2012 Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Jan 28, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2012 Week 5

2012 Week 5!

Let's get em in quick guys and keep this thing moving.
    Legend, you didn't play your game and we waited for you. That sucks because 11 guys waited for you and you still didn't play. I need to hear something from you ASAP.

Next advance deadline is:
    Sun 10 PM EST

Weekly Polls

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    RK LW Name/Votes
    2 3 Clemson
    6 9 Florida
    8 1 Tennessee
    11 11 UNC
    13 14 Virginia
    15 16 Auburn
    16 17 Georgia
    17 20 VaTech
    19 19 FSU
    23 25 Maryland

NR LSU, Bama
    Why are the only unrated teams from the SEC???

ESPN Headlines

Gameday
    The game of the week is #11 North Carolina at LSU.

Can the Tar Heels go into Death Valley and come away with a win???

Nobody seems to think so as both Lee and Kirk are picking the Tigers to pull the upset at home.

On paper, LSU is the dominant team. Led by Sr QB Russell Shephard, the LSU team is a rushing demon ranking 8th in the nation in rushing yards. However, the athletic QB hasn't been very explosive through the air as LSU ranks 59th in pass offense and is 98th in turnover differential. Adding fire to the game, LSU has 2 big recruits coming to town this weekend in ROLB M. Washington and #48 DT J. Jacobs.

What does Coach Bfruchey have up his sleeve this week?

Heisman Watch
    Brown keeps his heisman hopes alive as he leads the bulldogs to a 55-13 win.

Player of the Week
    VT Sr. HB RW Sweetness, 23 car, 182 yds, 5 TDs, 2 rec, 13 yds

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    AJ Pickens WR ASU 4 rec, 40 yds
    K. Parker QB Clem 15/19, 297 yds, 3 TDs
    M. Brown WR UGA 5 rec, 166 yds, 3 TDs
    N. Richardson WR Tenn 3 rec, 33 yds
    C. Dukes HB PSU 22 car, 128 yds, 4 rec, 43 yds, TD

How is Jordan Reed not on this list and Kyle Parker is???

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

ShortBus and I just talked on XBL. We'll be playing our game @ 10AM EST on Saturday.

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Nice to see Brown jump into the Heismann race. I tell you that if the computer continues to bring pressure with no safety over the top he will continue to dominate. This coming after a great peformance in a user game vs Maryland week 2.

4. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#2 Clemson - 59
    Wake Forest - 13

No contest here - Wake was simply overmatched. Heisman candidate Kyle Parker had a game for the ages, completing 20 of 21 passes for 320 yards and 4 TDs. The incompletion? An interception (oops). CB Marvin Campbell continues to make big plays, this time intercepting a Wake Forest pass and returning it for 6. Clemson goes into the bye week to recuperate before tangling with arch rival NC State in the Textile Bowl in week 7.

Stats - Clemson

QB Kyle Parker - 20/21 - 320 Yards - 4/1
    HB Andre Ellington - 15 Attempts - 101 Yards - 2 TDs
    WR Brandon Clear - 7 Receptions - 105 Yards - 1 TD
    WR Bryce McNeal - 6 Receptions - 136 Yards - 2 TDs
    MLB Corico Hawkins - 9 Tackles - 1 Interception
    DE Mallicah Goodman - 7 Tackles - 2 Sacks
    CB Marvin Campbell - 5 Tackles - 1 Interception Return for TD (77 Yards)

5. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

6. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Because the CPU is stupid. How is it that Maryland is still #25? They are 0-3(may be 1-3), while I have lost 1 game to a previously ranked #24 Virginia Tech team and won 2 straight and started 31st.(n)

Is this wishful thinking? Shepard is a Junior.(n)

7. GoGators

Yeah, that's crazy considering the rankings. I never thought of that, Maryland got their first win last week and is 1-3 but ranked higher than you....wtf?

You must have redshirted Shephard for a year huh?

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Florida State - 14
    Maimi - 33

This one had me wanting to chuck the controller across the room last night. It was a tight game until the 4th quarter when I decided to throw Miami the ball over and over and over. I believe I turned the ball over 3 times in the Red Zone! All in all, 5 picks and a fumble. The fumble and one of the picks were returned for TD's. So im a little dejected this morning as I managed to play 3 games last night and lost all 3. And I have a cold to boot!

9. GoGators

Wow, 0 for 3.....reminds me of the Buffallo Bills from the 90s.

10. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Virginia Tech- 52
    Duke- 20

Virginia Tech broke away from what was a close game in the first half to outrun the Blue Devils. The new option offense is picking up stride as the Hokies gained 486yds on the ground. Sweetness led the way with 258yds 3 TD, Exum 148yds 2 TD, and Wilson 72yds 2 TD. The Hokies defense is still giving up big yards, especially in the air. Of Duke's 351 total yards, 298 was from the passing game. Virginia Tech faces 3 pivital ACC user games in a row, starting with UNC. This will be a true test to see how competitive the Hokies really can be.

11. GoGators

It'll be interesting to see how Sweetness holds up against the 3 ACC users, especially when he'll be defensive objective number 1.

12. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

(1)#2 Clemson- Have a good chance to run the table as their toghest game is out of the way. They just have to avoid injury and upsets.
    (2)#6 Florida- Made me look smart by winning. KSherm is just one of the best coaches out there who has been winning games consistently since the start of the league. This may however be his worst team yet, which still doesn't mean much.
    (3)#8 Tennessee- Still a great team, but is now behind Florida in SEC hunt due to loss.
    (4)#11 North Carolina- Needs to servive a tough 3 game stretch with 2 of 3 on the road.
    (5)#13 Virginia- Shaky defense gave up 36 against Duke. Could get valuable scouting info from their headcoach.
    (6)#15 Auburn- I see at least two more losses for them. My prediction: other teams will pass them and they fall in the next month.
    (7)#17 Virginia Tech- Crushed a good Michigan team, but teams with good defenses will give them fits.
    (8)#16 Georgia- Still need to prove they can beat someone of worth.
    (9)#19 Florida State- 2 guarenteed losses against Clemson and Florida. A lot of good teams that will have good records this year. I think they'll climb.
    (10)Alabama- Still trying to figure them out, but they have beaten a ranked team.
    (11)LSU- Still searching for a ranked win and finding it hard to climb to the top.
    (12)#23 Maryland- Shocking that they moved up from #25 to #23 after their first win in 4 games and now the coach has missed a game and could not be contacted by the AD or heads of the NCAA.

13. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

(1)#2 Clemson- Have a good chance to run the table as their toghest game is out of the way. They just have to avoid injury and upsets.
    (2)#6 Florida- Made me look smart by winning. KSherm is just one of the best coaches out there who has been winning games consistently since the start of the league. This may however be his worst team yet, which still doesn't mean much.
    (3)#8 Tennessee- Still a great team, but is now behind Florida in SEC hunt due to loss.
    (4)#11 North Carolina- Needs to servive a tough 3 game stretch with 2 of 3 on the road.
    (5)#13 Virginia- Shaky defense gave up 36 against Duke. Could get valuable scouting info from their headcoach.
    (6)#15 Auburn- I see at least two more losses for them. My prediction: other teams will pass them and they fall in the next month.
    (7)#17 Virginia Tech- Crushed a good Michigan team, but teams with good defenses will give them fits.
    (8)#16 Georgia- Still need to prove they can beat someone of worth.
    (9)#19 Florida State- 2 guarenteed losses against Clemson and Florida. A lot of good teams that will have good records this year. I think they'll climb.
    (10)Alabama- Still trying to figure them out, but they have beaten a ranked team.
    (11)LSU- Still searching for a ranked win and finding it hard to climb to the top.
    (12)#23 Maryland- Shocking that they moved up from #25 to #23 after their first win in 4 games and now the coach has missed a game and could not be contacted by the AD or heads of the NCAA.

14. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

I hate BYE weeks more than anything else in the world.

15. Hokie Effect

Anything?!?....herpes kinda sux.

16. GoGators

The information just keeps coming on you Hokie,

Wife is into strippers
    man crush on Sweetness
    experiences with herpes

I'm scared to find out what's next....

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Virginia- 52, Maryland- 49

Shouldn't have been this close. We got complacent and allowed 35 2nd half points...my guys just let them back into the game. Maryland took a 49-45 lead off a late pitch but my guys were resilent. We really didn't get stopped much at all this game as Smalls to Brown connection was huge. A 66 yard TD reception from Smalls to Smith ended up giving UVA the win over Maryland. GG.

Smalls- 16/26, 435yds, 5TD's, INT
    Mack- 21car, 121yds, 2TD's, 3rec, 66yds, TD
    Brown- 8rec, 236yds, 3TD's
    Smith- 3rec, 101yds, TD
    FS Ingram- BAckup FS gets pick to seal the game for UVA.

18. Hokie Effect

How should I respond:

A) I was just joking around to lighten up the forum discussions

B) Herpes experiance with your mom....dirty whore

You know what, its snowing in VA and Confessions of a Shopaholic is on, so I will go with "A".

19. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I just can't seem to get a win! Three close losses and I just don't know what to do anymore! Good game mo. I need to go heavy on defensive recruiting this season and next as u all can see, I can score points, I just can't stop anyone! I've said it once and once again, eff my life...

20. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

It's ridiculous how much better LSU's team is than mine. You know it's a bad sign when every one of your opponent's offensive skill players (including the QB) is faster than everyone on your defense.

If it weren't for my 1st 2 KO returns this season, this game would've been really ugly.

Wow. His QB threw for 365 yards on 12 completions! That's 30.4 per reception. His receivers can run their routes while running backwards and still get behind my corners.

21. Hokie Effect

Tough loss Jello....guess ACC is still up 4-3.

Just 3 cpu games left....

22. GoGators

Not to pick on Griff, but this was a confusing scouting report.

Legend uses the Miss St playbook, all it has is shotgun plays.

So he's a heavy blitzer or not? ......

23. GoGators

Hooray LSU. Where's the write up???

24. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

I hope we advance soon, bye weeks seem to last for ages.

25. GoGators

I'm going to play my game after the senior bowl so hopefully we can advance after that.