a couple attempts for rushing scores. We need our fullback and QBs to pick up yardage, which isn't a problem for Shepard, who had 170 yds and 3 scores and continues to see a heavy load with 25 carries.

3. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Power Poll

(1)#3 Clemson- Seem to be the team to beat, but back-to-back OT wins leads me to believe they may get bit by the upset bug sometime.
    (2)#8 Florida- No reason for a change, unless Tennessee is vicorious this week in a huge matchup in Knoxville.
    (3)#1 Tennessee- Not getting the same love from me as the pollsters.
    (4)#11 North Carolina- If you're looking for a lesson on how to climb the polls, use UNC as an example. Beat a team above you and win back-to-back ranked games.
    (5)#14 Virginia- Wins would look nicer vs. some ranked opponents so they're kind of in limbo here.
    (6)#16 Auburn- This loss against an athletic Tar Heels team is no biggie, but their star QB is out for the season and that is.
    (7)#20 Virginia Tech- I'll take them here as they've won 2 staight against very capable teams and LSU will eventually be ranked.
    (8)#19 Florida State- Sole loss is to the current #1. Not bad at all.
    (9)#17 Georgia- Only ranked win is against an 0-3 Maryland team.
    (10)LSU- 15 seconds away from being undefeated, but need to iron out some kinks.
    (11)Alabama- Needed a closer loss last week to stay near the top 25.
    (12)#25 Maryland- I know I may be judging too harshly again here and that they've lost to all ranked teams and 2 highly ranked teams, but you have to win those games every once in a while. They have 3 more ranked games and if the pattern continues, that's 6-6 on the year.

4. GoGators

Nice write-up. I'm loving all the love UF continues to get.....the game this week makes me nervous though.

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Here you go, Gators.. Just copy and paste it into your first thread and then delete this post..

Weekly Polls
    RK LW Name/Votes
    1 1 Tennessee (40)
    3 3 Clemson
    9 9 Florida
    11 11 UNC
    14 15 Virginia
    16 13 Auburn
    17 20 Georgia
    19 22 Florida St
    20 -- Virginia Tech
    25 17 Maryland

NR LSU, Bama

ESPN Headlines

Gameday
    Gameday will travel to Knoxville this week as the Gators look to keep dominating the SEC as they take on the #1 team in the Nation, the Vols.

Will the new coach in Vol land keep the Vols ahead of the race and usher in a new era in the East or will it be the Gators staying on top? Florida jumps out on paper as the best team and statistically better except three areas most notably turnovers.

Kirk likes Florida
    Lee likes Tennessee

Heisman Watch
    Taylor continues his bid for the Heisman, this time in a loss to North Carolina

Player of the Week

Caleb Porzel, HB, Maryland
    18 Carries, 136 yards, 9 Receptions, 115 yards, 4 Total TDs

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    AJ Pickens WR ASU 4 rec, 40 yds
    N. Richardson WR Tenn 3 rec, 45 yds, TD
    Kyle Parker QB Clem 19-27, 432 yds, 5 car, 13 yds, 5 TD
    Reggie Taylor SS Aub 9 tkls, tfl, Int
    Jheraine Boyd WR UNC 3 rec 74 yds

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    when you guys playing gators?

7. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

no love....:violin:

8. KnightNoles

?:confused:

9. GoGators

thanks for the assist Noles.

I don't know when we're playing. I want to get it scheduled soon though since I don't have much availability this week.

10. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#3 Clemson - 66
    Boston College - 23

Clemson keeps its perfect record intact, this time defeating BC on the road. Despite the large margin of victory, the game didnt get ugly until BC fumbled a kickoff return which was recovered by Clemson and taken down to the 5 yard line. After scoring and going up 52-23 in the third, Clemson called off the dogs and let the backups get some shine. The offense moved the ball well all day long and although the defense didnt play up to the level the Clemson fans expect, it was good enough to walk away from Boston with a big win.

Stats - Clemson

QB Kyle Parker - 15/19 - 297 - 3/1
    HB Andre Ellington - 24 Attempts - 142 Yards - 4 TDs
    HB Roderick McDowell - 12 Attempts - 76 Yards
    WR Bryce McNeal - 5 Receptions - 107 Yards - 1 TD
    WR Jaron Brown - 4 Receptions - 76 Yards
    TE Dwayne Allen - 4 Receptions - 67 Yards - 2 TDs
    DE Mallicah Goodman - 7 Tackles - 1 Sack
    DT Brandon Thompson - 4 Tackles - 1 Sack
    FS Matt Thomas - 16 Tackles

11. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

#20 Virginia Tech- 49
    #12 Michigan- 28

With Antone Exum healthy the Hokies ran their potent option offense to perfection, accumulating 430yds on the ground. Exum had 190yds 2 TD, Sweetness 182yds 5 TD, and Wilson 45yds. Exum also threw the ball effeciently completing all 5 off his passes. The Hokies did have trouble holding onto the ball fumbling 4 times and Clayton threw a INT trying to run the 2 minute offense before half. If Exum stays healthy and the offense can hold on to the ball expect Virginia Tech to challenge for the ACC crown.

65yd run by Sweetness

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16242131

59yd run by Exum

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16242169

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

I responded in the scheduling section saying that I could play tonight at 9.

14. GoGators

Yeah, we're good to go.

15. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

The Tide put on a defensive clinic

Alabama - 27
    Arkansas - 0

Jus when I thought my own Star Jackson was the most inaccurate QB in the south, Arkansas had to prove me wrong. The tide defense forced 5 TOs including 4 INTs. Star Jackson continued to struggle thrown 2 INTs of his own. Arkansas was 0-4 in the red zone and only ran for 52 yards. The Tide ground game proved to be dominate rushing for 177yds and a score.

Jackson 9/18 82yds 2INTs
    J. Griffin 17car 98yds 1TD
    T. Richardson 41yds
    R. Lester 2INT 1TD

16. KnightNoles

from Jello in my scouting report.. I thought I would reply here instead of jumbling up the other thread. I switched to him and I dont know what happened, it should have been at the least knocked down but my best guess is the signals were delayed a lil and it was a nice route to begin with and I had my eye on him the whole time. But what can you do now.. lol

17. KnightNoles

Im just hoping to weather the storm the remainder of the year try to get some good prospects and make up for the years I wasnt in this. I hope I can get this team built by year 6 and be pretty good. We have 5 months til '11 drops so its basically Feb gives us Feb, Mar, April, May, June... July depending where were at. so that 5 months bout a season and a start of one each month. We may get in somewhere between 8-10 seasons, so that will give me 2-4 years of being on top.. lol (y)
    Im just rambling

18. GoGators

#9 UF 37
    #1 Tenn 21

#1 No More!!!

[​IMG]

As if you need motivation to play Tennessee, the Gators had a bye week to stew in their loss to Clemson, and with UT ranked #1, the Gators were very hyped up for this one.

Perhaps there was too much adrenaline pumping for the Gators. They opened the game with Tennessee marching right down the field led by SR HB Brown for a TD. When the Gators offense tried to respond, they went 3 and out.

"It wasn't kind of start we had hoped for. When you play the #1 team on the road in a venue like this, you want to get on top early and take the crowd out of the game. The way we started made me pretty nervous." -Coach KSherm after the game

Thankfully, the Gators defense, after a stern ass chewing on the sideline from the HC, got it together when they went back out onto the field. They forced Tennessee into a mistake and JR OLB Jelani Jenkins capitalized on it pick sixing Tennessee QB Rivas to knot the game up.

Tennessee would try to respond only to have Rivas buckle under pressure again as he was pick sixed by CB Eric Peterson giving the Gators the lead 14-7.

Tennessee would respond on their ensuing possession when Bryce Brown gashed the Gators defense again, this time going 68 yards to pay dirt on an amazing run.

The Gators finally settled in, dominating the second quarter scoring 13 unanswered points to take a 27-14 lead into half time.

The second half was very quite as both teams made solid half time adjustments. The play of the game may have come on 1st down after a Tennessee TD when UT had the momentum swinging back into their favor as they tried to mount a comeback. QB Jordan Reed dropped back and hooked up with O. Hines for a 40 yard gain that put the Gators into field goal range that would give them a 3 score lead in the fourth.

"Great game from Tennessee. Their new coach has really worked their HB Brown hard this offseason. That guys a beast. We couldn't catch him and when we did, we couldn't tackle him. I'm glad that guys a senior!" -Coach KSherm

UF
    Tenn​
    First Downs
    17​
    10​
    Total Offense
    359​
    295​
    Rushes-Yards-TD
    32-81-0​
    20-168-3​
    Comp-Att-TD
    17-24-2​
    12-10-0​
    Passing Yards
    278​
    127​
    3rd Down Conv
    8-13 (61%)​
    1-7 (14%)​
    Turnovers
    0​
    2​
    T.O.P.
    17:37​
    10:26​

Players of the Game:
    Game Ball QB J. Reed 17/24, 278 yds, 2 TDs, 7 car, yd

Tenn HB B. Brown 17 car, 166 yds, 3 TDs, 2 rec, 12 yds​

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16249217
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16249256
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16249263

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    W, 45-36 against Duke

I don't know what it is about Duke but I struggle with these fucks anytime I play them...this was no different. I gave up 500 yards passing as well as passed for around 500 yards...geez. Only saving grace was a fumble I caused late in the game and I returned with Lovante Battle (14 tackles, 2FL, FR, TD)...fack.

20. Hokie Effect

Watch out SEC, looks like the Gators are playing with a chip on their shoulders.

And now I am not that excited about playing Duke next week, 500yds in the air against UVA, and my secondary is known for being suspect. :eek:

21. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

about the power poll

22. Hokie Effect

I think we only have a couple of cpu games left. Let's try to knock them out early and advance. I have some new motivation for my upcoming game against Duke:

By the end of the year the Hokie Nation wants to be known and feared as the best running team in the country.

23. GoGators

Not gonna happen. I've seen you on the sticks, either this guy got lucky against me or he's got ya beat.

24. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

I'd like to think that I'm pretty good in the rushing department, but it sure as hell doesn't hurt to have a beast like Bryce Brown.

25. Hokie Effect

Let the arguement begin.....

Sweetness is avg 8.2 yds a carry and has 11, 20+ runs.