2012 Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Dec 9, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

User games due by Saturday 12/11 10pm PST
    CPU games due by Friday 12/10 10pm PST

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

If someone can post the wire stuff that would be great. Not sure if it uploaded as it was acting weird last night when I advanced.

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I see no "Welcome to week 4" Update...

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I figured...well I know we have a bunch of user games so get them scheduled boys!

5. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Forcier Leads 4th Quarter Flurry For Illini
    Illini: 0 3 0 14 17
    Cincinnati: 0 0 0 3 3

In what was easily the fastest paced Illinois game of the season, the Illini were able to pull away late from the #23 Cincinnati Bearcats 17-7. Cincinnati's no huddle offense threw off the usual slow and methodical tempo that Coach Cheez likes to employ, which created a lot of distress over on the home sideline.

This lack of timing held Illinois' offense in check through their first couple series. However, it appeared as though Cincinnati was running an offense that was even to fast pace for themselves, so they were unable to capitalize on Illinois' slow start.

Early in the second, Illinois was able to build some momentum on the legs of NCAA rushing leader Justin Green (29 carries, 117 yards). He was able to lead the Illini down the field deep into Bearcats' territory after starting the drive from their own 5 yard line. The drive would stall, however, following a Tate Forcier (10-14, 2 TDs, fumble) sack. The 41 yard Weddle field goal was good, giving the Illini a 3-0 lead.

It looked as though the Illini were poised to strike again, however the turnover bug hit Tate Forcier once again and he put the ball on the ground after being hit. The fumble recovery by Cincinnati kept the game 3-0 until the fourth quarter.

Facing third and long on the first play of the quarter, Tate Forcier made arguably the biggest throw of his season thus far hitting Davidson over the middle with the safeties in man coverage. Davidson (2 receptions, 55 yards, TD) was all alone to waltz into the endzone for a 49 yard touchdown reception giving the Illini a 10-0 lead.

The ensuing drive would see Cincinnati's offense finally hit their stride as they dissected the Illini defense. However, the red zone defense would prove to be solid, holding the Bearcats to a 40 yard field goal.

With the score 10-3 and just over 4 minutes remaining, Coach Cheez tested Forcier's arm over the middle again. This time, Langford was on the other end of the strike from Forcier. The safety would take a bad angle to Langford (3 receptions, 116 yards, TD)allowing him to sprint 81 yards into the endzone giving the Illini the lead for good 17-3.

After being torn apart in the game vs. Oregon State, not enough can be said about the Illinois secondary, which limited Cincinnati to 159 yards on 18-32 passing. They will be in for a big test again next week, opening up conference play against the #1 offense in the country: Penn State.

6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas 45
    Wisconsin 42

The Barn is Still Burning in Camp Randall

Despite giving up scoring plays of 80, 64, 57, 47, and 21 yards, Texas manages to hang on for the win. It seemed like the Texas offense was always on the field with a time of position advange of 23:14 to 9:46. Even with Texas controlling the ball they were out gained by wisconsin by over 100 yards.

Goodwin was well on his way to another high impact game. He had a rushing TD, 35 recieving yards and took back a missed FG 102 yards as time expired in the first half. At the start of the 3rd quarter Goodwin suffered a 3 week injury and things took a turn for the Texas momentum.

Texas had a 31 to 14 lead into half time, but the badgers came raging back. Closing the game to 3 in the 4th quarter. Texas grinded a drive down to the 1" line then failed on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down to convert 1". On forth down HB Whaley took the HB Lead off right tackle and converted the TD to give texas a 10 point lead with 3 minutes remaining. It took all of 2 plays and 30 seconds for Wisconsin to come back with a 57 yard TD pass. Texas managed to convert 3 3rd downs to run out the clock.

7. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Those missed fgs hurt me. Not gonna put all the blame on my controller, but I def need to buy a new one haha. That short kickoff hurt also. It was just a matter of you making the big plays on 3rd down. Hope I wont drop too low in the polls.

8. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I think you still have a shot at the title if you beat Ohio State and Ohio State beats me again in week 15.

9. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

I dont play ohio st this year.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 17
    Oregon State - 3

Kind of a strange game for me at least as I just played well enough to win. A lot of turnovers in this one. I know I had 2 or 3 redzone turnovers and OSU had their share, at least 3 off my memory. But a wins and win, and we'll take it. GG wazzu.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I do but dont count on any miracles from my Bruins going into Columbus.

12. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Bucky only has one in conference user game - Iowa.

He avoids both Illinois (3-1) and Wisconsin (3-1). I blame the Big Ten scheduling committee.

13. Jayrah

Rec, sounds as if Dakota cannot stay around to play today due to going out of town early for weather purposes. I'll come back this evening after my reffing (game's at 3:15 so should get it played by 8), and play the cpu. If you could make sure he's on auto, that would be appreciated.

14. Jayrah

Aggies Flatten 25th ranked Ducks

#25 Oregon 16 @ Texas A&M 25

UO Head Football Coach and acting O-Coordinator Dakota had "personal business" to attend to on Saturday evening and couldn't make the trip to college station. Unfortunately for the Ducks, he took the offense with him, as they were nowhere to be found. The only A&M turnover of the day sparked the Ducks late 2nd quarter and early 3rd quarter rally, to eventually turn a 7-0 deficit into both 10-7 halftime, and 16-14 fourth qtr leads, before 2 Oregon turnovers propelled the Aggies back in front to stay.

"We fought. It was ugly, but we fought. I felt like we were about to take control there towards the end of the half, then we gave it up. This year, our turnovers have made the other team really good, and again our opponent took advantage of that. But our defense was rugged, and the 2 late turnovers they created were huge" said Coach Davis afterward. "We want to be that rugged team, and we don't mind playing a messy, low scoring game and this game was exactly that. We just gotta protect that ball!"

TAMU will now start up conference play with K-State and Iowa State the next 2 weeks. It should be a nice break in their schedule of difficult games.